PDA

View Full Version : UNI v Drake

Bub
May 24th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Well, Iowa State has decided they need to play their home opener against Toledo the same Thursday night as the UNI v Drake game opening Johnny Bright Field under the lights in the renovated Drake Stadium.:mad:

I'm not sure how much this will effect attendance, but it will definitely cut down on how much press the game will receive. What a bunch of crapola.:bang:

bison95
May 24th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Well, Iowa State has decided they need to play their home opener against Toledo the same Thursday night as the UNI v Drake game opening Johnny Bright Field under the lights in the renovated Drake Stadium.:mad:

I'm not sure how much this will effect attendance, but it will definitely cut down on how much press the game will receive. What a bunch of crapola.:bang:

Who is this "Iowa State" you speak of:confused: :eyebrow:

Bub
May 24th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Some Moo U up the road, I hear.:rotateh:

bison95
May 24th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Some Moo U up the road, I hear.:rotateh:

They have football? Do they play against teams like Simpson and BV?

Bub
May 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
That's a valid comparsion to the Big 12 North of late.

bison95
May 24th, 2006, 11:32 AM

Ohhh the big twelve north! So they are the bottom feeders of d1a!

rcny46
May 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM
They have football? Do they play against teams like Simpson and BV?

Yes.And the word is that in `07,they will be adding Coe,Upper Iowa,Wartburg, Luther,and Morningside to their schedule.

May 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I know one media member who will be at Drake regardless of any other game being played in the state... :nod:

Reed Rothchild
May 24th, 2006, 02:07 PM

...and any team in the Big 11 not named Penn State or TOSU

Reed Rothchild
May 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
...attendance and coverage will be down for this game as well. Too bad really. I thought it would finally be a chance for UNI to get some great exposure in Des Moines and attract some new casual fans.

P2TheB
May 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
People will show up for this game. The game will be on state-wide tv. I doubt the Iowa State game will be on tv at all. Heck, UNI was on tv as many times last year as ISU was in football.

Both games start at 7PM, and the Des Moines media will be at both games. UNI has a ton of alumni in the DM area, and people will be interested in the new stadium (the Drake Relays weren't as well attended due to rain, so the newness should still be there). The UNI game will be more affordable...and for a family to get home from work, grab something to eat, and head out the door...they won't have enough time to make it to their seat in Ames at kickoff. But, they would be able to do that at the UNI/Drake game.

Regardless of whether or not ISU is playing, when two Division 1 in-state rivals play, it will be the bigger story, IMO. But I guess time will tell.

bison95
May 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Yes.And the word is that in `07,they will be adding Coe,Upper Iowa,Wartburg, Luther,and Morningside to their schedule.

I predict 3 -4 with that schedule, who are they playing for patsies?

crunifan
May 24th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I'm looking foward to the Drake game. Drake is easily my favorite Iowa school other than UNI, so it's fun to play against them. I have to admit I would like seeing more UNI fans show up than Drake fans...and I think that is entirely possible.

BaylorTitan
May 25th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Must say that I want UNI in this one :)

nmatsen
May 25th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Ya, don't sweat it much. I don't think you have to wory about it.

wannabegaucho
May 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Ohhh the big twelve north! So they are the bottom feeders of d1a!
I didn't know they were worse than the Sun Belt.

TheValleyRaider
May 25th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I didn't know they were worse than the Sun Belt.

You've been blinded by the division's auto-birth into the Detroit Bowl that they get after having it handed to them by Texas/Oklahoma. :D

igo4uni
May 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Who is this "Iowa State" you speak of:confused: :eyebrow:

Ahhhhhhhhh.......... a man after my own heart!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

igo4uni
May 25th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Drake is easily my favorite Iowa school other than UNI

Yes, I agree, crunifan. It's too easy to dislike the squawkeyes and cyclowns in the great state of Iowa. :cool:

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Go Drake!

:D :D :D :D

BaylorTitan
May 25th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I must say Iowa State is probably the 2nd most hated Big XII team outside of Texas (OSU being first). Their softball coach threw a huge fit because we prayed before a game at our home field.

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I must say Iowa State is probably the 2nd most hated Big XII team outside of Texas (OSU being first). Their softball coach threw a huge fit because we prayed before a game at our home field.

Thereby making the visiting team appear godless unless they prayed too. :nonono2:

BaylorTitan
May 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Thereby making the visiting team appear godless unless they prayed too. :nonono2:

No we have a prayer over PA before the game. If she didnt want to pray then thats fine, just sit there. Dont raise a stink when a baptist university wants to pray at one of our home events.:)

wannabegaucho
May 25th, 2006, 10:03 PM
You've been blinded by the division's auto-birth into the Detroit Bowl that they get after having it handed to them by Texas/Oklahoma. :D
And that is why I tend to side with the North rather than the South. As much as I respect Oklahoma, I just respect the North programs more. They are the butt of jokes just like the Pac 10 :(

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 10:12 PM
No we have a prayer over PA before the game. If she didnt want to pray then thats fine, just sit there. Dont raise a stink when a baptist university wants to pray at one of our home events.:)

If Baylor is private, I didn't know, I don't follow I-A schools much. Sorry about that. If that's the case, then that is your absolute right.

BaylorTitan
May 25th, 2006, 10:14 PM
We're private, VERY private. Largest baptist university on earth.

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 10:16 PM
We're private, VERY private. Largest baptist university on earth.

Certainly explains your affinity to Liberty. I was wondering. :)

BaylorTitan
May 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yep, btw, is that a picture of your tatoo?

Tod
May 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yep, btw, is that a picture of your tatoo?

Actually, it's a birthmark. :D :D

Yeah, I got that in Kyrgyzstan almost two years ago. In fact, I was there when I discovered AGS!

Clean place, pretty inexpensive, well hidden if I don't choose to show it, and...IT'S THE GRIZZZZ!! :) :) :)

May 26th, 2006, 03:15 AM
... I don't follow I-A schools much...Who does???