PDA

View Full Version : Why in the heck is the NDSU vs. GSU game on ESPNU?????

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
That is BS, time to start complaining xrotatehx

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Look at the brackets, that's the way it was the whole time before the playoffs started. There were two television slots for this weekend....Friday 8PM on ESPN and Saturday 2:30PM on ESPNU

With the other side of the bracket being in the later time zones, it was kind of a no brainer they would be the Friday night game. Same thing happened last year with EWU-NDSU.

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
The Griz are what we call a 'prime time program'...xnodx

ezgriz51
December 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
That is BS, time to start complaining xrotatehx

Pretty sure it's because O'Day is also a secret voting board member of ESPN. :)

bisonguy
December 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Not that it was the deciding factor, but NDSU wanted the Saturday game. Graduation at NDSU is on Friday.

FargoBison
December 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
NDSU wanted a Saturday game and SHSU wanted a Friday game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 12:02 PM
The Griz are what we call a 'prime time program'...xnodx

Such a prime time program that the ESPN announcers spent half of their time explaining why Montana is such a big deal.

ChiefGSU275
December 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I will tweet about this.

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Sucks either way, I know that GSU vs. NDSU going head to head in the dome would be an awesome way to showcase FCS football on ESPN or ESPN2, what else do they already have scheduled that day on those two channels, anybody got a link?

Grizalltheway
December 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Such a prime time program that the ESPN announcers spent half of their time explaining why Montana is such a big deal.

Exactly. Wasn't much else to talk about after we started dismembering the kitties from the MVFC.

ChiefGSU275
December 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe the Division II or Division III title games are that day?

The Eagle's Cliff
December 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Temple and Wyoming in the New Mexico Bowl on ESPN and the DII NC on ESPN2

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Found it:
http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=12-17-11-8:00-AM

Looks like the coverage is for a bunch of crap meaningless FBS bowl games, that blows, I guarantee there is more interest in this Semi game than any of those garbage bowl games that day.

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Found it:

Looks like the coverage is for a bunch of crap meaningless FBS bowl games, that blows, I guarantee there is more interest in this Semi game than any of those garbage bowl games that day.

ESPN2 has a Big 12 matchup in basketball at 2:30. Basketball is big time money for networks.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Found it:

Outside of the teams palying in the game (and a few other FCS fans) nobody cares. It's sad but true.

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Outside of the teams playing in the game (and a few other FCS fans) nobody cares. It's sad but true.

This is the sad but true answer...
We really don't like to hear it - but - It's kind of the way it is

MTfan4life
December 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
This is weird, cuz aren't the two semifinal games always on either ESPN or ESPN2, or have I just not been paying attention? I know the Griz are always on ESPN in the semis. I think I remember being able to see the other games though too.

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Outside of the teams palying in the game (and a few other FCS fans) nobody cares. It's sad but true.

More people care than compared to those crap FBS bowl games.

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM

In that case, post the ratings numbers for the Montana-SHSU game and each of those bowl games next Sunday. Should be an interesting comparison.

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I'm not so sure about that...
Okay we agree = they're crap bowl games - but won't they have 50,000 people attend..?

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Okay we agree = they're crap bowl games - but won't they have 50,000 people attend..?

Haha, not even close to that number for most of those games.

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Haha, not even close to that number for most of those games.
Is that right..?
Okay I stand corrected

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
This is weird, cuz aren't the two semifinal games always on either ESPN or ESPN2, or have I just not been paying attention? I know the Griz are always on ESPN in the semis. I think I remember being able to see the other games though too.

I know the Friday games have both been on the last 2 years, cause we were in them both the last 2 years. I know the App/Montana Saturday semi was on in 09, I don't recall Delaware's game last year, probably because I was still too heartbroken at that point

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM

I'd be surprised if Wyoming and Temple bring 50,000 to the stands. Wyoming fans will be pumped on landing a bowl and will bring a good showing but I'll bet the total attendance is more like 25,000 to 30,000 at best.

As to TV ratings, IF they were on comperable networks I suspect the NDSU / Geo. So. game would draw more eyeballs than WY / Temple. Though not Boise / Arizona State or another crap bowl with better known teams playing.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM
NDSU's AD requested the game be on saturday so that it doesn't impact graduation. He did this on I think thursday last week.

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Last year's quarterfinal with NDSU @ EWU was on a Saturday afternoon. EWU hosted Villanova in the semis on a Friday night.

Look at the brackets, that's the way it was the whole time before the playoffs started. There were two television slots for this weekend....Friday 8PM on ESPN and Saturday 2:30PM on ESPNU

With the other side of the bracket being in the later time zones, it was kind of a no brainer they would be the Friday night game. Same thing happened last year with EWU-NDSU.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2011, 04:28 PM
NDSU's AD requested the game be on saturday so that it doesn't impact graduation. He did this on I think thursday last week.

How dare they put academics before football. Let's all call Jim ODay, We shouldn't stand for something like this.

gasoutherneagle
December 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Southern has commencement on Friday as well, according to the website. I've got no big problem with it. I WOULD rather be on ESPN, but 9:30 eastern is rubbish.

Wilson16
December 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'd be surprised if Wyoming and Temple bring 50,000 to the stands. Wyoming fans will be pumped on landing a bowl and will bring a good showing but I'll bet the total attendance is more like 25,000 to 30,000 at best.

As to TV ratings, IF they were on comperable networks I suspect the NDSU / Geo. So. game would draw more eyeballs than WY / Temple. Though not Boise / Arizona State or another crap bowl with better known teams playing.
I believe last years FCS championship game drew 13k. You do the math.

semobison
December 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I believe last years FCS championship game drew 13k. You do the math.

If its Bison-Griz there will be a lot more than that this year!

LakesBison
December 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
NDSU was quoted as saying “we requested a saturday game” ESPN PRIMETIME FRIDAY NATIONALLY happens about once every ten years for a.FCS team, maybe.

Hell, the title game is on ESPN 2 on a saturday.

NDSU had a chance to showcase the university, dome, fans to.recruits and sports fans nationally and blew it.

Graduation was already set for BSA if ndsu advanced, so.dont give me that excuse. Small time.

lakesbison

swaghook
December 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
NDSU was quoted as saying “we requested a saturday game” ESPN PRIMETIME FRIDAY NATIONALLY happens about once every ten years for a.FCS team, maybe.

NDSU had a chance to showcase the university, dome, fans to.recruits and sports fans nationally and blew it.

Graduation was already set for BSA if ndsu advanced, so.dont give me that excuse.

Small time lakesbison

Fixed your sig line for ya.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Graduation was already set for BSA if ndsu advanced, so.dont give me that excuse. Small time.

lakesbison

http://x11.xanga.com/bd5f9b3707232272316708/m217183979.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Fixed your sig line for ya.

Had he actually graduated he would know that it is better in the Fargodome than the BSA.

LakesBison
December 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Im beyond mad, im furious YOU GO D1 , YOU HAVE A SHOT AT 2nd most TV exposure as a school (after cbs big dance 09) & you say, no thanks.

Just pathetic

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Im beyond mad, im furious YOU GO D1 , YOU HAVE A SHOT AT 2nd most TV exposure as a school (after cbs big dance 09) & you say, no thanks.

Just pathetic

I'll get to see it on my tv. That's kind of all that matters. I don't know why you are so obsessed with exposure. You clearly didn't get enough attention as a kid.

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Last year's quarterfinal with NDSU @ EWU was on a Saturday afternoon. EWU hosted Villanova in the semis on a Friday night.

Yea my bad, I had a feeling that wasn't correct after I posted it.

LakesBison
December 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Nodak 4.ever STUPID I did grad and walk in fargodome, BUT ITS AT THE BSA ALREADY.....ALREADY BEEN SET. BUY A CLUE

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Nodak 4.ever STUPID I did grad and walk in fargodome, BUT ITS AT THE BSA ALREADY.....ALREADY BEEN SET. BUY A CLUE

Well since it's about the students they should be able to go to the Fargodome, just like us. The only person in the world who is worried about Friday/Saturday for the game is you. Grow up.

Dammit, I'm a sucker for troll-bait.

LakesBison
December 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
O really ESPN PRIMETIME FRIDAY vs espnu saturday quit the diffence chump.

Like the 1500 graduates cant go from 4pm graduation to 7pm fball game across the dam street ARE,U KIDDING??

3/4 of those kids wouldnt goto game anyways, stay small fargo

Saint3333
December 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Not that it was the deciding factor, but NDSU wanted the Saturday game. Graduation at NDSU is on Friday.

No offense, but ESPN decided.

swaghook
December 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM

I believe that is why he prefaced his comment with "Not that it was the deciding factor"

bisonguy
December 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Yup. NDSU's AD told the NCAA earlier this week that they would prefer a Saturday semi-final game, but he knew it was up to ESPN to decide.

stevdock
December 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Like the 1500 graduates cant go from 4pm graduation to 7pm fball game across the dam street ARE,U KIDDING??

Please please please stop supporting NDSU. All you care about is partying with the athletes and living like you are still 18. You don't have the best in mind for the school, you just care about sports. Those of us who actually graduated from NDSU know that NDSU petitioning the NCAA was the right move for the college.

Plus if NDSU is as good as we all think they are, they will have another chance at this all important (in your eyes) ESPN Friday night game next year and the year after, etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Please please please stop supporting NDSU. All you care about is partying with the athletes and living like you are still 18. You don't have the best in mind for the school, you just care about sports. Those of us who actually graduated from NDSU know that NDSU petitioning the NCAA was the right move for the college.

Plus if NDSU is as good as we all think they are, they will have another chance at this all important (in your eyes) ESPN Friday night game next year and the year after, etc.

Besides, What loser is sitting at home watching a football game on Friday night anyway? Me, but still.....

apaladin
December 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
A major factor that the Saturday semis are on ESPNU is that there will be far more peeps watching the crappy bowl games because a lot more people will be betting on said crappy bowl games than the FCS semis. Just the way it is.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Absolute crap.......I have been rather against us moving to FBS but if it is going to be like this from here on out with ESPN come playoff time our program might as well be moving up since our PapaJohns.com bowl will at least make it to TV every year.

Tod
December 12th, 2011, 04:45 AM

New Mexico's stadium holds 35,000.

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Do me a favor Lakes, turn the diploma back in and go back to elementary school and learn basic english. You're grammer and spelling is embarassing. Please, as a favor to NDSU, stop claiming to support us.

frozennorth
December 12th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Whenever I imagine lakes irl, I think of that tool booster from miami.

bluehenbillk
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
This TV schedule sucks - I guess I'll have to tape the GSU-NDSU game. As a Temple alum I'll be watching the New Mexico Bowl LIVE.

Bearkat-Backer
December 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Do me a favor Lakes, turn the diploma back in and go back to elementary school and learn basic english. You're grammer and spelling is embarassing. Please, as a favor to NDSU, stop claiming to support us.

The fact that you misspelled two words and incorrectly used “is” instead of “are” since your subject was plural don't exactly help your case.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
The fact that you misspelled two words and incorrectly used “is” instead of “are” since your subject was plural don't exactly help your cause.

i·ro·ny
1    [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural -nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Bearkat-Backer
December 12th, 2011, 09:57 AM
i·ro·ny
1    [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural -nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Nice try!

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Or the fact I'm posting from a phone vs. a laptop...and usually drinking! I learned in Fargo and refined in the South!

Ivytalk
December 13th, 2011, 06:40 AM

Temple can't even attract 20,000 to south Philly!xlolx

EastCoastGriz1
December 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM
FRIDAY NIGHT RATINGS

Program Net Time Viewers (000) 18-49 Rating
Gold Rush DISC 9:00 PM 4650 1.8
WWE FRI NIGHT Smackdown SYFY 8:00 PM 3238 1.0
For Better Or Worse TBSC 10:30 PM 2355 1.0
For Better Or Worse TBSC 10:00 PM 2142 0.9
FOUR CHRISTMASES TNT 9:55 PM 1564 0.7
DINERS, DRIVE INS & DIVES FOOD 10:00 PM 1625 0.6
HOUSE OF PAYNE TBSC 9:30 PM 1606 0.6
Flying Wild Alaska DISC 10:01 PM 1987 0.6
INVENTION USA HIST 10:30 PM 1379 0.6
HOUSE OF PAYNE TBSC 9:00 PM 1430 0.5
JESSIE DSNY 9:00 PM 4009 0.5
AROUND THE HORN ESPN 5:00 PM 994 0.5
SANTA CLAUS/COMING TO TWN FAM 7:00 PM 1567 0.5
BEETHOVENS CHRISTMAS ADV. DSNY 6:50 PM 2951 0.5
Wipeout TRU 9:00 PM 1048 0.4
A.N.T. FARM DSNY 8:30 PM 3053 0.4
Say Yes to the Dress: BIG TLC 9:30 PM 1269 0.4
SANCTUARY SYFY 10:00 PM 1505 0.4
Fashion Police Weekly ENT 10:30 PM 867 0.4
NCAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS L ESPN 8:00 PM 1380 0.4
GHOST ADVENTURES TRAV 9:00 PM 769 0.4
AMERICAS Most Wanted LIF 9:00 PM 1236 0.3

Kabooom
December 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Lakes,

Do you have a problem with size? What are you ?..About 4 inches?

Fargo is a pretty cool place....Nice size just the way it is....Having another 10 McDonalds fast food joints, and aspiring to be like another Winnepeg is not a good thing.

F.Y.I...Going through life ignorant, fat , and never getting away from the same feed lot...is no way to go through life...Son..

Carry on.

Cleets
December 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA

LakesBison
December 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Youre an idiot. STFU, its a JOKE that we arent on E S P N !

Lakes,

Do you have a problem with size? What are you ?..About 4 inches?

Fargo is a pretty cool place....Nice size just the way it is....Having another 10 McDonalds fast food joints, and aspiring to be like another Winnepeg is not a good thing.

F.Y.I...Going through life ignorant, fat , and never getting away from the same feed lot...is no way to go through life...Son..

Carry on.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM

What's even funnier for you is that they moved graduation to the BSA anyway.

Kabooom
December 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by LakesBison

Gee Lakes....If the Bison are able to beat Georgia Southern, and advance to the Championship Game, and ESPN decides to put the game on ESPN2........You gonnnna be ok?....Or will you still be all Puffy and Sore? Maybe a little less Velveta..on the bratwurst?

Fargo will be just fine...and NDSU will not even blink if that's the case..

Lakes??...Not so sure...

Maybe all of us could chip in to get Lakes a NEW McDonalds Franchise near his neighborhood..

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM

Gee Lakes....If the Bison are able to beat Georgia Southern, and advance to the Championship Game, and ESPN decides to put the game on ESPN2........You gonnnna be ok?....Or will you still be all Puffy and Sore? Maybe a little less Velveta..on the bratwurst?

Lakes??...Not so sure...

Maybe all of us could chip in to get Lakes a NEW McDonalds Franchise near his neighborhood..

he's at least 43 miles from the closest McDonald's, that can't be right.

Kabooom
December 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM

....Pooor Guy. McDonalds really needs to step up, and build one. Even if Lakes doesn't live in an area condusive to McDonald's stringent demographic area size requirements, we all know the dude deserves the nutritious quality of the Famed Golden Arches. I'm sure McDonalds would make an exception to their business model for a grease unit in his hood.....and I'm not talking about one of the little scrimp unit facilities that the one-ton tallow sludge truck only stops by once a week.. Were talking a Winnepeg size McDonalds that makes the closest McDonalds 43 miles away from Lakes look like the surface of a pinhead. It will also be equipped with its own Commercial Service Port that allows for Tallow Semi Truck easy access.

Just let em know it's for...Lakes...

Oh the Dream of Success..

Feel Free to Supersize it Lakes...The Corporation is depending on you.

Go Bison

GO GRIZ!

LakesBison
December 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Its like the ndsu admin said " oh no, we dont want to be on THE ESPN, no no, lets pre empetively tell them we have graduation and dont want to be on friday night" "we dont want to be THAT BIGTIME, then people will actually want us to work harder to make it bigger"

how can you even justify that.

LakesBison
December 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I have a great idea.

why didnt they keep the game FRI NIGHT on ESPN and SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 744 graduates that are eligible to walk (so about 400 maximum)

then at halftime, instead of the band playing lady gaga again, they could say

"WELCOME NDSU GRADUATE'S" Amber Allenson, Andrea Anderson , Aubrey Andrews

bearkat pride
December 14th, 2011, 06:03 PM
espn is going to air the game that is going to get there advertisers the most views, simple as that. do you think there is some kind of conspiracy to not show the game on espn and espn 2?

new mexico bowl will get more viewers
temple at texas will get more viewers
indiana at ND will get more viewers
potato bowl will get more viewers
syracuse at nc state will get more viewers
womens ncaa volleyball championship will even get more viewers
new orleans bowl will get more viewers
new mexico at osu will get more viewers

get over it, espn isnt going to loose profits to appease you.

FurmanWins!!
December 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
espn is going to air the game that is going to get there advertisers the most views, simple as that. do you think there is some kind of conspiracy to not show the game on espn and espn 2?

new mexico bowl will get more viewers
temple at texas will get more viewers
indiana at ND will get more viewers
potato bowl will get more viewers
syracuse at nc state will get more viewers
womens ncaa volleyball championship will even get more viewers
new orleans bowl will get more viewers
new mexico at osu will get more viewers

get over it, espn isnt going to loose profits to appease you.

You are missing the entire point anyways, this is going to be a really cool game in the dome, which is why it sucks that the FCS won't get to properly showcase itself on one of the regular ESPN channels, because that would in turn build more interest for future playoff games and allow those pointless type games you listed seem less exciting to watch down the road, that is all ;)

eaglewraith
December 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
You are missing the entire point anyways, this is going to be a really cool game in the dome, which is why it sucks that the FCS won't get to properly showcase itself on one of the regular ESPN channels, because that would in turn build more interest for future playoff games and allow those pointless type games you listed seem less exciting to watch down the road, that is all ;)

You need someone that will promote the FCS, not just show it. ESPN has the platform, they just see it as a meaningless sport.

Vitojr130
December 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Exactly. Wasn't much else to talk about after we started dismembering the kitties from the MVFC.
You can thank NDSU for that. Rennie has been playing completely different since he was injured in the NDSU/UNI game. From what I saw, he did NOT play as good as he has in the second half of the season as he did during the first.

Kabooom
December 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Kabooom

Gee Lakes....If the Bison are able to beat Georgia Southern, and advance to the Championship Game, and ESPN decides to put the game on ESPNU........You gonnnna be ok?....Or will you still be all Puffy and Sore? Maybe a little less Velveta..on the bratwurst?

Lakes??...Not so sure...

xconfusedxI thinks one of ya need ta head up to the lake , and check up on Lakes...xbawlingx

You might want to sneek off with his guns for the weekendxthumbsupxxxmasx....and kindly return them until after his ESPNU Rant has ended.

Maybe also send over some Holliday Cheer....(Couple of Quarter Pounders) with the Ronald McDonald dude from Fargo's Premiere Flagship Franchise up to Lakes in a big red tundra sled. Ronald would be more than happy to discuss demographics and statistics , and the obvious hurdles in the way to building more quality Golden Arch Resturaunts in his geographical eating area. He will also fully explain to Lakes ..why NDSU hasn't been invited to the BIG TEN yet....

Hey ESPN, Thanks for putting both games on the tube for us all to watch! Heck, I'd even be willing to watch the Grizzlies on espnU. Heck, I'd even feel lucky to watch them on KPAX!xrotatehxxxmasx

Go Bison!
GO GRIZ!
Go ESPN!
Go Ronald!
Go Red Sled!!......., with burgers...on Donner.. go Vixen!.xxmasx

LakesBison
December 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
ronald mcdonald is smart enough to NOT request saturday espnu

jcu27
December 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
The fact that you misspelled two words and incorrectly used “is” instead of “are” since your subject was plural don't exactly help your case.

He also put you're instead of your.

"You are grammar and spelling is embarrassing."

LakesBison
December 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
blow ronald mcdonald who cares im not writing a freakin book for a pulitizer prize here.

EmeraldCityBison
December 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Ummm, not quite. Misspelled yes. But use of "is" is correct.

/Grammar police

TheRevSFA
December 15th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Ummm, not quite. Misspelled yes. But use of "is" is correct.

/Grammar police

Doesn't

bearkat pride
December 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
wells aints we a bunches of anglish techers...

Ivytalk
December 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
This TV schedule sucks - I guess I'll have to tape the GSU-NDSU game. As a Temple alum I'll be watching the New Mexico Bowl LIVE.

You and about 25 others!:D