PDA

View Full Version : georgia southern fans

frozennorth
December 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Where does that rank among your worst losses?

McNeese75
December 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM

What a question xsmhx

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
He is from our rival school. Must have been a big win. :P

semobison
December 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Have some class Bison Fans!

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Have some class Bison Fans!

He goes to UND.

GSUwinsagain
December 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Montana gave us our worst loss ever in playoffs, but this is probably number 2.

NDBISONGUY
December 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Don't bother answering this guy. He's from our hated rival trying to stir up some crap.

semobison
December 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
He goes to UND.

Ok, I get it! Young and dumb!

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Just go away. Bye.

frozennorth
December 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Not only do I go to und, but I also am still bitter about the civil war. This was very satisfying.

Also this wasn't meant as a troll persay, but in response to a dumb post from some georgia sourthern fan saying this was ndsu's biggest game ever. Utterly false.

gsueagle02
December 17th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Congrats NDST fans. Coach Bohl is a stand up guy and a hell of a coach. NDST has a hell of a team and my money is on them to win the national championship. I hope to see ya'll in the playoffs again next year (hopefully at Paulson Stadium).

Saint3333
December 17th, 2011, 07:52 PM
19-0 vs. ASU in 80's has to be up there. It was snowing and ASU students wrote in the snowy bank in the south endzone "You Can't Score". Erk poured out the Eagle Creek water onto their sideline, it immediately froze and left a huge area no one could walk on.

Side Judge
December 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
C'mon - last year in Newark...

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Montana smoked us something like 45-0 back in 95 I believe.

But I'd put the 88 and 98 championship losses first and second just due to the heartbreaking nature of them.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM
There have been a few. While we want to win Championships every year, we realize '10 and '11 have been gravy in the big scheme. We're only two years back to being us and we've finished Top 4 both years. Jaybo Shaw has been awesome and he's tough as nails, but we've been much slower than we will be starting next year. There's a cutback seam on the edge for the QB when defenses play like UD, App, and NDSU, but Shaw just isn't quick enough to hit it like all of our past QB's have. To illustrate the point, one of our backup QB's (Youyoute) had 26 rushing attempts for 327 yards to Shaw's 168 for 565.

NDSU was no different than Maine, Chattanooga, Samford, or Furman in scheme. The difference in this game was the 12th man throwing off the timing of the entire offense. It can't be overstated how precise the timing is. The pitch relationship was off as well as the dive.

I was impressed with the overall athleticism of the Bison defense, especially Heagle and NDSU obviously has a good team, but I wouldn't be worried about playing them tomorrow if it was in "normal" conditions. SHSU will run circles around NDSU.

GoGSU
December 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
19-0 vs. ASU in 80's has to be up there. It was snowing and ASU students wrote in the snowy bank in the south endzone "You Can't Score". Erk poured out the Eagle Creek water onto their sideline, it immediately froze and left a huge area no one could walk on.

It was "Can you score"....but either way..it was the worst loss I have been to... :(

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
There have been a few. While we want to win Championships every year, we realize '10 and '11 have been gravy in the big scheme. We're only two years back to being us and we've finished Top 4 both years. Jaybo Shaw has been awesome and he's tough as nails, but we've been much slower than we will be starting next year. There's a cutback seam on the edge for the QB when defenses play like UD, App, and NDSU, but Shaw just isn't quick enough to hit it like all of our past QB's have. To illustrate the point, one of our backup QB's (Youyoute) had 26 rushing attempts for 327 yards to Shaw's 168 for 565.

NDSU was no different than Maine, Chattanooga, Samford, or Furman in scheme. The difference in this game was the 12th man throwing off the timing of the entire offense. It can't be overstated how precise the timing is. The pitch relationship was off as well as the dive.

I was impressed with the overall athleticism of the Bison defense, especially Heagle and NDSU obviously has a good team, but I wouldn't be worried about playing them tomorrow if it was in "normal" conditions. SHSU will run circles around NDSU.

mmmmm, tasty!

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM
mmmmm, tasty!

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Run circles around us xlolx.

robsnotes4u
December 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM

Finny how all the GSU fans said the fargodome wasn't going to be a factor, and NOW it is the factor. You were defeated in every aspect, just admit it. No If this then that. It doesn't matter if we played you tomorrow and lost. We won when we needed to, today. I don't think you qb would want to play us again, he was crawling off the field. I will say he is a tough guy would be a real star if he was on a team that let him throw the ball more

stevdock
December 17th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Shouldn't have bought out the game and then MAYBE you would have been at home. If you beat us my guess is you are seeded 2 and we are seeded 3 but we'll never know.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Better atheletes better fans. Nuff said.

X-Factor
December 17th, 2011, 09:09 PM

We ran circles around your slow team. Just like we did in 06. Did your coach take them out to the BK lounge prior to the game?

X-Factor
December 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
GSU got destroyed 35-7. The outcome would not have changed at paulson or anywhere else for that matter. The bison were the significantly better team. FACT

tractorapp
December 17th, 2011, 09:16 PM

I think that is the coldest I have ever been at a football game. Stands had about 3" of ice.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 10:17 PM
GSU got destroyed 35-7. The outcome would not have changed at paulson or anywhere else for that matter. The bison were the significantly better team. FACT

Playing in Paulson would have definitely made a big difference. I wouldn't guarantee a win cause you guys are pretty good, but we would have performed a lot better. The crowd was a big factor in the game today.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Shouldn't have bought out the game and then MAYBE you would have been at home. If you beat us my guess is you are seeded 2 and we are seeded 3 but we'll never know.

Playing that D2 caught up to us. If Coastal hadn't of bailed on us then we would have been seeded ahead of you. That's what made the difference. We were ranked ahead of NDSU in every poll at the end of the regular season but got the 3 seed.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I will say he is a tough guy would be a real star if he was on a team that let him throw the ball more

I have no idea why we didn't pass more. It was there all game and we never took advantage of it. We were even getting decent protection early, at least enough to get some of those 5-10 yard passes off. That was the only way we could have forced the defense to back off the line.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Playing in Paulson would have definitely made a big difference. I wouldn't guarantee a win cause you guys are pretty good, but we would have performed a lot better. The crowd was a big factor in the game today.

Really. We tried to tell you. But you played Bama and were prepared :)

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I have no idea why we didn't pass more. It was there all game and we never took advantage of it. We were even getting decent protection early, at least enough to get some of those 5-10 yard passes off. That was the only way we could have forced the defense to back off the line.

Cause you can't pass against a good team.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Cause you can't pass against a good team.

You were leaving the intermediate throws open. We just refused to throw in those areas. We wanted to run into Heagle over....and over.....and over....ugh

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Really. We tried to tell you. But you played Bama and were prepared :)

It had the opposite affect I thought it would. I thought we'd false start a lot early, and settle down. However it's like we slowed ourselves down and really disrupted our timing to make sure we concentrated on NOT false starting. This kept us from firing off on the snap like we've been doing. It was really disheartening cause it kept us from getting any kind of push off the line.

Doing some asking around, I don't think we thought outside the box to try and prepare for the noise. I had several ideas that would have come closer to imitating the pure noise blankout your crowd was causing but I'm not a coach, might not have been feasible. I made the comment on our boards that yea Bama was loud, but putting a roof over you makes the sound a LOT different. If we ever play there again we should request the NCAA install sound dampeners to even the playing field :p

I'm an engineer and I've often thought if there was a way for me to construct a sound generator that would constantly monitor and adjust to the crowd noise and generate an inverse sound wave to cancel out the crowd noise. Would be pretty epic if that was possible. Would be hard to do with all the constantly shifting frequencies though.

No_Skill
December 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM
It had the opposite affect I thought it would. I thought we'd false start a lot early, and settle down. However it's like we slowed ourselves down and really disrupted our timing to make sure we concentrated on NOT false starting. This kept us from firing off on the snap like we've been doing. It was really disheartening cause it kept us from getting any kind of push off the line.

Doing some asking around, I don't think we thought outside the box to try and prepare for the noise. I had several ideas that would have come closer to imitating the pure noise blankout your crowd was causing but I'm not a coach, might not have been feasible. I made the comment on our boards that yea Bama was loud, but putting a roof over you makes the sound a LOT different. If we ever play there again we should request the NCAA install sound dampeners to even the playing field :p

I'm an engineer and I've often thought if there was a way for me to construct a sound generator that would constantly monitor and adjust to the crowd noise and generate an inverse sound wave to cancel out the crowd noise. Would be pretty epic if that was possible. Would be hard to do with all the constantly shifting frequencies though.

That sounds like a job for Data...

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/09/DataTNG.jpg/250px-DataTNG.jpg

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
We did have more false starts last week at home than we did today. We were definitely being conservative with the OL. In all fairness, there really was no way for us to know how loud it would really be since we've never played in a dome with 20k people in it AFAIK.

GSUEagles#1
December 18th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Finny how all the GSU fans said the fargodome wasn't going to be a factor, and NOW it is the factor. You were defeated in every aspect, just admit it. No If this then that. It doesn't matter if we played you tomorrow and lost. We won when we needed to, today. I don't think you qb would want to play us again, he was crawling off the field. I will say he is a tough guy would be a real star if he was on a team that let him throw the ball more

Y'all are some really sore winners! Not ONE Georgia Southern fan has come on here and dogged you about your win! It is perfectly alright to talk about factors that could change....

Jaybo Shaw was a KEY element that brought back the option (Which is not all passing) and we are sad to lose him now! But he had more of a career at Georgia Southern than he would have had he stayed at Georgia Tech as 2nd string! And I know he is proud!!

Show some dang class, NDSU! When Georgia Southern wins, we don't go and beat up the opposing team fans, we show respect!

I think every GSU fan can agree that NDSU won fair & square! The refs stayed out of it and there isn't much that we can complain about but it is NORMAL for a fanbase to analyze the loss and find ways you think it could have been better.

FargoBison
December 18th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Met some GSU fans in the tailgate lot, great people...lot of fun to talk to and drink with.

GSU will be back, you guys have a fantastic football program.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Y'all are some really sore winners! Not ONE Georgia Southern fan has come on here and dogged you about your win! It is perfectly alright to talk about factors that could change....

Jaybo Shaw was a KEY element that brought back the option (Which is not all passing) and we are sad to lose him now! But he had more of a career at Georgia Southern than he would have had he stayed at Georgia Tech as 2nd string! And I know he is proud!!

Show some dang class, NDSU! When Georgia Southern wins, we don't go and beat up the opposing team fans, we show respect!

I think every GSU fan can agree that NDSU won fair & square! The refs stayed out of it and there isn't much that we can complain about but it is NORMAL for a fanbase to analyze the loss and find ways you think it could have been better.

Thats not true, but I agree with everything else you posted.

penguinpower
December 18th, 2011, 06:19 AM

We were treated badly by GA southern fans in when u guys beat us in 1999 NC game.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 06:39 AM
What a question xsmhx

actually, it could be therapeutic

GSUsTALON
December 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM

While I agree with E-Cliff’s most of the time I take issue with the 12th man idea. Yes, both home field & noise level were an advantage for NDSU but the key to this game was NDSU’s defensive coaching staff’s preparation & the teams execution of assignment football. Looking forward to a rematch & different outcome next year!xsalutex

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:06 AM

now this is the stereotypical Ga So fan, lots of BS in this post

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
While I agree with E-Cliff’s most of the time I take issue with the 12th man idea. Yes, both home field & noise level were an advantage for NDSU but the key to this game was NDSU’s defensive coaching staff’s preparation & the teams execution of assignment football. Looking forward to a rematch & different outcome next year!xsalutex

and this would be the atypical example

GSUEagles#1
December 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
We were treated badly by GA southern fans in when u guys beat us in 1999 NC game.

Well I'm sorry I was in High School in '99 and didn't know what Ga Southern was.... My apologies!

GSUEagles#1
December 18th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Met some GSU fans in the tailgate lot, great people...lot of fun to talk to and drink with.

GSU will be back, you guys have a fantastic football program.

We really are nice! Like every fan base, there are the few sour apples in the bunch!

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2011, 07:28 AM
now this is the stereotypical Ga So fan, lots of BS in this post

How about "sterotypical Ga So" poster, if sterotypical anything. We encountered great people up here in Fargo and I believe they would do the same if they came to Statesboro, though our student section is rowdier than NDSU's. The posters on these boards are an extremely small percentage of the fan base, so I don't think you can accurately draw conclusions on the group as a whole based on the posts of a few.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM
How about "sterotypical Ga So" poster, if sterotypical anything. We encountered great people up here in Fargo and I believe they would do the same if they came to Statesboro, though our student section is rowdier than NDSU's. The posters on these boards are an extremely small percentage of the fan base, so I don't think you can accurately draw conclusions on the group as a whole based on the posts of a few.

poster would be a better word for sure, you've got a good read on things and just be sure no conclusions are made by what is said here...

penguinpower
December 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Well I'm sorry I was in High School in '99 and didn't know what Ga Southern was.... My apologies!

I forgive your fans . Mostly young kids . Two schools with lots of tradition both had 4 NCs at the time going for the
5th

blueballs
December 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Congrats to NDSU... they played great yesterday and their town and fanbase gave a great showing for the television audience.

Like most games do, yesterday's game came down to a handful of pivotal plays- NDSU made the plays, GSU didn't.

NDSU appears to be solid in all phases of the game... SHSU more than has their hands full.

blueballs
December 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Oh, and back to the original question in the thread... the 1998 loss to UMASS in the finals by a long shot.

The 1998 team was 14-0 going into the title game and had basically steamrolled everybody but imploded in Chatty, giving up a 240+ rushing game to Marcel Shipp and losing 6 turnovers to fall 55-43.

The 1998 team had a chance to make history and thanks to all the fumbles, is nothing more than a 14-1 footnote.

Engineer86
December 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM

12 years ago? I call statute of limitations.

KepGSU
December 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think the crowd made a big difference in the outcome. I'm not saying they weren't loud and supportive, but they didn't cause our three fumbles. They didn't cause NDSU's D to be able to beat us to the outside most everytime, and they didn't cause NDSU's offense to effortlessy move down the field. Nor do I agree that if that game is palyed in Statesboro we "automaticaly win." Again. Our fans would not have prevented us from putting the ball on the ground. Nor would they have made us block better and all that. We just got beat. NDSU had a great gameplan on both sides of the ball. I wish we would have played to the best of our ability, because we weren't even close to that. We still may have lost, but I would be feeling better had we put a better product on the field. Congrats NDSU you guys have a heck of a team.

ODUalum78
December 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM

Not entirely true. Some of your guys were pretty classless after our game calling our coach every name in the book because he got upset at a call that had nothing to do with GaSo. There was no need for that. xrolleyesx

The Eagle's Cliff
December 18th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry so many disagree with my assessment of the Bison team. I thought they outplayed us in every phase of the game Saturday. I saw one team playing lights-out and I saw the team I'm more familiar with, GSU, playing exactly like a team without communication, especially on offense. I don't need to go into the intricacies of our offense to make the point that it was not running at full speed. NDSU had a great game plan. The way to stop an option is to be aggressive and attempt to disrupt it before it gets started. The safety play was fantastic from Heagle, but a quicker QB burns him more than once. The dive seam is only "there" for a split second and the B-Back must hit it quickly.

I watch lots of practice - our snap count is practiced with the same rhythm by every coach and QB with the purpose of anticipating the count and firing off the ball. We practiced at Paulson last week with crowd noise playing over the loud speakers and it looked like crap then, too. I don't think it takes away from NDSU's victory to say GSU is better than they showed Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Sorry so many disagree with my assessment of the Bison team. I thought they outplayed us in every phase of the game Saturday. I saw one team playing lights-out and I saw the team I'm more familiar with, GSU, playing exactly like a team without communication, especially on offense. I don't need to go into the intricacies of our offense to make the point that it was not running at full speed. NDSU had a great game plan. The way to stop an option is to be aggressive and attempt to disrupt it before it gets started. The safety play was fantastic from Heagle, but a quicker QB burns him more than once. The dive seam is only "there" for a split second and the B-Back must hit it quickly.

I watch lots of practice - our snap count is practiced with the same rhythm by every coach and QB with the purpose of anticipating the count and firing off the ball. We practiced at Paulson last week with crowd noise playing over the loud speakers and it looked like crap then, too. I don't think it takes away from NDSU's victory to say GSU is better than they showed Saturday.

The Bison played so hard, they killed Kim Jong Il