PDA

View Full Version : How have SHSU and NDSU coaches handled the 3 week period?

GSU Eagle
December 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Just curious-- at no point in the FCS season is there a 3 week gap between games. How have the coaches of the 2 programs handled this much of a break?

Seven Would Be Nice
December 27th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I hate the 3 week gap. The championship game should be played the following week, 1 week bye at the absolute latest.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Apparently Fritz let his kids have Christmas dinner with their families & Bohl didn't. Therefore, they have cancelled the game & the trophy is being mailed to North Dakota. This is what NDSU fan will have you believe.

TexasTerror
December 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
This explains it...

While the Kats coaching staff has utilized this past week to study video on the Bison, come up with a game plan and also take care of media responsibilities, the players were given extra time off to recuperate physically and mentally and will hit the ground running later this week.

"We decided it was best for the team to get a little well-deserved time with their families," said Sam Houston head coach Willie Fritz on his staff's preparation for the NCAA Division I national championship game.

"On Saturday after the (semifinal game in which North Dakota State ousted Georgia Southern 35-7), we went over our wrapup for Montana and we cut (the players) loose. We're all coming back on the 28th and we're going to start going through things then. They'll be starting preparation right then and there.

"I think you can prep for somebody too long and you certainly don't want to prep not enough. Sometimes you have paralysis by overanalysis. ... I think that will be good for us, coming back on the 28th and going on from there."

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205351738&DB_OEM_ID=19900

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Apparently Fritz let his kids have Christmas dinner with their families & Bohl didn't. Therefore, they have cancelled the game & the trophy is being mailed to North Dakota. This is what NDSU fan will have you believe.

Oh please, they stayed in town last week and got to go home for the weekend, that's all.

deez_na
December 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM

Coach Bohl > Fritz

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Coach Bohl > Fritz

See

deez_na
December 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
See

lol, I was joking around towards your post.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 02:21 PM
lol, I was joking around towards your post.

xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
SHSU has had the last the 8 days off and is going to pick practice back up tomorrow I believe. NDSU gave the players the 23rd-25th off and had light workouts last week and players checked back in yesterday with game preparation beginning today I think. An interesting contrast, we'll see whether one team comes out flatter than the other on game day and then let the second guessing begin.

Don't forget that NDSU's defense is impenetrable and that the Sam Houston defense is swiss cheese in the 2nd half xthumbsupx

Bison56
December 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM

You finally are starting to figure it out.xsmileyclapx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 02:43 PM
You finally are starting to figure it out.xsmileyclapx

I tell ya, that would be pretty sweet. It would save me a long trip and, well, having to be in Texas.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
..., well, having to be in Texas.

Think' I'm detecting some serious Texas envy there.

Vitojr130
December 27th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Well NDSU, under coach Bohl, is 10-1 coming off of a bye week. This lines up well for NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 03:29 PM

I hear it smells like cow **** and republicans. Come to think of it, that seems pretty similar.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I hear it smells like cow **** and republicans. Come to think of it, that seems pretty similar.

Anywhere, TX > C-bus

deez_na
December 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Anywhere, TX > C-bus

Well you know what they say, only steers and qu**rs come from Texas :)

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Also, politics is not my thing though I'm a high earning, gun carrying Texan. North Dakota is pretty red and so is Ohio, so you must be already miserable...

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Well you know what they say, only steers and qu**rs come from Texas :)

Do you seriously want to get into a state smack deal with the flagship state for our great nation?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Also, politics is not my thing though I'm a high earning, gun carrying Texan. North Dakota is pretty red and so is Ohio, so you must be already miserable...

Well if Rick Perry has taught us anything, you can be dumb as mud and still be successful. Looks like you are proving the rule!

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Makes sense now - NoDak is a lib. Funny how if it looks & smells like a turd..............it is.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Makes sense now - NoDak is a lib. Funny how if it looks & smells like a turd..............it is.

I'm not political but the NoDak posts the more I picture a miserable cynic living in his mother's basement. Since this is the internets and all....

deez_na
December 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Do you seriously want to get into a state smack deal with the flagship state for our great nation?

Somebody needs to learn how to take a joke

Cleets
December 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM

You do realize that Alphagriz is a conservative right..?
And what smells worse than that giant pile of horse poop (Answer) Nothing

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Off topic but.........watching a little football in the office & I'm noticing that this Purdue-W Michigan "Who Cares about Pizza Bowl" is pretty brutal to watch. Long live FCS playoffs!

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Somebody needs to learn how to take a joke

I'll let you slide since you recognize Texas as the premier state in our country.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Off topic but.........watching a little football in the office & I'm noticing that this Purdue-W Michigan "Who Cares about Pizza Bowl" is pretty brutal to watch. Long live FCS playoffs!

I have a friend that coaches at Purdue and they're terrible. They have no team speed.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM

Hey, I won't judge you by your weakest link if you agree to do the same. xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 04:26 PM

No worries Cleets, like I said before, this guy has been a fun little chew toy for me for the last couple weeks. It gets me over you banning The_Fan :)

So far he has insulted my home (a rental) and the town I'm only going to live in for a few years. Try finding something that sticks, chump.

Through it all, he has never directly refuted anything I have said about the upcoming game, proving his inferior intellect. It's pretty amusing.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM
No worries Cleets, like I said before, this guy has been a fun little chew toy for me for the last couple weeks. It gets me over you banning The_Fan :)

So far he has insulted my home (a rental) and the town I'm only going to live in for a few years. Try finding something that sticks, chump.

Through it all, he has never directly refuted anything I have said about the upcoming game, proving his inferior intellect. It's pretty amusing.

You must be referring to xcoach

Grizalltheway
December 27th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Has anyone ever dropped more names on here than this Tex-***? You'd think a high-earner with so many friends in high places could find better ways to spend his time...xcoffeex

Cleets
December 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Has anyone ever dropped more names on here than this Tex-***? You'd think a high-earner with so many friends in high places could find better ways to spend his time...xcoffeex

Alpha has a jet...
so top that

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Alpha has a jet...
so top that

But not a camera

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Like a chew toy? I would never refer to another dude as a chew toy. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay but that is not something a straight person should ever say. Inferior intellect? Sigh. You're correct if by superior intellect if you mean that I haven't wasted my professional life in a classroom. Aren't you 40+ years of age? Time to make a career for yourself and start paying back the student loans son.

deez_na
December 27th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'll let you slide since you recognize Texas as the premier state in our country.

LOL, oh you are gonna let me slide are you?

TheBisonator
December 27th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Do you seriously want to get into a state smack deal with the flagsh it state for our great nation?

Just needed to change one letter.

deez_na
December 28th, 2011, 08:22 AM

haha, well done

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I have a friend that coaches at Purdue and they're terrible. They have no team speed.

Just because you have read their name in a newspaper or online does not mean they are your friend.

Also, Rick Perry is indeed a joke and I am not a liberal. All the Republican candidates suck this go around, but he is the biggest sucker.

swaghook
December 28th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Just because you have read their name in a newspaper or online does not mean they are your friend.

Also, Rick Perry is indeed a joke and I am not a liberal. All the Republican candidates suck this go around, but he is the biggest sucker.

They aren't the best but they still beat who we currently have in office. Even though that is not saying much.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
They aren't the best but they still beat who we currently have in office. Even though that is not saying much.

While I disagree of course, and am partly to blame for this digression, let's not derail another thread. I know this layoff has been horrible but this place is getting silly.

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 09:48 AM
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-l.png

bisonwest
January 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM

UMmmmm..... YEAHHHHHHH.......?????

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
No envy, ndsu lives for big games!!!

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
No envy, ndsu lives for big games!!!

Hopefully, all those HUGE D2 games got you ready

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hopefully, all those CHAMPIONSHIP games got you ready

FIFY

A Championship is a Championship. Win one and you'll understand. I suppose you could also count our HC's bowl experience, how many has yours been to?

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
FIFY

A Championship is a Championship. Win one and you'll understand. I suppose you could also count our HC's bowl experience, how many has yours been to?

Wait a minute - is this the same guy who tried to minimize Fritz previous National Championships as a HEAD COACH?? Why - because Bohl has never won one as the main man? So now, all of a sudden, when it benefits your argument, "championships are championships?" Which one is it?

Yep, all those 6-6 teams who played in Bowls this year need to prep ALL their coaches for the BIG TIME, huh? Please. 90% of bowl games are exhibition games. Congrats - you've proven that you're a FRAUD. Stop the SPEWING.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Wait a minute - is this the same guy who tried to minimize Fritz previous National Championships as a HEAD COACH?? Why - because Bohl has never won one as the main man? So now, all of a sudden, when it benefits your argument, "championships are championships?" Which one is it?

Yep, all those 6-6 teams who played in Bowls this year need to prep ALL their coaches for the BIG TIME, huh? Please. 90% of bowl games are exhibition games. Congrats - you've proven that you're a FRAUD. Stop the SPEWING.

I suggest you read this really slowly. In my opinion JC is just more high school. I have always thought that way. The NCJAA is NOT the NCAA. Most of NDSU's championship games came against schools that are now in division I, FBS and FCS. That's just one thing.

Second of all, the BCS bowls are not the Meinecke Car Care bowl or the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl. The Fiesta and Rose bowl are much much different.

Go back and read this all again, or have someone else do it for you.

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
So more Div 1 Scholarship Athletes come from D2 or JuCo? Ok, gotcha - that's just YOUR OPINION. I get it now. More spew. Really glad Bohl got to ride the coattails of Osborne. From what I hear, that's not ALL he rode while at Nebraska.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
So more Div 1 Scholarship Athletes come from D2 or JuCo? Ok, gotcha - that's just YOUR OPINION. I get it now. More spew. Really glad Bohl got to ride the coattails of Osborne. From what I hear, that's not ALL he rode while at Nebraska.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I used to work with the girl he's married to now, I always had a huge thing for her. I don't know how he does it but he appears to "pull the tail" quite successfully.

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I used to work with the girl he's married to now, I always had a huge thing for her. I don't know how he does it but he appears to "pull the tail" quite successfully.

Wow - what a claim to fame as a Head Coach. Stay classy North Dakota.

xcoach2
January 3rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1759449]FIFY

A Championship is a Championship. Win one and you'll understand. QUOTE]

Busted

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Wow - what a claim to fame as a Head Coach. Stay classy North Dakota.

Please, it appears every bar and restaurant you go to in Texas has to have every waitress with their tits hanging out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1759449]FIFY

A Championship is a Championship. Win one and you'll understand. QUOTE]

Busted

Glad to see you crawl out of your hole Trolly, I should clarify a College Championship. Junior College is as much college as junior high is high school.

I'm qualified to teach at a junior college, that's how not important it is. :)

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Please, it appears every bar and restaurant you go to in Texas has to have every waitress with their tits hanging out.

When our Head Coach is caught with his pants down at one, please let us know.

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hope Fritz is game planning against the correct team. ;)

"North Dakota has had a sensational year; so have we." Willie Fritz

Southland.org (http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205352383)

deez_na
January 3rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hope Fritz is game planning against the correct team. ;)

"North Dakota has had a sensational year; so have we." Willie Fritz

Southland.org (http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205352383)

haha, I hope he is planning against "North Dakota", if he is he's in for a rude awakening lol

Bearkat-Backer
January 3rd, 2012, 09:33 AM

Is that a bad thing?

steelbison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Is that a bad thing?

Not in my book!!! Can't wait for some Texas hospitality!!!!!!!!

Please quit the BS rumors about coach Bohl....That **** is old...........No Dak your comments were Classless!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Not in my book!!! Can't wait for some Texas hospitality!!!!!!!!

Please quit the BS rumors about coach Bohl....That **** is old...........No Dak your comments were Classless!!!!!

Calling me classless with that avatar. You're a real charmer, aren't you?

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Enough of this Bison on Bison violence!!

steelbison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Calling me classless with that avatar. You're a real charmer, aren't you?

Figured you wouldn't like it...doesn't surprise me.

Seriously though....you don't think your comment about coach Bohl was classless??? Please explain...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Figured you wouldn't like it...doesn't surprise me.

Seriously though....you don't think your comment about coach Bohl was classless??? Please explain...

Who honestly cares? It's a stupid rumor.

steelbison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Who honestly cares? It's a stupid rumor.

NO ****!!! exactly my point....

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
NO ****!!! exactly my point....

http://elbatower.com/GeoCache/francis.jpg

xcoach2
January 3rd, 2012, 03:16 PM

<------- not surprised that you're not enjoying the tits...