PDA

View Full Version : It is official

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
The NCAA does not care about students. I have it from a "good source" the NCAA was concerned about the outcome of the NDSU-Lehigh game so they took this opportunity to level the field.xlolx

Seriously, there is now way to justify singling out one player for the use of this word. What a travesty given everything going on in college sports. This is an absolute non-issue. Lehigh dealt with it with there own heavy hand.

Maybe Lehigh should stand up for the kid!

gotts
December 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
The NCAA does not care about students. I have it from a "good source" the NCAA was concerned about the outcome of the NDSU-Lehigh game so they took this opportunity to level the field.xlolx

Seriously, there is now way to justify singling out one player for the use of this word. What a travesty given everything going on in college sports. This is an absolute non-issue. Lehigh dealt with it with there own heavy hand.

Yeah, stand up for him by forfeiting! :D

HandoEX
December 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Couldn't agree more. Let the player play.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
The NCAA does not care about students.

They didn't punish anything relating to his education. I don't think this has anything to do with him being a student. They punished the athlete part of student athlete. And with the singling out...do you have other references where someone used this word and directed it at another team? It wasn't "let them Tigers" or "let them guys" or even "let them pussies." He used a word that is widely known as a derogatory term. Maybe he intended it, maybe he didn't. Regardless, he used the term and aimed it directly at the team he was about to play. He could have used ANY other term, but he had to use that one. It's not the NCAA singling him out. If you believe so, please find other instances where kids used that term in reference to an opposing team.

sgt smash
December 8th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Another troll thread by a moron...

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
David Duke supports your cause! It's unfair that you can't call your opponents' ******S in today's day and age!

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/David-Duke-300x395.jpg

Seriously. Lehigh fans must all be not-so-secret KKK members, based on their vociferous and wholly misleading handling of this. "Oh, he just used the word." No, he didn't. He called Towson players, specifically, niggas.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Seriously. Lehigh fans must all be not-so-secret KKK members, based on their vociferous and wholly misleading handling of this. "Oh, he just used the word." No, he didn't. He called Towson players, specifically, niggas.

But but but but but but but but so did everyone else. Every single other college athlete has used that term towards the Towson athletes, and those Montana boys punched two cops. I was there.

ngineer
December 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Don't broad brush us all. I think the suspension is warranted. What bothers me is that the NCAA took until Thursday to tell Lehigh that he can't play. That really hurts the rest of the team from an offensive planning standpoint. WRs and QBs depend much on timing. Spadola and Lum are on a 'radar' to each other. It takes time to "know" what the other is going to do. Some of our backups may do very well filling in, but it is the increased practice that is important. Especially with the noise situation in the dome, silent counts and timing patterns will be crucial for success. I think most Lehigh fans recognize the player's transgression and the fact it must be dealt with. But the timing of the penalty is odd. They could have easily done this by Tuesday.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Don't broad brush us all. I think the suspension is warranted. What bothers me is that the NCAA took until Thursday to tell Lehigh that he can't play. That really hurts the rest of the team from an offensive planning standpoint. WRs and QBs depend much on timing. Spadola and Lum are on a 'radar' to each other. It takes time to "know" what the other is going to do. Some of our backups may do very well filling in, but it is the increased practice that is important. Especially with the noise situation in the dome, silent counts and timing patterns will be crucial for success. I think most Lehigh fans recognize the player's transgression and the fact it must be dealt with. But the timing of the penalty is odd. They could have easily done this by Tuesday.

Oh, don't worry - you (and almost every other Lehigh fan on here) is not the same as this whole meltdown. Hell, because of you and a few others I managed to snag some good game tape, and you're seriously impressive. Lum's reading is frankly incredible, and you're a fun team to watch. I'm only going to pull the racist asshat card on obvious band-wagoners and mouth-breathers.

And I'll quickly concede your point - the timing on this just sucks. The facts were in Sunday (if not Saturday) night, and the NCAA could have acted then. Waiting is just plain non-productive: if Lehigh is going to be down a player, tell 'em early.

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 11:01 PM
But but but but but but but but so did everyone else. Every single other college athlete has used that term towards the Towson athletes, and those Montana boys punched two cops. I was there.

Your "logic" is just....pathetic. You justify a well documented occurrence where two Montana football players assault a police officer because "you weren't there, you don't know what happened". Yet, you pretend to understand the motivations and directive behind an obscure 128 character message broadcast from a 20 yr old's cell phone.

NO ONE on this board is justifying Ryan Spadola's actions. The outrage stems from the fact that no player has EVER been suspended for a tweet before and this indecent certainly doesn't seem grotesque enough to have the pleasure of being first.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:01 PM
ha ha ha this is hilarious. keep it up, make another thread you big baby. YOUR STUPID WR CALLED TOWSON N____ you still dont get it?

NDSU has lost 2 great wide receivers for the YEAR

JSUBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm guessing they told the coaches/school on Monday or Tuesday, since the infamous thread was posted here on Tuesday night. They appealed maybe and the final edict was etched into stone today. I'm sure coach of Lehigh was in the know fairly early.

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
ha ha ha this is hilarious. keep it up, make another thread you big baby. YOUR STUPID WR CALLED TOWSON N____ you still dont get it?

NDSU has lost 2 great wide receivers for the YEAR

I think they get it. They start posts with things like "NO ONE on this board is justifying Ryan Spadola's actions". None of the Lehigh posters have ever said it is acceptable to call someone that. We get it, you think he's stupid and that he got what he deserved. You've made that point loud and clear, now move on.

And are you trying to parallel NDSU's missing WR's with Spadola's suspension? Assuming they are due to injury, thats not exactly the same as the NCAA saying they can't play less than 48 hours before kickoff. When you know they're gonna be out, and have been out you can't really compare it. Its apples to oranges.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Your "logic" is just....pathetic. You justify a well documented occurrence where two Montana football players assault a police officer because "you weren't there, you don't know what happened". Yet, you pretend to understand the motivations and directive behind an obscure 128 character message broadcast from a 20 yr old's cell phone.

NO ONE on this board is justifying Ryan Spadola's actions. The outrage stems from the fact that no player has EVER been suspended for a tweet before and this indecent certainly doesn't seem grotesque enough to have the pleasure of being first.

I don't know his intentions buddy! That's the whole deal with posting on the internet. We don't know if he was literally slamming the Towson players, or just trying to look cool to his buddy. Regardless, when you post on the internet, it always has the potential to look bad. And yes, with unproven crime, it DOES NOT matter until it's proven to be otherwise. It doesnt matter if you can find 56 newspapers with an article about it. Being written about in the paper doesn't mean the facts of the story are well documented. Have you ever in your life heard of a cop over exaggerating a crime? Especially involving a case where they themselves used physical force. But, you seem more informed about it than me. You read the nbc article.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I don't know his intentions buddy! That's the whole deal with posting on the internet. We don't know if he was literally slamming the Towson players, or just trying to look cool to his buddy. Regardless, when you post on the internet, it always has the potential to look bad. And yes, with unproven crime, it DOES NOT matter until it's proven to be otherwise. It doesnt matter if you can find 56 newspapers with an article about it. Being written about in the paper doesn't mean the facts of the story are well documented. Have you ever in your life heard of a cop over exaggerating a crime? Especially involving a case where they themselves used physical force. But, you seem more informed about it than me. You read the nbc article.

When you post something on the internet, it has the potential to look bad.

When you end up on the front page of 50 newspapers for assaulting a cop, it doesn't matter.

If you're saying that what Ryan Spadola did can't be compared with actually committing a felony. Yes, I agree with you. Good grief, I'm going to bed.

NDB
December 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Sweet Dreams, Charlie Brown.

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 12:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 12:44 AM
When you post something on the internet, it has the potential to look bad.

When you end up on the front page of 50 newspapers for assaulting a cop, it doesn't matter.

If you're saying that what Ryan Spadola did can't be compared with actually committing a felony. Yes, I agree with you. Good grief, I'm going to bed.

You don't get it. You keep saying that they actually committed a felony. They were charged with it. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE from committing a felony and simply being charged with committing one. Whether or not any felonies happened has not been decided yet. Get your words and facts straight before you go claiming them to be suspended or going as far as say anyone committed a felony. There's no comparison needed to happen because their guilt has not been confirmed.

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Since neither you nor the ncaa know Spadola's intentions, why is he being suspended? Why isn't his word good enough?