PDA

View Full Version : #1 Sam Houston State vs #2 North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DoubleE
December 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Discuss

I think NDSU wins but its basically a home game for Sam Houston State, could make it interesting

patssle
December 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I want revenge for this! One of the best games I've seen - despite our loss. We beat them in 2009 but they wern't very good that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

DoubleE
December 17th, 2011, 04:28 PM
was that when they had the former oklahoma qb ? Bomar i belive ?

patssle
December 17th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah. He put on a real clinic - singlehandedly schooled the Bison. Too bad our defense sucked. And coaching staff.

darell1976
December 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
There is no stopping NDSU now.

NDSU 35
SHSU 10

NDSU wins first DI National Title

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
It's hard to argue against NDSU's bona fides this season. This team is tested, tough, and on frickin fire.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Can this thread hope to beat the NDSU vs GSU thread?

darell1976
December 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
It's hard to argue against NDSU's bona fides this season. This team is tested, tough, and on frickin fire.

I thought NDSU's defense was good coming into the game, that running game is really impressive. Good luck in Frisco.

LehighU11
December 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
After all that bashing of the CAA, pretty amazing that their 5th place team put up the best fight against NDSU in the Fargodome. Even Lehigh, without Spadola as everyone well knows :D, put up a better show than the almighty SoCon champ! Can't wait til Frisco. 2 very deserving teams.

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I am pumped for this game. Hoping for a big Bison Win!

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
That home field advantage will hurt a little. Not sure how many Bison fans will make that long of a trip.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM
NDSU will bring 10,000. SHSU should sellout the rest.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:19 PM

I think the only way that would happen would be if Montana won. This one doesn't have the same feeling.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Are there even 10k tickets for NDSU to snatch up at this point?

SHSU fans are complaining on KatFans.com of tickets being unavailable through GoBearkats.com and the NCAA! And this was before the final whistle of NDSU-GSU!

Slim pickings...

Are you sure the tickets are on sale before tommorow?

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I think the only way that would happen would be if Montana won. This one doesn't have the same feeling.

There aren't enough SHSU fans(on ags) to compete with the GSU thread.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Are you sure the tickets are on sale before tommorow?

They were available on GoBearkats.com this morning...

And SHSU fans were buying them on the NCAA site prior to yesterday's game, after yesterday's game and into this morning...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
My friend got ours at the NCAA website. 40 sidelines 45 endzone.

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
My friend got ours at the NCAA website. 40 sidelines 45 endzone.

Nice! Hope you enjoy the game. LUCKY!!!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Nice! Hope you enjoy the game. LUCKY!!!!!!!

Lots of people coming from Fargo. It's easier than coming from Ohio, that's for sure.

McNeese72
December 17th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Wait! We are two pages in and there is no the Southland Conference is weak and Sam is an over-rated No. 1 post, yet.

Doc

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Wait! We are two pages in and there is no the Southland Conference is weak and Sam is an over-rated No. 1 post, yet.

Doc

SHSU already proved they belong. They pwned the state of Montana. They are a worthy opponent.

NDB
December 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM
The Southland is weak.

Sam Houston State is over-rated.

They are on the weak side of the bracket.

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
The Southland is weak.

Sam Houston State is over-rated.

They are on the weak side of the bracket.

Also, NDSU gets twice the average attendance of SHSU. And SHSU players' sh it smells like petroleum distillate.

Reign of Terrier
December 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I honestly have no clue. If NDSU's defense is for real, they'll win. If SHSU's offense is for real, they'll win. Underrated matchup is Sam Houston's defense against NDSU's offense.

I'll take a wild gander and say Sam Houston

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I honestly have no clue. If NDSU's defense is for real, they'll win. If SHSU's offense is for real, they'll win. Underrated matchup is Sam Houston's defense against NDSU's offense.

Everyone has picked against us so far... Go ahead and do it again. We don't mind. Everyone said GSU would rack up 40+ points on us.

lionsrking2
December 17th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Also, NDSU gets twice the average attendance of SHSU. And SHSU players' sh it smells like petroleum distillate.

But Georgia Southern had 300 yards rushing on Alabama for cryin' out loud! No way they could possibly lose ... you guys must have spiked their team breakfast! xsmileyclapxxnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:37 PM

I said it before, I'll say it again.

NDSU turned back 2 Payton finalists right after one of their biggest games of the season, and made the so called "anointed ones" look like Lafayette.

This defense is for real.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
NDSU will win this rather easily and they deserve it.

34-20 NDSU

Reign of Terrier
December 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Everyone has picked against us so far... Go ahead and do it again. We don't mind. Everyone said GSU would rack up 40+ points on us.

but everyone has picked against Sam Houston too xlolx

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 06:51 PM
All I know is NDSU made Georgia Southern look like a mediocre (at times awful) team... and I know they aren't - in fact GSU is a great team but they got steamrolled today
You gotta give credit to NDSU for completely controlling GSU for 4 quarters
What I saw from them today makes NDSU the favorite to win it all in my book

McNeese72
December 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Wait! You forgot that the Sam Houston players are small and that they only look fast because of who they have played. ;)

Doc

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Wait! You forgot that the Sam Houston players are small and that they only look fast because of who they have played. ;)

Doc

Yeah... except that guy who averaged 12 yards a carry
Ugh, that's going to give me nightmares - I did not enjoy that at all - very disturbing

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
And SHSU players' sh it smells like petroleum distillate.

You're thinking of the Lamar Cardinals. Their campus is surrounded by chemical plants.

Sam_Kats
December 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I flipped a coin & it landed on the "Alpha is a Tool" side, so I'm going with the Kats. Most logical pick on this thread so far.

Got a feeling Alpha's response will have some $**&#$@*!!!!! in it.

Saint3333
December 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM

This pitty party you're throwing is lame. Plenty of people picked against SHSU each game as well. Just as they did EWU last year and pretty much every national champion the past few years. It's the playoffs, most of these teams are capable of winning each game so it isn't unrealistic to pick against any team in the playoffs.

Both are good teams and deserve to be in Frisco. I only wish we didn't have the time lag between the games, IMO this is a huge advantage for NDSU to break down tape on SHSU's offense and with the time off SHSU may "cool off" from this recent run.

Go Bison
December 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I want revenge for this! One of the best games I've seen - despite our loss. We beat them in 2009 but they wern't very good that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cje3LRaO4

That was a classic! The two times NDSU and Sam Houston meet the scores were 41-38 Bison and then 48-45 Bearkats. Looking forward to a great National Championship game!

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I prefer this version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0&feature=related

Better music and better editing..for 07.

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
This should be a classic with two great teams both playing at the top of their game.

I'm not dissin the Bison's defense (or Geo. So.) but I doubt they'll "stop" Sam Houston's offensive machine as effectively as they did today. The Bearkat's are more balanced. On the other hand, Sam better shore up their pass defense. NDSU has a better offensive attack than Montana's. I can see the Bison pounding the ball then burning the Bearkats secondary for the scores. It should be good! The playoffs brought together two teams deserving of a Championship.

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM

If the SHSU offense is for real? 383 yds rushing agains Montana, 428 yds rushing against Montana St.

Whatelse do they need to do?

littleguysingreen
December 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I posted this on the "poll" thread and I will post here again. I think we match up well against small, fast teams like Sam Houston...................

I watched the Mont./SHSU game and kept telling my son that we would match up better against Sam than they (Mont.) did. Mont. runs a spread/read type offense that tries to take it outside more than up the middle. Mont. didn't use their size advantage on the LOS to run it up the middle because that is not what they do. Mont. wasn't fast enough to get around the ends against the Bearkats.

NDSU on the other hand, runs the power running game between the tackles. We will use our size advantage and will move the football. It doesn't matter that you are faster than us. We don't need speed to run between the tackles and we will wear you down by the 4th quarter.

Your offense will get some yards, but you aren't any faster than Ga. S. and we will be able to contain you.

We will win this football game.

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I posted this on the "poll" thread and I will post here again. I think we match up well against small, fast teams like Sam Houston...................

I watched the Mont./SHSU game and kept telling my son that we would match up better against Sam than they (Mont.) did. Mont. runs a spread/read type offense that tries to take it outside more than up the middle. Mont. didn't use their size advantage on the LOS to run it up the middle because that is not what they do. Mont. wasn't fast enough to get around the ends against the Bearkats.

NDSU on the other hand, runs the power running game between the tackles. We will use our size advantage and will move the football. It doesn't matter that you are faster than us. We don't need speed to run between the tackles and we will wear you down by the 4th quarter.

Your offense will get some yards, but you aren't any faster than Ga. S. and we will be able to contain you.

We will win this football game.

Littleguys, that is a fair take on things. Pound it up the middle until they sell out to the run, then throw it to score. Though I'm not predicting a win for NDSU. I see it as a toss up.

Montana had success moving the ball. We just made it too easy on SHSU with losing two (unforced) fumbles, a pick, missed FG, and a lost opportunity on 4th down in the red zone. I'm not saying Sam Houston didn't earn their win, they won it, but ultimately the Griz "left" plenty of points off the board. So I'm sure the Bison move the ball and score. You can win.

Though don't underestimate Sam Houston's "little" defensive line. They did a great job causing havoc and blowing up plays. Sam Houston's defense is stout but can be beat. The Bison offense will have success. Though I believe Sam's offense will too. They will be the fastest team the Bison have faced. Don't doubt that. Though beyond sheer speed, Flander's ability to make cuts is what should scare you. The game key is how well NDSU's vaunted defense does at slowing them down. It can be done but nobody has so far. That is why I see this one as a toss up.

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Leggo to Frisco! We got dat Bison Swag!

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:39 AM

no, even with 3 weeks to game time, unless Sammy has a lot of Bandwagon fans because right now they seem to only have a handful of fans on here

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Doc

give me some time:D

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I only wish we didn't have the time lag between the games, IMO this is a huge advantage for NDSU to break down tape on SHSU's offense and with the time off SHSU may "cool off" from this recent run.

N Da State was able to prepare for the TO in a week, well coached and talented team will lead to a big North Dakota State win

GSUwinsagain
December 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM
With 3 weeks to prepare, I put my money on NDSU coaches to have their team ready.
I hope it's a great game and not a blowout.

blueballs
December 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Based entirely on watching the two semifinal games- which is a SMALL sample- you've got to like this matchup if you are a NDSU fan. I say NDSU by two scores and maybe more.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
IMO, the Bison will not have much trouble with SHSU.

Bison 34-13

LakesBison
December 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
NDSU 31
The U named after Me! 7

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Wow - you Bison fans are more out of touch than what I thought. I know you guys have a good D and all but you're gonna hold the Kats to 7??? Come on!

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wow - you Bison fans are more out of touch than what I thought. I know you guys have a good D and all but you're gonna hold the Kats to 7??? Come on!

Don't group everyone in with Lakes, he's a fanatic maniac.

BigBison
December 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
IMO, the Bison will not have much trouble with SHSU.

Bison 34-13

Everyone has said this about Sam Huston and they've rolled everyone they've played. We'll see in Frisco. Kinda a home game for them.

kingkat99
December 18th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Its alright we have been hearing that all season and especially in the playoffs. I watched the game yesterday and their D is good real damn good, but I have to believe our offense is a little more diverse than GSU's...I like our chances.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Everyone has said this about Sam Huston and they've rolled everyone they've played. We'll see in Frisco. Kinda a home game for them.

Stony Brook almost beat them at their house....just 2 games ago.

SHSU is a very good team, but I just think our defense is good enough to hold them out of the endzone.

The Bison running game is straight ahead power running....not run to the edge and hope the defender makes a mistake. Very different running style compared to Montana. Our Oline is good.

We'll see in 3 weeks.

BigBison
December 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM

SHSU is a very good team, but I just think our defense is good enough to hold them out of the endzone.

The Bison running game is straight ahead power running....not run to the edge and hope the defender makes a mistake. Very different running style compared to Montana. Our Oline is good.

We'll see in 3 weeks.

While I agree with everything you said....I just think about Montana and Montana State ouch, those are good programs, and SHSU took it to them.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Its alright we have been hearing that all season and especially in the playoffs. I watched the game yesterday and their D is good real damn good, but I have to believe our offense is a little more diverse than GSU's...I like our chances.

Sam Houston is a great team and will tough for the Bison to stop. I've had Sam #1 in my AGS vote since week 9. This reminds me of NDSU's first trip to the DII championship game against Texas St, only the Bison did not have the speed to match Texas St. Having learned a lesson, the Bison now have players from Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, California etc that have speed. I don't expect SAM to run past NDSU like Texas St did back in the day.

katstrapper
December 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM

We'll see in 3 weeks.

I hope your offense does stick to that philosophy. xsmileyclapx

kingkat99
December 18th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'm not saying we're going to run past the Bison D, but I know they won't keep us out of the endzone like some are saying...its almost stupid to talk a bunch ***** and have a d!ck measuring contest when neither team has faced each other and neither fan base knows much about the other team, I think the Kats and the Bison have proved that more than once this playoff season.

BisonGopher
December 18th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I am not sure that SHSU rolled everyone......Their 20-6 victory over Western Illinois at home was impressive since Western Illinois was 1 - 7 MVC.

littleguysingreen
December 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
While I agree with everything you said....I just think about Montana and Montana State ouch, those are good programs, and SHSU took it to them.

Like I and many others have said on here before, different styles. We run between the tackles, the Mont. schools try to bounce it outside. SH is too fast to run it outside. We will run between the tackles and use our size advantage to move the line of scrimmage. SH defense will be very tired by the 4th quarter.

On the other side of the ball, SH will get their yards and some points, but SH hasn't seen a defense like ours all season.

katstrapper
December 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I am not sure that SHSU rolled everyone......Their 20-6 victory over Western Illinois at home was impressive since Western Illinois was 1 - 7 MVC.

Funny how you pick out the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON...

Again, all I will say is BEWARE!! In these playoffs....

Stony Brook keyed on the SHSU running attack... Bell hit some long passes... Kats win.

Montana St focused on stopping Tim Flanders... Richard Sincere burned them... Kats win

Montana appeared to focus on stopping Sincere... Flanders ran wild for 286 yds.. Kats win

See a pattern here? Lots of weapons. NDSU has a tough D, but there is no way to 5 weapons can be stopped completely.

This should be a classic game!!

katstrapper
December 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Like I and many others have said on here before, different styles. We run between the tackles, the Mont. schools try to bounce it outside. SH is too fast to run it outside. We will run between the tackles and use our size advantage to move the line of scrimmage. SH defense will be very tired by the 4th quarter.

On the other side of the ball, SH will get their yards and some points, but SH hasn't seen a defense like ours all season.

Same thing we heard last week... See you in Frisco!!

And there is no way your OL is bigger than Montana's. They were the biggest I had seen all season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Yes, SHSU will be hard to defend but I believe our defense is up for the challenge.

GO BISON

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I have my tickets. Can't wait til the 7th. Should be really good.

stevdock
December 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Funny how you pick out the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON...

Again, all I will say is BEWARE!! In these playoffs....

Stony Brook keyed on the SHSU running attack... Bell hit some long passes... Kats win.

Montana St focused on stopping Tim Flanders... Richard Sincere burned them... Kats win

Montana appeared to focus on stopping Sincere... Flanders ran wild for 286 yds.. Kats win

See a pattern here? Lots of weapons. NDSU has a tough D, but there is no way to 5 weapons can be stopped completely.

This should be a classic game!!

Here's the difference: We will be focusing on stopping Sam Houston. GSU said they had a ton of backs that needed to be stopped. We more or less stopped them all. I see us focusing on the same thing. Everyone plays assignment football and we'll see what happens. While last night's game was closer than what the score showed, I was very impressed with how well we played our assignment. One play last night GSU's QB was rolling right and got outside and it was very obvious he was going to run (which he did) but Grant Olson knew he had to keep his drop and play his assignment first before he came up. If he would have came up GSU would have dropped the pass in there and it would have been a BIG play. Instead GSU did get the first down, but we lived to play another play. I expect that same assignment football against SHSU.

Kramden
December 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Good luck to both teams. I am a bit old school so I think that defense wins games so I'll go with NDSU, but both teams are well deserving to being here.

stevdock
December 18th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'm not too worried about our defense to be honest. They will give up yards. They might even give up some points. But as with most weeks I'm more interested in our offense moving the ball. I thought we would be able to put up a bunch of points against GSU. There have been a bunch of plays that we haven't seen a whole lot the last 5 games or so. What can you tell me about SHSU's defense?? 4-3, 3-4?? Fast flowing, over-persuing?? I didn't watch the Friday game outside of a couple of possessions.

Drblankstare
December 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
The Kats are going to get their yards, I don't doubt that. Can the Bison make them kick field goals? I'd say first team to 28 wins this game.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
The Kats are going to get their yards, I don't doubt that. Can the Bison make them kick field goals? I'd say first team to 28 wins this game.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

McNeese75
December 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Here's the difference: We will be focusing on stopping Sam Houston. GSU said they had a ton of backs that needed to be stopped. We more or less stopped them all. I see us focusing on the same thing. Everyone plays assignment football and we'll see what happens. While last night's game was closer than what the score showed, I was very impressed with how well we played our assignment. One play last night GSU's QB was rolling right and got outside and it was very obvious he was going to run (which he did) but Grant Olson knew he had to keep his drop and play his assignment first before he came up. If he would have came up GSU would have dropped the pass in there and it would have been a BIG play. Instead GSU did get the first down, but we lived to play another play. I expect that same assignment football against SHSU.

Yep, sounds EXACTLY like Griz fans last week.

This is going to be a fun game to watch. I anticipate a close one and it could be high scoring.

Best of luck to both teams although I will of course be pulling for the Kats. Another McFan has this to say about the possibility of SHSU winning the NC:

And having Sam Houston win would be like seeing the girl you've chased all your life marry Barney Fife.
xlolx xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Yep, sounds EXACTLY like Griz fans last week.

Grizz < Georgia Southern

SHSU opponents < NDSU opponents.

see? math.

McNeese75
December 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Grizz < Georgia Southern

see? math.

All I see is your opinion typed in a half-*** math formula

Cleets
December 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I don't see that NDSU defense giving 21 point in the opening 7 minutes...
They are just way too coached up and technically sound - I shudder to think what three weeks with that D-coordinator studying Sam Houston can do
I know this: Sam Houston better have a whole bunch of new looks on offense to throw out there come game day

Saint3333
December 18th, 2011, 12:26 PM
The hypocrisy from the NDSU fans is too funny. They claim everyone has been saying they'll lose each round yet give no credit to their opponent they are about to play.

It's funny how a fanbase can make someone pull for the other team.

spelunker64
December 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Go Bison, see ya down there

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm already fired up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCsMpXwi-c

NDBISONGUY
December 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Blocking and tackling is all that its going to be about.

BisonHype!
December 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I think it should be a good game. 3 weeks for each team to prepare. After the GSU game though, it is hard to not be confident.

McNeese72
December 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Grizz < Georgia Southern

see? math.

Sam's schedule and opponents were weaker than <insert team name here>'s schedule and opponents, so Sam has no chance. Where and how many times have we heard that so far??

Doc

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I didn't get to watch the NDSU vs GSU game yesterday. I did get to see SHSU vs Montana, and I have seen NDSU play earlier this season. I am convinced it will be a tight game. I do, however, have to give the advantage to NDSU. SHSU will not be able to run on NDSU like they have on the two Montana teams. Flanders will not average 19 yards per rush in the first half like against Montana. NDSU has a great rush defense. Bell is going to have to make plays with his arm for SHSU. If he does make plays they have a shot, but I still am not sure if they have what it takes to beat NDSU.

It is a little early to make a prediction, but I will say:

NDSU 27
SHSU 24

Should be a great championship for the entire country to see!

BisonHype!
December 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I am thinking a good game by both. NDSU win!

NDSU-31
SHSU-17

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Sam's schedule and opponents were weaker than <insert team name here>'s schedule and opponents, so Sam has no chance. Where and how many times have we heard that so far??

Doc

OK, mostly snarky earlier but I can tell you this- One of these teams is much more battle hardened, experienced, and tested than the other. That should be the take away here.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I love all the arguments that say your schedule is week, you are undersized, our size will wear down your speed. In addition to being a Kat fan, I am also a season ticket holder at TCU. Been hearing the same thing about them for the last 8 years but all these teams do is WIN! See yall in Frisco.

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I love all the arguments that say your schedule is week, you are undersized, our size will wear down your speed. In addition to being a Kat fan, I am also a season ticket holder at TCU. Been hearing the same thing about them for the last 8 years but all these teams do is WIN! See yall in Frisco.

The thing is you can't argue that TCU or Sam do have a great schedule year in year out. Sam didn't have a great schedule and the Southland is weak. Sam however is a very very good team. They will give NDSU all they can handle and more. I just can't see Bell making as many big plays as I think he will need to against a very stout NDSU run defense.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 02:17 PM
The thing is you can't argue that TCU or Sam do have a great schedule year in year out. Sam didn't have a great schedule and the Southland is weak. Sam however is a very very good team. They will give NDSU all they can handle and more. I just can't see Bell making as many big plays as I think he will need to against a very stout NDSU run defense.

I'm not arguing that they play the best schedule in the world at all. But there schedule is what it is and that is a fact that they have to deal with. They just have to take care of business when they get there chances against the big boys.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Good teams are good teams no matter who they play.

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Good teams are good teams no matter who they play.

Exactly. Sam is a great team, and no doubt worthy of where they are!

TheRevSFA
December 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Well since it's the NC thread..consider this your open invite to the tailgate. Any of you coming to Frisco..any school..doesn't matter. I know a lot of SLC Alumni are coming out to support the conference.

If you are coming down..PM me and I'll give you my number if you want to join us...and I think the wife is making some kind of s'more shot. should be interesting.

ChristopherBearkat
December 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
You know, at this point - trying to predict the winner is a lot like trying to predict the Superbowl. Unless you're freaking Nate Silver with a magic number crunching machine with ever stat in the world lined up, you're not going to be able to do it. Both teams are in the NC for a reason and any number of things could change the outcome.

Ajax
December 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM
What Christopher said. Look, you can come with your "my team is faster", or "my team in bigger", or "your conference is weak", or what-have-you, but all these games boil down to two things (and everyone should know this or you are just a casual fan and not a real football fan): Which ever team has the least amount of turnovers and minimizes penalties WILL win this game. It's that simple. Stop saying your running back can't be stopped. That's nonsense. Anyone can be stopped. And defense does win championships. It's that easy. All offenses can be stopped. EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Great coaches are great coaches because they can scheme and plan their way to stop ANYONE! If a coach can scheme in one week to stop an attack that is unique (like both coaches did this past weekend), he can stop 5, 6, 7, 8 or even 9 weapons. I think both coaches have showed that all the way to the championship game. Get a clue everyone. Enough of the pissing contests. If the Bison don't take care of the ball (which they do very well) they will lose. If the Bearkats don't take care of the ball they will lose. And that's how it will work. I promise.

Cleets
December 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Enough of the pissing contests. If the Bison don't take care of the ball (which they do very well) they will lose. If the Bearkats don't take care of the ball they will lose. And that's how it will work. I promise.

1) But some folks like a Pissing contest..?
2) If neither team turns the ball over - then who wins..? What triple overtime..?

No_Skill
December 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'm all in on this one. Bison win.

NDBISONGUY
December 18th, 2011, 04:49 PM
you're saying..........Mexican standoff?

UNIFanSince1983
December 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
1) But some folks like a Pissing contest..?
2) If neither team turns the ball over - then who wins..? What triple overtime..?

I'm pretty sure it would be like if you google google. Some sort of weird paradox, and I am not sure but I think the universe explodes...

McNeese75
December 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM
you're saying..........Mexican standoff?

You better hope not, you will after all be in Texas xlolx

X-Factor
December 18th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I'll be at this one. I wonder if they will have discount coupons for thin crust at halftime?

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Question for the Bearkat fans. What in Sam Houston is a bearkat with a "K"?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Question for the Bearkat fans. What in Sam Houston is a bearkat with a "K"?

The Texas edukation system.

*ZING!!!! First out of the box!

UNH72Plus
December 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I have been one of the bearkats biggest critics pretty much all year, citing their weak schedule, etc. But I watched them beat two quality football teams in Montana State and Montana, and I'm a believer now. They've met every challenge and done nothing but win. Saying that any offense can be stopped may be true, but you still have to produce. A good example of this is the Patriots. Defensively they're an embarassment, giving up more yards per game than anybody in the NFL, yet they're still 11-3 because they have an offensive that can beat you any number of ways. SHSU has Flanders and Sincere and a quarterback with a passing efficiency of 165.63 (#2 in the FCS) who doesn't pass a lot, because he doesn't have to. In the playoffs their defense has pretty much shut down three of the best rushing offenses in the FCS :

School Yearly Ranking Rushing YPG Playoff game yards
Stonybrook 5 267 150
Montana State 16 212 77
Montana 17 210 103

I'm picking SHSU in close one.

Cleets
December 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure it would be like if you google google. Some sort of weird paradox, and I am not sure but I think the universe explodes...

That has me very concerned...

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Both teams have every right to be confidant of their chances going into this game. Having a layoff helps in terms of health, time for recruiting, and time for gamplanning but I wonder if we'll see one or both squads come out a little rusty on 1/7. Both teams are on a roll and playing their best football right now but can they keep it going after a 21 day layoff? I like that fact that Craig Bohl has been a coach at the FBS level where he's had the chance to see the best way to prepare for a bowl game after a long layoff. Even with that being the case, these kids are not used to it so even if the coaches do all they can to see that it doesn't happen I think we could see a slow start from one or both teams that could really skew the ultimate outcome.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM
apparently this game sold out Saturday. Pretty impressive.

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
apparently this game sold out Saturday. Pretty impressive.

xbowxxbowxxsmileyclapx

bojeta
December 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Best thing that could have possibly happened to Pizza Hut folks... having a Texas team in the Championship! It will be nice to see a packed stadium on TV this time!

Hammerhead
December 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Did you ever think that Montana State wasn't a very good team by the end of the season? They got their butts kicked by the Grizz, then barely beat New Hampshire and then got their butts kicked by the Kats.

Cat79
December 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Doc

Doc

Here they go again. It seems someone would learn from past mistakes about weak schedule and weak conference. Sam wins this game by 10

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Doc

Here they go again. It seems someone would learn from past mistakes about weak schedule and weak conference. Sam wins this game by 10

If Sam wins this game it won't be by double digits. You had better hope that NDSU cools down defensively during this 3 week break. You haven't faced a defensive like this all year that's playing like the Herd.

Bearkat-Backer
December 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
If Sam wins this game it won't be by double digits. You had better hope that NDSU cools down defensively during this 3 week break. You haven't faced a defensive like this all year that's playing like the Herd.

That is the same thing Montana said.

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
That is the same thing Montana said.

And MSU

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Neither of those teams are NDSU either.

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
So will the Kats bring the most prolific offense you've seen?

Bearkat-Backer
December 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Neither of those teams are NDSU either.

And NDSU has yet to play a team like the Bearkats. We can go back and forth like this all day.

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
So will the Kats bring the most prolific offense you've seen?

They could very well, imo I feel Ga Southern was a better team and was the team that worried me most in the playoffs. It's gonna be a great game regardless I think but hope the Bison pull it out.

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
And NDSU has yet to play a team like the Bearkats. We can go back and forth like this all day.

You are trying to say that Ga Southern isn't a powerful team like Sam? I think they are as much of a test as Sam will be.

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM
The Bison are VERY beatable...

Lost to a 6-5 Youngstown team AT HOME who lost to 2-9 Missouri State, 5-6 SDSU & a UNI team that Montana CRUSHED?

I'm not a TeamA beat TeamB, so yada yada yada.............but people on here act like NDSU's defense is LSU caliber. I don't see it. The game I saw on Saturday, GSU beat itself just as much as NDSU showed it belongs (Shaw fumble, WR dropping a TD pass, etc).

Thunderstruck
December 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Lost to a 6-5 Youngstown team AT HOME who lost to 2-9 Missouri State, 5-6 SDSU & a UNI team that Montana CRUSHED?

I'm not a TeamA beat TeamB, so yada yada yada.............but people on here act like NDSU's defense is LSU caliber. I don't see it. The game I saw on Saturday, GSU beat itself just as much as NDSU showed it belongs (Shaw fumble, WR dropping a TD pass, etc).

You could say the same thing about Montana losing to you. The point is that NDSU has the best defense SHSU has seen all year. SHSU has the best offense the Bison have seen all year.
What about the Bison O vs Kats D? How will this play out? Also special teams. The bison have seen every team kick the ball out of bounds to keep it away from our returners.

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Any team is beatable. This is a much different team then the one that showed up during regular season. 7 points a game defensively so far in the playoffs and 2 of those were high powered offensive teams scoring 37pts a game. Sam Houstons defense hasn't been very good in the playoffs yet.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 04:54 PM
"No he's not (like any back we've played) and I'm darn glad, because he is really good," UM head coach Robin Pflugrad said. "He has some gears and a great jump-cut. He looks like Barry Sanders on that jump-cut. There's no one else I can compare him to."

And that is just one of our weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm sure our FCS Defensive coordinator of the Year and the nation's #2 defense will have a great game plan on the other side also.

Plus with a guy named Bookie on your team, how can you bet against the Kats?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
"No he's not (like any back we've played) and I'm darn glad, because he is really good," UM head coach Robin Pflugrad said. "He has some gears and a great jump-cut. He looks like Barry Sanders on that jump-cut. There's no one else I can compare him to."

I'm sure our FCS Defensive coordinator of the Year and the nation's #2 defense will have a great game plan on the other side also.

ISUb

"It's not what we didn't do; it's what they did," head coach Trent Miles said after the game.

The Bison defense focused on containing sophomore tail back Shakir Bell. For the season, Bell averages over a hundred rushing yards per game, but on Saturday, Bell rushed for a total of 79 yards.

Lehigh

Lum said he never felt comfortable in the pocket.

"It's just a really good defense that threw everything at us," Lum said.

Yawn. Look at all the bodies left in the Bison wake.

Bison56
December 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Oh boy!

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
ISUb "It's not what we didn't do; it's what they did," head coach Trent Miles said after the game.

The Bison defense focused on containing sophomore tail back Shakir Bell. For the season, Bell averages over a hundred rushing yards per game, but on Saturday, Bell rushed for a total of 79 yards.

Lehigh
Lum said he never felt comfortable in the pocket. "It's just a really good defense that threw everything at us," Lum said.

Yawn. Look at all the bodies left in the Bison wake.

NoDak,
What you forgot is that Sam Houston is not a one trick pony. The Bison could sell out to stop the run on ISU's Bell, or sell out to stop the pass on Lehigh's Lum. They won't have that luxury in Frisco.

SHSU has a more balanced offense than NDSU has faced so far. The Bison can focus on stopping Flanders. Montana State did and we know how that worked out for them. Montana then shut down the rest of their weapons but it allowed "Ned" to run wild. Shutting down Georgia Southern was very impressive. Yet Sam's option is more complicated and deceptive than the Eagles. Then SHSU can pass effectively in addition to their ground game. The Bison defense will be tested beyond anything they've seen so far (JMU, Lehigh, Geo. So).

I think the real question in this Championship is how well the Bison offense can do. If you can consistently run it then you may beat them with your balance and passing (as SHSU's secondary is the weak link). Though this is easier said than done. Nobody has enjoyed great success running it on them. Sam Houston can be beat. Montana almost got it done. Yet don't get your Championship ring sized just yet. The Bearkats will be the toughest team the Bison have met. Your green & yellow boys will have to play a whale of a game to win it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
NoDak,
What you forgot is that Sam Houston is not a one trick pony. The Bison could sell out to stop the run on ISU's Bell, or sell out to stop the pass on Lehigh's Lum. They won't have that luxury in Frisco.

SHSU has a more balanced offense than NDSU has faced so far. The Bison can focus on stopping Flanders. Montana State did and we know how that worked out for them. Montana then shut down the rest of their weapons but it allowed "Ned" to run wild. Shutting down Georgia Southern was very impressive. Yet Sam's option is more complicated and deceptive than the Eagles. Then SHSU can pass effectively in addition to their ground game. The Bison defense will be tested beyond anything they've seen so far (JMU, Lehigh, Geo. So).

I think the real question in this Championship is how well the Bison offense can do. If you can consistently run it then you may beat them with your balance and passing (as SHSU's secondary is the weak link). Though this is easier said than done. Nobody has enjoyed great success running it on them. Sam Houston can be beat. Montana almost got it done. Yet don't get your Championship ring sized just yet. The Bearkats will be the toughest team the Bison have met. Your green & yellow boys will have to play a whale of a game to win it.

The thing about Lum was that he was pressured most of the game without being blitzed. I think that if the Bison can get sufficient pressure on the QB with the front 4 they will be able to disrupt things. You have a double edged sword with the Bison D a strong physical line, really athletic linebackers and a flat out ball hawking secondary.

It cannot be overstated how much this defense makes every opponent go "whoa". I am very comfortable with my team.

Hammerhead
December 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM
NDSU's defense will be tested. So far we are 2-1 vs the top 20 scoring averages in the FCS.

rank - school - avg -- vs NDSU
6. Youngstown St. - 36.18 -- 27
11. Ga. Southern -- 35.14 -- 7
20. Lehigh ----- 32.46 -- 0

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
and why is EVERYBODY'S option always way more complex than we've ever seen? If I had to hear how GSU was running it with such perfection one more time, jeez.

Bearkat-Backer
December 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
and why is EVERYBODY'S option always way more complex than we've ever seen? If I had to hear how GSU was running it with such perfection one more time, jeez.

Can you name one team that runs a similar offense to SHSU?

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM
UNI is fairly similar I think. Spread/read option with an ultra-mobile QB and speed on the edges. UNI doesn't have a Flanders type RB though.

SFA played them both this year so they would know how similar they are.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Nobody runs a similar offense to GSU either and it took a week to gameplan that.

kingkat99
December 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Nobody runs a similar offense to GSU either and it took a week to gameplan that.

One could arguie that GSU was very one dimensional, sure they have 6 or 7 ball carriers, but they do it virtually the same every down, and as with most option teams there is very little chance they can pass the ball well. I don't get why you guys get so flustered because every team you play doesn't just say "you're rightn your team is the greatest and we don't stand a chance".

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
UNI is fairly similar I think. Spread/read option with an ultra-mobile QB and speed on the edges. UNI doesn't have a Flanders type RB though.

SFA played them both this year so they would know how similar they are.

Well Montana played them both. One of them ran it much better than the other...
UM 48 UNI 10, UM 28 SHSU 31.

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't get why you guys get so flustered because every team you play doesn't just say "you're rightn your team is the greatest and we don't stand a chance".

Say it kingkat! Darn you, Just Say It !!!!

DJKyR0
December 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Disagree on "most balanced we've faced so far." YSU had a great two-headed attack in Jarmaine Cook and Kurt Hess slinging the ball, and Hess could run it awfully well too. Granted, the way that that game ended probably shouldn't leave Bison fans too tremendously hopeful now but it's not like we've got a bunch of slouches on our defensive unit. We'll be ready.

BNATION
December 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Well we are more balanced. Flanders, Bell, sincere, and diller. In my opinion this will be a great game. NDSU will have trouble with play action. 24-21 SHSU.

BNATION
December 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM

GSU runs a severely simple one dimensional triple option. Not tough to game plan at all. Should be a good game y'all will have to stop the best running back in FCS. GOODLUCK to both teams. #eatemup

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Disagree on "most balanced we've faced so far." YSU had a great two-headed attack in Jarmaine Cook and Kurt Hess slinging the ball, and Hess could run it awfully well too. Granted, the way that that game ended probably shouldn't leave Bison fans too tremendously hopeful now but it's not like we've got a bunch of slouches on our defensive unit. We'll be ready.

I never said the Bison "D" are slouches, but you just illustrated my point about the challenges they face.
Careful though, someone was previously chastized for bringing up Youngstown. Sore point.

DJKyR0
December 20th, 2011, 12:02 AM
GSU runs a severely simple one dimensional triple option. Not tough to game plan at all. Should be a good game y'all will have to stop the best running back in FCS. GOODLUCK to both teams. #eatemup

"Not tough to game plan?" Can a Georgia Southern fan refute this or do I need to? Something about 334 YPG prior to playing NDSU, and a scoring offense averaging over 35 a game. You call that an easy read on defense?

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 12:23 AM

Umm...buttBama...

344Johnson
December 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Missing Drevlow at DT really hurt against YSU. He is a very good player and honestly swallows the middle of the field at times.

Sam Houston looked very good in their two playoff games against the Montana's but what happened in that other playoff game? (Not bashing, just curious)
I think NDSU D will do enough to keep SHSU in the 20's, and the offense will do enough to get to 31. ON BISON!

UNIFanSince1983
December 20th, 2011, 06:22 AM

You cannot compare Youngstown to SHSU. Youngstown lost 5 games this year. They may be "balanced", but they are not on the level of SHSU.

penguinpower
December 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
You cannot compare Youngstown to SHSU. Youngstown lost 5 games this year. They may be "balanced", but they are not on the level of SHSU.

Youngstown had one of the best offenses in the FCS. Their problem was how inconsistent they played on Defense. Hell they gave the Michigan State Defense fits the entire game. I remember that they put over 450 yards on NDSU and UNI.

Thunderstruck
December 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I am curious to know who is going to play more QB for SHSU. Bell or Sincere?

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Whatever you do, please do NOT bring up the Youngstown loss to Bison fans. They've already erased that loss out of their memories and are immortal again. Lots of sensitivity will ensue if you mention anything.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=344Johnson;1755737]Missing Drevlow at DT really hurt against YSU. He is a very good player and honestly swallows the middle of the field at times.

QUOTE]

Excuses are like a$$holes everybody has one, which again goes to my point NDSU has got to be the baddest football team ever fielded in the history of football, and we'll have 300 pages of this before its all said and done.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I am curious to know who is going to play more QB for SHSU. Bell or Sincere?

Bell is the QB. Sincere is a WR that runs the WildKat package of the offense. How much Sincere plays at QB will have a lot to do with how the game is going.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=344Johnson;1755737]Missing Drevlow at DT really hurt against YSU. He is a very good player and honestly swallows the middle of the field at times.

QUOTE]

Excuses are like a$$holes everybody has one, which again goes to my point NDSU has got to be the baddest football team ever fielded in the history of football, and we'll have 300 pages of this before its all said and done.

Half of those 300 pages were GSU fans talking the same kind of yang that you are and look how that worked out.

Thunderstruck
December 20th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Bell is the QB. Sincere is a WR that runs the WildKat package of the offense. How much Sincere plays at QB will have a lot to do with how the game is going.

Exactly, if sincere is running the wildcat more, would that mean SHSU is in trouble offensively and looking for a spark?

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Bison win. Cancel the game.

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Exactly, if sincere is running the wildcat more, would that mean SHSU is in trouble offensively and looking for a spark?

Sincere took A TON of snaps against Montana St - rushing for 170ish. Kats won 49-13. Just a little wrinkle.

Htownbearkat
December 20th, 2011, 09:06 AM

you have that backwards. Sincere is a normal part of the offense.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
The simple fact that I am trying to drive home is that nobody has succeeded yet in running away from the Bison D. I'm not doubting the Flanders kid's talent but this defense is good enough to contain good runners. Everybody claims to have so many weapons that you can't contain them all but they have been. Plain and simple.

deez_na
December 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I don't care whose playing who but when you are in the playoffs and giving up only 7 points a game, that's unreal. That's hard enough to do to lower tier teams.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM

No, Sincere will be involved from the start. You'll see a lot of him at QB if you struggle stopping it or if Sam gets a lead.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
The simple fact that I am trying to drive home is that nobody has succeeded yet in running away from the Bison D. I'm not doubting the Flanders kid's talent but this defense is good enough to contain good runners. Everybody claims to have so many weapons that you can't contain them all but they have been. Plain and simple.

Who cares? No one has stopped the Bearkats either and they did not LOSE to a 6-5 team. Don't act like you aren't capable of a loss because facts show otherwise.

Bison56
December 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
My dad can beat up your dad!

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Who cares? No one has stopped the Bearkats either and they did not LOSE to a 6-5 team. Don't act like you aren't capable of a loss because facts show otherwise.

Yeah but remember they had an interior D-lineman hurt that day so there is a good reason for that loss, it wasnt cause they just got beat, they were wounded...xrolleyesx

Bison56
December 20th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I love reading all the expert opinions on here. xpopcornx

Sammy94
December 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I agree NDSU did a great job on stopping the best rushing team (Georgia Southern) and the best passing team (Lehigh) but both those teams had very average defenses. Let us say the Bison #1 defense hold the Kats #1 offense to under 20 pts, which will be the first time this year. The question will be how well does the very average Bison offense score more than 20 pts. against a very underated (#2 in the FCS) Kats defense?

stevdock
December 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
The one thing I am going to guarantee is that NDSU will not get blown out of this game. Thru Coach Bohl's 31 losses only 5 of them have been by more than 10 points if I remember right, and 3 of those were during our 3-8 season a few years back.

Somebody earlier says first to 28 wins. I think if SHSU gets to 28 points we are probably in trouble. Not because our offense can't over come it, but because the defense isn't playing as well and SHSU will have earned the championship then.

SHSU what are your special teams like?? I think ours are as solid as you can get. Excellent FG kicker, returners are all pretty good and coverage teams are improving every week.

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Our kick blocking is very good. We have a great return tandem of Closner and Blanton. The weak link is our FG kicker altough he is showing promise.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I agree NDSU did a great job on stopping the best rushing team (Georgia Southern) and the best passing team (Lehigh) but both those teams had very average defenses. Let us say the Bison #1 defense hold the Kats #1 offense to under 20 pts, which will be the first time this year. The question will be how well does the very average Bison offense score more than 20 pts. against a very underated (#2 in the FCS) Kats defense?

Like I said earlier, our "average" offense is only scoring 7 fewer points a game than "world class" offense is for the season. We are only scoring 1 fewer point than Montana which had a lot of success against your #2 defense.

Even better, your defense is giving up a little more than 22 ppg in the playoffs, 52% worse than your season average whereas NDSU's defense is giving up 7 ppg which is 65% better than the season average.

Oh, those pesky numbers.

Sammy94
December 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Montana's offense did score 21 on us. If a weaker offense can do the same and hold us to 20 (good luck with that). I guess it should be a good game when it is all said and done.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Montana's offense did score 21 on us. If a weaker offense can do the same and hold us to 20 (good luck with that). I guess it should be a good game when it is all said and done.

See what you did there? You responded to analysis with a falsely descriptive adjective "weaker" and a snarky comment. I can definitely say using statistics that your defense is performing worse in the playoffs and ours is performing better.

Sammy94
December 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
What is false about "weaker"? Have I missed something in the stats that should show me Montana's offense is the weaker one? I can also say that using stats that the Kats are undefeated.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
What is false about "weaker"? Have I missed something in the stats that should show me Montana's offense is the weaker one? I can also say that using stats that the Kats are undefeated.

Lets just be clear here, we are talking about scoring offense. We have to be because NDSU has turned back two teams ranked near SHSU in total offense. If we are talking scoring offense, then NDSU is scoring 1.5 ppg less than Montana so the "weaker" term is disingenuous at best.

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Stats are for losers. We line up & play in 3 weeks. It shall be settled then. This we know for sure - BOTH SCHOOLS DESERVE TO BE HERE!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Stats are for losers. We line up & play in 3 weeks. It shall be settled then. This we know for sure - BOTH SCHOOLS DESERVE TO BE HERE!!

Of course both schools deserve to be here, only NDSU will win.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

Add to that the fact that when both of these two teams have met twice in recent years both games were barn burners. Should be a good game.

NDBISONGUY
December 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
My dad can beat up your dad!

I doubt your dads "otherworldly" offense can penetrate my dad's defense.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Of course both schools deserve to be here, only NDSU will win.

Clear facts have shown that many cocky teams have played SHSU with their fans saying the same thing you are. They still are unbeaten even against FBS schools. One thing is certain. This is a home game for our boys. SHSU support will be overwhelming to NDSU. #eatemup

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I doubt your dads "otherworldly" offense can penetrate my dad's defense.

My dad doesn't want to penetrate your dad you sicko!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Clear facts have shown that many cocky teams have played SHSU with their fans saying the same thing you are. They still are unbeaten even against FBS schools. One thing is certain. This is a home game for our boys. SHSU support will be overwhelming to NDSU. #eatemup

With 650 season ticket holders and an average home attendance of 8000? Cute. We turned 48,000 seat TCF Bank stadium into a home game and averaged 18,000. Don't worry, we'll be there.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Once again you northerners don't understand Texas we have to compete with 20 FBS schools in our state for fans. How many does North Dakota Nowhere have?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Once again you northerners don't understand Texas we have to compete with 20 FBS schools in our state for fans. How many does North Dakota Nowhere have?

Are you saying your school is so unworthy of attention that it falls that far below all the other schools in the area? Are you just Texas State's safety school or something?

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Here we go - que up the "Only show in town" vs "Texas Population" argument. I'll say this - as far as national attention - how does NDSU stack up against...........you ready?

Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston Texans & Dallas Cowboys. Some could make the argument to also add LSU, OU, Ok St, etc because of proximity to East Texas. And that's just football.........what about MLB/NBA?

It's the same argument from Sam fans - sure, it's tough to compete in a market with so many quality programs in your area. What's the closest "big time" program in the vicinity of NDSU?? Minnesota? Hell, the Badgers & Huskers are both 2 states away.

Not trying to get into a pissing match - just stating our frustration as a fan base while NDSU & Montana are the ONLY SHOW IN TOWN. Attendance will not translate to what happens on the field in this game.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 12:20 PM
What I'm saying is what I already said. If North Dakota had University of Texas and Texas A&M literally next door. Yalls fan base would be a little smaller. And unworthy of attention. Unbeaten and #1 in the nation. Now you sound ignorant. Y'all will see what Texas football is all about come the 7th. Goodluck and eat em up!!!

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Also the 8000 is not counting 5000 student tickets purchased by the surrounding cities.(Conroe, and Huntsville) to be given to students at a discount.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Here we go - que up the "Only show in town" vs "Texas Population" argument. I'll say this - as far as national attention - how does NDSU stack up against...........you ready?

Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston Texans & Dallas Cowboys. Some could make the argument to also add LSU, OU, Ok St, etc because of proximity to East Texas. And that's just football.........what about MLB/NBA?

It's the same argument from Sam fans - sure, it's tough to compete in a market with so many quality programs in your area. What's the closest "big time" program in the vicinity of NDSU?? Minnesota? Hell, the Badgers & Huskers are both 2 states away.

Not trying to get into a pissing match - just stating our frustration as a fan base while NDSU & Montana are the ONLY SHOW IN TOWN. Attendance will not translate to what happens on the field in this game.

That may make a lot more sense if App State, JMU, and GSU weren't also in the top 20.

geoff
December 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I watched the SHSU V MONTANA game twice. Flanders is awesome, my stars can that kid play. Pursuit will be crucial for the bison. I like NDSU in this game. Not sure if Kats got conservative in that game or if Montana made adjustments at the half. Without spotting the Kats 21 points, it would be interesting to see what the outcome would have been.

SHSU did give up 28. And don't get caught up in offensive stats for ndsu, because they really slow it down and burn clock when they get a lead. I don't think Jensen threw four passes in second half against gsu.

geoff
December 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
One more point. Thank god bomar graduated. He was scary good

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I watched the SHSU V MONTANA game twice. Flanders is awesome, my stars can that kid play. Pursuit will be crucial for the bison. I like NDSU in this game. Not sure if Kats got conservative in that game or if Montana made adjustments at the half. Without spotting the Kats 21 points, it would be interesting to see what the outcome would have been.

SHSU did give up 28. And don't get caught up in offensive stats for ndsu, because they really slow it down and burn clock when they get a lead. I don't think Jensen threw four passes in second half against gsu.

THIS

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
That may make a lot more sense if App State, JMU, and GSU weren't also in the top 20.

No doubt there are exceptions - and each one of those schools has at least one National Title - we're hoping the Kats beat the Bison & it will help our cause. Those states still aren't NEARLY as saturated with FBS schools as Texas is - let's not forget TCU, UH, UTEP, North Texas, SMU, etc. Again, just trying to prove our point.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
No doubt there are exceptions - and each one of those schools has at least one National Title - we're hoping the Kats beat the Bison & it will help our cause. Those states still aren't NEARLY as saturated with FBS schools as Texas is - let's not forget TCU, UH, UTEP, North Texas, SMU, etc. Again, just trying to prove our point.

Well NDSU will be remarkably well represented. Not to take a shot but I'm wondering if the same thing could be said if it wasn't so close?

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
The PANIC around here to get a ticket is through the roof. There will be plenty of orange there, don't worry. I actually hope there aren't as many NEUTRAL people there as what's being portrayed. Makes for a "down" atmosphere. However, with only 14k at last year's championship (worse case scenario happened...two opposite ends of the country were playing) I don't blame the Frisco folks for selling the tickets early. It will all settle itself out - the casual fan will understand the demand for the ticket they are holding & they'll let it go to either a Sam or NDSU fan.

I honestly think it will be a GREAT showing by both schools - and these 2 teams have the makings of a great game as well.

Bison56
December 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
xnutsxWish the game was this saturday so we could stop the madness!

Bison56
December 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
It will be a close game IMO. The best way the Kats can beat the Bison D is to have a well balanced offense. Its easier to prepare for a team that is 1 deminsional. I am looking foward to a good game between 2 good teams and at the end of the day 1 will be great. I will have to go with the Bison because I am bias.

NDBISONGUY
December 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
This should be a great game. Both teams have balance and good coaching. Either one taking the other lightly, or failing to prepare for all out war is in for a surprise.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM

This thread is weak in comparison...this is like the Pro Bowl after the NDSU/GSU Super Bowl thread!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
This thread is weak in comparison...this is like the Pro Bowl after the NDSU/GSU Super Bowl thread!

I keep trying to stir **** up but they just give me the "oh poor us" routine. Pitiful.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Congrats on the tickets...I think I'll bask in the afterglow of watching us whoop GSU in the dome. There are about 75 alumni in the Charlotte, NC area that I'll set up a watch party. Too bad the NC is not still in Chatty.

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 03:52 PM
We're pacing ourselves - still 2 1/2 weeks left.

NDSUdonny
December 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM

And its going to be a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG 2 1/2 weeks. Where are Marty and Doc? I need to borrow the Delorean

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Oh trust me, I could keep this going for months if I had to.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Well just to spice things up a bit here ya go!!

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
All I know is that everything is bigger in Texas including *** kickens. So mount up and bring your northern asses down here to get wore out by all this Texas speed.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I wonder what percentage of Sammy posters have a Join Date of December 2011?

McNeese72
December 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Also, stats are function of the schedule the two teams have played. The two teams haven't played the same teams so comparing stats may not be a accurate comparative predictor of the the strength of the two teams.

I got an idea. Let's have the two teams play each other in two or three weeks to find out. :)

Doc

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Just found out about these discussion boards. My brother and myself both played baseball at SHSU. did you play division one sports?

TheBisonator
December 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM
All I know is that everything is bigger in Texas including *** kickens. So mount up and bring your northern asses down here to get wore out by all this Texas speed.

Texas speed", don't make me laugh. Ol' Texas can't run very fast when his a ss is buried in the ground from the lickin' by that Northern defense.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
And yes y'alls starting running back is from Texas. YOU get our leftovers. Congrats. Look at our roster and see how many army from Texas. In fact look at big ten, big 12, and SEC and see the overwhelming number of player from Texas. See if you find any from ND.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Just found out about these discussion boards. My brother and myself both played baseball at SHSU. did you play division one sports?
Nope, which makes me just as qualified to critique D1 football as you.

And yes y'alls starting running back is from Texas. YOU get our leftovers. Congrats. Look at our roster and see how many army from Texas. In fact look at big ten, big 12, and SEC and see the overwhelming number of player from Texas. See if you find any from ND.
There are singular high schools in Texas that have more D1 talent than the entire state of ND. That said you'll find some pretty solid home grown talent on NDSU's roster. 2nd leading reciever, RS freshman starting LB, all-conference (should've gotten AA consideration) LG. North Dakota is a distant 2nd to Minnesota for players on NDSU's roster but I'm impressed with the number of ND recruits that turn into really good FCS players.

FWIW, our leading recieve Holloway is also from Texas. We've had a pretty bad run with recruits from there recently though, quite a few washouts.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM

yea, I think they have actually doubled the SHS fan base on AGS - Now they have 10 fans up from 5

BisonBohl
December 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Sick brag bro...do you want a cookie?

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM

and if the answer is no would you think I was a lesser person?

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM

If given the choice, I would take the N Da state situation over lost in tumbleweed of Sammy State situation

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Lets just say I know talent and I know how it is playing schools out of state. To respond anymore about Texas being the greatest state in the union, would be to debate something that is common knowledge. Hence that we are the only state that is granted the right to fly our state flag at the same level as the United States flag. All that aside y'all have a good solid football team. I like yalls aggressive defense. I just don't think it can keep up for four quarters.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Huh, I didn't think I could find any more annoying than GSU fans. Guess I was wrong.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Lets just say I know talent and I know how it is playing schools out of state. To respond anymore about Texas being the greatest state in the union, would be to debate something that is common knowledge. Hence that we are the only state that is granted the right to fly our state flag at the same level as the United States flag. All that aside y'all have a good solid football team. I like yalls aggressive defense. I just don't think it can keep up for four quarters.

if Texas was as great as your trying to make it out to be, Sammy loaded with talent State would be making championship runs every year, that has been far from the case

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
We have already been through that in previous posts. And I didn't think it could get worse than Montana fans. Must be in the water up North. I guess I should expect it I mean y'all are yankees.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
We have already been through that in previous posts. And I didn't think it could get worse than Montana fans. Must be in the water up North. I guess I should expect it I mean y'all are yankees.
And who won the Civil War? :D

BisonBohl
December 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Been to Texas...not real impressive...although the river walk in San Antonio is pretty sweet.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
if Texas was as great as your trying to make it out to be, Sammy loaded with talent State would be making championship runs every year, that has been far from the case

Well if Texas was just so great you'd think there'd be so much success at T State, SFA, Lamar, UTSA....should I go on?

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Been to Texas...not real impressive...although the river walk in San Antonio is pretty sweet.

Not real impressive but pretty sweet? Conflicted eeh. Well just like Montana fans instead of talking football y'all just talk trash. It will all be settled the 7th and just like Montana I'm sure y'all will have plenty of excuses, just like y'all did after the Youngstown st loss.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Well if Texas was just so great you'd think there'd be so much success at T State, SFA, Lamar, UTSA....should I go on?

All FCS schools. Let's look at Texas, UofH, and TCU. CMON SHOULD I GO ON. WHAT A DUMB ****.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM
And as far as those FCS schools go. Lamar just started it's program as did UTSA. Texas state has been to the playoff 4 times in 9 years and SFA went to the semifinals last year. Y'all are as mis informed as lost school children.

TheBisonator
December 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Yankees who *****-kicked you 146 years ago

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 09:10 PM
All FCS schools. Let's look at Texas, UofH, and TCU. CMON SHOULD I GO ON. WHAT A DUMB ****.

Well, Trolly McBandwagon, is SHSU so great because of Texans or in spite of Texans? Can't be both ways.

Bearkats94
December 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Not this one. I was here 5 years before you was ever hear of. Just don't post must.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Not this one. I was here 5 years before you was ever hear of. Just don't post must.

Probably a good thing.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM
And as far as those FCS schools go. Lamar just started it's program as did UTSA. Texas state has been to the playoff 4 times in 9 years and SFA went to the semifinals last year. Y'all are as mis informed as lost school children.
Actually they got stomped at home in their first playoff game by Villanova. But keep going, this is entertaining. I love made up facts.

BNATION
December 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Actually they got stomped at home in their first playoff game by Villanova. But keep going, this is entertaining. I love made up facts.

I was completely wrong there.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM

No really you can stop whenever you're ready...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I was completely wrong there.

C'mon Trolley, don't worry. they made it to the semifinals of the quarterfinals!

TheBisonator
December 20th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Can you say BANDWAGON???

SammyHouston
December 20th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Can you say BANDWAGON???

Can you say JEALOUS?

The Orange over the Green by 10.

Twentysix
December 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Can you say JEALOUS?

The Orange over the Green by 10.

xlolxxcrazyx

SammyHouston
December 20th, 2011, 11:18 PM
xlolxxcrazyx

About as crazy as your fans thinking that you guys will roll us.

Twentysix
December 20th, 2011, 11:24 PM
About as crazy as your fans thinking that you guys will roll us.

I totally agree. SHSU winning by 10 is about as likely as NDSU winning by 50.

SammyHouston
December 20th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I totally agree. SHSU winning by 10 is about as likely as NDSU winning by 50.

I see what you did there.

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 12:34 AM
I see what you did there.

Welcome to the last two weeks for Bison fans.

NDSU by 13. Bison defense is just too much, and has proven it.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2011, 12:38 AM
At 14-1 both teams will have alot to be proud about.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 12:47 AM
NDSU by 13. Bison defense is just too much, and has proven it.

And we haven't proven to have a very potent offense? Your defense isn't impervious.

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 12:56 AM
And we haven't proven to have a very potent offense? Your defense isn't impervious.

It is to every playoff team we've faced.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 01:02 AM
It is to every playoff team we've faced.

Go tell that to Youngstown State.

mgbison
December 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM
If I'm a SHSU fan, I'm concerned the way the 2nd half played out against Montana. Montana shut you down completely in the second half. We will not be gift wrapping you guys 21 points like Montana did.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
If I were a Bizon fan, I'd be concerned about playing outside of your beloved dome with your amplified home field advantage. Also, we won't be gift wrapping you guys conveniently placed turnovers like what happened in that georgia southern game you guys keep touting.

NDSUdonny
December 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM
If I were a Bizon fan, I'd be concerned about playing outside of your beloved dome with your amplified home field advantage. Also, we won't be gift wrapping you guys conveniently placed turnovers like what happened in that georgia southern game you guys keep touting.

If I remember right, we haven't had many problems on the road this year.....

I-16Bandit
December 21st, 2011, 02:09 AM
NM.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2011, 02:26 AM

Hehe,

@Minnesota 13 point win
@SIU 6 point win
@SDSU 24 point win
@ISUb 11 point win
@WIU 16 point win

vs SHSU nuetral win. XD

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2011, 06:38 AM

Bison fans travel very well my friend. I wouldn't be surprised to have a 50/50 split at the stadium.

Plus, GSU did have turnovers but the Bison shut them down pretty well. IMO, GSU is a better team than SHSU, but that is just my 2$.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Bison fans travel very well my friend. I wouldn't be surprised to have a 50/50 split at the stadium.

Plus, GSU did have turnovers but the Bison shut them down pretty well. IMO, GSU is a better team than SHSU, but that is just my 2$.

Can we also just say that the ball didn't magically jump out of anyone's hand? The first fumble was a direct result of our penetration into the backfield. Shaw hesitated on the handoff and when he tried to pull it back, they were right there. The second was flat out RIPPED out of the hand of the ball carrier on the 2 yard line as he was thinking paydirt.

Turnovers happen because of good defense, not in spite of it.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Can we also just say that the ball didn't magically jump out of anyone's hand? The first fumble was a direct result of our penetration into the backfield. Shaw hesitated on the handoff and when he tried to pull it back, they were right there. The second was flat out RIPPED out of the hand of the ball carrier on the 2 yard line as he was thinking paydirt.

Turnovers happen because of good defense, not in spite of it.

Agree - that's why the Kats are +27 (ish) in Turnover Margin...2nd in the country, I believe. NDSU is top 10 too I think so it's no wonder why these 2 teams are here.

xcoach2
December 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
If I'm a SHSU fan, I'm concerned the way the 2nd half played out against Montana. Montana shut you down completely in the second half. We will not be gift wrapping you guys 21 points like Montana did.

Shut down completely? How about the 7 minutes Sam ran off the clock at the end where Montana couldn't force a stop? Sam outgained Montana by 120+ yards of offense and rushed for nearly 400 yards. Take away the pick six for the Griz right before the half and this game was likely a blow out. Sam played things tighter to the vest after the INT for six.

Hammerhead
December 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
As NDSUdonny noted, we didn't lose any games on the road this year. We also beat Montana State last year with temps in the teens and lost to the eventual champions last year on a very close play in overtime. If there is any kind of wintry weather on Jan 7th, that's going to be avantage NDSU. :)

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
How? Y'all play in a dome.

Moot point because it's Texas. We don't have winters.

Bearkat-Backer
December 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
How? Y'all play in a dome.

Moot point because it's Texas. We don't have winters.

We had snow during Super Bowl week last year.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Let me rephrase - our "winters" are different.

Bearkat-Backer
December 21st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Let me rephrase - our "winters" are different.

True. My guess is it will be in the 50's on gameday and hopefully no rain. It doesn't usually rain much here in January so we should have good weather for the game.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
Average January high temp in Fargo (http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/ZipWeather.asp?ZipCode=58104&submit1=Submit): 15.9
Average January high temp in Frisco (http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/ZipWeather.asp?ZipCode=75034&submit1=Submit): 52.5

Not super warm but I'll take it! It'll be like tailgating in early October up here.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
Average January high temp in Fargo (http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/ZipWeather.asp?ZipCode=58104&submit1=Submit): 15.9
Average January high temp in Frisco (http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/ZipWeather.asp?ZipCode=75034&submit1=Submit): 52.5

Not super warm but I'll take it! It'll be like tailgating in early October up here.

Sounds like shorts weather in January!

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Sounds like shorts weather in January!

Exactly! That was my point.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM

Some would say NDSU had a bigger advantage before the dome. This was posted to the GSU thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6BhQq3RC7gY