PDA

View Full Version : TSN on Why Both Teams Could Win Title

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Two part series...

NDSU...

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - If there is a flaw in Sam Houston State - and one has to look closely - the FCS' top-ranked team has shown wear and tear defensively during the national playoffs.

It's become more obvious while North Dakota State continues to lock down opposing offenses.

The two FCS finalists may rank 1-2 in the nation in scoring defense - North Dakota State at 13.2 points per game and Sam Houston State at 14.8 - but the gap is growing, with the Bison allowing an average of seven points in three playoff wins compared to the Bearkats' 22.7-point average.

It's that decisive advantage on defense that will lead North Dakota State to its first FCS title on Jan. 7.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fnews%2Fnews.aspx%3Fid%3D4458041

SHSU...

Philadelphia, PA (Sport Network) - Earlier this week, Montana coach Robin Pflugrad joked that he didn't think there was anyone in Missoula - on the football team or otherwise - quick enough to prepare for Sam Houston State.

Unfortunately for Montana, he was right.

That problem isn't contained to just Montana. No one in the country has been able to stop the undefeated Bearkats.

It's that team speed, on offense and defense, that will lead top-ranked Sam Houston State (14-0) to its first national championship on Jan. 7 in Frisco.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4458042

WMTribe90
December 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
I think under the new OT rules its impossible for both teams to win the title :) I do agree that either team could win the title.

GSU Eagle
December 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
NDSU should win. I saw all I needed to see of their defense last Saturday. I believe for SHSU to win they will have to score a minimum of 28 points, and against the NDSU defense I saw last Saturday I don't think that will happen.