PDA

View Full Version : CSJ: What if the FCS were bowls instead of playoffs?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/145-what-if-the-fcs-were-bowls-instead-of-playoffs

Always an interesting excercise to go through. What if it were bowls instead of playoffs? Would even a fraction of the drama have been created? (I don't think I'm giving anything away if I tell you the answer: NO! xlolx )

Cleets
December 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM
It's cool that Brown gets two bowl games...
(Probably want to schedule those on different days)

Lehigh Football Nation
December 21st, 2011, 05:45 PM
It's cool that Brown gets two bowl games...
(Probably want to schedule those on different days)

LOL! The positive news is that now DF will be happy... the 6-5 Flyers get a bowl invite! xlolx

If there are any others, I'm in trouble, as there's no more eligible teams! Time to reach into the 5-6 list....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
This sounds like the perfect companion piece to this CSJ article:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20111221-fcs-title-game-in-frisco-announces-sellout-is-playoff-format-working.ece

Anyone a subscriber? :)

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Alot of Bison Fans would be unhappy! And we wouldn't have that mammoth NDSU vs. GSU thread!

RichH2
December 22nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Lots of fun. Thanks

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Congrats to the Rose Bowl Champion Griz!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Did this article get approved???

Two Southland Conference teams in the FCS version of the BCS? Not sure that certain people allow such a weak conference to get two teams in... ;)

Fiesta Bowl: North Dakota State (10-1) vs. Old Dominion (9-2)
Rose Bowl: Montana (9-2) vs. Northern Iowa (9-2)
Orange Bowl: Lehigh (10-1) vs. Central Arkansas (8-3)
Sugar Bowl: Towson (9-2) vs. Montana State (9-2)
Crystal Trophy Game: Sam Houston State (11-0) vs. Georgia Southern (9-2)

The reasoning behind Sam in the crystal trophy game is as follows: they would be the equivalent of an ACC team. If an ACC team is a top team, they would be in the crystal trophy game and the runner-up would be the next ACC representative (playing the Big East (Patriot) representative.)

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
I would watch more FBS games if they had a playoff system, and it would make games more meaningful. Nobody cares who gets the Idaho Potato Bowl Trophy.... or potato... coupons for french fries....or whatever they get.