PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Experiencing the Fargodome

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/lehigh-lands-in-north-dakota.aspx

Seve7
December 9th, 2011, 08:31 PM
This is my first post on AGS and I want to welcome all of Lehigh University to Fargo and the Fargodome. It is a wonderful football facility and yes, it will be loud.
Your team will know they are visitors and it is my hope that your team and fans will be treated with midwest respect.
Enjoy the game in ideal weather, 70 degrees and no wind.

"The March is On"

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Coen called them NORTH DAKOTA!!! ugh. Don't do that. That's like calling Lehigh Lafayette.

That being said....as a Fargo native and NDSU graduate, I like to see other teams in awe of my town and alma mater.

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Coen called them NORTH DAKOTA!!! ugh. Don't do that. That's like calling Lehigh Lafayette.

That being said....as a Fargo native and NDSU graduate, I like to see other teams in awe of my town and alma mater.

Come on! Andy called you guys North Dakota State twice and North Dakota once during the video. By the way, why doesn't NORTH DAKOTA STATE play NORTH DAKOTA if it is such an intense rivalry?

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Come on! Andy called you guys North Dakota State twice and North Dakota once during the video. By the way, why doesn't NORTH DAKOTA STATE play NORTH DAKOTA if it is such an intense rivalry?

When NDSU started it's transition to I-AA at the time, they offered UND a 4 year home and home contract. UND refused, stating it hurt their playoff chances for DII. Never been able to schedule a game since.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM

One of the longest rivalries at the time. 110 meetings through 2003 I hate UND with the heat of 1000 white hot suns.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
NDSU also offered UND a home and home every other year, and UND also declined that.

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
One of the longest rivalries at the time. 110 meetings through 2003 I hate UND with the heat of 1000 white hot suns.
110 meetings! Wow! It's a shame the administations can't see the what renewing the rivalry would bring to the entire state.

"I hate UND with the heat of 1000 white hot suns." That's some serious animosity!;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
110 meetings! Wow! It's a shame the administations can't see the what renewing the rivalry would bring to the entire state.

"I hate UND with the heat of 1000 white hot suns." That's some serious animosity!;)

Growing up in Fargo, you hate Grand Forks and UND. The feeling is mutual.

JSUBison
December 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Nice vid. No matter the outcome tomorrow, I hope NDSU and Lehigh are able to create a good relationship and perhaps one day agree to a home/home. Same with Lafayette.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Nice vid. No matter the outcome tomorrow, I hope NDSU and Lehigh are able to create a good relationship and perhaps one day agree to a home/home. Same with Lafayette.

Yes I would like to see the Bison again, when our offense is not a complete joke.

Seve7
December 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I agree JSYUBison. What do the other posts here (NDSU/UND) have to do with "Lehigh Experiencing the Fargodome."

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I agree JSYUBison. What do the other posts here (NDSU/UND) have to do with "Lehigh Experiencing the Fargodome."

It's a conversation, it wanders. Go troll somewhere else.

Squealofthepig
December 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Good vid; hope all of the visitors can enjoy some great Bison-backed hospitality (and that the game is more competitive than tonight's).

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
When NDSU started it's transition to I-AA at the time, they offered UND a 4 year home and home contract. UND refused, stating it hurt their playoff chances for DII. Never been able to schedule a game since.

UND has not had a set of balls since '03!! Now that they're an FCS "conferencechampion", the

Squealofthepig
December 9th, 2011, 11:05 PM
UND has not had a set of balls since '03!! Now that they're an FCS "conferencechampion", the

Oh smeg, we have a UND-backed abduction of an NDSU fan in North Carolina! We're behind the looking glass here people!

sgt smash
December 9th, 2011, 11:06 PM
cool video. Classy interviews. Lum looks like a mean linebacker, not a quarterback. Any chance this guy goes to the next level?

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2011, 11:09 PM

UND has not had a set of balls since '03!! Now that they're an FCS "conference champion", the Sioux, I mean, the Nameless should grow a pair and bring the Nickel Trophy to Fargo for its homecoming. If they have forgotten the route, I think a group of NDSU alumni can head up to Grand Forks and easily relieve them of what is not rightly their's.

Engineer91
December 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Looking to cupcake your schedule?

RabidRabbit
December 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Looking to cupcake your schedule?

Why? Is Lehigh now considered a twinkee?? Sign up with SDSU also. Know Jacks are looking for a home game on 9/18.

ngineer
December 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Why? Is Lehigh now considered a twinkee?? Sign up with SDSU also. Know Jacks are looking for a home game on 9/18.

Lehigh's 2012 schedule is full. It would be great to have some of these "intersectional" games (as Keith Jackson used to refer to them). Only issue is costs. If they can be handled, I'm all for it.

ddied
December 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM
This whole story was blown out of proportion and mishandled. Jim O'Day had serious conflict of interests. The NCAA "Gestapo" has no business in this matter. So what, He said the N word. It's not the N word of the '60s Civil Rights Movement. It is a word that is used every day by whites,blacks, and any other color people. Everyone posting on here has used the word at one time or another in their lives. Here's the problem. If a black player had tweeted that they were going to put a whoopin on those "crackass crackers" from Lehigh. Nothing would have been said about it. Bryant Gumble
called David Stern "the over seer of the plantation". If a white anouncer had made a similar comment, pointed at a black man. He would be fired from ESPN immediately!!! White guy tired of walking on eggshells. Call Jesse Jackson. Ryan Spadola got screwed over and probably missed getting the all-time yardage record that he rightfully deserved. That's all I have to say about that.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Lehigh's 2012 schedule is full. It would be great to have some of these "intersectional" games (as Keith Jackson used to refer to them). Only issue is costs. If they can be handled, I'm all for it.

NDSU would give you guys 150-175k to come back during the season. Of course we would not come to lehigh in that instance.

Vitojr130
December 13th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Your guess is as good as ours. It seems the community college up North is too scared to play us and wants to end a 100+ year old rivalry. Also, that is like us saying "Lehigh is Lehigh is Lafayette".