PDA

View Full Version : ESPNU?

100%GRIZ
December 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I currentyly get ESPNU on Dish Network but it is not HD. Does anyone out there with cable or Directv get ESPNU in HD? If so I wonder why I can't get it in HD on Dish! Would have loved to see the North Dakota State vs Georgia Southern in HD!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I currentyly get ESPNU on Dish Network but it is not HD. Does anyone out there with cable or Directv get ESPNU in HD? If so I wonder why I can't get it in HD on Dish! Would have loved to see the North Dakota State vs Georgia Southern in HD!

I have DirecTV and I get the U in HD

gataeagles7
December 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Yeah but is the game going to be broadcast in HD? I don't think our game on ESPNU last year was.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2011, 09:36 PM
My Direct TV guide says the game will be in HD.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah but is the game going to be broadcast in HD? I don't think our game on ESPNU last year was.

I'm confused as hell. The ESPNU guide on Directv shows a replay of last years Sugar Bowl and BCS Championship game all day long

Check that - read it wrong. I was hurriedly going through the guide while my wife was looking at me extremely annoyed. Not good under pressure

ursus arctos horribilis
December 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Ditto here.

FargoBison
December 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yep no HD for dish, that is why Direct TV is the best.

sgt smash
December 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM
So FCS semifinal game gets ESPN U while right now the NCAA Volleyball Semifinal is on ESPN 2. Really ESPN? Come on. This is ridiculous. Give us a decent channel, but I guess we should be happy we are even on a channel this week too. The ESPN 3 feeds kinda sucked last weekend here.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 15th, 2011, 10:32 PM
So FCS semifinal game gets ESPN U while right now the NCAA Volleyball Semifinal is on ESPN 2. Really ESPN? Come on. This is ridiculous. Give us a decent channel, but I guess we should be happy we are even on a channel this week too. The ESPN 3 feeds kinda sucked last weekend here.

I never understand this need for respect thing. I don't care which channel ESPN uses as long as we can all get it and think we all can get those right? If not I apologize but I figure if I've got access here in MT then it must be in just about every other place by now.

sgt smash
December 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I have a new cable subscriber and don't have ESPN U. Thats my gripe. Just me being cheap as well. I have the basic trio package phone, internet and basic cable. Its not about respect to me tho. IMO I think more people would tune in if it was on ESPN 2. If anyone is like me on Saturdays during football season and just flips through channels to catch football, any football game, many more people would watch the game on ESPN or 2.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have a new cable subscriber and don't have ESPN U. Thats my gripe. Just me being cheap as well. I have the basic trio package phone, internet and basic cable. Its not about respect to me tho. IMO I think more people would tune in if it was on ESPN 2. If anyone is like me on Saturdays during football season and just flips through channels to catch football, any football game, many more people would watch the game on ESPN or 2.
I don't disagree with ya on that one. Sucks the U is not on the basic plan. I'm in the category that won't permit me to spend on **** I don't need as well but during Sept.-Jan. I'll consider all those a channels a necessary part of the package.

When FCS season is over though I could get by with just HBO, AMC, FX, Discovery, and maybe the Travel Channel. Well maybe a couple of news channels as well just so I seem well rounded.

Cleets
December 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
ESPN only shoots in HD these days
So if it's an ESPN crew it's being shot in HD
because that's the only camera's they have and their whole infrastructure is designed to support HD product...
for last years superbowl they leased two of the Red Camera's for some super-slow-motion stuff
But it sounds like they've actually purchased a few Red Camera's now

http://www.red.com/experience

Check them out

nwFL Griz
December 16th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Dish and Disney have been fueding for at least two years. That is why Dish subscribers do not get the U or ESPNNews in HD. I have been patiently waiting for this thing to settle, which, it will....eventually.

@FargoBison...so because Direct has one more espn hd channel than dish, that makes them better? LOL

Hammerhead
December 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I guess the DirecTV commercials are true when they say DirecTV has more HD channels than Dish network.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Dish and Disney have been fueding for at least two years. That is why Dish subscribers do not get the U or ESPNNews in HD. I have been patiently waiting for this thing to settle, which, it will....eventually.

@FargoBison...so because Direct has one more espn hd channel than dish, that makes them better? LOL

Just one of many reasons.

nwFL Griz
December 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Just one of many reasons.

Respectfully disagree.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
A pox on both their houses. My DTV contract is up in July and I'm trying 12 months of cutting the cord. the 1500-2000 I spend on cable each year will go to heading out to a sports bar to watch those things I can't find online.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
A pox on both their houses. My DTV contract is up in July and I'm trying 12 months of cutting the cord. the 1500-2000 I spend on cable each year will go to heading out to a sports bar to watch those things I can't find online.

I like your style.

Go Bison
December 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM

I'm also going the cutting the cord route. I bought an Xbox and watch ESPN3 through that. For college football, if the game is on any of the ESPN channels it is also on ESPN3.com.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm also going the cutting the cord route. I bought an Xbox and watch ESPN3 through that. For college football, if the game is on any of the ESPN channels it is also on ESPN3.com.

I watched every game of the regular season on Gobison.com for $10/month. Not a bad route for now having to fuss with finding the games. Otherwise, Hulu/Netflix/Bittorrent will get me where I need to go. Not to mention already having a roof mount for my external antenna!