PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Transfer Thread

JmuSkinsfan
December 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I know there are a few discussions in various threads, but none I could find anywhere in the last 4 pages so thought this deserved its own thread. Maryland has 7 players (at least ... more likely to come) leaving their program after this season ... a lot of these guys are going to FCS teams. Let's track rumors and destinations on here. The "year" in parantheses is what they will be next year at their new school)

Cody Blue, DL (r-Jr) (3-star)
Titus Till, S (r-So) (4-star)
Jeremiah Wilson, RB/CB (r-So) (3-star)
Rashaan Moore, RB (r-So)
D.J. Adams, RB (r-Jr)
R.J. Dill, OL (r-Sr)
David Mackall, DL (r-Jr) (4-star)

- Jeremiah Wilson and Titus Till have committed to JMU. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson shifts back to CB, where JMU has needs, v. RB where they are stacked.

- Rashaan Moore (couldn't find him on rivals) has committed to ODU.

- R.J. Dill has graduated and will likely transfer to an FBS school with a Masters program that is not at UMD (similar to Russell Wilson last year).

That leaves reserve DL Cody Blue, DL David Mackall and RB D.J. Adams left to be claimed. David Mackall is rumored to be considering Delaware, but JMU fans think we've got a shot at him with Till and Wilson coming to JMU.

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Georgetown picked up a Maryland transfer two years ago (PK), but that might have been the only one.

asumike83
December 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
All I know is that ASU has some spots to fill in the middle of our DL, so Cody and David would be welcome in Boone! I am going to go ahead and start an unsubstantiated rumor that both of these guys are prepared to sign at App. There is really no need to go after them, please tell your coaches the same.

hens2013
December 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Mackall will be heading to UD, should be announced within a couple of days or so but I think its pretty much a done deal.

There could be some other possible UMD transfers. Possibly QB O'BrienI(former ACC Rookie of Year).

should be an interesting couple of weeks for transfers.

HenZoneNation
December 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Zack Kerr (3 Star) DT will be a Hen next year. Nothing official yet but pretty much a done deal. If Mackall transfers we are gonna be pretty stacked up front.

whitey
December 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Maryland's loss seems to be JMU and Delaware's gains so far.

O'Brien is going to graduate this spring so if he transfers I bet he stays in FBS and uses the graduate transfer rules. This is assuming Edsall doesn't "Todd O'Brien" Danny O'Brien.

jmufan999
December 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
Zack Kerr (3 Star) DT will be a Hen next year.

I don't see him listed on the UMD roster. ??

smcwildcat
December 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
over at UNH we do things the right way....recruiting....I know odd concept (cough UD) only take transfers if they have a legitimate reason or connection to NH. Say what you want but in mind a successful football program comes from hard work through recruiting

penguinpower
December 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
+1^^^^^^^^^^

hens2013
December 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
over at UNH we do things the right way....recruiting....I know odd concept (cough UD) only take transfers if they have a legitimate reason or connection to NH. Say what you want but in mind a successful football program comes from hard work through recruiting

let me know in the NCAA handbook where it says that taking transfers is the "wrong way" and sticking to just recruiting is the "right way". The whole goal of an offseason is to improve your team, whether it be through recruiting or transfers or both. stupid argument

colorless raider
December 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
It is curious how so many are academically qualified, unless....

narc
December 21st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Rahsaan Moore is expected to transition to defensive end, here's the VP link:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/12/3-new-arrivals-look-bolster-odu-monarchs-defense

WrenFGun
December 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM

This is completely, 100% incorrect to say. I disagree completely. Any program is doing themselves a disservice to not pursue the best talent possible.

Mattymc727
December 21st, 2011, 10:50 PM
This is completely, 100% incorrect to say. I disagree completely. Any program is doing themselves a disservice to not pursue the best talent possible.

Agreed. I even wish some of these players were interested in UNH. God knows we could use the help on the defensive side of the ball

HenZoneNation
December 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
I don't see him listed on the UMD roster. ??
He was on the team last year...I think something must have happened before the season started. Not sure.

As far as transfers go...I don't have a problem with them at all. It's a form of recruiting. Times have changed just like with many facets of sports like baseball, NBA, NFL...it depends on the coach. KC hasn't demonstrated that he can recuit a QB out of HS who can lead our team into the playoffs. That is upsetting. At the same time, in his ten years we've 3 of our QB's, including two right now, have made active rosters for the NFL. I think most people who feel so strongly against transfers have been burned by teams who have used them, and used them wisely.

Like Tubby said, if you don't take transfers you're gonna be lining up against them.