PDA

View Full Version : Satterfield back at ASU!!!!

ws66370
January 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205355928

Great day for ASU!!!

asknoquarter21
January 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I agree, but we have been discussing it in the other thread.

You know, the one with more views that the national championship thread.

SpeedkingATL
January 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
It will be nice to see the spread offense (the real thing) return to App State. Suddenly opening with ECU and Montana doesn't appear so completely demoralizing.

Go Apps!!

Kill'em
January 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
This is great news for ASU... bad news for the rest of the SoCon.

OL FU
January 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Even though it is discussed in a different thread, probably deserves a place of its own. I agree with Kill 'em.

I suppose this means that the future head coach is now on the field.

eaglewraith
January 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Except GSU.

Even with Satterfield our games were even. Bring it.

ASUMountaineer
January 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Except GSU.

Duly noted.

And, I agree...BRING IT!

The Cats
January 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM

Come on guys, get real, Satterfield just escaped the pink slip from FIU. Just read their message board. No one would leave a FBS team as offensive coordinator, and move down to a FCS team as offensive coordinator (and the pay cut that comes with that downward move) unless they had seen the writing on the wall. Satterfield's days at FIU were numbered, one way or another.... and Cobb didn't promise him the HC job either, and the asst. head coach title means nothing as we all know, it's just a feel good title for him.

Just bringing back Satterfield is a long, long, long way from reassembling that coaching staff that won 3 NCs, nice try, but no dice. xcoffeex

....and no, I'm not saying or implying that WCU will challange for a conference championslhip or even beat Appy this year. Maybe in a couple, if Speir is the right fit, which I'm hopeful but not positive.

asumike83
January 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Come on guys, get real, Satterfield just escaped the pink slip from FIU. Just read their message board. No one would leave a FBS team as offensive coordinator, and move down to a FCS team as offensive coordinator (and the pay cut that comes with that downward move) unless they had seen the writing on the wall.

Fortunately, fans on message boards do not write pink slips. Mario Cristobal was recently given a raise by FIU to stay and he, in turn, passed the raises down to his assistants in an attempt to retain them. His job did not appear to be in any trouble whatsoever at FIU. Keep in mind, FIU is a new program who had never appeared in a bowl before and is now coming off 2 straight bowl appearances in the 2 years Satterfield ran the offense. He is obviously not solely responsible but would be a very unlikely candidate for termination. Of course we have no way to confirm this for sure but from what I have been told by asking those with more intimate knowledge than myself, this is accurate.

You are correct on two things: he is not guaranteed the HC position (rightfully so) and we have not reassembled the coaching staff from the 3 NC's. However, the reason he came back was not to avoid being let go in Florida, but for the opportunity to come back and make his case for HC consideration when Jerry hangs 'em up. Working under a hot commodity like Cristobal that is likely to be courted by BCS programs shortly, it is an opportunity he would not have had if he stayed on his staff. Plus, even the possibility of becoming HC of your alma mater is attractive to most anybody.

ThompsonThe
January 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Come on guys, get real, Satterfield just escaped the pink slip from FIU. Just read their message board. No one would leave a FBS team as offensive coordinator, and move down to a FCS team as offensive coordinator (and the pay cut that comes with that downward move) unless they had seen the writing on the wall. Satterfield's days at FIU were numbered, one way or another.... and Cobb didn't promise him the HC job either, and the asst. head coach title means nothing as we all know, it's just a feel good title for him.

Just bringing back Satterfield is a long, long, long way from reassembling that coaching staff that won 3 NCs, nice try, but no dice. xcoffeex

....and no, I'm not saying or implying that WCU will challange for a conference championslhip or even beat Appy this year. Maybe in a couple, if Speir is the right fit, which I'm hopeful but not positive.

Most fans are going to be upset when they know a coach is leaving and many will denigrate them. Other fans were ticked off because they lost their 2nd bowl game late in the game. Cristobal had 3 wins the year before Scott Satterfield showed up. Had 8 wins this year. Plus they won their first ever game against an actual BCS conference team. All that and they didn't even have a weight room right before he went there, so you can imagine what kind of athletes they had recruited being an FBS school without a weight room. Well that's not exactly true, they did have a bowflex machine in a small room. Really. Makes FBS fans even more ticked off when they lose a coach to an FCS school.

It's not such a long, long, long way as you put it Cats Meow. Especially when SS was the main cog. And NO, we are not worried about the Cant-amounts winning the SoCon football title this year. And neither is GaSo, or Wofford, or Furman, or UTC. And NO we are not worried about you beating Appalachian this year..........or next............or next...............or next................or next............etcetera.

But Western Cryolina fans keep thinking that way. Spread the rumors as you will. Could it have been that we actually were looking to open up some coaching spaces out of necessity? Huh.

BAZINGA

ThompsonThe
January 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Except GSU.

iT'S on it's way baby!

And NO it wasn't even, far from it. AND your present coaching staff has never faced him.

whoanellie
January 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
not a complete housecleaning..... many unresolved issues
but this takes away the focus of a staff in shambles and a confused administration
with great hullabalou ASU plans to go to FBS division and and tells all their recruits
the same.... anyone hear the buzz from the BigEast? they Black-balled East Carolina
Conference USA? the Boone Airstip is now a "hub" for hubba-hubba Airlines
The Sun Belt? think the sun set on that too.

That being said, When did coach Moore actually sign off on all this? He sure must have put the word out
"over my dead body". at least he has been producing mid level assistants and his few imports swiped
about a half dozen clones, Mark Speir to WCU. at least he won't bankrupt the Cat Club w/ his buyout in 3 years.
where is the clasped hands welcome back to the rock photo-Op?
with Elvis' birthday coming up I think We owe Coach Moore a few more kudos.

Armani Edwards will be looking for a job soon enough, he's a special teams guru for sure.

GlassOnion
January 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
but this takes away the focus of a staff in shambles and a confused administration
with great hullabalou ASU plans to go to FBS division and and tells all their recruits
the same.... anyone hear the buzz from the BigEast? they Black-balled East Carolina

That being said, When did coach Moore actually sign off on all this? He sure must have put the word out
"over my dead body". at least he has been producing mid level assistants and his few imports swiped
about a half dozen clones, Mark Speir to WCU. at least he won't bankrupt the Cat Club w/ his buyout in 3 years.

Armani Edwards will be looking for a job soon enough, he's a special teams guru for sure.

Nice rambling, incoherent, ignorant, bullst post you have there.

paward
January 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I am no expert on either program but I will take the ASU water boy job over FIU any coaching position.

cbarrier90
January 6th, 2012, 08:58 PM

xlolx You Elon fans...

SideLine Shooter
January 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM

Drinking again I see.

MorgantonAPPAlum
January 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
This is excellent news!

Mr. C
January 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM

What a totally idiotic post. You don't fire an OC who had done a lot to turn around your program in two years.

Horseshoe App
January 7th, 2012, 08:47 AM
What a totally idiotic post. You don't fire an OC who had done a lot to turn around your program in two years.

The negativity came from both WCU and Elon. Go figure. Honestly, I hope WCU starts playing well again because they are led by a ex Mountaineer. I've been to the last three Elon/ASU games in Burlington and almost all their fans are gracious hosts. However, a few idiots seem to keep spewing stupidity. I guess we all have them, but Elon's seem to be more annoying:)

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
iT'S on it's way baby!

And NO it wasn't even, far from it. AND your present coaching staff has never faced him.

Uh what? After the spread was implemented, Satterfield took over the primary play-calling from 2004 til 2008.

From 2006-2008 those games were pretty damn even...not in terms of W-L but performance on the field.

HighCountry
January 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
The negativity came from both WCU and Elon. Go figure. Honestly, I hope WCU starts playing well again because they are led by a ex Mountaineer. I've been to the last three Elon/ASU games in Burlington and almost all their fans are gracious hosts. However, a few idiots seem to keep spewing stupidity. I guess we all have them, but Elon's seem to be more annoying:)

One of those being Scott Riddle. My friend talked to him before the game this year and boy was he still bitter. I couldn't imagine why though...xrolleyesx

ThompsonThe
January 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
One of those being Scott Riddle. My friend talked to him before the game this year and boy was he still bitter. I couldn't imagine why though...xrolleyesx

I think Scott Riddle was born bitter. Wasn't he arrested for something recently?

Apphole
January 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Elon people have been bitter since 1964.

ThompsonThe
January 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Elon people have been bitter since 1964.

Almost a half century of losing to App State,
looks like they would get used to it.

ASUMountaineer
January 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM

You're right about one thing: xcoffeex

SoCon48
January 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I think Scott Riddle was born bitter. Wasn't he arrested for something recently?

Assaulting a police officer.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/201736/57/Former-Elon-Star-QB-Charged-With-Assaulting-Officer

Cop called his mother:

Asheboro, NC -- Scott Riddle, a former standout quarterback at Eastern Randolph HS and Elon University, was arrested last month for assault on an officer.

On November 19, two Asheboro police officers were called on a report of a suspicious vehicle in a driveway on South Cox Street, near Zoo Parkway. According to the police report, the officers found Riddle and a female in a black truck slumped over and unresponsive around 3am.

The two woke up and police began to question them. Riddle told the officers that he thought he was at a friend's house. The officers told him he was not at his friends and he needed to call someone to pick up him and his truck.

The officers said that Riddle was unable to use his cell phone due to "extreme inebriation". One of the officers called Riddle's mother for him.

james_lawfirm
January 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM

Wow, I was going to flame this post, but Mr. C beat me to it. So, I'll respond in a calmer, more sophisticated manner.

You don't have a clue.

Satterfield was the one who made the really good App teams great. We've had the same talent on the field now for a few years, but have not had the right driver at the wheel.

Now, we do again. I hope WCU improves & wish you all the best with your new coaches. But, it will be a while before you can bring the jug back to the 'Whee (a LONG while).

As to FIU, all I know is that when I saw FIU on ESPN, I saw some of the same plays App ran during its championship years. I would imagine the FIU's fans' on their message board have about as much control over FIU football as do App fans on ours.