PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure FCS Wii games have been discussed, but need help

bojeta
December 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I really don't play video games and know little about Wii vs Xbox etc. I do know my sister-in-law has recommended Wii sports games for my nephew for Christmas. If I can, I'd like to get him a game for his Wii that has FCS teams. Is this possible? Thanks!

Skjellyfetti
December 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't know if it came out for the Wii, but the last version of NCAA Football to have FCS teams was the 2005 or 2006 version. That's the one I still play. The versions since then do not have FCS teams included on them... but, you can download FCS teams that other people have created online.

MSUBobcat
December 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know if it came out for the Wii, but the last version of NCAA Football to have FCS teams was the 2005 or 2006 version. That's the one I still play. The versions since then do not have FCS teams included on them... but, you can download FCS teams that other people have created online.

I have NCAA Football 2007 for PS2 and it still had FCS teams. Haven't bought any of the later versions or for other game systems so don't know if that has changed or if it was specific to PS2.

Jazzman1522
December 19th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I don't think NCAA Football is made for the Wii anymore. You could get a couple older versions, around 08 and 09, but from I recall, they were pretty bare-boned compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Now, I've never played the games on Wii, but they stopped including FCS teams with the games on the current generation of consoles. The only way to use them is to create and download them with the Teambuilder feature that was introduced for NCAA 10. Unfortunately, I don't think it ever made it to the Wii version. Short answer, I don't believe there are any games for the Wii that have FCS teams in them. Sorry.

bojeta
December 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the responses! I think I've got a good picture of the situation now. Unfortunately, my nephew's already got a Wii system, so it looks like I'll just get him an NFL game or maybe some other sport. I did check out the Teambuilder site and they are currently at 82% of all FCS teams. Looks pretty cool. Might even get me interesting in playing games again lol...