PDA

View Full Version : Richard Sincere vs. Marcus Williams

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Who wins?
http://itemonline.com/archive/x891766869/g258000000000000000c364b87215fb0b538e3fc3899a4f86b 4f3711ff9.jpg

vs.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/media/full/jpg/2011/10/31/1101-marcus-williams.jpg

TheBisonator
December 23rd, 2011, 09:35 AM
I just hope that Sincere is thinking that he's gonna light up Marcus. It makes it that all the much more sweeter when Marcus picks him off a couple times.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
I just hope that Sincere is thinking that he's gonna light up Marcus. It makes it that all the much more sweeter when Marcus picks him off a couple times.

lol - Sincere might have attempted a couple of passes all season. This Williams cat isn't better than Montana's CB who had a handful of NFL scouts to se him in Huntsville last week.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
lol - Sincere might have attempted a couple of passes all season. This Williams cat isn't better than Montana's CB who had a handful of NFL scouts to se him in Huntsville last week.

He probably would have scouts too if he was a senior. Bad news for FCS is he is only a sophomore.

7 picks
3 pick 6's

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
He probably would have scouts too if he was a senior. Bad news for FCS is he is only a sophomore.

7 picks
3 pick 6's

Williams is eligible for the upcoming draft in April. He's a 3rd year soph. The cat from Montana is on a different level size/speed-wise than Williams. Daxton Swanson for Sam has 8 picks this year.

katstrapper
December 23rd, 2011, 09:48 AM

Yep, Sincere dont throw much if at all. Your question should include Brian Bell who is the true QB. He has only thrown 5 ints all year.

Brian Bell 131 of 212, 1954 yds, 20 tds 5 ints 61.8% Completion % 165.6 Pass efficiency

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Williams is eligible for the upcoming draft in April. He's a 3rd year soph. The cat from Montana is on a different level size/speed-wise than Williams. Daxton Swanson for Sam has 8 picks this year.

Housing 3 picks is very notable.

Yep, Sincere dont throw much if at all. Your question should include Brian Bell who is the true QB. He has only thrown 5 ints all year.

Brian Bell 131 of 212, 1954 yds, 20 tds 5 ints 61.8% Completion % 165.6 Pass efficiency

that passing efficiency thing gives way too much weight to TD passes.

Brock Jensen 209 of 306 2404 yds 13 tds 3 ints 68.3% completion His int % is .98

Hammerhead
December 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Marcus Williams -- Sports Network/Fathead.com All-America 1st Team
Trumaine Johnson -- Sports Network/Fathead.com All-America 2nd Team

...This Williams cat isn't better than Montana's CB who had a handful of NFL scouts to se him in Huntsville last week.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Marcus Williams -- Sports Network/Fathead.com All-America 1st Team
Trumaine Johnson -- Sports Network/Fathead.com All-America 2nd Team

Sigh - both made 1st AP. The NFL clearly likes Johnson better.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM

One more time. It is because he is a SENIOR and Williams is a SOPHOMORE

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
One more time. It is because he is a SENIOR and Williams is a SOPHOMORE

One more time, Williams is draft eligible. He's a 3rd year soph. If he was as coveted by the NFL as Johnson he'd have scouts following him as well. Johnson is a legit 6'2. Williams is 5'10.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
One more time, Williams is draft eligible. He's a 3rd year soph. If he was as coveted by the NFL as Johnson he'd have scouts following him as well. Johnson is a legit 6'2. Williams is 5'10.

How many FCS players go into the draft BEFORE their eligibility is up? You are a Decemberist so I'm just curious how much you actually know.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM

Link or STFU ;)

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM

If Williams was a senior, he would be more coveted than Johnson.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:19 AM

The attention appears to be as a result of a full career, not this year as Williams is clearly outperforming him. He has almost half as many picks this season as Johnson has for his whole career.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Link or STFU ;)

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/AP-FCS-All-America-Team-2405308.php

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM

Williams is draft eligible now. Johnson is much more coveted by the NFL because of his size/frame.

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Williams is draft eligible now. Johnson is much more coveted by the NFL because of his size/frame.

Williams is a Soph now.

If he was a senior, he would be more coveted by the NFL.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM

Whew, for a "coach" you aren't terribly bright. In FCS, players rarely are even considered for the draft before their eligibility is up. Regardless of his draft eligibility, he will not be considered for at least 1 to two years.

If you take the last 2 years stats together, you can see that Marcus Williams, while only a sophomore, has clearly outperformed Trumaine Johnson.

Johnson - 5 T 2 Solo 6 INT 2 TD

Williams - 3 T 3 Solo 11 INT 3 TD

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Williams is a Soph now.

If he was a senior, he would be more coveted by the NFL.

No he would not. Williams is 5'9 - 5'10. The Johnson kid is a legit 6'2. Two completely diffrent animals. I don't think you understand how the NFL works. Williams is draft eligible. If he was a big time NFL prospect (which he is not) then he'd have scouts all over him. They don't care about classification. They care whether a kid is draft eligible or not.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Whew, for a "coach" you aren't terribly bright. In FCS, players rarely are even considered for the draft before their eligibility is up. Regardless of his draft eligibility, he will not be considered for at least 1 to two years.

If you take the last 2 years stats together, you can see that Marcus Williams, while only a sophomore, has clearly outperformed Trumaine Johnson.

Johnson - 5 T 2 Solo 6 INT 2 TD

Williams - 3 T 3 Solo 11 INT 3 TD

I'm not terribly bright? hmmmm. Well I know that the NFL values a good many of things over a stat sheet. Williams is an undersized CB in the NFL. Johnson is a big CB in the NFL and maybe even a safety. Keep wasting your time though. You have no argument here.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
I'm not terribly bright? hmmmm. Well I know that the NFL values a good many of things over a stat sheet. Williams is an undersized CB in the NFL. Johnson is a big CB in the NFL and maybe even a safety. Keep wasting your time though. You have no argument here.

The average height for an NFL cornerback is within 1/2" of 5' 11". Williams isn't undersized for anything. If he continues to perform over the next 2 years (and not decline like Trumaine Johnson) he will have plenty of consideration for the NFL.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
also, I can't believe I was labeled "aren't terribly bright" by a dude who lives in a medieval fort. If you're going to attempt at running smack then at least clean up your life bro.

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
No he would not. Williams is 5'9 - 5'10. The Johnson kid is a legit 6'2. Two completely diffrent animals. I don't think you understand how the NFL works. Williams is draft eligible. If he was a big time NFL prospect (which he is not) then he'd have scouts all over him. They don't care about classification. They care whether a kid is draft eligible or not.

I figured you didn't get it.

First of all, there are plenty of good CB in the NFL and previously in the NFL who were not 6'. That means piss in the NFL and you know it.

Second of all -- what we're trying to tell you, if you had half a brain to hear it, is that in two more seasons when Williams is a senior, he will have developed and increased his skill and speed much farther than they are today. He will no doubt be a more highly desired CB than this other guy.

Sorry that you don't have a clue about how things work.

xcoach2
December 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
The average height for an NFL cornerback is within 1/2" of 5' 11". Williams isn't undersized for anything. If he continues to perform over the next 2 years (and not decline like Trumaine Johnson) he will have plenty of consideration for the NFL.

Think the reason for Johnson's "decline" might have something to do with him being targeted less because of his body of work? You can't glance over a stat sheet and determine whether or not a CB has declined.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/article/AP-FCS-All-America-Team-2405308.php

Looking for the "NFL" love for Johnson over Williams.

xcoach2
I figured you didn't get it.

First of all, there are plenty of good CB in the NFL and previously in the NFL who were not 6'. That means piss in the NFL and all the coaches know it.

Second of all -- what we're trying to tell you, if you had half a brain to hear it, is that in two more seasons when Williams is a senior, he will have developed and increased his skill and speed much farther than they are today. He will no doubt be a more highly desired CB than this other guy.

Sorry that you don't have a clue about how things work.

I don't have a clue about how things work? My friend who is the Dir of Scouting for a NFC South team was at the SHSU/Montana game to see Johnson. I emailed him on Tuesday to inquire about NFL prospects at NDSU. He described Williams as a "JAG" on the NFL level.

NoDak 4 Ever
also, I can't believe I was labeled "aren't terribly bright" by a dude who lives in a medieval fort. If you're going to attempt at running smack then at least clean up your life bro.

yeah, it's a rental. My wife is finishing her PhD at Ohio State so she makes a student stipend, not much. In this market, I couldn't see buying a house for 3 years and getting stuck with it when we move. Enough room for us, my son, and my two cats. I have an MBA and work a very cushy IT job that allows me ample time to play on the internets but you're right. My life is a complete mess.

KATS_21
December 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Back to original post question, Sincere vs Williams does not really matter. Sincere only has maybe 5 passes all season.

LakesBison
December 23rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
MWILL WILL.DESTROY THIS.KID

THIS JUST IN: xcoach is neck and.neck with darrell.as.dumbest person on earth

fitty
December 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Ah, i'm surprised none of the Bison fans picked this up....Williams is a TRUE soph. , not a third yr. soph. Don't think he's draft eligible.

Thunderstruck
December 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
I dont think this is a game of individual matchups. Sincere lines up as a WR, RB, and QB at times. MWill will not move to linebacker for this. This is going to be a game of matchups like SHSU O line vs NDSU D line, SHSU skill players vs NDSU LB & Secondary. Sincere is going to line up in several different spots and MWill will do his job.

Thunderstruck
December 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Ah, i'm surprised none of the Bison fans picked this up....Williams is a TRUE soph. , not a third yr. soph. Don't think he's draft eligible.

He redshirted in 2009 according to the Bison website. Graduated in 2009 from H.S.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204965585&Q_SEASON=2011

fitty
December 23rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Oops, my bad! I was thinking Heagle, Turner, AND Williams all played as true freshmen last year.

Sambow
December 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I dont think this is a game of individual matchups. Sincere lines up as a WR, RB, and QB at times. MWill will not move to linebacker for this. This is going to be a game of matchups like SHSU O line vs NDSU D line, SHSU skill players vs NDSU LB & Secondary. Sincere is going to line up in several different spots and MWill will do his job.

Exactly

Grizalltheway
December 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
MWILL WILL.DESTROY THIS.KID

THIS JUST IN: xcoach is neck and.neck with darrell.as.dumbest person on earth

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ypLbfElo068/THzVonrcvSI/AAAAAAAAAIo/djvnXHtNe9U/s1600/stop-posting.jpg

LakesBison
December 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Grizalltheway WHY CUZ IM RIGHT?? & YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH??

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't have a clue about how things work? My friend who is the Dir of Scouting for a NFC South team was at the SHSU/Montana game to see Johnson. I emailed him on Tuesday to inquire about NFL prospects at NDSU. He described Williams as a "JAG" on the NFL level.

Then your make believe friend is moron who should be fired and you're an even bigger moron for listening to him.

Done and done.

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Nice. I got a 5 star thread going.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9Ds2jkiEs

frozennorth
December 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM

you must be shsu's darell1976

oh **** lakes already made this post, maybe i really am lakes.

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Note: i did not film this

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwPXhk0y5c

Grizalltheway
December 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Grizalltheway WHY CUZ IM RIGHT?? & YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH??

No, because you're annoying and dumb as ****, and probably smell bad, too.

bisonguy
December 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Nice. I got a 5 star thread going.

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9Ds2jkiEs

Rebuttal to Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNWjyjSKKg

sgt smash
December 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM

I have a friend who went to a Minnesota Vikings game this year. He said Chris Cook sucked and he is tall...

cbarrier90
December 23rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
How many FCS players go into the draft BEFORE their eligibility is up? You are a Decemberist so I'm just curious how much you actually know.

Taiwan Jones

344Johnson
December 24th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Taiwan Jones

Which ended up being a great idea based on EWU this year

Grizzlies82
December 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Which ended up being a great idea based on EWU this year

Turned out to be a pretty good deal for Taiwan Jones.

Grizzlies82
December 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Rebuttal to Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNWjyjSKKg

So your rebuttal is;

The Gopher QB tosses a hope & a prayer into the midst of four Bison defenders.
One Bison picks off this duck.
This Bison then fumbles it.
Your "miracle" man grabs this fumble and has a wide open field to score.

Overall weak rebuttal using the Gopher's gift. I hope your not an attorney by trade.

Twentysix
December 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
So your rebuttal is;

Overall weak rebuttal using the Gopher's gift. I hope your not an attorney by trade.

Nice try but it was blatantly a pitch. You should watch more football so you can identify when an offensive player is stripped and when they purposefully throw a ball backwards with both hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFvcVZOCV0&feature=related

Start it at 1:50 trolololllolllolllol

bisonguy
December 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM
So your rebuttal is;

It's a rebuttal against what should have been a pick six by two Bobcat defenders with three missed tackles. Doesn't take much.

Grizzlies82
December 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM
It's a rebuttal against what should have been a pick six by two Bobcat defenders with three missed tackles. Doesn't take much.

It is a valid observation that the Bobcats failed to pick it off, then failed to make simple tackles.
Actually both highlight films show fluke TDs thanks to the other team's mistakes.
So I guess it may be a reasonable rebuttal in that sense.