PDA

View Full Version : K.C. Keeler to Pitt?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
@PeteThamelNYT: Names at Pitt: Paul Rhoads, K.C. Keeler, Tom Bradley. Better question: Will competition speed up PSU's tortoise search?

The real question: Will this stop the Dayne Crist speculation on AGS? xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Nah, dont think so

Ivytalk
December 14th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Bill Cowher!

GannonFan
December 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
@PeteThamelNYT: Names at Pitt: Paul Rhoads, K.C. Keeler, Tom Bradley. Better question: Will competition speed up PSU's tortoise search?

Are we trading KC to Pitt for a QB? If not, then we'll still need a QB so the speculation will continue. KC isn't the only head coach who courts FBS transfers - he's just the most successful.

Side Judge
December 15th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Rumor has it that Keeler was all but signed, and then Tyler Palko decided to retire from pro football and got the coaching job instead...

MTfan4life
December 15th, 2011, 07:45 AM

I can't see Paul Rhoads leaving Iowa State where he's building tradition in a Big 12 school to Pitt in a dying Big East. There would have to be a very significant money increase, IMO.

bluehenbillk
December 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I can't see Paul Rhoads leaving Iowa State where he's building tradition in a Big 12 school to Pitt in a dying Big East. There would have to be a very significant money increase, IMO.

Keep in mind Pitt is leaving for the ACC for the 2013 or 2014 season.

As said before Delaware will continue to be contacted by any QB with talent that is looking at the FCS route.

Kabooom
December 15th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Keep in mind Pitt is leaving for the ACC for the 2013 or 2014 season.

As said before Delaware will continue to be contacted by any QB with talent that is looking at the FCS route.

UD= QBU..xcoffeex

Q..If Keeler goes to Pitt, can he still keep his six figure xcoolxSunglasses Contract?

boonedocks
December 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM
The real question is: since NFL players can't transfer back to college, how will he find a QB if he goes to Pitt?

GannonFan
December 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
The real question is: since NFL players can't transfer back to college, how will he find a QB if he goes to Pitt?

Well, since he did recruit a guy like Flacco when Flacco was in HS, maybe being at the FBS level will mean that he'll land these guys the first time rather than having to wait for them to transfer.

GannonFan
December 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
UD= QBU..xcoffeex

Q..If Keeler goes to Pitt, can he still keep his six figure xcoolxSunglasses Contract?

Plenty of QB's to choose from - Komlo, Brunner, Gannon, Vergantino, Nagy, Hall, Flacco, Devlin - not too shabby for less than 25 years.

As for the sunglasses, unless going to Pitt will cure him of the medical condition he has in his eyes then yes, he probably will continue to wear sunglasses.

Doc QB
December 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Plenty of QB's to choose from - Komlo, Brunner, Gannon, Vergantino, Nagy, Hall, Flacco, Devlin - not too shabby for less than 25 years.

As for the sunglasses, unless going to Pitt will cure him of the medical condition he has in his eyes then yes, he probably will continue to wear sunglasses.

Forgot Leo Hamlett...he was great, I think he was a south jersey kid, guy I met on a couple Yankee Conf official recruiting visits (except UD...I never got the invite for a official visit there)

andy7171
December 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
If this is true, lets hope the Pitt AD has a strong handshake!

GannonFan
December 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Forgot Leo Hamlett...he was great, I think he was a south jersey kid, guy I met on a couple Yankee Conf official recruiting visits (except UD...I never got the invite for a official visit there)

I actually wavered putting him on the same list but you're right, you could throw him in there as well. Remember, he was the QB for much of the 49-48 shootout win at Montana in those '93 playoffs. I always liked Scully too.

GannonFan
December 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
If this is true, lets hope the Pitt AD has a strong handshake!

Shouldn't be a problem - if KC's hired, his running backs and special teams won't be running all over the AD so there won't be a reason for a limp handshake. ;)

Kabooom
December 15th, 2011, 03:15 PM

No Doubt UD has one of the best histories of fine QB's. I just kind of thought that was common knowledge.

Got to say I was up until this point , uneducated on Coach Keelers sunglass dependency.

Anyways, the Dudes has always looked cool under pressure. I think the shades magnify that a bit on the sidelines..

Hope Coach Keeler stays a Henxcoolx

93henfan
December 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Having Keeler go to Pitt would make the UD-Pitt series coming up in the next few years a little more fun.

HailSzczur
December 15th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Having Keeler go to Pitt would make the UD-Pitt series coming up in the next few years a little more fun.

With the way they've been burning through coaches there no guarantee that if he starts now he will still be there when September 2014 rolls around

carney2
December 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM

AD Pederson at Pitt is on life support. He needs to get this one right after whiffing 3 consecutive times on the biggest decision an FBS AD has to make (including his final football hire at Nebraska before returning to Pitt). Best guess in the Burgh is that it has to be someone with a Pittsburgh (and that probably means Pitt, not just the city) connection. Of the names mentioned here, only Rhoads comes anywhere near matching that requirement, and he, just today, signed a 10-year extension with Iowa State. Best bet is that the new coach at Pitt is not coming from this list.

ngineer
December 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Howabout Bill Cowher?! Talk about a Pittsburgh connection...