PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for finish in the SoCon

GSU Eagle
May 24th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Well since we have our first preseason poll which I completely forgot to vote in I guess it is time to move on to my conference poll.

SoCon:
1. Appalachian. Obvious choice, defending national champion.
2. Furman. I know Martin is gone but Furman is a solid club
3. GSU. This is like guessing in the dark. It is almost impossible to know what type of GSU team will be our there this year, but I am impressed with the new coaches.
4. WCU. This may be the year WCU makes the playoffs.
5. Chatt. Progress is being made at Chatt. even though it is slow progress.
6. Wofford. My biggest drop from last year. I could be very wrong but I sense Wofford is entering a period of decline.
7. Elon
8. Citadel

Playoff teams: ASU, Furman and a 50/50 chance of GSU

AppGuy04
May 24th, 2006, 10:59 AM
My predictions:
1. App
2. Furman
3. Western
4. GSU
5. Chatt
6. Wofford
7. Citadel
8. Elon

Playoff teams: App and Furman

OL FU
May 24th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well since we have our first preseason poll which I completely forgot to vote in I guess it is time to move on to my conference poll.

SoCon:
1. Appalachian. Obvious choice, defending national champion.
2. Furman. I know Martin is gone but Furman is a solid club
3. GSU. This is like guessing in the dark. It is almost impossible to know what type of GSU team will be our there this year, but I am impressed with the new coaches.
4. WCU. This may be the year WCU makes the playoffs.
5. Chatt. Progress is being made at Chatt. even though it is slow progress.
6. Wofford. My biggest drop from last year. I could be very wrong but I sense Wofford is entering a period of decline.
7. Elon
8. Citadel

Playoff teams: ASU, Furman and a 50/50 chance of GSU

Posted somewhere before but I agree except I switch Elon and the Citadel. I believe Wofford at 5 and Chatt at 6 is a real possibility. Chat plays the wrong teams at home and the wrong teams away.

We find out early about WCU. Games 2 through 4 - EKU (home), FU (away) and GSU (home). If they take two of those they are in good shape for the rest of the season (assuming they don't once again forget there is a "rest of the season") :eek:

catamount man
May 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
We find out early about WCU. Games 2 through 4 - EKU (home), FU (away) and GSU (home). If they take two of those they are in good shape for the rest of the season (assuming they don't once again forget there is a "rest of the season") :eek:

That stretch is crucial to us! If we are 3-1 at the end of September, we will look good, BUT, then again, we have lost the last 2 years to Citadel and Chattanooga is no walk in the park. I will reserve my FINAL preseason predictions for sometime in August. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

carney2
May 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Flip the first two and then flip the last two and you have my prediction.

WYOBISONMAN
May 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I am looking forward to the GSU/North Dakota State game!:nod:

walliver
May 25th, 2006, 01:22 PM
My (trying not to be too biased) take on the SoCon.

1) Furman - Ingle is gone, but it is rare to see a Furman team without a good quarterback.

2) ASU - Almost everybody back, but Ritchie was a difference-maker and will be missed.

3) GSU - This team could be kicking A and taking names or getting their A's kicked this year, but I would never bet against them.

4) Wofford - The players recruited after the 2003 season should start to get playing time, and Kevious is back.

5) Western Carolina - The Catamounts always seem to start the year with great potential, but somehow it rarely comes together.

6) Chattanooga - Good talent, but can they get the team to mesh together

7) Citadel - finally the other dogs are not playing with a first year coach, but still have a ways to go.

8) Elon - A new coach (Their third in their short SoCon history), but he has a lot of baggage to unload first.