PDA

View Full Version : NDSU BROCK JENSEN GETS LOVE FROM AARON RODGERS

LakesBison
December 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
pretty bad *** , even if you hate the packers like I do!!

Guessin brock hit lambeau last night.

Hope this inspires brock to match the 5 tds from last on Jan 7!

Twitter.
Brock Jensen @BrockJensen1 22h Just got some love from Aaron Rodgers on Christmas

HandoEX
December 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I hate that so many of our players are Packers fans, but that is still pretty cool.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Serious question: If not the Packers, who are they "supposed" to like, the Vikings? Aren't NDSU colors the same as the Packers?

swaghook
December 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Serious question: If not the Packers, who are they "supposed" to like, the Vikings? Aren't NDSU colors the same as the Packers?

Bunch of Viking fans in Eastern North Dakota but we have Packers and Broncos fans as well. Me I was a long time Rams fan and started following the Jaguars when they came in to the NFL. Never could get into following the Vikes.

ST_Lawson
December 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Fargo -> Minneapolis = 235 miles
Fargo -> Green Bay, WI = 511 miles

You'll get a lot more Vikings fans than Packers fans in that area.

Just like I'm pretty sure that more Leatherneck (Purple and Gold) fans are also Bears (Navy and Orange) fans instead of Vikings (Purple and Gold) fans, because we're about halfway between Chicago and St. Louis (technically closer to St. Louis...but really...the Rams?).

Also, even though I personally think that the Bears-Packers rivalry is the biggest one (they've been playing each other since the '20s), the Vikings-Packers rivalry is also a very passionate one in the Wisconsin/Minnesota region (Fargo is right on the border with Minnesota).

bisonnation
December 26th, 2011, 05:19 PM
pretty bad *** , even if you hate the packers like I do!!

Guessin brock hit lambeau last night.

Hope this inspires brock to match the 5 tds from last on Jan 7!

Twitter.
Brock Jensen @BrockJensen1 22h Just got some love from Aaron Rodgers on Christmas

That is cool! Can't say nobody pays attention to the FCS

LakesBison
December 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM
This is VIKINGS territory, we HATE WISCONSIN!

Go Bison
December 26th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Lakes, there are a lot more Packers fans that you would like to know. A lot of people in ND were Packer fans before the Vikings were a bad idea! UNI = Vikings colors. NDSU = Packers colors, plus a tradition of winning!!!! Go Bison, Go Packers!

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2011, 08:48 PM
0:34 second mark. This about sums up my feelings for the Packers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y2gPm9RuYo

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Fargo -> Minneapolis = 235 miles
Fargo -> Green Bay, WI = 511 miles

You'll get a lot more Vikings fans than Packers fans in that area.

Just like I'm pretty sure that more Leatherneck (Purple and Gold) fans are also Bears (Navy and Orange) fans instead of Vikings (Purple and Gold) fans, because we're about halfway between Chicago and St. Louis (technically closer to St. Louis...but really...the Rams?).

Also, even though I personally think that the Bears-Packers rivalry is the biggest one (they've been playing each other since the '20s), the Vikings-Packers rivalry is also a very passionate one in the Wisconsin/Minnesota region (Fargo is right on the border with Minnesota).

You would think, but there are a lot of us Packer fans from Eastern ND. :)

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2011, 09:00 PM

ND is up for grabs, Vikings fans dominate East of the Red River though.

darell1976
December 26th, 2011, 10:30 PM
After this season I don't there won't be many Vikings fans left.xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Move over, Tebow, Jensening is latest, greatest thing!

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/15646283436425308014.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/15646283436425308014.jpg
No, that's called getting "Fette'd"... that word is just as offensive as the other F bomb around these parts. I'm surprised the AGS content filter didn't **** it.

DJKyR0
December 26th, 2011, 10:58 PM

We'll have to make a new name for whatever pose he strikes when he hoists that championship trophy.

Grizalltheway
December 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/7/76868b2f-ace4-4ff6-883b-4cdcf6682f8c.jpg

xlolx

DJKyR0
December 27th, 2011, 02:03 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/7/76868b2f-ace4-4ff6-883b-4cdcf6682f8c.jpg

xlolx

Don't forget to add a *honk honk* at the end.

Seriously though, I laughed at your OP. Then I cried a little.

bisonwest
December 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
ND is up for grabs, Vikings fans dominate East of the Red River though.

There are a lot of packer fans in ND but to say the state is up for grabs is noT at all correct. North Dakota is solidly pro Vikings.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
There are a lot of packer fans in ND but to say the state is up for grabs is noT at all correct. North Dakota is solidly pro Vikings.

Maybe the new generation is, but prior to the MOSS era, when I grew up there it was pretty even, with a lot of other teams mixed in.

.......and I'm sorry to hear the Vikings are more popular now.

frozennorth
December 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM

really? i don't see this at all in, umm, whats it called.... oh right reality. maybe among the 40+ set, or people from carrington.

LakesBison
December 28th, 2011, 10:48 AM
its 80-90% viking fans up here, just 10% loudmouth bandwagon packer fans i'd say.

brock will win it all!

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
its 80-90% viking fans up here, just 10% loudmouth bandwagon packer fans i'd say.

brock will win it all!

I still have my ticket stub from 1983 that I purchased while living in Fargo and drove to Green Bay for the game, been a long ride on the bandwagon.
Doubt it's 80-90%, when I attend sports memorabilia shows in Fargo, I don't see an overwhelming Vikings fanbase, well at least since 1984 when I started doing these shows.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Born and raised in Fargo, never even thought about anything other than being a Vikings fan.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Western Nodak where im from is mostly packers/broncos. With some vikings and a little bears and a little cowboys. I really dont care about the NFL except when NDSU players are playing in the game.

Like 25% packer 25% broncos 20% vikings 10% bears 10% cowboys 10% the rest of the NFL. Atleast thats how it was from about 1990 to about 2008, I would guess its still pretty similar.

ST_Lawson
December 29th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Just a few interesting links regarding NFL team fans "coverage".
http://www.commoncensus.org/sports_hotspot.php?radioDiameter=200&map.x=307&map.y=41&sport=1
http://i.imgur.com/8t2lY.jpg from this reddit post (http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/f9ps4/20102011_nfl_fan_map_revamped/)

Both appear to put Fargo firmly in the Viking's territory (not sure how they gathered the data, but it's kinda interesting to look at).

Gil Dobie
December 29th, 2011, 05:52 AM
In St Paul, MN, of the sports fans in my group of 24, 6 are Packers fans, 6 are Vikings fans and the other 12 don't really care about sports.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Western Nodak where im from is mostly packers/broncos. With some vikings and a little bears and a little cowboys. I really dont care about the NFL except when NDSU players are playing in the game.

Like 25% packer 25% broncos 20% vikings 10% bears 10% cowboys 10% the rest of the NFL. Atleast thats how it was from about 1990 to about 2008, I would guess its still pretty similar.

Where in ND?

I grew up in SW ND and it was firmly pro-Viking, alittle Bronco and alittle Packers. I would say 85-90% Vikings.

Hammerhead
December 29th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Our road trip last fall was heading back home to see the Bison/Gophers and Vikings/Lions game on the same weekend. Even the Dickinson K-mart was dominated by Vikings gear with assorted shirts and hats for the teams you'll find anywhere like the Steelers, Cowboys & Packers. For our Texan friends, Dickinson is the first city you encounter when driving east out of Montana.

I seem to recall Brock or another cheesehead noting that it was cool the NDSU's colors are the same as the Packers.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Our road trip last fall was heading back home to see the Bison/Gophers and Vikings/Lions game on the same weekend. Even the Dickinson K-mart was dominated by Vikings gear with assorted shirts and hats for the teams you'll find anywhere like the Steelers, Cowboys & Packers. For our Texan friends, Dickinson is the first city you encounter when driving east out of Montana.

I seem to recall Brock or another cheesehead noting that it was cool the NDSU's colors are the same as the Packers.

I think a LOT of us did the same road trip. Almost everyone I talked to at tailgating said they were sticking around for the Vikings game on Sunday.

The Packer thing is sporadic but not nearly as prevalent as some might think. Even some western Wisconsin folks are Vikings fans.

I lived just outside of Green Bay for 2 years, that was just plain awful.

Gil Dobie
December 29th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I lived just outside of Green Bay for 2 years, that was just plain awful.

If you are a real Vikings fan, It's got to be terrible. As a Packer and NDSU fan, there are 2 teams jersey's I would never wear, UND and Minnesota Vikings.

Love that Green and Gold/Yellow combo :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 07:53 AM
If you are a real Vikings fan, It's got to be terrible. As a Packer and NDSU fan, there are 2 teams jersey's I would never wear, UND and Minnesota Vikings.

Love that Green and Gold/Yellow combo :)

You have not met a true rube until you have been to NE Wisconsin.

Gil Dobie
December 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
You have not met a true rube until you have been to NE Wisconsin.

Been to many Packers games at Lambeau, the fans get a bad rap because of the drinking thing. Most of the drunks I see at Packers games are the friendly fall down the stairs types. Every Vikings or Twins game I go to, some young fan dumps a beer on the people in front of them. It's a mean crowd at the Metrodome, many people that I know with kids, won't take them to a Vikings game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Been to many Packers games at Lambeau, the fans get a bad rap because of the drinking thing. Most of the drunks I see at Packers games are the friendly fall down the stairs types. Every Vikings or Twins game I go to, some young fan dumps a beer on the people in front of them. It's a mean crowd at the Metrodome, many people that I know with kids, won't take them to a Vikings game.

But that's how they all are, all the time. Not just at the games, that's what I mean.

Mn_Moose
December 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Brock Jensen is from Waupaca Wi about an hour from Lambeau Field. Most likely he grew up a Packers fan.

WestRiverBison
December 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Where in ND?

I grew up in SW ND and it was firmly pro-Viking, alittle Bronco and alittle Packers. I would say 85-90% Vikings.

I also grew up in SW ND and our area was 1/3 each GB, Denver and MN.

Twentysix
December 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I also grew up in SW ND and our area was 1/3 each GB, Denver and MN.

You realize that means no one in your area liked any other teams than those 3. Otherwise 1/3 each isnt possible.

As I noted packers and broncos lead the vikings by a little 25/25/20. Cowboys and bears were the most prevelant teams outside of the bigger 3.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM
You realize that means no one in your area liked any other teams than those 3. Otherwise 1/3 each isnt possible.

As I noted packers and broncos lead the vikings by a little 25/25/20. Cowboys and bears were the most prevelant teams outside of the bigger 3.

You must be a lot younger than me cus there were almost no Packers fans where I grew up....Hettinger, which is south of Dickinson an hour....4 miles from the SD border. Maybe it was different in other areas....

LakesBison
December 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
MN MOOSE way to go out on a limb, wow.

i like when the packer fans pee in the sinks.

Gothmog
December 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Lakes, there are a lot more Packers fans that you would like to know. A lot of people in ND were Packer fans before the Vikings were a bad idea! UNI = Vikings colors. NDSU = Packers colors, plus a tradition of winning!!!! Go Bison, Go Packers!

Oh, I'd say Eastern ND is maybe 60% Viking fans, 20% Packer fans. The rest a mix of Bears, Broncos, etc.

The Vikings have been around for 51 years now. The idea that there are still a lot of people in ND who were Packer fans before the Vikings existed is pretty silly.

bisonwest
December 30th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Maybe the new generation is, but prior to the MOSS era, when I grew up there it was pretty even, with a lot of other teams mixed in.

.......and I'm sorry to hear the Vikings are more popular now.

Did you grow up in the 1950's?? Even prior to the Moss era the F-M area as well as the rest of ND is without a doubt Vikings country. There are a lot of Packer fans but it's been overwhelmingly purple since at least the mid 80's and probably before that even in the Purple People eater days. And yes that means a lot of disappointed people over the years.

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Did you all hear about the Packer fan that got a concussion during a pie eating contest?

The cow kicked him in the head.

Twentysix
December 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM
You must be a lot younger than me cus there were almost no Packers fans where I grew up....Hettinger, which is south of Dickinson an hour....4 miles from the SD border. Maybe it was different in other areas....

Probably, I grew up when the bronco's packers and cowboys owned the superbowl in the 90's.

Gil Dobie
December 30th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Did you grow up in the 1950's?? Even prior to the Moss era the F-M area as well as the rest of ND is without a doubt Vikings country. There are a lot of Packer fans but it's been overwhelmingly purple since at least the mid 80's and probably before that even in the Purple People eater days. And yes that means a lot of disappointed people over the years.

Not the 1950's, went to NDSU in the 1980's. Been coming to FM since 1984 for sports memorabilia shows since, 4-5 times a year, and I don't see an overwhelming Purple representation unless they are winning, then there are a lot of bandwagon fans. Twins are another story, much stronger fanbase.

Gil Dobie
December 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Did you all hear about the Packer fan that got a concussion during a pie eating contest?

The cow kicked him in the head.

You know why North Dakota doesn't have a pro football team.

Because Minnesota would want one too. ;)

BisonHype!
December 30th, 2011, 08:45 AM
You know why North Dakota doesn't have a pro football team.

Because Minnesota would want one too. ;)

Ouch... right now as Vikings Fans we don't have much ammo. We need to reload some talent, and we will back in the hunt again, but it will be tough with Rodgers playing at the level he is at now.

Gil Dobie
December 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Ouch... right now as Vikings Fans we don't have much ammo. We need to reload some talent, and we will back in the hunt again, but it will be tough with Rodgers playing at the level he is at now.

A new stadium in Arden Hills would add greatly to the Vikings fanbase. It would be a great tailgate and family event, instead of the downtown bar crowd going to games.

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
I just found this, pretty sweet!

Southern Bison
December 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM

When I was at NDSU in the late '90s and working at Domino's while the Vikings were consistently reaching the playoffs and the NFC Championship, the rule was you were working unless you could show the actual ticket for the playoff game in the Metrodome...some of the busiest days of the year. I assure you, eastern ND is Vikings country.