PDA

View Full Version : Quite a season

GrizzlyBill
December 18th, 2011, 04:10 PM
At the risk of being a band wagoneer, I waited until my Griz were no longer in the hunt, but I have been reading all season. This board has been very entertaining and mostly informative. I never felt I could add much of value about the technical aspects of the game, and have never wanted to join the chest thumping smack fests.

As an FCS football fan and a Griz fan, this has been (and will be through Jan 7) a special season. I am extremely proud of my team, but it is also good to see SHSU carry the Southland banner so well. Likewise, Lehigh and Stony Brook showed us some excellent football and did not roll over. It is very refreshing to have new names high up in the polls. I am happy that the Griz continue to compete so well at the national level.

ngineer
December 18th, 2011, 11:07 PM
At the risk of being a band wagoneer, I waited until my Griz were no longer in the hunt, but I have been reading all season. This board has been very entertaining and mostly informative. I never felt I could add much of value about the technical aspects of the game, and have never wanted to join the chest thumping smack fests.

As an FCS football fan and a Griz fan, this has been (and will be through Jan 7) a special season. I am extremely proud of my team, but it is also good to see SHSU carry the Southland banner so well. Likewise, Lehigh and Stony Brook showed us some excellent football and did not roll over. It is very refreshing to have new names high up in the polls. I am happy that the Griz continue to compete so well at the national level.

You are quite right. This has been a very good season and highly entertaining. A number of new faces stirring the some of the traditional pots and some of the traditional powers getting a little 'comeupence'.

katstrapper
December 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM
It has definitely been a fun ride so far. I am just looking forward to SHSU completing the task.

Seawolf97
December 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
It has definitely been a fun ride so far. I am just looking forward to SHSU completing the task.

I think you will complete your Championship run with a "W". It was great to play you guys! Now for a return game one of these daysxthumbsupx

BisonBabe
December 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I think that the game between NDSU & SHSU will be very exciting. I am not going to predict anything as predictions at this point are meaningless. What we all know is that in the end there can only be 1. We have both had wonderful seasons thus far. Both our teams were told we could not make it but here we are the #1 & #2 seeds heading to the final game. Our teams have a history and this will be one he!! of a game. The next 3 weeks will drag on but the reward will be well worth it.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM

GB, it turns out that you were wrong about not being able to add something. That's a good thought and a concise observation. It has been fun. It has had surprises. I'm not just talking about the football season and the FCS teams here either. There is an emergence of some great posters due to the teams making waves.

Some people play a smack role, some talk football X's & O's style, some are all around utility types and get in on everything. One thing we really can't be overboard on at this point is some level headed discussion. If that's what you have to offer then please feel free to add it. Opinions of all sorts are welcome...and discussed...at length.:D