PDA

View Full Version : Which I-A Transfer QB Will Be Next?

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Ingle Martin...
Dustin Long, Josh McCown...
Barrick Nealy...
Craig Ochs...

These are just some of the names of QBs who transferred from I-A schools to play I-AA football and led their teams at some point of time during their time at the I-AA level. Which of the below QBs will be next?

Matt Dougherty lists these guys as the ones to watch...

Matt Gutierrez, Idaho State (Sr., 6-4, 231/Michigan)
Josh Swogger, Montana (Sr., 6-5, 255/Washington State)
Joe Flacco, Delaware (Jr., 6-6, 230/Pittsburgh)
Jack Rolovich, Montana State (Jr., 6-3, 215/Hawaii)
Jimmy Oliver, Jackson State (Jr., 6-1, 175/Pearl River CC

Any thoughts?

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 07:53 PM
YEAH......AH'M SEEIN' PIGGIES.........FLYIN' ALL OVERAH DUH LOT.........WHIFF DUH PITT LAD.........IN DELAWARE BLUE 'N GOLD ........SAY IT "IS" SO........JOE...............:hurray:.....BRAWK!

blukeys
May 25th, 2006, 08:01 PM
YEAH......AH'M SEEIN' PIGGIES.........FLYIN' ALL OVERAH DUH LOT.........WHIFF DUH PITT LAD.........IN DELAWARE BLUE 'N GOLD ........SAY IT "IS" SO........JOE...............:hurray:.....BRAWK!

He is also going to be a load to bring down when running MC. :nod: :nod: :nod:
Flacco is a big fast kid.

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 08:03 PM
:hyped::hyped::hyped:..............BRAWK!

Reed Rothchild
May 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Any of those big time transfers win a NC???

blukeys
May 25th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Any of those big time transfers win a NC???

2003 Andy Hall

2004 Justin Ruscati

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 08:08 PM
MAYBEAH...DIS SEASON.......:rotateh:...AWK!

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 08:09 PM
2003 Andy Hall

2004 Justin Ruscati

2006 Josh Swogger :D

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 08:11 PM
GRIZZWOLD.......MAYBEAH....ROLOVICH....WILL SCARE DUH BEAR DUNG..OUTTA DUH BIG FLUFFY CONFERENCE...........xlolx......BRAWK!

CatFan22
May 25th, 2006, 08:12 PM
2006 Josh Swogger :D

2006 Jack Rolovich if Carpenter goes down. :D

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 08:48 PM
GRIZZWOLD.......MAYBEAH....ROLOVICH....WILL SCARE DUH BEAR DUNG..OUTTA DUH BIG FLUFFY CONFERENCE...........xlolx......BRAWK!

And maybe he'll just maul the conference!

http://www.usask.ca/communications/ocn/03-oct-17/images/grizzly.jpg

BigDukeDawg
May 25th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Rascati again in his senior season in 2006

Eaglegus2
May 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Travis Clark is transferring from Southern Mississippi to Georgia Southern. He will be in line to take over the quarterbacking job.

Griffin has been ruled ineligible unless he gets a certain number of credits during the summer.

Rumor has it that Griffin has transferred to a Junior College in Missouri.

Ronbo
May 26th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Many Griz folks attending spring games mentioned that Swogger reminds them of a 6'5" Craig Ochs with a better arm. :D

Baldy
May 26th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Travis Clark is transferring from Southern Mississippi to Georgia Southern. He will be in line to take over the quarterbacking job.

Griffin has been ruled ineligible unless he gets a certain number of credits during the summer.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=23099

Southern Miss bio:
http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clark_travis00.html

His stats from the 2006 So. Miss Spring Game:
http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2005-2006/spring_game_stats.html

GaSouthern
May 26th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Add Travis Clarke to that list! :)

kats89
May 26th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Noah Allen would have made some noise last year if he had not got suspended for hitting the juice.

I think Rolovich is someone that you should keep an eye. Swogger as well.

Mr. Tiger
May 26th, 2006, 11:16 AM

:eek: You guys might be in trouble. If Clark couldn't beat the guys Southern Mississippi have on their roster at QB right now and he wins your starting job, that's not a good sign. QB isn't one of Southern Mississippi's strongest positions this year.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Ingle Martin...
Barrick Nealy...
Craig Ochs...

These are just some of the names of QBs who transferred from I-A schools to play I-AA football and led their teams at some point of time during their time at the I-AA level. Which of the below QBs will be next?

Any thoughts?

My Buffs (as in Colorado) have too many QB's (5-6) with only 2 competing for the #1 spot (well 3 if U count the injured (again) Cox). Don't be surprised if one of them (most likely Cox or the Denavary (sp) kid transfers to a Big Sky School soon).

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Ingle Martin...
Barrick Nealy...
Craig Ochs...

Any thoughts?

It sure stinks that PD's name is not on that list. Whether it be coaching (or lack thereof) or talent, he really underachieved last season. Especially when looking at all of the hype he had coming out of high school.

WCU LawCat
May 27th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Catamount QB Bennett Swygert is back for his Senior year at WCU after missing all of his junior year. He was a transfer from USC 2 years ago. He could be really good this year and be the last piece of the puzzle WCU needs. He is also in the middle of a 4 way battle for the starting QB spot. Most of us believe he will get his starting job back this year but its still uncertain.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 27th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Many Griz folks attending spring games mentioned that Swogger reminds them of a 6'5" Craig Ochs with a better arm. :D

Does that mean a 6'5 version of a walking concussion???

(Och was the very-talented, but Often injured Colorado QB before transferring to Montana for those wonderin)

GOKATS
May 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM

(Och was the very-talented, but Often injured Colorado QB before transferring to Montana for those wonderin)

Apparently Ochs is injured again. He was a no show in the Frankfurt/Amsterdam game today, but no report as to the extent of the injury.

Ronbo
May 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Apparently Ochs is injured again. He was a no show in the Frankfurt/Amsterdam game today, but no report as to the extent of the injury.

Shoulder.

Proud Griz Man
May 28th, 2006, 04:32 PM

Another poor attempt at humor by the Snowbuff. :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

kats89
May 29th, 2006, 08:28 PM
It sure stinks that PD's name is not on that list. Whether it be coaching (or lack thereof) or talent, he really underachieved last season. Especially when looking at all of the hype he had coming out of high school.

I don't think PD has the goods to be honest.

Ronbo
May 29th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Do you guys realize that outside of a few Southland fans nobody knows who the heck PD is? Enlighten us.

blackfordpu
May 30th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I don't think PD has the goods to be honest.

If he doesn't then I believe we are screwed. None of our QBs seem to stand out above each other. They are all average but none elite in any aspect of the game.

HIU 93
May 30th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Don't forget T.J. Mitchell transferring from WVU to Hampton.

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Shoulder.

Ouch. He can't catch a.....uhhh...

He has the worst luck ever as a QB doesn't he???

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Another poor attempt at humor by the Snowbuff. :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

xlolx can't amuse them all

Gambit
May 31st, 2006, 12:54 AM
Zach Barnard transferring to Murray State via Marshall University.

High School:
Connected on 283-of-430 passes (67% completion) for a state record 4,654 yards and 52 touchdowns as a senior ... was named the Class 2A "Player of the Year" in Kentucky ... led Owensboro Catholic to the Class 2A State Championship Game ... threw for 8,124 yards and 87 scores in his prep career ... completed 64.8% of his passes during his high school career ... a finalist for "Mr. Football" in Kentucky ... also lettered twice in basketball ... was a two-time Academic All-State selection and student council president.

I had the honor of watching this kid several times throughout his high school career and he was the best pocket passing QB I've seen in Kentucky besides Brohm. Pocket presence and escapability is very good, hate to see him leave the Herd for a pack of Mules.

McNeese75
May 31st, 2006, 03:51 PM
Zach Barnard transferring to Murray State via Marshall University.

I had the honor of watching this kid several times throughout his high school career and he was the best pocket passing QB I've seen in Kentucky besides Brohm. Pocket presence and escapability is very good, hate to see him leave the Herd for a pack of Mules.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

kats89
May 31st, 2006, 05:21 PM
Do you guys realize that outside of a few Southland fans nobody knows who the heck PD is? Enlighten us.

Soph transfer QB from Tx Tech last year

16 Phillip Daugherty 6-3 222 Jr Bridgeport

This kid threw for over 10,000 yds in high school, but hasn't proved anything so far. Maybe things will change this year, I HOPE!!

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/front_big/175_daugherty.jpg

Ronbo
May 31st, 2006, 05:57 PM
You know sometimes the success of a QB can be traced directly to the supporting cast that surrounds him. He can really perform with a great line and receiving corps. Case in point: Murrietta at Northern Arizona. Was All World his Freshman Year with two NFL quality receivers and a great line. He's been at best average since.

This can be why these kids that excelled in HS are a bust at the next level. They were on a great HS team with excellent receivers, then they go to I-AA and don't have as talented a supporting cast.

Gambit
May 31st, 2006, 06:40 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

??

kats89
May 31st, 2006, 08:06 PM
You know sometimes the success of a QB can be traced directly to the supporting cast that surrounds him. He can really perform with a great line and receiving corps. Case in point: Murrietta at Northern Arizona. Was All World his Freshman Year with two NFL quality receivers and a great line. He's been at best average since.

This can be why these kids that excelled in HS are a bust at the next level. They were on a great HS team with excellent receivers, then they go to I-AA and don't have as talented a supporting cast.

Well I will give him a chance since he didn't arrive in Huntsville until the week of the spring game last year so he was a late newcomer and had to learn. He will have a good OL and a good group of recievers this years so mayber after a year in the system he will step up to the plate.xcoffeex

GoGuins
May 31st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Gutierrez = Hails from Michigan
Swogger = home is Youngstown

I'm rooting for both

blackfordpu
May 31st, 2006, 09:47 PM
Well I will give him a chance since he didn't arrive in Huntsville until the week of the spring game last year so he was a late newcomer and had to learn. He will have a good OL and a good group of recievers this years so mayber after a year in the system he will step up to the plate.xcoffeex

I sure hope so. I am waiting for him to explode out of his shell. The Tech coaching staff had nothing but positive things to say about him. He has a monster arm and maybe if TW can pull some things together Daugherty will have a shot at being a great QB.

slostang
May 31st, 2006, 10:31 PM
Gutierrez = Hails from Michigan
Swogger = home is Youngstown

I'm rooting for both
Gutierrez is transfering from Michigan but his home is Concord, California. His brother Anthony will be a Rfr safety at Cal Poly this fall.

GOKATS
May 31st, 2006, 10:55 PM
Gutierrez is transfering from Michigan but his home is Concord, California. His brother Anthony will be a Rfr safety at Cal Poly this fall.

Nice catch. :smiley_wi

McNeese75
May 31st, 2006, 11:13 PM
??

:eyebrow: I found the "Pack of Mules" comment rather humorous.

Gambit
June 1st, 2006, 01:42 AM
:eyebrow: I found the "Pack of Mules" comment rather humorous.

Ah ok, thought you were laughing @ my player analysis because I mentioned Brohm in the summary xlolx. Not comparing him to Brohm, can't compare many people to Brohm. :thumbsup:

Pack of Mules. :p