PDA

View Full Version : Coach Ignores the AGS Poll

TexasTerror
May 29th, 2006, 06:48 AM
The AGS poll is getting loads of pub, but UNH coach Sean McDonnell isn't paying too much attention in Durham. I don't blame him. As a coach, you just need to focus on the field, not what the polls say...

UNH Notebook: Coach ignores preseason poll

By ALLEN LESSELS
Union Leader Sports
7 hours, 17 minutes ago

A No. 2 tag. Tyrell Sutton. A rugged schedule.

Those are just a few of the factors that may keep University of New Hampshire football coach Sean McDonnell up late nights as spring and then early summer in Durham chug toward August and September.

The Wildcats are coming off the best pair of seasons in their history and two straight appearances in the Division I-AA quarterfinals and the hype has begun anew.

One preseason poll just out, compiled by the AnyGivenSaturday on-line folks, pegs UNH as the No. 2 team in the land, behind only defending national champion Appalachian State.

And Matt Dougherty of The Sports Network, another chronicler of I-AA, has labeled UNH's season-opening game at Northwestern on Sept. 9 as a game to watch with the potential to be a shootout.

McDonnell, as usual, does not put a lot of stock in the way-early reads on the season.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH+Notebook%3A+Coach+ignore s+preseason+poll&articleId=d4709a0d-1801-4dd3-b4f8-9399c7e2bced

May 29th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Sean's a good guy.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 29th, 2006, 10:21 AM
"Do we have to talk about this stuff right now?" he said Friday after discussing rankings and Sutton and Northwestern. "I'm going golfing and I wanted to have a good day."

xlolx

LacesOut
June 1st, 2006, 09:39 AM
UNH is playing Northwestern, from the Big 10????

colgate13
June 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM
UNH is playing Northwestern, from the Big 10????

uh, yea. I don't know how long ago it was set up, but the AD at UNH used to work for the AD at Northwestern.... both at.... (like you need this set up)....

COLGATE!

I'm thinking that connection might have something to do with the matchup.

MR. CHICKEN
June 1st, 2006, 02:35 PM
TWAS UH TIME...WHEN SEAN...WUDDA GIVEN UP...TWO GALLONS O' MAPLE SYRUP.........TA SEE NEW HAMPSHIRE.......MENTIONED....LIKE #25...IN DUH AGS POLL.........NOW HE'S SITTIN' ATOP......AN' SCAREDY DAT HE CAN'T HOLD DUH RUDDER................IT'S CALLED BULLSEYE MCDONNELL......DUH HENS HAVE BEEN CARRYIN' DAT 'ROUND FO' DECADES.......BUK!...BUK!...BUK!....:thumbsup:.... BRAWK!

blackfordpu
June 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
The more publicity for the AGS poll the better!:nod:

TexasTerror
June 1st, 2006, 07:25 PM
The more publicity for the AGS poll the better!:nod:

I just hope the NCAA does not come after Ralph and put him incharge of I-AA publicity...don't think he'd have enough time time in the day! :rotateh: