PDA

View Full Version : SHSU o and d lines

mgbison
December 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
How big is SHSU's o and d lines?

The reason NDSU has rolled in the playoffs is because our o and d lines have dominated the smaller lines we've faced so far.

If SHSU is undersized on the lines, it could be a long day for the kats.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
NDSU isn't even averaging 400 yards of offense per game in the playoffs. Ya'll aren't dominating anyone offensively.

Montana and Montana St were huge on the offensive and defensive line.

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Not sure about the D, but I think the O line averages 6'4" 290+. they aren't huge.

ChristopherBearkat
December 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I'd like to know who is bigger - Montana or NDSU? Montana was by far the biggest team we've faced all year.

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I'd like to know who is bigger

Me

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
NDSU isn't even averaging 400 yards of offense per game in the playoffs. Ya'll aren't dominating anyone offensively.

Montana and Montana St were huge on the offensive and defensive line.
Yup, over 750 yards rushing in the three playoff games at 6.9 yards per clip is pretty pedestrian xrolleyesx

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Yup, over 750 yards rushing in the three playoff games at 6.9 yards per clip is pretty pedestrian xrolleyesx

yeah SHSU's 811 yards rushing in the last two games would indicate we suck too...

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM

It's about 80 ypg less than Sam in the playoffs which means nothing at this point.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
yeah SHSU's 811 yards rushing in the last two games would indicate we suck too...
I never said that it did. Any sane person who saw those games knows you ran all over the state of Montana. I was merely trying to prove a point that you can't look at totals yards gained in the box score to gauge the potency of NDSU's offense.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I never said that it did. Any sane person who saw those games knows you ran all over the state of Montana. I was merely trying to prove a point that you can't look at totals yards gained in the box score to gauge the potency of NDSU's offense.

Whether your offense is potent or not is going to have a lot to do with your QB play. Sam is not particularly big on the defensive line but they're really deep and play a lot of guys. THe Bearkats pack the box on defense and plays a lot of tight man and some zone blitz in passing situations.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 08:14 PM
6'2" 280 is the avg size of our d-line to answer the original question.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Whether your offense is potent or not is going to have a lot to do with your QB play. Sam is not particularly big on the defensive line but they're really deep and play a lot of guys. THe Bearkats pack the box on defense and plays a lot of tight man and some zone blitz in passing situations.
I was very impressed with Sam's D line watching the Montana game. They got off the ball so quickly on numerous plays they were almost in the backfield before the Montana O-lineman were out of their stance. NDSU's poorer offensive performances this year have been a direct result of getting outplayed on the line. That will be the crucial matchup when the NDSU O and Sam D are on the field. Jensen is a very good QB but he's benefitted quite a bit from some stellar line play in front of him this year.

ChristopherBearkat
December 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'd still like to know which line is bigger - NDSU's line or Montana's. I think Montana's were bigger, but I could be mistaken.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'd still like to know which line is bigger - NDSU's line or Montana's. I think Montana's were bigger, but I could be mistaken.
Montana's was bigger but not by much. NDSU's starting O line goes like this:

LT: 6'6" 292
LG: 6'3" 314
C: 6'2" 302
RG: 6'2" 299
RT: 6'6" 309
Average 6'4" 303

If I recall correctly Montana averaged 6'6" 310 across their line.

mgbison
December 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM
In our 3 playoff games, we've dominated the trenches. Its where games are won our games.

Our QB is underrated. He's completing 70% of his passes and we probably throw the ball about 20 to 25 times per game. He's had turf toe since about week 6 and its limited his mobility (though he looked pretty good running against GSU).

We have 2 solid receivers #81 Holloway and #4 Smith. Smith has had a hamstring issue the past 3 weeks and played sparingly against GSU. He sat out the JMU and Lehigh game. Smith is our Wes Welker type receiver, and Holloway is the deep threat.

The 3 week break is what our offense needed to let the guys recover.

We prefer to run the ball, but we will pass to set up the run if needed.