PDA

View Full Version : For Your Entertainment...Coaching Moves / Best and Worst

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
As a fan and gleeful spectator I feel compelled to comment on what I've seen from the FCS Brain Trust so far... None of this is fair nor is it intended to be taken seriously; this is for entertainment value only - it's not intended to offend - it's for fun...

I'll call this segment:
Worst Coaching Moves of the Playoff so far

At Number one worst coaching move so far
1) Was it Cecchini's or Coen's call when Lehigh removed from the game arguably the best pure QB in all of FCS for not one gadget play but two (and in the red zone) resulting in what ultimately amounted to the end of the game. It's a damn shame too because Lummy had been taking a beating just to get his team into scoring position and probably earned the right to finish that drive… That will reverberate through the hallways for a week or two.

Second worst
2) Brian Wright’s (Montana State Bobcats Offensive coordinator and QB Coach) inexplicable play selection – So befuddling that even the game announcers felt compelled to point it out… At one point I was like - Does this guy have money on Sam Houston..? (It was that bad) To be fair there were probably some defensive queues that should have prompted QB audibles from DeNarius McGhee … But (Hello) Wright is also the QB coach so he’s accountable at some level for that too… By all appearances he was trying to run out the clock, except there was 25 minutes of football left and the Bobcats did not have the lead, one person I know said “I was expecting him to have McGhee take a knee on second down there in the middle of the third quarter”. All-in-all a bad day for Mr. Wright , They had their fan base screaming in outrage and the announcers scratching their heads… as one of my friends said: “It’s one thing to get beat but it’s a whole other thing to appear incompetent.” I think that about sums that up…

Third Worst
3) Old Dominions coach Bobby Wilder announcing that it's been over 20 years since Georgia Southern was competitive. Queue up the record scratching sound - I spit coffee on my computer screen when I saw that little video clip. Wilder is a Head coach for crying out loud, file that under the moniker Stuff he should already know about his next opponent, I can hear the conversation now. “So who is this Georgia Southern team I keep hearing about?” Oh, you know… They're only the most highly decorated organization in all of FCS... Perhaps no big deal but Wilder couldn’t stop there so he decided to put a cherry on top of that gaff and throw a complete in-game tantrum on the sidelines – for good measure it was in front of his players the officials and the cameras (excellent) The Youtube replays are Awesome…

Tune in later for: Best Coaching Moves

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Worst would have to be W&M's Laycock sticking with Mike Paulus at QB for the first 4 games through his abysmal performances to cost the Tribe a chance at the National Championship.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Worst would have to be W&M's Laycock sticking with Mike Paulus at QB for the first 4 games through his abysmal performances to cost the Tribe a chance at the National Championship.

Sorry, just read this is for 'playoffs'... respectfully withdraw my submission, sir.

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Letting Brian Quick's senior season go to waste by not getting him the ball nearly enough.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Letting Brian Quick's senior season go to waste by not getting him the ball nearly enough.

I write up some of my best material, and you lay that turd out there...
Buck-up Q-bert and get funny - you're frightening the kids

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 11:59 PM
#1 has gotta be whoever pulled Lum out today. I'm sorry, the kid's flat-out awesome, and pulling him is never going to get anyone to confuse you with Knutte Rockney. (And PS, I really am pulling for Lum to get the Peyton Award)

I'll collectively nominate the coaches at Southern Utah, South Dakota State and Sacramento State for having the most difficult teams to get a read on. All of these teams had at least one incredibly good win - and one incredibly bad loss.