PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Georgia Southern - Semifinals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
All right, let's start this s**t up. Should be a good game (and a good thread).

This will be the toughest game NDSU has played in years. Probably tougher than any FBS team we've ever played.

LET THE CONVERSATION BEGIN!!!!!

Apphole
December 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
GaSo by 14+

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
GaSo by 14+

Lol

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I thing GSU will be in for a rude awakening. NDSU has already shut down 2 Payton finalists and last time I checked, they didn't have any of them in Statesboro.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
GaSo by 14+

You're off your mountainside rocker! Pull your head out of your app! Close game but Bison win.

gsu1moretime
December 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
yes but we do not need a walter payton award finalist. we have multiple weapons.. and you can't stop them all

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM
yes but we do not need a walter payton award finalist. we have multiple weapons.. and you can't stop them all

14.7 PPG scoring defense. Just blanked an offense averaging 35 PPG. GSU is averaging 37 PPG.

So it appears you will score 2 pts against NDSU

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM
The Bison D will stop most of them and our turf monster will clean up the rest.

BTW, you have 2 less National Championships...you sure you want to brag about your 6?

semobison
December 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM
This could be a classic....thread that is!

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Karma. Lol.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
The Bison D will stop most of them and our turf monster will clean up the rest.

BTW, you have 2 less National Championships...you sure you want to brag about your 6?
Don't you know that d2 championships aren't real.

X-Factor
December 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
GaSo by 14+

Why am i not surprised by this. See sig. 34-13 was it? We all know your a tool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
14.7 PPG scoring defense. Just blanked an offense averaging 35 PPG. GSU is averaging 37 PPG.

Without half the dynamic duo that was that entire offense.

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM

They're just an iiiiiilllllluuuuusioooonnnn.......

LUBrewCrew
December 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM

I love that you have AGS Quotes in your signature.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Says the boy from Grand Forks where UND never won a National Title and still, somehow, has been granted to play FCS football...Are you still scared to play tbe Bison for the Nickel?

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I heard GSU bought out the game and will play Savannah State instead.

ccd494
Unless NDSU has seen the triple this season, I don't think they can put in a defense that will slow down Georgia Southern in just a week. Maine went from giving up 3 yards rushing against App to giving up 360 against GSU. NDSU is gonna need to score and score a lot.

mtbigdog
I'll put my money on NoDak. Looking forward to playing in the final game with you!xthumbsupx

Twentysix
Says the boy from Grand Forks where UND never won a National Title and still, somehow, has been granted to play FCS football...Are you still scared to play tbe Bison for the Nickel?

He is a pretty good bison fan, realize the sarcasm in his post.

MplsBison
I just want to know how large of a buyout off GSoU is prepared to make this time.

Oh that's right, you can't buyout of a playoff game.

Tod

Yes, because that's exactly how it works! xrotatehx

Should be a good game, but I'm taking GSU in this one.

NC - Griz and Eagles. The UM revenge tour continues, going all the way back to 2000 this time! xcoolx

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Unless NDSU has seen the triple this season, I don't think they can put in a defense that will slow down Georgia Southern in just a week. Maine went from giving up 3 yards rushing against App to giving up 360 against GSU. NDSU is gonna need to score and score a lot.

NDSU ran the triple option for more than 2 decades. Our HC has played against and played with it.

LUBrewCrew
Is the tourney on National TV from here on out?

TheBisonator

NDSU is gonna score boatloads. Problem is that GSU is also gonna score boatloads. We're gonna have to outscore them.

frozennorth
Without half the dynamic duo that was that entire offense.

Lehigh was at a huge advantage with only 10 guys on the field.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Doublepost

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2011, 06:41 PM
If NDSU wants to win next week then they need to open up the roof.

Seriously... that's your best chance.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2011, 06:41 PM
19???!!!!!!

Just checked the roster. They should be the NDSU Mercenaries! 19 kids from in-state on the roster. Looking forward to the game and I'm glad to make the trip if ya'll raise the funds for me.

Apphole
December 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM

We all know your an idiot. We shall see this weekend. This will be the Stink's easiest game of the playoffs so far.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
NDSU ran the triple option for more than 2 decades. Our HC has played against and played with it.

Great! Now... about the players, cause that's what counts.

LUBrewCrew
December 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Doublepost

I don't think that's fair, fn. I think that losing an All-American WR on short notice does mean something. Not taking away from your victory, but I can't help but think that we would have been more formidable with RS.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Ya'll are gonna learn about being careful what you wish for.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM

UND would get hammered into oblivion. Not a serious football program, only the butthockies.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Cause you are buying out the game again? xlolx

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM

Zing..!!! xawesomex

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM

I'm sure montana will show ndsu the business in frisco.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Have any of your players played against it? The coach can tell them whatever he wants it is whether the players can execute the game plan. It will be tougher than you NDSU fans think.

I am not saying NDSU can't or won't win. It is just your cocky *** fans that rub people the wrong way. Just assuming you are going to throttle what is the #3 team in the country. Lehigh and JMU are no where near the class that GSU is. Heck, I am not sure UNI is in the same class as GSU.

This should be a whale of a game.

LUBrewCrew
December 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM
What are people referring to when they talk about "buying out the game"?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM

GSU and NDSU had a home and home which NDSU went to Statesboro and tattooed GSU, they bought out the game in Fargo this year.

Twentysix
Have any of your players played against it? The coach can tell them whatever he wants it is whether the players can execute the game plan. It will be tougher than you NDSU fans think.

I am not saying NDSU can't or won't win. It is just your cocky *** fans that rub people the wrong way. Just assuming you are going to throttle what is the #3 team in the country. Lehigh and JMU are no where near the class that GSU is. Heck, I am not sure UNI is in the same class as GSU.

UNI has one of the cockiest fanbases in the FCS, and you have been playing in it forever(FCS) with 0 NC's. Go look in a mirror purple.

frozennorth
Georgia southern was too chicken**** to return the second half of a home and home so they played tusculum instead.

Tod
December 10th, 2011, 06:49 PM
19???!!!!!!

Just checked the roster. They should be the NDSU Mercenaries! 19 kids from in-state on the roster. Looking forward to the game and I'm glad to make the trip if ya'll raise the funds for me.

Oh, yeah?!! Well, I just checked the GSU roster, and you only have, like, 90 kids from Georgia! Oh, wait...:o

;)

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 06:49 PM
GSU and NDSU had a home and home which NDSU went to Statesboro and tattooed GSU, they bought out the game in Fargo this year.

So GSU gave NDSU money not to come to Fargo?

X-Factor
December 10th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Should be a whale of a game! ;)

gsu1moretime
we did not play tusculum instead .. we were supposed to play costal carolina and they pulled out on us...

eaglesrthe1

Y'all should be thanking Sam Baker for buying out that game. Seriously, think about it. With an additional loss for NDSU, the seedings would at a minimum at least have been switched.... NDSU would now be traveling to Statesboro, and your asses would have been handed to you TWICE in the same year by the Eagles.

Send SB a Christmas card

Sam Baker
6X Champ Rd
Statesboro, GA

PS. I hear he's moving next door in about a month.

X-Factor
December 10th, 2011, 06:51 PM
So GSU gave NDSU money not to come to Fargo?

That is correct

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Y'all should be thanking Sam Baker for buying out that game. Seriously, think about it. With an additional loss for NDSU, the seedings would at a minimum at least have been switched.... NDSU would now be traveling to Statesboro, and your asses would have been handed to you TWICE in the same year by the Eagles.

Send SB a Christmas card

Sam Baker
6X Champ Rd
Statesboro, GA

Or with that win we could have had the #1 seed and GSU would have been unseeded like wofford and app and would already have been knocked out of the playoffs.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM

Our former president from St Cloud, MN scheduled the idiotic series with NDSU in 2006. We wanted a 6th home game and bought out the game scheduled against them this year in November 2010 and scheduled Presbyterian at home. Some of their fans have claimed it's because GSU is "afraid" to play them when we just saw no reason to travel 1500 miles and lose $100,000.

NoDak 4 Ever
Oh, yeah?!! Well, I just checked the GSU roster, and you only have, like, 90 kids from Georgia! Oh, wait...:o

;)

Population of Georgia - 9.6 Million
Population of North Dakota - 670,000

MplsBison
19???!!!!!!

How many from MN, WI and dakotas?

Probably the more important thing: how many of GSoU's players had offers from BCS conference schools? I'm guessing it's close to the same as NDSU's players, none.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Send SB a Christmas card

Sam Baker
6X Champ Rd
Statesboro, GA

Except you may have lost that game

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
How many from MN, WI and dakotas?

Probably the more important thing: how many of GSoU's players had offers from BCS conference schools? I'm guessing it's close to the same as NDSU's players, none.

Lots of Washington and California on Montana's roster.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2011, 06:54 PM

GSoU had a chance to come to Fargo in September this year, when temps were much nicer. Now any GSoU fan who wants to watch the last game of his team's 2011 season will have to (literally) freeze his/her rear end off.

It's called karma.

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 06:54 PM

We'll come up there but only if we get reimbursed for the tennis shoes and elbow pads.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Why are you guys still complaining about us buying out of the game? You ended up with a lower-tier NEC team and we ended up with a DII team, which is apparently the difference-maker that got NDSU the #2 seed while we got the #3.

NoDak 4 Ever
We'll come up there but only if we get reimbursed for the tennis shoes and elbow pads.

OK but you have to buy your own "feminine hygiene" products

Twentysix

Don't be pussies, play barefoot and barearmed.

sgt smash
December 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM

Any given Saturday my friend. Youngstown State beat NDSU. App beat GSU. The Citadel played GSU to a close game. It's about two good teams showing up and playing their game. The one who plays thiers better wins.

bullitt_60
I'll put my money on NoDak. Looking forward to playing in the final game with you!xthumbsupx

I'm looking forward to a repeat of the 2000 championship.

Twentysix
Why are you guys still complaining about us buying out of the game? You ended up with a lower-tier NEC team and we ended up with a DII team, which is apparently the difference-maker that got NDSU the #2 seed while we got the #3.

Haha no. We won our FBS game, and we didn't play a D2. Toghether that put NDSU over you. Doesn't matter how good the FBS team you played is if you lose. Moral Victories do not merit seeds.

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I don't wanna hear any talk from GSU fans this week about travelling to a small town, or "the middle of nowhere" for the game. F-M population: 209,000 Statesboro population: 29,000

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
OK but you have to buy your own "feminine hygiene" products

haha... I knew that was coming as soon as I typed "pads" and hit reply.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Haha no. We won our FBS game, and we didn't play a D2. Toghether that put NDSU over you. Doesn't matter how good the FBS team you played is if you lose.

FBS losses don't hurt teams. You played a Big Ten doormat while we played a team in the BCS national championship game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM
haha... I knew that was coming as soon as I typed "pads" and hit reply.

All kidding aside. The word was JMU bought 4 grand worth of turf shoes to play in Fargo last weekend.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
FBS losses don't hurt teams. You played a Big Ten doormat while we played a team in the BCS national championship game.

Beating a Big 10 doormat is significantly better than beating a DII team.

eaglesrthe1
I don't wanna hear any talk from GSU fans this week about travelling to a small town, or "the middle of nowhere" for the game. F-M population: 209,000 Statesboro population: 29,000

Sorry, can only afford 1 long trip this close to Christmas. I'm saving it for Frisco.

It's not that Fargo is small... it's that it's on the frigging moon.

Twentysix

If both teams lost I would agree with you, but losing a game doesn't get you any points, winning them does.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM

They went 2-6 in the big 10. :P Ndsu stomped a desparate big 10 team, while georgia southern got to be a defacto bye week.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM
we did not play tusculum instead .. we were supposed to play costal carolina and they pulled out on us...

Pulled out? I did that twice in'06 with a cute GSU girl when I was in Statesboro to watch my Bison, in southern words, whoop y'alls a$$!

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Savannah population = 345k. It's just barely in the top 5 in Georgia. Fargo is the metropolis of nowhere.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry, can only afford 1 long trip this close to Christmas. I'm saving it for Frisco.

Much easier to get to fargo than stateborough.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Interesting dilemma.

Can only afford one trip and obviously you'd kill yourself if you missed the championship. But then again, your team wasn't good enough to earn the #2 seed or you wouldn't have this problem. Home field is everything in the playoffs.

So what's worse: missing the national championship because you could only afford one trip or missing the last game of your team's 2011 season because you were saving up for the championship and they lost?

GSU EAGLES

Send SB a Christmas card

Sam Baker
6X Champ Rd
Statesboro, GA

You can't leave us hanging there.....what do you mean there?

NoDak 4 Ever
Much easier to get to fargo than stateborough.

There's actually an airport that can land more than a crop duster in Fargo.

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
If both teams lost I would agree with you, but losing a game doesn't get you any points, winning them does.

I would totally agree with that. Even a doormat.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Savannah St obviously.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Savannah population = 345k. It's just barely in the top 5 in Georgia. Fargo is the metropolis of nowhere.

Your argument means that Fargo is a Minneapolis suburb. Last time I checked, they're a good distance apart...just like Savannah & Statesboro.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:12 PM

;) Learn some Geography!! Fargo is 1 MILE from MN border.. Obviously they are going to have alot of kids from MN..It is called common sense, which you obviously don't have.

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Your argument means that Fargo is a Minneapolis suburb. Last time I checked, they're a good distance apart...just like Savannah & Statesboro.

Savannah is like a 30-45min drive from Statesboro... not 4 hours.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Still, when the game was canceled you guys got an easy DI win and we got a DII game, and buyout money to boot.

TheBisonator

Mpls. is 3 and a half hours from Fargo. I have learned to drive the leg of I-94 b/w Mpls. and Fargo blindfolded, since I drove that stretch of road for so many years.

Cleets
Learn some Geography!! Fargo is 1 MILE from MN border.. Obviously they are going to have alot of kids from MN..It is called common sense, which you obviously don't have.

Looks like you've been stealing talent right out from under Nebraska's nose too..
More power to ya..!!!

bullitt_60
December 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
The thread is 9 pages in less than an hour. This should be good. I'm out, y'all have fun!

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:17 PM

It's like, how far? Like, it's so close, we can go to like, watch a movie and like, go to Outback since we don't like, have one in like, Statesboro.

gsu1moretime
December 10th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Game times for ESPNsemifinal broadcasts are 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16th (ESPN2/ESPN3) or 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17th. (ESPNU/ESPN3).

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
It's like, how far? Like, it's so close, we can go to like, watch a movie and like, go to Outback since we don't like, have one in like, Statesboro.

There's no Outback in Fargo either... :(

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Well from what I see. Savannah is about 54 miles from Statesboro. Given those generous parameters, one could include the communities of Wahpeton, Breckenridge, Grand Forks, Hillsboro, and East Grand Forks. Giving "Fargo" a population nearing 400,000.

When you have to get in a car and drive 50 miles to get to a Target, it ain't your town.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
The thread is 9 pages in less than an hour. This should be good. I'm out, y'all have fun!

Game of the year. Period. xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM

That's RIGHT! My mom used to live by the one that used to be there.

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Game times for ESPNsemifinal broadcasts are 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16th (ESPN2/ESPN3) or 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17th. (ESPNU/ESPN3).

PLEEEEEEEASE tell me the NDSU/GSU game is on Saturday......

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Since when? I ate there during my time at NDSU (class of 2000)

gsu1moretime
December 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I don't know about y'all we it out back on the porch all the time..

Twentysix
Said 9:30 pm et for friday on espn's tvlistings. That is super late..

Dgreenwell3
UNI has one of the cockiest fanbases in the FCS, and you have been playing in it forever(FCS) with 0 NC's. Go look in a mirror purple.

I have dealt with both Fanbases and I would give the cockiness crown to the ndsu bizon. You guys are good fans but lakes puts out more cockiness than the entire uni fanbase combined.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Since when? I ate there during my time at NDSU (class of 2000)

200x? 5 or 6 I think?

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I have dealt with both Fanbases and I would give the cockiness crown to the ndsu bizon. You guys are good fans but lakes puts out more cockiness than the entire uni fanbase combined.

If ISU-b warranted pantherhawk attention you would change your tune.

GSU1-A
December 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I really wanted Lehigh to win so we don't have to look at those god awful uniforms and lame Rec Center 'stadium'! I think NDSU deserves to be on this list: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/sports-all-time-ugliest-uniforms-gallery-1.53542

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Said 9:30 pm et for friday on espn's tvlistings. That is super late..

9:30 eastern (8:30 central) would work for me, I can catch most of the 2nd half if it's on Friday night.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I really wanted Lehigh to win so we don't have to look at those god awful uniforms and lame Rec Center 'stadium'! I think NDSU deserves to be on this list: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/sports-all-time-ugliest-uniforms-gallery-1.53542

Wow, that's stretching it. That rec center is one of the busiest concert and event venues in the upper midwest including concerts and Broadway shows.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
9:30 eastern (8:30 central) would work for me, I can catch most of the 2nd half if it's on Friday night.

Based on 9:30 et, I hope that means Friday night is UM/SHSU. That's a start time for UM fans of 7:30 MT.

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Based on 9:30 et, I hope that means Friday night is UM/SHSU. That's a start time for UM fans of 7:30 MT.

Here's another thing: Gene Taylor requested ESPN to have our game be on Saturday. SHSU's commencement is on Saturday, so it would be better for them to have their game Friday. NDSU's commencement is Friday, so it would be better served for them to have their game on Saturday.

Here's hoping for the best.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Why would espn give a **** about graduations? They arent in the business of representing colleges.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
GSoU had a chance to come to Fargo in September this year, when temps were much nicer. Now any GSoU fan who wants to watch the last game of his team's 2011 season will have to (literally) freeze his/her rear end off.

It's called karma.

Sooo....you have a dome but ya'll are too dumb to heat it? That's cool I guess.

I was expecting a balmy 70 degrees. No weather concerns, and a surface that makes us faster.

Should be fun.

GSU1-A
December 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
REAL football is played on Grass outside... Period... It saddens me to have to watch college football in an Arena. That's Blasphemous in the south!

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Set an appointment with the optometrist (GSU fans, that's the eye doctor). #13 picture showed two-colored uniforms with player numbers on their helmets.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
REAL football is played on Grass outside... Period... It saddens me to have to watch college football in an Arena. That's Blasphemous in the south!

Deodorant and toothpaste is blasphemous to the south. Think about it sparky, grass wouldn't grow all that well without a multimillion dollar heating system underneath. Bring your candy-*** up to Fargo and tailgate for a few hours, you'll be begging to go inside.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:40 PM

Even if we played outside, there is no way we'd play on grass. We have a little something called winter up here in the upper Midwest.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM

You feel the same way about the Georgia Dome for the dirty birds?

GSU1-A
December 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Lambeau Field ? You guys are *(*&)(*&^. LOL

GSU1-A
December 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM
You feel the same way about the Georgia Dome for the dirty birds?

Yep... Pro Football is crap compared to College Football...

MplsBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Sooo....you have a dome but ya'll are too dumb to heat it? That's cool I guess.

I was expecting a balmy 70 degrees. No weather concerns, and a surface that makes us faster.

Should be fun.

It won't make you faster if none of your players have ever played on it in college. It truly is a terrible surface.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
REAL football is played on Grass outside... Period... It saddens me to have to watch college football in an Arena. That's Blasphemous in the south!.. Hmmm. GA dome played inside on artifical surface...

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Lambeau Field ? You guys are *(*&)(*&^. LOL

The Packers probably spend what would be our football budget on turf maintenance. Grass is not a practical surface this far north.

gsu1moretime
December 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Falcons plan on building out door stadium .. It is in the works.. with real grass and all..

GSU1-A
December 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
.. Hmmm. GA dome played inside on artifical surface...

Yep... Pro Football is crap compared to College Football...

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
It won't make you faster if none of your players have ever played on it in college. It truly is a terrible surface.

All you need is good shoes. Plenty of teams have played on that kind of surface and been fine.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Yep... Pro Football is crap compared to College Football... They play SEC championship at GA dome...

stevdock
December 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Really?? I figured you guys are pretty close to that Georgia Dome thing?? Last I checked they play a few football games in there.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
It won't make you faster if none of your players have ever played on it in college. It truly is a terrible surface... We always hear that our surface will make their team faster, but last weeks that hasn't happnened.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Well at least GSU will be the last team to ever play on the Fargodome's astroturf surface...

GSU Eagle
December 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Big time looking forward to this game. THE endless talk of the buyout will give GSU a great deal of motivation to show NDSU what GSU football (real football, not that crap of Van Gorder) is all about.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2011, 08:05 PM

LOL, I know you want me to say he's leaving... but I was just implying that he would be moving to 7x Champ Rd, as in 7 times NC for the Eagles.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Big time looking forward to this game. THE endless talk of the buyout will give GSU a great deal of motivation to show NDSU what GSU football (real football, not that crap of Van Gorder) is all about.

I'm sure the players care deeply about some message board trolling.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 08:22 PM
.. We always hear that our surface will make their team faster, but last weeks that hasn't happnened.

That's because you haven't played a team with great team speed yet. That's the difference.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
That's because you haven't played a team with great team speed yet. That's the difference.

Well that is officially the one thousandth time we've heard that since joining the FCS.....

Eagle22
December 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM

In the 1998 semifinals, we faced a WIU team that through 13 games allowed just 9 points a game, and had surrendered zero passing touchdowns all season. We passed for 4 TD's that day enroute to scoring 48 points.

One never knows what will happen.

Should be a great game. Wish I could make the trip.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Well that is officially the one thousandth time we've heard that since joining the FCS.....

Believe what you want. This team you're about to face will be the best one you've played since your transition.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Believe what you want. This team you're about to face will be the best one you've played since your transition.

That may be true, but lets not act like NDSU will be any slouch for GSU...

Should be a great game!

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
That may be true, but lets not act like NDSU will be any slouch for GSU...

Should be a great game!

Not saying that they are. I expect it to be a fight. I think we've got more in the tank though.

Your defense is the one that's really going to have the difficult part. Getting ready in 3 days for an offense you never see is hard. I know Bohl has experience with it....but Nick Saban knows how to coach defense and he had a hard time getting his players to stop all aspects of it. Plus there's no way you can simulate the speed we operate at in your practices. Your offense is tough, but not too far outside the realm of what we've seen all year. We just have to play tough, but it's not foreign concepts to us like defending the option will be for you.

Here's to hoping we run for 300-400.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Not saying that they are. I expect it to be a fight. I think we've got more in the tank though.

Your defense is the one that's really going to have the difficult part. Getting ready in 3 days for an offense you never see is hard. I know Bohl has experience with it....but Nick Saban knows how to coach defense and he had a hard time getting his players to stop all aspects of it. Plus there's no way you can simulate the speed we operate at in your practices. Your offense is tough, but not too far outside the realm of what we've seen all year. We just have to play tough, but it's not foreign concepts to us like defending the option will be for you.

Our fronts are big and physical, we will do our best to dominate the line of scrimmage and play discipline football. Our defense is very solid and expect them to be completely up for the challenge. If the triple option was so automatic we would all run it.

Ginsbach
December 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM

I see absolutely nothing wrong with NDSU's uniforms. What sort of issues do you have with them?

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Beautiful Eagle Creek water will be on the flight.

Never lost a playoff game when sprinkling Beautiful Eagle Creek water on the opposition's field.

Game over before it started.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with NDSU's uniforms. What sort of issues do you have with them?

I'm guessing that poster was their village idiot.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Bohl coached at Nebraska under Osborne with a couple National Championship teams, and NDSU when they ran the veer, he has some experience with the option.

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Bohl coached at Nebraska under Osborne with a couple National Championship teams, and NDSU when they ran the veer, he has some experience with the option.

How many of your players have experience defending it or even running it?

Doesn't matter how great of a plan Bohl has for it, it matters how your players execute that plan. I expect NDSU will do pretty well because they have a good front 4. I think that is key, but it will not be easy for them by any means.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Yes that's great. Unless he's playing on defense, there's only so much they can get into a player's head in 3 days of real work. Also, Nebraska was the same philosophy but different implementation...it does make a difference.

Your players will have their work cut out for them.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Our fronts are big and physical, we will do our best to dominate the line of scrimmage and play discipline football. Our defense is very solid and expect them to be completely up for the challenge. If the triple option was so automatic we would all run it.

Alabama's front was big and physical. We were blowing them off the line. I wasn't looking for moral victories in that game, but I was concentrated on our performance just because I knew NDSU stood in our way. If we repeat that performance your defense will not stop us.

Also, I hope you play your assignments. That's when we screw defenses up.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
How many of your players have experience defending it or even running it?

Doesn't matter how great of a plan Bohl has for it, it matters how your players execute that plan. I expect NDSU will do pretty well because they have a good front 4. I think that is key, but it will not be easy for them by any means.

Well I'd guess many ran it and defended it in high school(I know that doesn't mean much due to the speed of the game). JMU did run some option but they don't run it to the level of GSU.

It should be interesting, NDSU ran the option for a long time and we had a lot of success with it. Now we'll be the team trying to figure it out.

montanya
December 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I cannot believe the arrogance of GSU fans. Wow. Here's to hoping NDSU shuts these people up. Might as well hand GSU the trophy. SMH this game will be a great one.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I cannot believe the arrogance of GSU fans. Wow. Here's to hoping NDSU shuts these people up. Might as well hand GSU the trophy. SMH this game will be a great one.

Where's the arrogance?

UNIFanSince1983
December 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Well I'd guess many ran it and defended it in high school(I know that doesn't mean much due to the speed of the game). JMU did run some option but they don't run it to the level of GSU.

It should be interesting, NDSU ran the option for a long time and we had a lot of success with it. Now we'll be the team trying to figure it out.

Like I said earlier this should be a great game. 2 vs 3 seeds. GSU is not on the same level as any team NDSU has seen this year. Of course I am not sure GSU has seen a team in FCS on the level of NDSU.

GSU Eagle
December 10th, 2011, 09:13 PM
We have some arrogant GSU fans but from many of the posts I have seen on AGS NDSU certainly has their share also.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Like I said earlier this should be a great game. 2 vs 3 seeds. GSU is not on the same level as any team NDSU has seen this year. Of course I am not sure GSU has seen a team in FCS on the level of NDSU.

I would agree with this with a caveat. ODU's offense was unreal, but it was a different style. NDSU is going to have more of a run threat to worry about, also hopefully they shouldn't be scoring as quickly (barring defensive breakdowns). NDSU is definitely the most complete team all around that we've faced in FCS. This could end up being a low scoring affair honestly.

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM

With six titles is it possible to not be arrogant? :)

Gringer1
December 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM

What? I don't see either side going too far overboard with arrogance. 2 great teams and 2 proud fanbases are about to go head to head. Smack will be talked and a few homers will aggravate others, but I don't think either fanbase is being arrogant as a whole.

fencereagle
December 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Uhhh... You're in front of a computer google.com/maps statesboro is a suburb of savannah. Whereas Fargo is what the largest city in the state?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:20 PM

The last of which came, what, 11 years ago?

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Hope I can work something out to get to the game, but it doesn't look good. I've meet blueballs, great guy, and would like to meet some of the other posters here. Checkout the tailgate when you get to the game. Have a safe trip and enjoy the great white north.

klak
December 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
The last of which came, what, 11 years ago?

21 years.

Oh wait.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Its the semi's I think for either team to think they will dominate this game is absurd. I think it will be a tremendous challenge for both teams but if GSU thinks they are just walk into the FargoDome and run all over us, I think they have another thing coming.

Its going to be a hard fought game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
21 years.

Oh wait.

That would refute my argument if I were talking about NDSU's championships. GSU fans seem to be talking all kinds of smack like their former teams have anything to do with their current one.

fencereagle
December 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM

You would be wrong. Shocking I know but true nonetheless.

swaghook
December 10th, 2011, 09:28 PM
. Have a safe trip and enjoy the great white north.
that is of course if we get snow in the next 6-7 days.

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 09:28 PM
That would refute my argument if I were talking about NDSU's championships. GSU fans seem to be talking all kinds of smack like their former teams have anything to do with their current one.

You are right. Tradition means nothing.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 09:29 PM
So what we have learned thus far,

1) GSU triple option cannot be stopped.

2) GSU has crazy speed. (Not determined if its at the level of UND's crazy speed, tests results should be available soon)

3) GSU beat Alabama or something like that....

4) Fargo sucks and cannot believe people live there.

What i miss?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You are right. Tradition means nothing.

Well traditionally, NDSU is 1-0 against GSU in their DI era.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM

2) GSU has crazy speed. (Not determined if its at the level of UND's crazy speed, tests results should be available soon)

What i miss?

You forgot the crazy speed and how they destroyed Alabama

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Let's see how you do in the triple option era.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 09:39 PM

See #1 above ;)

GSU EAGLES
[QUOTE=BisonBohl;1748239]So what we have learned thus far,

What i miss?[QUOTE]

We are so jealous of Mount Rushmore.

Wait....that is South Dakota.

Why did they even create two Dakotas........can they just merge it into one state to make it easier on everyone?

SouthernMan
You missed that we gameplan better than YSU.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM

What i miss?

Also...

1) NDSU's defense is immovable.

2) Lehigh's offense is a lot better than GSU's.

3) GSU's offense is an antiquated gimmick and all you have to do is "play disciplined" to stop it.

4) Wofford wouldn't finish in the top half of the MVFC.

NoDak 4 Ever

If the triple option is so unbeatable, how do you have 7 losses in 2 years?

SouthernMan
We would take Minnesota over Alabama anyday.

SouthernMan
December 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
ndsu ONLY SCORED 24 on LEHIGH, I guess Lehigh defense is that bad huh?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:42 PM
We would take Minnesota over Alabama anyday.

Had you done that and beat them, come up to Fargo and beat NDSU, you wouldn't be crying about your #3 seed

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM

NDSU is a ball control offense. They had a drive that lasted almost 9 minutes.

SouthernMan
December 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
TOP during the Maine game....GSU-42, Maine-18....go ahead and have that drive for 9 minutes and a FG. We will have one for 11 and a TD.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM

New Hampshire gave up 30 points to Maine and 41 to Lehigh.

TheEagleWay
December 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Maine held the line well, then we went to the parimeter game.

Option game requires a complex blocking scheme and timing. It's not some simple offense anyone can run. This offense has gotten us 6 D1-AA titles.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM
If we avoid the turnovers, the Bison will be hard to stop. 3 turnovers in the 1st half and we were still up 17-0.

SouthernMan
December 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Had you done that and beat them, come up to Fargo and beat NDSU, you wouldn't be crying about your #3 seed

True. Too bad our slate is full of SEC schools (outside of GT) to even worry about the MAC (or is Minnesota a Big 10 team? Maybe CFL?)

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
If the triple option is so unbeatable, how do you have 7 losses in 2 years?

Night and day between last year and now. Our offense is running like a sewing machine. Our poor punter has only kicked once in the last two games.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
That's because you haven't played a team with great team speed yet. That's the difference. We have heard that last 2 weeks, but only 14 points have been scored on us.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
We have heard that last 2 weeks, but only 14 points have been scored on us.

So that means it's true :)

SouthernMan
December 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
New Hampshire gave up 30 points to Maine and 41 to Lehigh.

I guess I lost you on why this mattered.

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Although I am not a biker, I will say you guys put on a hell of an event at Sturgis every year!

Wait......that is South Dakota. Dang, I am trying to give you guys a complement.

NoDak 4 Ever
Night and day between last year and now. Our offense is running like a sewing machine. Our poor punter has only kicked once in the last two games.

And your opponents have only kicked twice.

Eaglesrus
Its the semi's I think for either team to think they will dominate this game is absurd. I think it will be a tremendous challenge for both teams but if GSU thinks they are just walk into the FargoDome and run all over us, I think they have another thing coming.

Its going to be a hard fought game.

There may be some fringe fans that believe that, just as there may be some fringe Bison fans that believe the opposite, but I feel sure they would be an infinitesimal minority. I, for one, am looking forward to a barnburner ( and no, I'm not taking a shot at the Fargo Dome with that comment).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
There may be some fringe fans that believe that, just as there may be some fringe Bison fans that believe the opposite, but I feel sure they would be an infinitesimal minority. I, for one, am looking forward to a barnburner ( and no, I'm not taking a shot at the Fargo Dome with that comment).

It's made of brick and steel. It may look like a barn but it wouldn't burn ;)

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I guess I lost you on why this mattered.

Lehigh was not as bad as you implied.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Didn't Delaware hold GSU to 10 points in the playoffs last year? It appears that the triple option can and has been contained at least once. My Bison just might have chance.

SCBison
December 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Didn't Delaware hold GSU to 10 points in the playoffs last year? It appears that the triple option can and has been contained at least once. My Bison just might have chance. With only a week to prepare

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
With only a week to prepare

That's UNPOSSIBLE! The Triple Option is unlike anything anyone has ever seen! It is unbeatable!

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
You are forgetting that Delaware players are born with the racial trait of eastern bias, this allows impossible feats to be achieved.

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Didn't Delaware hold GSU to 10 points in the playoffs last year? It appears that the triple option can and has been contained at least once. My Bison just might have chance.

I predict that if GSU turns it over 5 times, there will be a smilar outcome.

darell1976
December 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM
GSU 28
NDSU 27

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 10:24 PM
GSU 28
NDSU 27

No kiss of death??? I suddenly like our chances a lot more now...

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Why do we even bother playing this game? NDSU is so obviously a superior team at every position and aspect of the game and Craig Bohl has the GSU offense figured out. Might as well not spend any more money on NDSU after we already spent $60,000 on the buyout.

straightshooter
December 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM

The team you beat was GSU in name only - not what you'll see Saturday. If you've got ESPN3, go there and watch the GSU-Maine game if you haven't seen it. That will give you some idea. The team NDSU played in '06 was light years different from what this team is. That was in the DARK period with that idiot VanGorder came in and ran off half the team, did away with virtually every tradition that made the program great and basically destroyed the program in one year. Hopefully Bison fans expect more of the same...I wouldn't do that.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Why do we even bother playing this game? NDSU is so obviously a superior team at every position and aspect of the game and Craig Bohl has the GSU offense figured out. Might as well not spend any more money on NDSU after we already spent $60,000 on the buyout.

Well for starters you guys run the triple option and have crazy speed. Also I think you guys beat Alabama. Lets also not forget that NDSU lost to an unranked YSU team at home...

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:36 PM
NDSU has been touting their Defense this year. I think they are going to be very surprised next Sat. Just like ODU and Maine, they are going to feel like the first day at football practice against the GSU triple option.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:36 PM
The team you beat was GSU in name only - not what you'll see Saturday. If you've got ESPN3, go there and watch the GSU-Maine game if you haven't seen it. That will give you some idea. The team NDSU played in '06 was light years different from what this team is. That was in the DARK period with that idiot VanGorder came in and ran off half the team, did away with virtually every tradition that made the program great and basically destroyed the program in one year. Hopefully Bison fans expect more of the same...I wouldn't do that.

If you had read the earlier post that comment was meant to illustrate how much the last championship team has to do with the current team. History apparently only counts when it's good.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
NDSU has been touting their Defense this year. I think they are going to be very surprised next Sat. Just like ODU and Maine, they are going to feel like the first day at football practice against the GSU triple option.

Oh my god. Do you just have a template that generates a post "(NDSU's opponent) is just so much better!"

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM
That's UNPOSSIBLE! The Triple Option is unlike anything anyone has ever seen! It is unbeatable!

But remember, they (GSU) only lost that game because they turned the ball over... not because Delaware beat them. They beat themselves.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM
But remember, they (GSU) only lost that game because they turned the ball over... not because Delaware beat them. They beat themselves.

So GSU scored all of Delaware's points as well?

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I predict that if GSU turns it over 5 times, there will be a smilar outcome.

My point exactly.... or because of bad calls by the refs...

NoDak 4 Ever

Also remember how NDSU is (now) +14 in turnovers? The TO has a tendency to put the ball on the ground, especially when the defense can get penetration.

footballer23
Why does this seem to be turning so hostile?

Bearwitness
December 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Too bad your HC can't play all eleven positions on the field. It's the players that have to make the reads and the tackles...

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
So GSU scored all of Delaware's points as well?

forgot to add /sarcasm/

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Too bad your HC can't play all eleven positions on the field. It's the players that have to make the reads and the tackles...

No, that's a good thing.. have you seen their head coach? If he could run 100 yards, I'd be surprised ;) All in good fun...

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Also remember how NDSU is (now) +14 in turnovers? The TO has a tendency to put the ball on the ground, especially when the defense can get penetration.

If you've been following GSU for the last 1 1/2 year, you will know that Ga Southern only loses games if 1) they turn the ball over themselves, or 2) they have bad calls by the refs. Never because the other team is better.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Why does this seem to be turning so hostile?

Because GSU fans think they are unbeatable, Maine fans are butthurt, a UNI clown is trying to get his piece before he finally goes away for the season, Two Feathers is a CAA apologist so he's going to defend the team that beat Maine and Darrell1976 is a Sioux fan so he always has something to say.

Oh yeah, and Montana fans just want to piss all over everyone.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:44 PM
If you've been following GSU for the last 1 1/2 year, you will know that Ga Southern only loses games if 1) they turn the ball over themselves, or 2) they have bad calls by the refs. Never because the other team is better.

Oh, forgot #3, the opponent head coach is a "tool"

asumike83
December 10th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I have no dog in this fight because half of me would like to see the SoCon represent but the other half loves to root against Georgia Southern. Two very different styles, it should be an excellent game. I would be surprised if this one was decided by more than 1 TD either way.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Oh, forgot #3, the opponent head coach is a "tool"

All that being said, their TO offense is better than most expect, and nearly impossible to defend.

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM

06 was part of our transition when we came down to Statesboro and steamrolled y'all kust like General Sherman did.

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Because GSU fans think they are unbeatable, Maine fans are butthurt, a UNI clown is trying to get his piece before he finally goes away for the season, Two Feathers is a CAA apologist so he's going to defend the team that beat Maine and Darrell1976 is a Sioux fan so he always has something to say.

Oh yeah, and Montana fans just want to piss all over everyone.

And there are no NDSU fans talking as if they think the Bison are unbeatable? Matter of perspective, I suppose.

asumike83
December 10th, 2011, 10:48 PM
06 was part of our transition when we came down to Statesboro and steamrolled y'all kust like General Sherman did.

That was also a 3-8 GSU team, I would not put much stake into the outcome of that game. As much as I hate to admit it, the boys in Statesboro have stepped up their game significantly since then.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Clearly both teams are beatable they both have losses.

This discussion is moronic.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
And there are no NDSU fans talking as if they think the Bison are unbeatable? Matter of perspective, I suppose.

This thread has been almost entirely NDSU fans trying to defend against the notion that GSU is the fastest team in all of football, the TO is completely impossible to defend, and we play in a barn in the middle of nowhere.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM

Ndsu's pass defense is the weakest aspect of it's defense. They just blanked the best passer in the division.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ndsu's pass defense is the weakest aspect of it's defense. They just blanked the best passer in the division.

Clue... GSU doesn't pass the ball. They just put up 300 yards rushing against Maine. Watch football much??

straightshooter
December 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Make sure you understand one very important thing.......GSU is not Lehigh. I do see your reasoning however. Let's see. Maine went to Boone and steamrolled ASU. ASU beat GSU in Boone, so Maine was going to wipe GSU off the map. How'd that work for ya?

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM

how about 8 titles?

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Make sure you understand one very important thing.......GSU is not Lehigh. I do see your reasoning however. Let's see. Maine went to Boone and steamrolled ASU. ASU beat GSU in Boone, so Maine was going to wipe GSU off the map. How'd that work for ya?

Everyone thinks the same thing about Ga Southern... all they do is run the ball, right? So if we're good against the run, we'll shut the Eagles down... Right. Typical out-of-conference thinking against the most dominating offensive machine in the FCS. They won't wake up until half time, and it will be too late.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Everyone thinks the same thing about Ga Southern... all they do is run the ball, right? So if we're good against the run, we'll shut the Eagles down... Right. Typical out-of-conference thinking against the most dominating offensive machine in the FCS. They won't wake up until half time, and it will be too late.

Home crowd with over 18k screaming Bison fans. Semi-final game with the winner going to Frisco. I can guarantee you that if we are down at half it wont be because of lack effort or not being ready for the game...

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 11:05 PM
how about 8 titles?

Who would that be? App 3 + Montanna 2 + Delaware 1 + Richmond 1+ Villanova 1 = 8

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:06 PM
So far twofeathers has predicted everything incorrectly. I am perfectly fine with his bromance for gsu.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Who would that be? App 3 + Montanna 2 + Delaware 1 + Richmond 1+ Villanova 1 = 8

National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Home crowd with over 18k screaming Bison fans. Semi-final game with the winner going to Frisco. I can guarantee you that if we are down at half it wont be because of lack effort or not being ready for the game...

Considering we held up pretty well against Bama's 100k, I think we can handle 18k.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
So far twofeathers has predicted everything incorrectly. I am perfectly fine with his bromance for gsu.

Oh crap... I got called out ;) However, I've been 100% correct about the Eggles. And, for the record, I don't think I've ever called against the Bison. Except for this upcoming contest.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Considering we held up pretty well against Bama's 100k, I think we can handle 18k.

My post had less to do with you guys and more to do with how our players will feed off the energy. Again I am fully aware that you guys went Alabama and beat the crimson tide.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Oh crap... I got called out ;) However, I've been 100% correct about the Eggles. And, for the record, I don't think I've ever called against the Bison. Except for this upcoming contest.

I remember you as a JMU fan before the second round game. And a JMU has a terrible offense appologist shortly after the second round.

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 11:10 PM
National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90

You guys must be smoking buffalo tusks or something. FCS titles only go back to '78 and Ga Southern won in 85,86 and 90. You must be talking about figure skating or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship

TwoFeathers
My post had less to do with you guys and more to do with how our players will feed off the energy. Again I am fully aware that you guys went Alabama and beat the crimson tide.

Right, but they put up more points against Alabama than any other team, so they won... morally..

Twentysix

How come espn says they lost by more than 3 touchdowns?

TwoFeathers
You guys must be smoking buffalo tusks or something. FCS titles only go back to '78 and Ga Southern won in 85,86 and 90.

Different division???

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Different division???

Why would anyone claim lower division titles on a FCS board? That is a first.

Twentysix
Different division???

College Division '65 '68 '69 NCAA Division II '83 '85 '86 '88 '90

Southern Bison
You guys must be smoking buffalo tusks or something. FCS titles only go back to '78 and Ga Southern won in 85,86 and 90. You must be talking about figure skating or something?

You really are not that bright...8 NCAA National Football Championships. Look on an accurate website.

GSU EAGLES
December 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Oh I see now. I thought when you stepped up in divisions, you take those trophies off the display case, box them up and put them in the basement.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Oh I see now. I thought when you stepped up in divisions, you take those trophies off the display case, box them up and put them in the basement.

Nope, See when we win the NC in january it will not be known as our first FCS NC. It will be known as NDSU's 9th Football NC.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM
The situation is that the Triple Option uses aggressive defensive tendencies against themselves. By using mis-perception and mis-direction, they are going to get defenders to commit in one direction, and they will go in the other direction. Usually for 6, 7, 10 yards at a clip. They will do this all day long. And just when you think you make an adjustment to the run, or the dive, or the pitch, they will pull back and throw the ball. Or counter. I have to give Monken credit, he has one ingenious offensive scheme, and has coached his players and blockers to near machine-like perfection. Very impressive. Just my humble analysis.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 11:18 PM

You celebrate them and the athletes who won those titles with pride. Who the f*** are you to say any different? I can listen to this unbeatable TO nonsense all week, crapping on NDSU's proud football tradition though will not be tolerated.

BisonBohl
December 10th, 2011, 11:20 PM
The situation is that the Triple Option uses aggressive defensive tendencies against themselves. By using mis-perception and mis-direction, they are going to get defenders to commit in one direction, and they will go in the other direction. Usually for 6, 7, 10 yards at a clip. They will do this all day long. And just when you think you make an adjustment to the run, or the dive, or the pitch, they will pull back and throw the ball. Or counter. I have to give Monken credit, he has one ingenious offensive scheme, and has coached his players and blockers to near machine-like perfection. Very impressive. Just my humble analysis.

So we are going to get Tebowed....fml

TwoFeathers

PS, most people who don't play against the TO regularly find it nearly impossible to figure out. But I'm guessing Ga Southern's offense could beat their own defense all day long.

GSU EAGLES
Nope, See when we win the NC in january it will not be known as our first FCS NC. It will be known as NDSU's 9th Football NC.

I guess we are all chasing Grand Valley State. I think you need to go over to the Alabama Crimson Tide board and let them know they are no longer in the lead using North Dakota logic.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Or princeton and yale? lol football what? moron. Have a good week everybody, Ill be sure to visit.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I guess we are all chasing Grand Valley State. I think you need to go over to the Alabama Crimson Tide board and let them know they are no longer in the lead using North Dakota logic.

Doesn't Bama have 13 titles?

BTW GVSU has four.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM
So we are going to get Tebowed....fml

I think this will be a great match-up. I think due to the unique nature of the GSU offense, they will be favored.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Doesn't Bama have 13 titles?

BTW GVSU has four.

Princeton has 28 or 26 depending who you ask.

DJKyR0
December 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Why would anyone claim lower division titles on a FCS board? That is a first.

Well, I know at least one UND fan on here who claims hockey NC's, so this is hardly the most ridiculous case of celebrating a non-FCS title.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Princeton has 28 or 26 depending who you ask.

Yes, but aren't those from like the 1870's or something, when there were only 2 teams competing...???

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, but aren't those from like the 1870's or something, when there were only 2 teams competing...???

They have 15 from before NDSU played football. If NDSU had football during years they won NC's loads of east coast schools did too.

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure what 'NCC' is, but apparently NDSU has like 100 of those championships...

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
It was a conference. The North Central Conference, dissolved in 2008.

UNI was also a member for about 40 years.

Charter Member (9) Years Other Names While NCC member
*South Dakota State University 1921-2004 South Dakota State College
*University of St. Thomas 1921-1928 College of St. Thomas
*University of Des Moines 1921-1926
*Creighton University 1921-1928
*North Dakota State University 1921-2004 North Dakota Agricultural College
*University of North Dakota 1921-Present
*Morningside College 1921-2002
University of South Dakota 1921-Present
Nebraska Wesleyan University 1921-1927
Members
University of Northern Iowa 1934-1978 Iowa State Teachers College
State College of Iowa
University of Nebraska-Omaha 1934-1946, 1976-Present Omaha University
Augustana College 1941-Present
University of Northern Colorado 1978-2003
Minnesota State University, Mankato 1968-1976, 1981-Present Mankato State College
Mankato State University
St. Cloud State University 1981-Present
University of Minnesota Duluth 2004-Present