Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM
LU @ NDSU ATTENDANCE: 18,111 xthumbsupx record attendance 19,053
UNI @ UM ATTENDANCE: 23,049 xthumbsupx record attendance 26,066
Maine @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 12,886 xsmhx record attendance 25,725
MSU @ SHSU ATTENDANCE: 9,077 xeyebrowx record attendance 16,148

Squealofthepig
December 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Is SHSU under-reported? The stands looked pretty full, and I know the stadium is smaller, but it appeared to have more than 9k there.

Apologies to my fellow Griz fans, as a stomach flu yesterday kept us from being a more even 23,050!

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Is SHSU under-reported? The stands looked pretty full, and I know the stadium is smaller, but it appeared to have more than 9k there.

Apologies to my fellow Griz fans, as a stomach flu yesterday kept us from being a more even 23,050!

Im starting to think under reporting is code for: "we inflate our regular season numbers so we as fans cannot accurately judge how many people are in a stadium."

If attendance is part of the NCAA's final paycheck under reporting would be fraud. Although schools pay players and coaches rape little boys... maybe committing fraud over a box score number isn't that unbelivable.

Squealofthepig
December 11th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks for adding record attendance. That makes me proud to be a Griz fan, and happy to see NDSU represent well. GSU, SHSU... wtf?

Tod
December 11th, 2011, 02:20 AM
I was at the Griz/UNI game and I've never done this, but...bull****! We (my brother, wife, daughters, etc.) were commenting at the game, we noticed that we'd NEVER seen the Majestic Plaza (second level) as full as it was on Friday night. Never! Now, with a capacity of 25,217, I can see if they'd said that there were 25,000 there. But they claim that 10% of the seats were empty? NO WAY! Just no way!

I'll accept the UCA crowd number, at just over 22,000. It was obvious that there were some empty seats. But the UNI game? Lies! No way.

Eaglesrus
December 11th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Strange thing about our game is that there were very obviously more people there yesterday than last week but the number reported is lower, albeit not much. Not a good showing in either case, however.

darell1976
December 11th, 2011, 05:57 AM
18,111?? I thought sro was going for 50 bucks on craigslist as reported by Lakes, and yet the dome was not a complete sellout? I guess for some Bison fans the NDSU-ASU basketball game was more important.

semobison
December 11th, 2011, 07:58 AM
18,111?? I thought sro was going for 50 bucks on craigslist as reported by Lakes, and yet the dome was not a complete sellout? I guess for some Bison fans the NDSU-ASU basketball game was more important.

Great day to be a Bison! Great crowd yesterday!...Was there any special need for this comment? Like I told you before, everybody here knows Lakes is FOS! Give it a rest, its sunday morning!

darell1976
December 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Great day to be a Bison! Great crowd yesterday!...Was there any special need for this comment? Like I told you before, everybody here knows Lakes is FOS! Give it a rest, its sunday morning!

Just every week he posts his $50 Craigslist SRO seats and 20,000 at the dome, and every week its barely over 18,000 (which is great IMO). Just a little smack towards him. No offense to other Bison fans.

No_Skill
December 11th, 2011, 09:22 AM
If you feel the need to needle lakes, do it in a pm or take it to that toilet cs.com. It makes you look like a whiney douche.

If you are a whiney douche...carry on.

darell1976
December 11th, 2011, 09:28 AM
If you feel the need to needle lakes, do it in a pm or take it to that toilet cs.com. It makes you look like a whiney douche.

If you are a whiney douche...carry on.

So Bison fans can raz other fans up (check out 26 in the basketball thread...talk about a douche), but no one can do it to Bison fans. Whatever.

Dallas Demon
December 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Sam always over-reports during the regular season, but obviously is way-underreporting now in the playoffs. The stadium seats 14K. A pan of the stadium looked nearly full on TV. I suspect there is someting going on here. I would hope that NCAA representatives would do a little auditing. Looks like NDSU and Montana are reporting accurately, or pretty close after watching their games on TV/Internet.

Blue Eagle
December 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Maine @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 12,886

Having been one of "the more than 12,886" that number is a joke!

FurmanWins!!
December 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I am pretty certain that GSU and other SoCon teams do not include students in their playoff attendance figures, and never have, I could be wrong but that is my observation over the years.

johnson
December 11th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Standing room only were the only tickets left that were available to the general public. The Gold Star Marching Band etc. etc. are not counted in the final total.

johnson
December 11th, 2011, 10:41 AM
NDSU total attendance 2011: 145,176*
UND total attendance 2011: 47,045

*NDSU vs. GSU not included in totals

Sam_Kats
December 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Sam underreports all year.

Phrebert
December 11th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Sam underreports all year.

Yup its hard to count with people sitting on the grass...

patssle
December 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Why are we even comparing Sam to places like NDSU and UM? SHSU has Texas A&M 50 miles away and the 4th largest city 30 miles away. What does Missoula have within 300 miles?

Reverse our geographical locations, Sam would probably be pulling in a ton more too. It's just what happens when you are vs. you aren't the only game around.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Why are we even comparing Sam to places like NDSU and UM? SHSU has Texas A&M 50 miles away and the 4th largest city 30 miles away. What does Missoula have within 300 miles?

Reverse our geographical locations, Sam would probably be pulling in a ton more too. It's just what happens when you are vs. you aren't the only game around.

There is also about 1/10th of the population to choose from. It's all relative, bro.

patssle
December 11th, 2011, 12:37 PM
There is also about 1/10th of the population to choose from. It's all relative, bro.

Except it doesn't matter if your population is 10 billion and they all grow up worshipping Texas and Texas A&M football. Versus .1 million farmers worshipping the local football team in Fargo.

Blue Eagle
December 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I am pretty certain that GSU and other SoCon teams do not include students in their playoff attendance figures, and never have, I could be wrong but that is my observation over the years.

That would explain the attendance figures.

SeattleGriz
December 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM
The question I have, is can a University comp tickets and then report only the ones they have sold? That would make sense as to why the stadium looks fuller than reported. If you don't charge for the ticket, there is no need to report it as attendance?

kdinva
December 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
That would explain the attendance figures.
still makes no sense.........attendance means warm bodies in the stadium, stupid to subtract students and other freebies/discounted tickets in the figure reported.

FargoBison
December 11th, 2011, 12:45 PM
The question I have, is can a University comp tickets and then report only the ones they have sold? That would make sense as to why the stadium looks fuller than reported. If you don't charge for the ticket, there is no need to report it as attendance?

I think you are right, only tickets sold count.

katstrapper
December 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
LU @ NDSU ATTENDANCE: 18,111 xthumbsupx record attendance 19,053
UNI @ UM ATTENDANCE: 23,049 xthumbsupx record attendance 26,066
Maine @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 12,886 xsmhx record attendance 25,725
MSU @ SHSU ATTENDANCE: 9,077 xeyebrowx record attendance 16,148

SHSU is under-reporting. That crowd was 12k yesterday.

Eaglesrus
December 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM

I've also heard speculation related to GSU and playoff attendance that since student tickets are $5.00, but everyone else pays $25.00, it takes 5 students to count as 1. Doesn't seem plausible to me, but from being in the stadium for all home games it certainly appears that we have under-reported playoff games for a while. Again, our attendance was disappointing the last two games, but didn't seem as bad as the numbers published.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know. Everybody is speculating about underreporting by large amounts. If NDSU underreported, it couldn't have been by more than a few hundred because that place is always full and couldn't hold many more.

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
So Bison fans can raz other fans up (check out 26 in the basketball thread...talk about a douche), but no one can do it to Bison fans. Whatever.

Darell, why won't the UND Sioux, I mean the UND....Floodriders? Fighting Canucks? Flickertails and put the pink back in your jerseys? Gotta help me out, what is your nickname? But back to the point - Why won't UND play the Bison anymore? Thanks to UND quitting last decade and afraid to play a D-1AA school, the NDSU-UND rivalry is no longer the longest running rivalry in college football. Army/Navy has surpassed it with 112 games. We had 110 games until the "Team formally known as Sioux" played their Pansy card. When the UND Athletics Department finally pulls their head out and schedules NDSU, just make sure that you bring the appropriate uniforms for the game...don't forget your skirts!

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I think you are right, only tickets sold count.

Our (App's) students got playoff tickets comped this year... if you are right... they weren't counted.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM

People buy tickets = sellout

People don't walk through the door with said ticket = not counted.

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Oh darell you love me and you know it.

SeattleGriz
December 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Our (App's) students got playoff tickets comped this year... if you are right... they weren't counted.

Yeah, I brought this up elsewhere. So everyone who thinks their university is under reporting (skimming money) is telling me the NCAA doesn't care about money? If there is under reporting going on, it is because revenue was not received for the ticket. If you dare mess with the NCAA, your are one stupid school.

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
We'll see this weekend. The best ticket available on the sidelines in the Fargodome is a single seat on the end in the top row (section 30, row KK).

No_Skill
December 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Darell, why won't the UND Sioux, I mean the UND....Floodriders? Fighting Canucks? Flickertails and put the pink back in your jerseys? Gotta help me out, what is your nickname? But back to the point - Why won't UND play the Bison anymore? Thanks to UND quitting last decade and afraid to play a D-1AA school, the NDSU-UND rivalry is no longer the longest running rivalry in college football. Army/Navy has surpassed it with 112 games. We had 110 games until the "Team formally known as Sioux" played their Pansy card. When the UND Athletics Department finally pulls their head out and schedules NDSU, just make sure that you bring the appropriate uniforms for the game...don't forget your skirts!

...Lehigh v Lafayette is at like 148 or some ridiculous number

Wilson16
December 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I brought this up elsewhere. So everyone who thinks their university is under reporting (skimming money) is telling me the NCAA doesn't care about money? If there is under reporting going on, it is because revenue was not received for the ticket. If you dare mess with the NCAA, your are one stupid school.

See UND :)

Wilson16
December 11th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Except it doesn't matter if your population is 10 billion and they all grow up worshipping Texas and Texas A&M football. Versus .1 million farmers worshipping the local football team in Fargo.

Why don't they grow up worshiping the Scardekats??

darell1976
December 11th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Oh darell you love me and you know it.

Its true.xhighfivex

danefan
December 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
All I know is that every game looked great on TV. In fact every game except the JMU at EKU has been great.

Great pub for FCS football.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Reading you all complain about the thought of only be reported at 9k or 12k makes me laugh considering what we had when we hosted the quarterfinals. 2,661. Count your blessings folks

bearkat pride
December 12th, 2011, 12:07 AM
its not that sam under reports, they simply dont check tickets alot of the time. ive been to many many games, yet i have never bought/picked up a ticket. it seems like as soon as the game starts they stop checking tickets and alot of the students finish up at the tailgate and walk right into the front gate.