PDA

View Full Version : great article on new WCU coach Mark Speir

catamount man
December 25th, 2011, 01:38 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/996577-how-mark-speir-needs-to-re-make-western-carolina-football

GO CATS!!!

AppStsGr8
December 26th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I'm glad for both WCU and Coach Spier. Mark is a good motivator and has been very active in the Boone community. I'm sure he'll continue that involvement in Cullowhee. While he's largely lived on the defensive side of life, I believe he has the ability to see the whole game clearly. I believe WCU has snagged a good one.

Welcome back, Cats. xthumbsupx

Mr. C
December 26th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm glad for both WCU and Coach Spier. Mark is a good motivator and has been very active in the Boone community. I'm sure he'll continue that involvement in Cullowhee. While he's largely lived on the defensive side of life, I believe he has the ability to see the whole game clearly. I believe WCU has snagged a good one.

Welcome back, Cats. xthumbsupx

Spier has coached both offense and defense over the years and was an offensive coach at ASU before switching to defense following the 2004 season.

feb18blacksunday
January 1st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Good Luck to Mark. We enjoyed your time here in Boone.

sgt smash
January 1st, 2012, 11:26 PM
All of you App State guys on here are just classy. Really classy. Good to see. You could have been a complete 180 but you all were happy for the guy. Thats cool.

Mr. C
January 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
All of you App State guys on here are just classy. Really classy. Good to see. You could have been a complete 180 but you all were happy for the guy. Thats cool.

Mark is just a real good guy and is well liked by a lot of folks around college football.

asumike83
January 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Hard to not pull for a guy like Mark Speir after all he did on and off the field in his time at ASU. He has got a project on his hands but I think it will work out nicely.

SpeedkingATL
January 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Coach Speir did a great job at App and opportunity knocks. He will have a huge challenge on his hands but he is equiped as well as anyone to succeed at WCU. I believe all of App Nation wishes him the best except for one Saturday a year when a certain "jug" is one the line. The Whee needs to have a little patience as the turnaround won't happen overnight, especially as competitive as the SoCon is at present.