PDA

View Full Version : Montana Won't Have A Home Game FOR A CHANGE!

LEHIGH61
December 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Good job Sam Houston.

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Don't need one, but SHSU would be foolish to give up the ticket revenue of WA Griz

Hellgate60
December 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzOnH-34to

srgrizizen
December 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
The bear will maul you in his lair,
and he will also maul you there.
The bear don't care if here or there,
'cause he will maul you anywhere.

Or not. At least we'll find out. I'm sure Lehigh61 will be the first to come back and eat his crow if the Griz win. Or not

CopperCat
December 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
UM might not have a home game, but Lehigh won't have a game at all next weekend.

sgt smash
December 10th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah. Another thread started by "That Guy".

MTfan4life
December 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
2008 #4 seed Montana at #1 seed James Madison. We all know how that turned out.

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
UM might not have a home game, but Lehigh won't have a game at all next weekend.

Playoffs sure create strange bedfellows!:D

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
These playoff games have not even been competitive so far... Ugly Ugly Ugly

griz37
December 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Maybe some Lehigh fans could call Jim O'Day & beg him to reverse the decision to play in Texas.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
1 seed vs. 4 seed stuff doesn't matter at this point.. the better team will win. (bold prediction, i know ha).

nevadagriz
December 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thank you leihigh fan you did the impossible and caused me to root for NDSU. What a weird day rooted for cats and now bison.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 03:04 PM
2008 #4 seed Montana at #1 seed James Madison. We all know how that turned out.

We all do. A CAA team showed Montana up, on the road, in Chatty. Same story as usual :D

ezgriz51
December 10th, 2011, 03:13 PM
We all do. A CAA team showed Montana up, on the road, in Chatty. Same story as usual :D

Really? Villanova smack? Where y'all playing this weekend....with a ball...not round?

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Really? Villanova smack? Where y'all playing this weekend....with a ball...not round?

Throw me a bone, I need something to survive the off season after the year we had.
And if the score holds out in Statesboro the big bad CAA is gonna be out of your way this year so who knows what will happen if you end up in Frisco

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Throw me a bone, I need something to survive the off season after the year we had.

I'll throw you one - 'Nova traveled REALLY WELL to Nooga, and lots of Villanova fans got to see their championship first hand. Not all CAA fans stay indoors, and loved seeing all you guys at the game (even if Szczur ran all over us)

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Lehigh61 is a grumpy and cantankerous poster... he's had issues in the past. The Griz are a great program and are well run.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I'll throw you one - 'Nova traveled REALLY WELL to Nooga, and lots of Villanova fans got to see their championship first hand. Not all CAA fans stay indoors, and loved seeing all you guys at the game (even if Szczur ran all over us)

Speaking of running all over Montana.....you guys might want to dig out that tape to prepare. Had watched any of Sam until this weekend and saw a lot of similarities between the 09/10 Nova teams and 11 SHSU. 3 different guys broke 50+ runs, ran some wildcat. I thought I was watching Whitney, Szczur, Ball, and Babarro out there. Good luck to the Grizz cause you're gonna need it.

El Gato
December 10th, 2011, 03:32 PM
These playoff games have not even been competitive so far... Ugly Ugly Ugly

Maybe they should change this antiquated system then.

Have all the coaches vote and rank the top 25, then have the computers rank them as well using strength of schedule in the formula, and then just have the top two teams play in a bowled in stadium for the championship. Everyone else will play a series of games totally based on their history of traveling well and how well they pitch themselves to the corporate sponsors of the game. Who really cares about on the field performance other than the top 2 teams. Hmmm...a Series of Bowl games and the top two playing for a Championship. We could call it the BCS! Damn I am brilliant.

ezgriz51
December 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
And if the score holds out in Statesboro the big bad CAA is gonna be out of your way this year so who knows what will happen if you end up in Frisco
LOL....I'll do that. Felt the same thing last year. Keep an eye open, though - think next weekend will be "interesting".

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
LOL....I'll do that. Felt the same thing last year. Keep an eye open, though - think next weekend will be "interesting".

Love match up's like next weekends on the top half of the bracket. Fills the void a little bit. Sometimes its better not having a rooting interest. This one could be the best non-Nova game I'll have seen since Montana's 09 semi

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
k

LEHIGH61
December 14th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Bull****

Bronco
December 14th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Speaking of Szczur what's he doing....baseball?

Silenoz
December 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Speaking of running all over Montana.....you guys might want to dig out that tape to prepare. Had watched any of Sam until this weekend and saw a lot of similarities between the 09/10 Nova teams and 11 SHSU. 3 different guys broke 50+ runs, ran some wildcat. I thought I was watching Whitney, Szczur, Ball, and Babarro out there. Good luck to the Grizz cause you're gonna need it.

Totally different staff and scheme ;)

HailSzczur
December 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Speaking of Szczur what's he doing....baseball?

Yep, gonna be starting in AA with the Cubs. Still deemed the center fielder of the future. Cubs wouldn't touch him as part of the compensation for Epstien.

putter
December 14th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I love how fans treat home games like it should be something to be ashamed of. Montana, when seeded, has had quality teams and deserved it and when they didn't they got sent on the road to a very good seeded team, hence the record. If you are on the road it means you are playing at a school who had a good year and you are the "underdog". Give it up on the road vs. home record.

Cleets
December 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I love how fans treat home games like it should be something to be ashamed of. Montana, when seeded, has had quality teams and deserved it and when they didn't they got sent on the road to a very good seeded team, hence the record. If you are on the road it means you are playing at a school who had a good year and you are the "underdog". Give it up on the road vs. home record.

The real question is:
Who doesn't have a good home record in the playoffs..?
I think should be more of a story than anything else
You're supposed to win your home playoff games

gataeagles7
December 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Good job Sam Houston.

http://operatorchan.org/t/arch/src/t250679_We-get-it-Youre-butt-hurt.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Eh, you're exactly right Putter but why even try to explain things so obvious. We produce for the NCAA like only a couple of others can. Montana money has supported a good deal of this tournament for a very, very long time. Since we don't have an internet pacifier for board babies we just need to let them cry it out.

You could also think of it as an "Occupy" type situation only the 99%ers are on equal footing but still rebel against the 1%ers because they can't do what we do on an even semi regular basis while we just look at it as part of life.

Having home games is a thing to be ashamed of or embarassed about...I think i see their problem.