PDA

View Full Version : Just another reason why FCS is nothing more than DII+

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Way to go, we sold out a 20k stadium for our championship game. Confetti probably fell from the ceiling in the NCAA ticket office when they sold all their tickets.

Whoopdy freakin doo.

At least in the low bowl games, fans from both schools can all buy tickets!!!

Worst thing of this situation is that probably 8k-10k of the "sold" tickets right now are in the hands of ticket resellers, who are just looking for fraudulent mark-ups, or disgruntled fans of other teams that stupidly bought their tickets too early and are now just sitting on them out of anger.

I wish ill upon both types and their families.

danefan
December 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Way to go, we sold out a 20k stadium for our championship game. Confetti probably fell from the ceiling in the NCAA ticket office when they sold all their tickets.

Whoopdy freakin doo.

Worst thing of this situation is that probably 8k-10k of the "sold" tickets right now are in the hands of ticket resellers, who are just looking for fraudulent mark-ups, or disgruntled fans of other teams that stupidly bought their tickets too early and are now just sitting on them out of anger.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e4Ie447t8rs/Tr1N349i1ZI/AAAAAAAAAfc/IMGQFQcQWWY/s320/crying-baby-257x300.jpg

Tickets are readily available.

Either reach down for the $$$$$ or quit complaining.

No one has any room to complain about price. If you were really worried you should have bought tickets in October when they went on sale.

putter
December 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Whoopdy freakin doo.

That is because the bowel games force the schools to buy so many tickets and a lot of them play in stadiums that seat 50,000 and 35,000 actually show up

eaglewraith
December 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM

This happens with bowl games too. Typically though, no one wants to go to most of the games so to get people in the stands they'll sell them for lower than face value.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Whoopdy freakin doo.

Yes I see what you mean. Having a "hot ticket" that is tough to get is a very bad thing. I can't be absolutely sure but I've got a strong feeling you are of the retarded variety.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
There's plenty of room on the Golden Goofers bandwagon, MplsDouche. Don't let the door hit ya.

WH49er
December 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Yes I see what you mean. Having a "hot ticket" that is tough to get is a very bad thing. I can't be absolutely sure but I've got a strong feeling you are of the retarded variety.

xlolx +1.

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM

+2!

GannonFan
December 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
If there are so many tickets in the hands of resellers, then where are they selling them? Not really a lot of tickets available on Stubhub. Seems like a lot of whining over just the simple fact that people want to go to the game and they have purchased all the tickets. Bummer.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I'm taking it that if you're a season ticket holder at either school that your able to get tickets.

Membership has its privileges.

gotts
December 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm taking it that if you're a season ticket holder at either school that your able to get tickets.

Membership has its privileges.

Not quite. I think NDSU has over 9,000 season ticket holders, close to 10,000 even.

Based on the NDSU allotment of 4,000 tickets...

9,000 > 4,000

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Not quite. I think NDSU has over 9,000 season ticket holders, close to 10,000 even.

9,000 > 4,000

In an effort to keep my team relevant (xbawlingx), that definitely wouldn't work for us, as we now have north of 19,000 season ticket holders.

Htownbearkat
December 20th, 2011, 04:09 PM
On Jan. 7 walk around the stadium holding up 2 fingers you will be able to buy at face value or below.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 04:12 PM

9,000 > 4,000

Well keep in mind all of your STH's aren't going to go. From what another NDSU poster said they have a point syatem based on donations & lenght of time as a season ticket holder to see who gets NC tickets right?

gotts
December 20th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Well keep in mind all of your STH's aren't going to go. From what another NDSU poster said they have a point syatem based on donations & lenght of time as a season ticket holder to see who gets NC tickets right?

Yes.

They also allowed a 25 ticket per order limit .

I-16Bandit
December 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Your team is playing in the National Championship game, and you want to complain?

Cry me a river and kiss my ***.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Your team is playing in the National Championship game, and you want to complain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q84oP5JilU&feature=related

superman7515
December 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Kind of reminds me of an episode of Drew Carey...

I am sick of hearing about poor Drew. 'Oh, my house is too big. Oh, I have too many wives! Oh, I just clogged up my toilet 'cause I crapped a solid gold brick!'

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM

Championship of what?

Oh wow, nice 20k stadium that they sold out. I'm glad we'll be able to compete with the Frisco ISD for top football attendance in PHP. Luckily for those who can't buy a ticket they will have the game on ESPN3 for you.

I-16Bandit
December 20th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Championship of what?

Oh wow, nice 20k stadium that they sold out. I'm glad we'll be able to compete with the Frisco ISD for top football attendance in PHP. Luckily for those who can't buy a ticket they will have the game on ESPN3 for you.

Do you want some extra trololo sauce with this post?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Championship of what?

I really have to stop you here before you go all Lakes-y on us.

The average attendance for the Championship game over the last 10 years is 16,773. The venue/city bids on the even way before they find out that Sam Houston and NDSU will be in it. It was only 2 years ago that they drew less than 15k. This venue has been big enough for any of the games in the last 10 years except for the App state years and it was in Chatty so that wasn't a travel issue.

This game has RARELY sold out. You need to direct your energy into some yoga classes or something. If you want to go badly enough, you will find a ticket. There are people right now taking advantage of the speculation and getting some crazy prices for tickets. It is a long 2.5 weeks and some tickets will come available for not too much money.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
In an effort to keep my team relevant (xbawlingx), that definitely wouldn't work for us, as we now have north of 19,000 season ticket holders.

Yet our 10K Season ticket holders are trying to get to Frisco while your 19K are lining up the next sheep stuck in the fence...Go Monta-a-a-a-a-na!

I couldn't resist!!

Grizzlies82
December 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Yes it is a weighted system.
Larger people get two tickets, smaller folks get one.

Grizzlies82
December 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Yet our 10K Season ticket holders are trying to get to Frisco while your 19K are lining up the next sheep stuck in the fence...Go Monta-a-a-a-a-na!

I couldn't resist!!

See my comment above.
Enjoy your two seats.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxsmileyclapx

ChristopherBearkat
December 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure how many season ticket holders we have. We had some daarrrkkkk times when he-who-must-not-be-hired was head coach*

So, for those who stuck with it I think deserve to be first in line for NC tickets.

Of course, we don't have the number of season ticket holders that the Bison do.

*For those that do hire he-who-must-not-be-hired, they face getting blown out 66-0 by the Bearkats

DJKyR0
December 20th, 2011, 06:44 PM
On the bright side of this whole situation, this is a chance to show the NCAA that there is actual interest in the FCS. Sell out this game and the next one and they might hold the chipper at a sizable venue when the next bidding opportunity comes around.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure how many season ticket holders we have. We had some daarrrkkkk times when he-who-must-not-be-hired was head coach*

So, for those who stuck with it I think deserve to be first in line for NC tickets.

Of course, we don't have the number of season ticket holders that the Bison do.

*For those that do hire he-who-must-not-be-hired, they face getting blown out 66-0 by the Bearkats

according to an article in the Huntsville paper, you have 650 season ticket holders.

ChristopherBearkat
December 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I figured it would be around that - I bet that number jumps up way high next season though.

asumike83
December 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Championship of what?

Isn't 20K about the same size as the NDSU stadium? It seems logical to have the game in a venue that is about the same size as many FCS facilities. It would look pretty silly in a half-empty venue with 50K-70K seats, plus the demand is just not there to make the lease worthwhile on a much larger site.

swaghook
December 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Championship of what?

If you don't like it no one would mind if you just dropped off the board. You had plenty of time to buy your ticket to the game. I often wonder if you even attend any of the games. We had our chance to buy the family 4 pack for dirt cheap but procrastinated and ended up spending an extra $90 for 4. No whining here about the extra cost that was our choice to wait till Saturday to buy them. It was not a secret that the tickets were for sale long before this last weekend.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2011, 09:54 PM
If you don't like it no one would mind if you just dropped off the board. You had plenty of time to buy your ticket to the game. I often wonder if you even attend any of the games. We had our chance to buy the family 4 pack for dirt cheap but procrastinated and ended up spending an extra $90 for 4. No whining here about the extra cost that was our choice to wait till Saturday to buy them. It was not a secret that the tickets were for sale long before this last weekend.

No doubt about it there. Hell I had a thread I started about a month ago because one of the NCAA Promotions guys sent a flyer to put up for people so it's not like this was some behind the scenes, unknown deal.

People don't like blaming themselves Swagger.

SonuvaHenx2
December 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I really have to stop you here before you go all Lakes-y on us.

The average attendance for the Championship game over the last 10 years is 16,773. The venue/city bids on the even way before they find out that Sam Houston and NDSU will be in it. It was only 2 years ago that they drew less than 15k. This venue has been big enough for any of the games in the last 10 years except for the App state years and it was in Chatty so that wasn't a travel issue.

This game has RARELY sold out. You need to direct your energy into some yoga classes or something. If you want to go badly enough, you will find a ticket. There are people right now taking advantage of the speculation and getting some crazy prices for tickets. It is a long 2.5 weeks and some tickets will come available for not too much money.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NoDak 4 Ever again.

Ivytalk
December 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Over on the other board, Jabber has a package of tix and hotel available for four grand, but he ain't sellin'. Just sayin'. But you didn't hear it from me.xeyebrowxxcoolx