PDA

View Full Version : Spadola thread #247

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hey guys, call the NCAA and COMPLAIN because Spadola's dreams are CRUSHED and he is at home crying right now and won't come out of the closet. It's so unfair. He won't make the same mistake again, he promised me.

Better yet, call your Governor and have him pardon everyone on death row because they all said they wouldn't murder again.

GannonFan
December 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Maybe if he said he's really, really sorry? The second one in italics is really important.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hey guys, call the NCAA and COMPLAIN because Spadola's dreams are CRUSHED and he is at home crying right now and won't come out of the closet. It's so unfair. He won't make the same mistake again, he promised me.

Better yet, call your Governor and have him pardon everyone on death row because they all said they wouldn't murder again.

This is comical coming from the fan of team who basically started all of this over sour grapes.

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
This is comical coming from the fan of team who basically started all of this over sour grapes.

People seem to think we started something??? The tweet was on the internet for the world to see.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 10:04 AM
How is this sour grapes, the story was out before the game started. I heard about it in the parking lot.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM
People seem to think we started something??? The tweet was on the internet for the world to see.

Rob Amrose brought it to the attention of Andy Coen. Lehigh addresses the situation with a statement and disciplinary action. All of this happened before the game. The actions taken by Lehigh seemed "good enough" for Rob Ambrose. Then Towson LOST. Monday morning, Towson submits the entire case to the NCAA for review.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Rob Amrose brought it to the attention of Andy Coen. Lehigh addresses the situation with a statement and disciplinary action. All of this happened before the game. The actions taken by Lehigh seemed "good enough" for Rob Ambrose. Then Towson LOST. Monday morning, Towson submits the entire case to the NCAA for review.

What disciplinary action was taken?

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Lehigh addresses the situation with a statement and disciplinary action.

Disciplinary action?? Like making him go tell other people "don't be stupid like me"? The only reason we are here at this point is because Lehigh didn't take enough action on their own

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
What disciplinary action was taken?

Spadola had to apologize over twitter/facebook to Towson, Lehigh, & NCAA. Had to stand in front of team/administration and address/apologize. Has to take educational classes on inclusivity, etc. He was given essentially community service hours to fulfill where he had to educate young people about using social media.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Disciplinary action?? Like making him go tell other people "don't be stupid like me"? The only reason we are here at this point is because Lehigh didn't take enough action on their own

The majority believe he shouldn't have been suspended for the game. The first quarter or half would have been punishment enough. I do agree that Coen should have been a little more proactive when it came to playing time. Done with this thread.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Well, I work in academia. Do you? Students aren't lined up and hit with a yard stick or taken to the gulog when they mess up. Our whole world is education based. People have to take classes, do community service, go to meetings, etc when they screw up.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
You know what's worse? All the racial harmony we could be having in this country if someone just didn't forget to use quotation marks in a quote containing the most horrible word in human history, the n-word, whose destructive powers are greater than any weapon of mass destruction.

Because of the unspeakable horrors Spadols has unleashed on the world, black children everywhere are going to forget about their dreams of being doctors, lawyers, and scientists and turn to gangs, prostitution, and drugs.

F^&* the first amendment. It is nothing but an outdated facilitator of hate.
xshakefistx

SouthMountainWreckingBall
December 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Spadola had to apologize over twitter/facebook to Towson, Lehigh, & NCAA. Had to stand in front of team/administration and address/apologize. Has to take educational classes on inclusivity, etc. He was given essentially community service hours to fulfill where he had to educate young people about using social media.

Seems more than adequate for using an idiotic slang word that young African Americans have rendered meaningless. It's too much to expect anyone who is saddled for life with a degree from Towson to grasp this, but if Spadola's friend had tweeted using the disgusting word Ni**er, there's not a chance in hell that he would have repeated that in response. Young people have become desensitized to the extent that the slang version isn't fraught with the same meaning as the original, and it makes it pretty easy to understand why it wouldn't strike someone of that age as offensive in the couple of seconds it takes to tweet something.

LEHIGH61
December 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I was at the game Saturday - a rousing victory for classy Lehigh players - and Ryan Spadola was the standout. How sweet it is! LANBERT CUP!!!!!!!!

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Seems more than adequate for using an idiotic slang word that young African Americans have rendered meaningless. It's too much to expect anyone who is saddled for life with a degree from Towson to grasp this, but if Spadola's friend had tweeted using the disgusting word Ni**er, there's not a chance in hell that he would have repeated that in response. Young people have become desensitized to the extent that the slang version isn't fraught with the same meaning as the original, and it makes it pretty easy to understand why it wouldn't strike someone of that age as offensive in the couple of seconds it takes to tweet something.

According to your buddy LehighU11, every player on the face of the earth who says nigga on twitter should get suspended.

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I was at the game Saturday - a rousing victory for classy Lehigh players - and Ryan Spadola was the standout. How sweet it is! LANBERT CUP!!!!!!!! WHITE POWER!!!!!!

fixed it for you

Squealofthepig
December 9th, 2011, 10:34 AM
fixed it for you

Brilliant! It's made all these threads so much more hilarious.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I heard a rumor that Lehigh WR Ryan Spadola is going to be suspended for this week's game. Any truth to it? Anyone have an opinion on the validity of it? I'm really interested to hear them.

You Lehigh fans really need your own message board...

SouthMountainWreckingBall
December 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
According to your buddy LehighU11, every player on the face of the earth who says nigga on twitter should get suspended.

Well, there's that. If the NCAA is dedicated to imbuing what has come to be an almost meaningless slang word (that you felt fully comfortable spelling out) with all the loaded meaning of its rather disgusting antecedent - which no decent person would spell out here or anywhere else, - then consistently suspending offenders would be perfectly logical. What confuses you about this?