PDA

View Full Version : The TSN Picks Against Ga Southern

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:04 PM
So the homers at the TSN are picking Maine to beat Ga Southern. WOW! the homers are ridiculous.

Why? Because they are homers? What else is new?
More CAA love.
What is the basis of this prediction?

theasushow
December 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I picked against GSU too...just sayin.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Ugh! Another ridiculous CAA homer! Waa Waa Waa! How do you sleep at night? What's the basis of picking a solid playoff team to beating a slightly more solid playoff team?

Hint: All sarcasm. You clearly are a SoCon fan. I'm referencing the poster above you.

Maine can win this game. Quit bickering about media homers. They're just stepping out on a limb. Last round, TSN picked every single home team. Aka, they only picked ONE CAA team. Where was the supposed homering then???

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
So the homers at the TSN are picking Maine to beat Ga Southern. WOW! the homers are ridiculous.

More CAA love.

Maybe they watched what they did to App in Boone last weekend? Just going out on a limb and throwing out that guess.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM

I happen to understand that Ga Southern's offense is ahead of the D. You guys were able to shutdown the option. I give big credit to you D for achieving this, however, this is the second season and the Eagles are on a mission.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM
To anyone who might perceive a CAA bias - please at least take solace in the fact that all their eggs are now just in one basket.

I still think this depends on which Maine and which GSU team shows up.

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM
the Eagles are on a mission.

pretty sure the other 7 teams are on the same mission.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe they watched what they did to App in Boone last weekend? Just going out on a limb and throwing out that guess.

For me the problem is that this year, and I say THIS YEAR the CAA is not reached its peak. Maybe a lot of youth etc. APP has been inconsistent this year, and is a good indicator of the probable reason that they did not win. Don't get me wrong, the CAA is still a power conference in the FCS, just not at the level of years past. I don't see Maine winning at Ga Southern.

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2011, 09:19 PM

More CAA love.

They've picked us to lose before; suffice it to say that many of us appreciate it when they do.

theasushow
December 8th, 2011, 09:20 PM
what's a peal?

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
To anyone who might perceive a CAA bias - please at least take solace in the fact that all their eggs are now just in one basket.

I still think this depends on which Maine and which GSU team shows up.

Very convenient after getting 5 teams in the post season.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
pretty sure the other 7 teams are on the same mission.

...sinking the Bismarck?

/gratuitous film/history reference

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
meant to say peak, but drinking and typing with low lighting

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Very convenient after getting 5 teams in the post season.

Hey, totally agree, and their one team that is left had to win on the road.

(CAA posters on here have consistently stated this year that it's a bit of a down year, and the upside-down nature of the conference from last year point to the wackiness that was the Colonial this year). I did have Maine in my preseason top 25 (at 23, I think)... and that's about all I got remotely right about the conference this year!

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Fro me the problem is that this year, and I say THIS YEAR the CAA is not reached its peal. Maybe a lot of youth etc. APP has been inconsistent this year, and is a good indicator of the probable reason that they did not win. Don't get me wrong, the CAA is still a power conference in the FCS, just not at the level of years past. I don't see Maine winning at Ga Southern.

I don't see this as having anything to do with the CAA. Sure TSN favors CAA, but I just read it as Maine held ASU, who averaged about 170yds rushing going into the game, to 3yds. If that run stopping Maine team shows up I don't see why you would pick against them when they're playing a team like GSU

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Look I have no angst toward the CAA. All i am saying is that they have unfairly been granted too much respect from the news media. I am very angry at the news media over this debacle.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I don't see this as having anything to do with the CAA. Sure TSN favors CAA, but I just read it as Maine held ASU, who averaged about 170yds rushing going into the game, to 3yds. If that run stopping Maine team shows up I don't see why you would pick against them when they're playing a team like GSU

Triple option. Enough said?

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Look I have no angst toward the CAA. All i am saying is that they have unfairly been granted too much respect from the news media. I am very angry at the news media over this debacle.

Wait, what news media covers the FCS?

I am intrigued by your brochure and desire to know more about this enchanting world you may know of!

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Triple option. Enough said?

Not sure what I was thinking there, I feel like I played right into a trap. That fact completely slipped my mind. Still, I believe if they came out like they did last weekend they can run with anybody, and that's the justification for them picking Maine (aside from biases)

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Wait, what news media covers the FCS?

I am intrigued by your brochure and desire to know more about this enchanting world you may know of!

The only news media that matters in playoff selection, according to the selection committee is the TSN. They cover CAA teams in depth all of the time. They also slant the top 25 in favor of the CAA. It makes a difference in the playoff selection because there are too many people that don't do their homework. Unfortunately, politics have quietly entered our level of football.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Not sure what I was thinking there, I feel like I played right into a trap. That fact completely slipped my mind. Still, I believe if they came out like they did last weekend they can run with anybody, and that's the justification for them picking Maine (aside from biases)

Most CAA teams play power football so this is an animal all to itself. That is all I am saying. There is no trap, just a difficult offense to defend. Bear Bryant invented the veer to win games against better athletes. The wishbone is extremely effective when the athletes are equal, as long as the ball is not dropped on the turf.

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
meant to say peak, but drinking and typing with low lighting

Kids are in bed and drinking. The worst possible of conditions!

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
They've picked us to lose before; suffice it to say that many of us appreciate it when they do.

So i moved to the Savannah area in June. Thinking about making it up to the game but don't know anyone there. Any suggestions?

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
So, the Colonial conference is evil, and TSN is just the agitprop mouthpiece, then?

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Yep! LOL

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM
So, the Colonial conference is evil, and TSN is just the agitprop mouthpiece, then?

No, I don't think that at all. Just don't want all of the bias. I see enough of that in the FBS.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 09:49 PM

More CAA love.

Don't respond to this Penguin guy. He obviously lost his girlfriend to a CAA-er with a bigger wiener.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Don't respond to this Penguin guy. He obviously lost his girlfriend to a CAA-er with a bigger wiener.

Tell me how the CAA get 5 teams in every year......and if you say they are the best conference top to bottom I will call you out on it.

theasushow
December 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Christ, this could go on for days.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:54 PM

They could have flamethrowers.

Wait... they don't have flamethrowers... right? Oh smeg.

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Christ, this could go on for days.

Only if Maine wins, then we get at least a whole extra week of it. If not it will be over by the end of the weekend.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Tell me how the CAA get 5 teams in every year......and if you say they are the best conference top to bottom I will call you out on it.

You act like the posters on this site from the CAA personally rigged the playoffs with undeserving teams. Just ask Montana St., App State, Lehigh and Ga Southern if their opponents didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Those 4 games were lost by a total of like 18 pts. Do you really need to start yet another CAA-hater thread?

Now put your pants on, pull up your blinds and go out into the real world.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Who are the top 5 teams in YSU's conf? CAA & SoCon

eagle07
December 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I just have one thing to say!

RELEASE HIM!!!!

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/man-bear-pig.jpg

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 10:07 PM
You act like the posters on this site from the CAA personally rigged the playoffs with undeserving teams. Just ask Montana St., App State, Lehigh and Ga Southern if their opponents didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Those 4 games were lost by a total of like 18 pts. Do you really need to start yet another CAA-hater thread?

Now put your pants on, pull up your blinds and go out into the real world.

This isn't a CAA hater thread. This years playoff filed is a result of the influence the TSN has on the committee. I just can't get over the fact that the TSN has so much bias for the CAA and unfortunately it counts with playoff spots. What is the basis of picking Main to beat Ga Southern at home? What is it? The home team typically gets a 6 point advantage. So what they are saying is that not only is Maine a better team, but they are also better than 6 points on Ga Southern at home. F'ing BS. What is the basis? There is none. Ga Southern wa in a shoot out last week and it happens from time to time. When Maine loses after this weekend, the CAA will have 5 teams make the field and have none after the second true round. I have much respect for the CAA, but none for the artificial hype.

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
So i moved to the Savannah area in June. Thinking about making it up to the game but don't know anyone there. Any suggestions?

Hate it that my tailgate bunch has disintegrated this week, otherwise I'd certainly be happy to invite you to join us. As it is, I think we're just going to Shane's Barbecue in Statesboro for lunch before the game. There's a group that calls themselves the Red Flag Gang (several of them post on here) that always says that any and all are welcome at their tailgate. Real good people! Their spot is on row L in the boosters' parking lot, I think it's something like space #22. Maybe one of them will chime in. If you're talking about going by yourself and need a ticket let me know; unfortunately just found out that my son isn't going to be able to come down from Charlotte, so at the moment I have one to spare.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
This isn't a CAA hater thread. This years playoff filed is a result of the influence the TSN has on the committee. I just can't get over the fact that the TSN has so much bias for the CAA and unfortunately it counts with playoff spots. What is the basis of picking Main to beat Ga Southern at home? What is it? The home team typically gets a 6 point advantage. So what they are saying is that not only is Maine a better team, but they are also better than 6 points on Ga Southern at home. F'ing BS. What is the basis? There is none. Ga Southern wa in a shoot out last week and it happens from time to time. When Maine loses after this weekend, the CAA will have 5 teams make the field and have none after the second true round. I have much respect for the CAA, but none for the artificial hype.

Controversy, in today's day and age, is a good thing. TSN is not saying Maine is better; they're saying "Maine is better" and then letting users like you direct traffic to their website. Congratulations on supporting their CAA-loving business model!

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Who are the top 5 teams in YSU's conf? CAA & SoCon

Well, i can say that YSU is not one of them. They couldn't beat a 1-9 Missouri state team at home during the last game of the year. Illinois State should have made the field over JMU. At least I know that for sure. What about the Big Sky and great West and the SWAC? The MVFC was probably the best conference top to bottom this year, but I would rather not see any conference, in this case the CAA make 5 teams by default. JMU was man handled.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hate it that my tailgate bunch has disintegrated this week, otherwise I'd certainly be happy to invite you to join us. As it is, I think we're just going to Shane's Barbecue in Statesboro for lunch before the game. There's a group that calls themselves the Red Flag Gang (several of them post on here) that always says that any and all are welcome at their tailgate. Real good people! Their spot is on row L in the boosters' parking lot, I think it's something like space #22. Maybe one of them will chime in. If you're talking about going by yourself and need a ticket let me know; unfortunately just found out that my son isn't going to be able to come down from Charlotte, so at the moment I have one to spare.

I may take you up on it. Haven't been to a GA Southern game since YSU played you guys in 99

chevy8050
December 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM

I like this guy......

mainejeff
December 8th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Please don't!

clenz
December 8th, 2011, 11:33 PM
So....no one is going to call the OP out for his "The TSN"? I hate to be a grammar nazi, but damn.

Do you also say ATM Machine?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/funny-pictures-cat-is-manager.jpg

http://anemonecommsgd.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/lolcat-attack2.png

Baldy
December 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I may take you up on it. Haven't been to a GA Southern game since YSU played you guys in 99
Speaking as one of those dreaded Red Flaggers. We would be more than happy to welcome you to our tailgate, pp. xnodx

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/Ojay01/GSU-parking-mapredflagtailgate.jpg

The red circle on the map is our tailgate spot, we would love for you to join us. Wear your Penguin swag and we will take very good care of you. xthumbsupx

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Cats on the internet...
They're taking over the place - everybody stand back

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM

Welcome Penguinpower

I live in Lakeland located in central Florida. I am going to the game. My first game under Coach Monken.
The "Red Flag Tailgate" located in the center isle half way down the parking lot leading to the stadium entrance. They would be happy to take a new recruit. Doc's Tailgate is right next to the Red Flag and is interchangeable. Look for the red flag flying over the tents and tell them TALON sent you........................ ;-)

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Speaking as one of those dreaded Red Flaggers. We would be more than happy to welcome you to our tailgate, pp. xnodx

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/Ojay01/GSU-parking-mapredflagtailgate.jpg

The red circle on the map is our tailgate spot, we would love for you to join us. Wear your Penguin swag and we will take very good care of you. xthumbsupx

Sorry Baldy, I didn't see your post before I posted. Penguin, Baldy is one of the greatest people you'll ever meet. He & the Red Flag will take good care of you!

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2011, 05:35 AM

Yes, A good candidate for a Red Flag plebe

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Ugh! Another ridiculous CAA homer! Waa Waa Waa! How do you sleep at night? What's the basis of picking a solid playoff team to beating a slightly more solid playoff team?

Hint: All sarcasm. You clearly are a SoCon fan. I'm referencing the poster above you.

Maine can win this game. Quit bickering about media homers. They're just stepping out on a limb. Last round, TSN picked every single home team. Aka, they only picked ONE CAA team. Where was the supposed homering then???

You sir are making to much sense

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Sorry Baldy, I didn't see your post before I posted. Penguin, Baldy is one of the greatest people you'll ever meet. He & the Red Flag will take good care of you!

Hey, nice parking lot, very similar to the Wal-mart lot

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Hey, nice parking lot, very similar to the Wal-mart lot

Your silly, U caribbeanhen U. The Wall Mart parking lot is paved.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Your silly, U caribbeanhen U. The Wall Mart parking lot is paved.

your not kidding are you, like parking at the state fair. Do you guys have those trucks with the Beer taps?

Eagle22
December 9th, 2011, 05:59 AM
your not kidding are you, like parking at the state fair. Do you guys have those trucks with the Beer taps?

Why wouldn't we ? ;)

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Why wouldn't we ? ;)

Well, there might be students loitering around that are not of the legal drinking age, and I am not talking college students, I ve head everything starts young down you alls way xnodx

clenz
December 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Cats on the internet...
They're taking over the place - everybody stand back

I think I use lolcats too much....I use Chrome as my brower and as I type in a search I get two options that drop down: the google search and the google search with lolcats attatched from the very start....

I'm not sure that is a good thing....Oh well, if you don't like it

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfxfkiNqOk1qdfx9oo1_500.png

GSUsTALON
December 9th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Well, there might be students loitering around that are not of the legal drinking age, and I am not talking college students, I ve head everything starts young down you alls way xnodx

Beer Trucks?
E22 is just making fun of your ignorance about our tailgating facilities. No needs for beer trucks for most GSU tailgate parties have their own portable mini stills to distill our favorite libations on site! We also fuel our BBQ grills with the stuff. Fresh road kill taste so much better when basted in 190 and seared over a hot alcohol flame. Sadly the still spillage is hard on the grass. Have you ever seen dirt catch fire - scarry?

Caribbeanhen , is that your schooner in the picture next to you name? Have you mounted cannon on the poop deck to repel Cap’n Jack Sparrow?” So play with your swivel gun if you wish, but don’t make fun of our tailgate parties here at the “REAL GSU.” Stories have been spread that your parties aboard the Flying Blue Cock are a case study in notorious debauchery.

TwoFeathers
December 9th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Just make sure you are not within 10 spaces of a CAA tailgate location. Or Penguin may have a meltdown like that German soldier from Raiders Of The Lost Arc.

TwoFeathers
December 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I like this guy......

Oh no, Chevy is back... "Chevy and Penguin sitting in a tree..."

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I think I use lolcats too much....I use Chrome as my brower and as I type in a search I get two options that drop down: the google search and the google search with lolcats attatched from the very start....

I'm not sure that is a good thing....Oh well, if you don't like it

Sadly and quite predictably - I find almost all of the Cat images hysterical...

Eaglegus2
December 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Come to the back of the Booster parking lot where the large tailgate areas are. Look for a solid red flag flying over a tailgate. You will be welcomed.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM
what's a peal?

the skin of a apple

penguinpower
December 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Come to the back of the Booster parking lot where the large tailgate areas are. Look for a solid red flag flying over a tailgate. You will be welcomed.

What time do you start tailgating? I have a business function at 6:00 PM Saturday that I have to attend in downtown Savannah. My wife has some church function in the morning, so I am hoping to get over there around noon or so when she gets back. Right now I say 60-70% chance I will make it. I like how you guys have the tailgate spots numbered. Do you get to claim them or is it first come first serve? At YSU the passes are for certain areas, but your spot is first come/first serve, however, there is much respect for spots our group had the same one for 20 years.

SideLine Shooter
December 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Nobody beats GSU this year, hell I have them picked to win "The Super Bowl" too.

gsueagle2424
December 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Nobody beats GSU this year, hell I have them picked to win "The Super Bowl" too.

Glad someone recognizes our superior talent :) Green Bay, Who?

SideLine Shooter
December 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Glad someone recognizes our superior talent :) Green Bay, Who?

Amen!!!

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Caribbeanhen , is that your schooner in the picture next to you name? Have you mounted cannon on the poop deck to repel Cap’n Jack Sparrow?” So play with your swivel gun if you wish, but don’t make fun of our tailgate parties here at the “REAL GSU.” Stories have been spread that your parties aboard the Flying Blue Cock are a case study in notorious debauchery.

whats that you say mate? My schooner... ha ha, my schooner ya say? that's funny, of course not, I chartered it because my Island (can be seen in avatar pic) does not have an air strip.

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
:)

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
can anyone explain why Maine was not hitting the GSU QB?

Baldy
December 11th, 2011, 07:41 AM
can anyone explain why Maine was not hitting the GSU QB?
Because if you hit the QB after he has gotten rid of the ball it's a penalty.

Not like it really matters, Maine could have raped the the TV announcer's wife yesterday and the officials wouldn't have thrown a flag. xcrazyx

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2011, 07:51 AM

Not like it really matters, Maine could have raped the the TV announcer's wife yesterday and the officials wouldn't have thrown a flag. xcrazyx

If they would have hit him just as he was getting rid of the ball, as far as the penalties it seemed they turned a blind eye to all of the GSU false starts, and chop blocks

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
If they would have hit him just as he was getting rid of the ball, as far as the penalties it seemed they turned a blind eye to all of the GSU false starts, and chop blocks

The refs were watching the GSU LoS like hawks all day....did you not notice all the false start penalties (some were certainly questionable)
How about a freaking holding penalty once in a while? I saw ODU and Maine do a good bit of holding and not one flag.

eaglewraith
December 11th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Just because people don't like that we cut block doesn't make it an illegal chop block.

Baldy
December 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM
The refs were watching the GSU LoS like hawks all day....did you not notice all the false start penalties (some were certainly questionable)
How about a freaking holding penalty once in a while? I saw ODU and Maine do a good bit of holding and not one flag.
74 passing attempts between ODU and Maine and not one holding penalty. xeyebrowx

Srdnaty
December 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Wow... how big of a ***** are you after GSU looses?

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM

App's SoCon opponents did not have a single offensive holding call enforced on them all season. xeekx

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Wow... how big of a ***** are you after GSU looses?

Perhaps you two haven't met..?
Baldy is Old Guard AGS - He's kind of a big deal around here
You'll want to check your tone and slip it down a notch when you address him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONHLVfaXI1c&feature=related

:D

Mr. C
December 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Not when the QB is running the option. He is just like any other player at that point.