PDA

View Full Version : 2011 FCS Season Review

FanofFCS
December 28th, 2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/archive/haley_12_28_2011.htm

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/archive/haley_12_28_2011.htm

Farewell, Great West: The Great West had a memorable final season, with four of the five teams finishing with winning records, three spending time in the Top 25, last-place UC Davis surprising co-champion Cal Poly and North Dakota rallying from 20 points down in the conference's last game to beat South Dakota, 38-37, and share their first title with the Mustangs.

The best FCS season we have had so far. Goodbye Great West...Hello Big Sky!!!!!

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 01:43 PM
You get to go from T-1st to T-11th. It will be glorious. :p

I wonder if UND will keep playing run first football or if they will turn into a typical bigsky program.

IMO UND's best bet is to play games that are won in the trenches.

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
You get to go from a no AQ conference that is now dead to a AQ conference. It will be glorious. :p

I wonder if UND will keep playing run first football or if they will turn into a typical bigsky program.

FIFYxthumbsupx

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM

NDSU went from 10-1 and a second place finish in the GWFC in 07 to a 6-5 and a 4th place tie with WIU in 08...was it glorious?xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
FIFYxthumbsupx

Unless you suddenly change your name to something with a "Montana" in it, that AQ will be about as real as it was in the Great Rest.

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
It took NDSU 4 years (including a 3-8 record) to finally win at least a share of the MVFC title after posting back to back 10-1 seasons in the Great West. So I know you love to smack UND for moving up after what our track record was in the Great West...look at your own schools track record first.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It took NDSU 4 years (including a 3-8 record) to finally win at least a share of the MVFC title after posting back to back 10-1 seasons in the Great West. So I know you love to smack UND for moving up after what our track record was in the Great West...look at your own schools track record first.

Forget that I don't think UND's program is better than NDSU's, the BSC is quite impenetrable, even by teams who have been there for years. Only 13 out of 47 years has a still FCS/Non Montana team taken even a share of the BSC title.

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Forget that I don't think UND's program is better than NDSU's, the BSC is quite impenetrable, even by teams who have been there for years. Only 13 out of 47 years has a still FCS/Non Montana team taken even a share of the BSC title.

Because UNI hasn't held the ranks of the top MVFC titles. 16 out of 27 years of MVFC football has been won or shared by UNI. Just because Montana or MSU is in the BSC doesn't mean they can't be overtaken...look at 2010.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
NDSU went from 10-1 and a second place finish in the GWFC in 07 to a 6-5 and a 4th place tie with WIU in 08...was it glorious?xlolx

five years from now you will be wishing you were in a 4th place tie. ;)

darell1976
December 28th, 2011, 03:13 PM

And wouldn't you ***** if South Dakota won the MVFC..outright.xlolx

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
And wouldn't you ***** if South Dakota won the MVFC..outright.xlolx

I would indeed.

MTfan4life
December 30th, 2011, 06:51 AM

What exactly is a typical big sky program in your eyes? Watching Big Sky football for 4 straight years, I saw a host of different styles of offenses. The Big Sky is usually won by teams with the best run game.

MTfan4life
December 30th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Because UNI hasn't held the ranks of the top MVFC titles. 16 out of 27 years of MVFC football has been won or shared by UNI. Just because Montana or MSU is in the BSC doesn't mean they can't be overtaken...look at 2010.

MSU actually tied for the conference crown in 2010 and held the tiebreaker over EWU for the auto bid so that's not really a good example year of the state being necessarily overtaken.

BisonHype!
December 30th, 2011, 08:43 AM

THIS.... made me laugh.