PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of new turf

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Here is the latest:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/225143/

As an indoor football venue, the Alerus Center cannot host games on real grass, but for $4 million, it can have something almost as good.

After 11 years of wear and tear, the Alerus Center’s management is replacing its playing surface with new turf, estimated to cost between $3.5 million to $4 million.

The new surface will be infill turf, a material that comes closer to replicating the feel of natural turf and is easier on the bodies of athletes playing an impact sport.

“That’s the new standard for football,” said Alerus Center Operations Manager Jeremy Linstad.

UND installed similar turf at Memorial Stadium, where the football team practices, and the Fargodome is replacing its turf, installed about as the Alerus Center’s, with the same system as the Grand Forks facility plans to install.

UND plays five or six regular season football games each season in the city-owned facility. Linstad estimated that with practices, high school games and other events, the surface is used between 25 and 30 times a year.

No word on what the endzones will look like except that it won't have the word Sioux on it.

Twentysix
December 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Giant p***** n***** head in the endzone right?

Im purposefully being as psuedostarracist as possible. :p

I now expect this thread to be 50+ pages.

GO!

LakesBison
December 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
no one cares i bet

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Well of course they did, after all...NDSU did it first.

frozennorth
December 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
who is paying for this?

bisonguy
December 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
who is paying for this?

The fine citizens of Grand Forks, same as the bill that shows up from the Alerus Center every year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
They can call it the We Got One Too Field at the We Got One Too Dome.

MplsBison
December 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Why 3.5-4 million at the Alerus?

Doesn't it have the same magic carpet, roll up and store away system as the Fargodome?

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Doesn't it have the same magic carpet, roll up and store away system as the Fargodome?

Thats the Million dollar question or should I say 4 million dollar question.

NDB
December 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
$3.5 million~$70 for every man, woman, and child in grand forks.

bisonguy
December 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM

I don't know if they have exactly the same system. The Alerus field surface is at least an additonal 10 yards wider and I've heard that the pits that the turf in are different. They turf itself is probably around $1MM, the additional costs at both facilities are due to the conversion systems.

Hambone
December 29th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Well of course they did, after all...NDSU did it first.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that UND announced they were going to get new turf before NDSU did - it was supposed to be in before this year. However, it got delayed a year. So, I think NDSU was the follower in this one :) (yes, I know that both were due for it, so it's not like one copied the other).....

Twentysix
December 30th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that UND announced they were going to get new turf before NDSU did - it was supposed to be in before this year. However, it got delayed a year. So, I think NDSU was the follower in this one :) (yes, I know that both were due for it, so it's not like one copied the other).....

Impossible! I believe NDSU is getting new turf due to a long standing contract agreement with the fargodome, when you heard about it is irrelevant.

Probably the same story at the poorly built wellblechhütte.

MplsBison
December 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I don't know if they have exactly the same system. The Alerus field surface is at least an additonal 10 yards wider and I've heard that the pits that the turf in are different. They turf itself is probably around $1MM, the additional costs at both facilities are due to the conversion systems.

So 10 yards is double the cost? xeyebrowx

Both the Fargodome and the Alerus are replacing the machines that roll the turf up and expanding the storage pits for the turf roll. Both are replacing the same (terrible) Magic Carpet surface with a modern infill surface.

Why double?

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
no one cares i bet

Every UND fan cares... Why do you say stupid stuff like this?

LakesBison
December 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
there is only 1 f*kin und fan on this site

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
there is only 1 f*kin und fan on this site

There are more. They just don't post. Look at the members username list.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2011, 10:15 AM
There are more. They just don't post. Look at the members username list.

I'm surprised it took Lakes this long to start throwing his poo all over the place.

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm surprised it took Lakes this long to start throwing his poo all over the place.

I told you that if we called for him, he will come.

If he acts like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog, why wouldn't he respond to a call like a dog?

BisonHype!
December 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM

NoDak, have you ever met Lakes? I am just wondering if you two know each other. I just about fell out of my chair in my office after reading that. lol

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2011, 11:43 AM
NoDak, have you ever met Lakes? I am just wondering if you two know each other. I just about fell out of my chair in my office after reading that. lol

Never met him. I hear he is radically different in person than he is here. I just don't understand that need to be such a troll.

MplsBison
December 30th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Never met him. I hear he is radically different in person than he is here. I just don't understand that need to be such a troll.

Really? You heard that?

That's odd, because I heard in the real world lakes emailed a ND state senator using a fake email account and threatened him, related to the UND nickname topic.

The state senator then sent the real world ND state police to arrest lakes.

Sounds like exactly the same in the real world as he is online.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Really? You heard that?

That's odd, because I heard in the real world lakes emailed a ND state senator using a fake email account and threatened him, related to the UND nickname topic.

It's my understanding that he's the quintessential internet tough guy. All those who have met him say he's much different.

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
It's my understanding that he's the quintessential internet tough guy. All those who have met him say he's much different.

I have heard this^ also. In lieu of the rumors I have heard, I have always imagined lakes as a middle-aged man that has a pimple face and his world of warcraft is anygivenwebsite that involves the Bison or anybody that even whispers the word "bison"

darell1976
December 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I told you that if we called for him, he will come.

If he acts like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog, why wouldn't he respond to a call like a dog?

All it takes is a UND thread to lure him in like a bass.

X-Factor
December 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM

You can use more bait on one of these http://learntocatchcatfish.catfishing247net.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Kahle-Hook.jpg and still be able to set the hook effectively. :D

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
You can use more bait on one of these http://learntocatchcatfish.catfishing247net.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Kahle-Hook.jpg and still be able to set the hook effectively. :D

It would need the barbs on the backside as well as the front.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Really? You heard that?

Email threats are the same thing as online especially if you try and make up a fake email to deliver your message. That is absolutely no different than this. Once the real world meets him he's a lot more compliant than he is online is what I believe the message was here.

He's passionate, crazy as a **** house rat, and all that other stuff but I've had email and pm exchanges with him and whether people want to believe it or not he can be/has been a real decent guy...even in those type of communications.

bisonguy
December 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM
So 10 yards is double the cost? xeyebrowx

Both the Fargodome and the Alerus are replacing the machines that roll the turf up and expanding the storage pits for the turf roll. Both are replacing the same (terrible) Magic Carpet surface with a modern infill surface.

Why double?

Magic Carpet is a the conversion system, not the field surface.

I highly doubt the cost of the turf is that much greater for the Alerus Center, so obviously the cost must be due to the structural requirements for the conversion system. The current turf and roller system at the Fargodome weighs 70 tons and the pit is 13 feet by 12 feet by 202 feet, so it's not like this is a minor project. Maybe they have additional costs due to moving existing infrastructure to enlarge the pits. Maybe the existing pits must be completely rebuilt whereas the Fargodome pits only have to be enlarged in one direction. Obviously there is some reason why.

Jazzman1522
December 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed to open this thread and read about another boring, green field. C'mon UND. If you're gonna fork over that much money, at least make it count. Get a pink one or something. Think of the recruiting pitches!

frozennorth
December 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
should've gotten a white field. If other school's can have fake grass fields, UND should be able to have a fake snow field.

slostang
December 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
no one cares i bet

Obviously you do since you decided not only to click on this thread, but you also felt the need to post in it.

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 12:26 AM
should've gotten a white field. If other school's can have fake grass fields, UND should be able to have a fake snow field.

That would be interesting.

swaghook
December 31st, 2011, 09:22 AM

Wouldn't you want to go with school colors?

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/i-vjMDK9t/0/O/i-vjMDK9t.jpg
(Credit BisonGuy)

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM

(Credit BisonGuy)

Too bad pink isn't used for athletics only academics.

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Too bad pink isn't used for athletics only academics.

I thought it was for boobie awareness!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/UND_Pants_copy.jpg

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 11:38 AM

(Credit BisonGuy)

Credit BisonGuy??...that original design is mine. Credit the right people or don't post the stuff.

Thundar
December 31st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Credit BisonGuy??...that original design is mine. Credit the right people or don't post the stuff.

wow touchy this morning??? its not like he is applying for a patent on a hypothetical color of und's turf

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 12:03 PM
I thought it was for boobie awareness!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/UND_Pants_copy.jpg

Breast cancer awareness is a good cause. It was nice to see UND doing something to support it.

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 02:13 PM
wow touchy this morning??? its not like he is applying for a patent on a hypothetical color of und's turf

As a professional graphic designer, of course I'm touchy good sir. Would you like seeing your stuff floating around and not being credited for it? And it's original design is not "hypothetical", as it has been sent to UND for approval.

JSUBison
December 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM

The turf is going to cost a bit extra than NDSU's because UND thought it wise to install radiant floor heating under the turf. I guess it's for those athletes who for some reason like to go barefoot in the middle of winter.

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM
As a professional graphic designer, of course I'm touchy good sir. Would you like seeing your stuff floating around and not being credited for it? And it's original design is not "hypothetical", as it has been sent to UND for approval.

Wow...I guess picking a font for North Dakota in the end zones and slapping the ND logo at midfield makes you a professional designer. Where can I get that for a job?

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Haha you are an idiot. You think that's all I did? I made the field layout dummy.

And as far as my profession goes, until you get a degree in graphic design and make a living from it, you can't have that job.

Where do you think your avatar came from? OH YEAH, me.

Jazzman1522
December 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM

(Credit BisonGuy)

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1895332_f260.jpg

That looks like a pink nightmare.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Haha you are an idiot. You think that's all I did? I made the field layout dummy.

And as far as my profession goes, until you get a degree in graphic design and make a living from it, you can't have that job.

Where do you think your avatar came from? OH YEAH, me.

With the amount of time you put into the field I can't believe you even can get onto this messageboard. You must be swamped. xawesomex

Did you make my avatar too?

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Its okay Willie. Its just NDSU fans think their school can be the only one with a dome, new turf, and a graphic design of the new turf.

Thundar
December 31st, 2011, 04:11 PM

Umm, the one with the pink in it is not going to get approval and if you actually sent that to UND as a proposal well then I dont know what to say cause you are not going to be awarded the design. So yes it is "hypothetical"

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Umm, the one with the pink in it is not going to get approval and if you actually sent that to UND as a proposal well then I dont know what to say cause you are not going to be awarded the design. So yes it is "hypothetical"

Willie is a junior high student, don't worry about it. ;)

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Willie is a junior high student, don't worry about it. ;)

Must be your classmate.xlolx

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
JFC...I said the ORIGINAL design learn to read!

I must be one smart sonuva*****in jr high student with a degree too.

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM

You don't need a degree to milk cows.xlolx

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 04:33 PM
Must be your classmate.xlolx

He is, I missed recess cause he mouthed off to the teacher, made me guilty by association.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM

Haha, until you post a picture holding your degree, you are basically just an internet blowhard. Realizing that is difficult....

I am the director of the NSA. Look you can say anything on the internet.

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 04:36 PM
Haha, until you post a picture holding your degree, you are basically just an internet blowhard. Realizing that is difficult....

I am the director of the NSA. Look you can say anything on the internet.

National *****head Association.xlolx

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 04:38 PM
You are the junior director darell.

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
You are the junior director darell.

Just a junior? Keep your damn club..I quit.xlolx

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Just a junior? Keep your damn club..I quit.xlolx

You cant quit. Just when you think you are out, they pull you back in.

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Check my website genius.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM
Check my website genius.

Check mine, its google.com.

I'm rich *****!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Check mine, its google.com.

I'm rich *****!

You liar! I invented Google.

swaghook
December 31st, 2011, 05:44 PM

I gave the credit to the guy who posted in on BV if that is wrong my bad. I still give him credit for posting it or I would not have seen it.

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 05:53 PM
I may have blown up a little and I apologize. I just take a lot of pride in my work.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 31st, 2011, 07:04 PM
I may have blown up a little and I apologize. I just take a lot of pride in my work.

You kind of did at Swag there cuz he was just trying to show that it wasn't his work and defer credit to the dude that he thought had it coming...it was however you that deserved it. Had Swag known that I am sure he would have given it to you.

To the rest of ya that want to sling **** feel free to do so but if it matters Willie is a professional. I have paid him myself for work he's done.

He's had multitudes of FCS fans request his work in the Nike Pro Combat stuff he's done. He's done an assload of FREE work for FCS fans in the past couple years. If just attacking and belittling a ddue that could charge is your way then by all means go for it.

Myself, I'd just rather say "Thank You" to the dude for the stuff he's done for many of us.

Here's a small sampling of some the Pro Combat's he's done.

http://www.mtwillie.com/designs/concepts/

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
You kind of did at Swag there cuz he was just trying to show that it wasn't his work and defer credit to the dude that he thought had it coming...it was however you that deserved it. Had Swag known that I am sure he would have given it to you.

To the rest of ya that want to sling **** feel free to do so but if it matters Willie is a professional. I have paid him myself for work he's done.

He's had multitudes of FCS fans request his work in the Nike Pro Combat stuff he's done. He's done an assload of FREE work for FCS fans in the past couple years. If just attacking and belittling a ddue that could charge is your way then by all means go for it.

Myself, I'd just rather say "Thank You" to the dude for the stuff he's done for many of us.

xsmileyclapx Good post....and thanks Willie you do great work!!xthumbsupx

Twentysix
January 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM

If only ursus was credible. xawesomex

ursus arctos horribilis
January 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM
If only ursus was credible. xawesomex

True, it's always been a problem.

LakesBison
January 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
If willie wanted to showcase their turf, he shoulda just took a big turd on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM

You don't waste your time putting a lot of thought into anything LB. That's one reason to want you to keep up the good work. It's not funny because of the content, it's funny because of the absolute lack of it. Good work.

LakesBison
January 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM
I aim to please, lets hope you please aim.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 1st, 2012, 10:29 PM
xlolx
I aim to please, lets hope you please aim.

See what I mean...that's fantastic!xlolx

I believe that goes something like this, "I aim to please, lets hope you aim too, please."

Hell I may have mussed it up a bit myself because I haven't seen one of those signs above a urinal in at least a decade now.

BisonFan02
January 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
xlolx

See what I mean...that's fantastic!xlolx

I believe that goes something like this, "I aim to please, lets hope you aim too, please."

Hell I may have mussed it up a bit myself because I haven't seen one of those signs above a urinal in at least a decade now.

Haha, my folks have a sign in the can that says "my aim is to keep this bathroom clean, your aim would help"....classic

darell1976
January 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM

I thought you would enjoy looking at the new turf Lakes, you attend every game because even when the actual attendance is posted you come up with "Lakes' butt in the seat" attendance numbers.

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Title week, no one cares, go play with your momma

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Title week, no one cares, go play with your momma

http://www.monkeyland.co.za/userfiles/article/news/news12/monkeys_fling_poo.jpg

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 04:39 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/alerus.jpg

Gone is the Fighting Sioux and the Great West Logos and enter the words North Dakota and the Big Sky logos.

clenz
April 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Looks great....minus the giant freaking corporate logos which make it complete trash

darell1976
April 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Looks great....minus the giant freaking corporate logos which make it complete trash

I guess since its their stadium (actually the city of Grand Forks owns it not UND) they can put the logos in large print....in case you didn't see the giant logos on the outside of the building and sign. But missing is a 50 yard line logo...some think they are waiting for the nickname thing to be over to add one. I don't see it happening.

bisonwest
April 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I guess since its their stadium (actually the city of Grand Forks owns it not UND) they can put the logos in large print....in case you didn't see the giant logos on the outside of the building and sign. But missing is a 50 yard line logo...some think they are waiting for the nickname thing to be over to add one. I don't see it happening.

Why don't they just put a big ND logo at midfield. That's the logo that has been associated with the football program anyway.

Is that the same surface the Fargodome is installing?

NoDak 4 Ever
April 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I wonder if those Big Sky logos are held down by velcro.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I wonder if those Big Sky logos are held down by velcro.

Na....duct tape!!

xlolx

darell1976
April 20th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Why don't they just put a big ND logo at midfield. That's the logo that has been associated with the football program anyway.

Is that the same surface the Fargodome is installing?

Someone on SS emailed Brian Faison about the turf and its up to the Alerus Center not UND to put a logo or not put at logo on the 50 yard line, and I think it is the same surface as the one being installed at the Fargodome.

darell1976
August 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
These pics are from the Alerus Center Facebook Page: (no more Sioux in the end zones)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/turf2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/turf3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/alerusturf.jpg

goyotes
August 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Continuing the 2012 trend in FCS stadiums in the Dakota's, new astroturf also being installed in the DakotaDome. Finished product will look like this

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTui01fejnHwy6siy5zKz7ul0tDjX48A FowWWbuvcw1Rog7jFoedh-uIbU_

WataugaDave
August 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Last summer, Kidd Brewer Stadium had this going on.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205108335

I prefer the old "APPALACHIAN" and "MOUNTAINEERS" in the end zones to the small "Appalachian State." I don't know whether or not I'm the only one who feels that way. I do like the block A being in the center of the field.

UNDColorado
August 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM
As a UND Fan I am very happy that they are installing a great surface for the players. However, I am very disapointed with the lack of creativity that has gone into the design. The huge Alerus logos are a joke. Since UND paid for half of the total cost I still don't understand why we can have the interlocking ND logo in the center.

Also, if my memory serves me correctly UND announced that they would be getting new field turf well over a year ago; well before NDSU announced it. They were just able to install if first. I have to hand it to some Bison fans creativity as I was getting a kick out of some of the trash talk, but UND copying NDSU is simply not the truth here.

darell1976
August 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/darell1976/turflogo.jpg

New Big Sky logo!!

bojeta
August 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Obviously you do since you decided not only to click on this thread, but you also felt the need to post in it.

And every Big Sky team that plays UND cares, and therefore their fans.

No_Skill
August 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM
As a UND Fan I am very happy that they are installing a great surface for the players. However, I am very disapointed with the lack of creativity that has gone into the design. The huge Alerus logos are a joke. Since UND paid for half of the total cost I still don't understand why we can have the interlocking ND logo in the center.

Also, if my memory serves me correctly UND announced that they would be getting new field turf well over a year ago; well before NDSU announced it. They were just able to install if first. I have to hand it to some Bison fans creativity as I was getting a kick out of some of the trash talk, but UND copying NDSU is simply not the truth here.

UND announcement: March 2011

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15465-new-turf-at-the-alerus/

NDSU announcement: November 2010

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?21956-Dome-Upgrades&highlight=turf

MplsBison
August 26th, 2012, 09:46 PM
New Big Sky logo!!

Looks great!

I wonder if the same crew that installed the Fargodome turf then went up to Grand Forks and did the Alerus job?

MplsBison
August 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Continuing the 2012 trend in FCS stadiums in the Dakota's, new astroturf also being installed in the DakotaDome. Finished product will look like this

Do you know what kind of turf it will be? Does the Dakotadome have the Magic Carpet I system now?

I can only hope it will be the grass style turf and either a permanent install or the same system that the Fargodome/Alerus are installing or the system that UNI has.

This means that of the 5 I-AA programs in the north central US, only SDSU continues to buck the trend of not having a dome and not having grass style turf. Hopefully they'll at least get turf. I don't see a dome in their future any time...ever.

Twentysix
August 26th, 2012, 11:15 PM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?21956-Dome-Upgrades&highlight=turf

Lmao that guy just keeps shoving his foot in his mouth.

UNDColorado
August 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM

I stand corrected. Regardless, huge additions for both programs, Playing on traditional astro turf just hurts the body. I wonder if both teams will see a reduction in lower body injuries this year?

BisonBacker
August 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM

No the correct terminology would be "A Sucker"

darell1976
August 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/372330/group/homepage/

“It feels pretty good,” Brenneman said. “I noticed right away that the knees were feeling good when I walked out here. It was nice to run and cut on. I feel really quick on it. All the guys are pretty happy. It’s going to make our practice tempo a lot faster.”
The new turf also will make the skill players happy.
The previous surface usually left players with carpet burns after they were tackled on it.
UND wide receivers coach Luke Schleusner, who played at the Alerus in 2001, estimated that he got a turf burn every other week from the old surface.

The new surface GameDay Grass 3D. It features five layers to provide extra support.
The base is tufted construction. The second layer is multi-ply backing. The third layer is infill. The fourth layer is double nylon Root Zone, which reduces the compaction associated with other infill products. And the final layer is monofilament polyethylene, which mimics grass blades.