PDA

View Full Version : Div I Title Game - Last Game at 'Pizza Hut Park'

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2011, 07:14 AM
National title game to be played at a "different" stadium next year...

FRISCO, Texas — The Pizza Hut name will be dropped from a North Texas stadium that is home to FC Dallas.

Pizza Hut Inc. on Wednesday announced its agreement with Pizza Hut Park in Frisco ends Dec. 31, as the company seeks to sponsor a more national sports facility.

A spokeswoman says the soccer club, the main tenant of the complex that also hosts football, will seek a new sponsor.

The site will be called FC Dallas Stadium following the NCAA Division I championship game on Jan. 7, with North Dakota State facing Sam Houston State.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/2a46da44b8ff445abeb724f3f5895238/SOC--Pizza-Hut-Park/

UNH Fanboi
December 22nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
They should change it's name to "The Mecca".

DFW HOYA
December 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
How about In-N-Out Stadium? (A new store is open 5 mins south of PPP).

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/in-n-out-burger-opens-in-frisc.html

Cocky
December 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Now thats a good burger

eaglewraith
December 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Now thats a good burger

Blasphemy.

Five Guys is much better.

Vitojr130
December 22nd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Blasphemy.

Five Guys is much better.

Five guys is very, very good.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
We have it here, (Five Guys)... Not impressed. Smash Burger and JL Beers is much better up here. Especially JL Beers!

http://jlbeers.com/

Jazzman1522
December 22nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Five guys is great. But it has some devastating after effects. Just ask my friend's boxers.

Go...gate
December 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Five guys is very, very good.

Good french fries.

pike51
December 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Actually... if the name contract ends on Dec. 31 then technically it won't be Pizza Hut Park on Jan 7th. So only EWU won in Pizza Hut Park.

That said... I think Taco Bell should make a run at the name. We could call the playoffs the "Run for the Border". :)

bluehenbillk
December 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Are you guys serious?

I've had both Five Guys and In N Out. Both are good but In N Out is better.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
I honestly didn't even think 5 guys was that great. We have a few different places that are better.

eaglewraith
December 22nd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Are you guys serious?

I've had both Five Guys and In N Out. Both are good but In N Out is better.

I've had both. Five Guys hands down.

And I WANTED to like In-N-Out better cause it's something I wanted to try for so long. I was highly, highly unimpressed compared to Five Guys though.

Vitojr130
December 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
I honestly didn't even think 5 guys was that great. We have a few different places that are better.

If you are going to say Smashburger, then please shoot me. I ordered from them one time and I swear to God my hamburger patty was still moving it was so rare.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
JL Beers is better by far. I don't think Smashburger is great, but it is good. JL Beers is the best though. Burger Time up here is better than 5 guys!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
JL Beers is better by far. I don't think Smashburger is great, but it is good. JL Beers is the best though. Burger Time up here is better than 5 guys!

the first Burger Time on Main Ave was near my house and opened when I was in high school. Nothing special but you could get a whole meal for $2 or something.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Whats 5 Guys?

Sound like a hot SHSU Friday night.......................xcoffeex

I couldnt help but giggle at this one sorry.xlolx

I like JLBeers myself. Five Guys is alright IMO seems a bit overrated.

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Actually... if the name contract ends on Dec. 31 then technically it won't be Pizza Hut Park on Jan 7th. So only EWU won in Pizza Hut Park.

Read the article please...

Clearly states... The agreement between Pizza Hut Inc. and the North Texas stadium ends Dec. 31, but the name change to FC Dallas Stadium - after the MLS team that is the complex's main tenant - will occur following the FCS championship game.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
I couldnt help but giggle at this one sorry.xlolx

I like JLBeers myself. Five Guys is alright IMO seems a bit overrated.

That is a good way to put it. Everyone built up Five Guys when it opened here, but JL Beers blew it out of the water, plus they have like 40 tap beers.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
That is a good way to put it. Everyone built up Five Guys when it opened here, but JL Beers blew it out of the water, plus they have like 40 tap beers.

MMMMMMM.....BEERxbowx

eaglewraith
December 22nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
I just looked up JL beers, there's only like 4 locations, so at the moment that's considered a local thing.

Five Guys is a franchise that's spreading so as the chain restaurant in this discussion it wins again :)

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Good french fries.

yes, 5 guys much better

GoAgs72
December 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
In-N-Out Burger is all over California and they are good. They used to have "In-N-Out Burger" bumper stickers but too many people cut off the "B" and "R".