PDA

View Full Version : Should Spadola Be Suspended?

Rob Iola
December 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
How does a Lehigh All-American not know that it's insanely stupid to have a racial slur in any way associated with his name?

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mods lock this....we have a thread for this already.

344Johnson
December 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
He shouldn't be suspended. But is he a flippin' idiot? Most certainly. If he did it again, I'd say he should be on the sidelines in street clothes.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
:D You're an ***...

(I laughed HARD when I saw this) :p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
You forgot to add "Who cares?"

Rob Iola
December 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Mods lock this....we have a thread for this already.

But you voted didn't you?

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
But you voted didn't you?

No. I didn't.

BisonBohl
December 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
No he shouldn't but lets hope the kid learns a lesson from all of this.

Rob Iola
December 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
No. I didn't.

But if you had which option would you have selected?

BTW, Cleets is 100% correct...

Flizack
December 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM
No. After playing at Towson and listening to the pre-game song with the same racial slurrs being sung before the game being sung. You have to be kidding. Then if you go on Twitter and and find other players who have the same racial slurs from North Dakota, Towson, and other in the current play off brackets, why are they not being suspended from play? The coaching staff xsalutexat Towaon should be suspended from next year 1 game for allowing such a crude song to be played at the opening on the play off game lasst week. I was offended as were other people who listened to the music? CUT THE KID A BREAK HE MADE A MISTAKE.

DJKyR0
December 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM
At first I thought this read "Should Spadola be Spayed?" which made me extremely confused and thinking that perhaps this whole thing was REALLY getting blown out of proportion.

BisonLakes
December 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
At first I thought this read "Should Spadola be Spayed?" which made me extremely confused and thinking that perhaps this whole thing was REALLY getting blown out of proportion.

Maybe you don't think it'd be a good idea, but who knows maybe the majority of AGS posters do - someone should start a poll.

Doc QB
December 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
No. After playing at Towson and listening to the pre-game song with the same racial slurrs being sung before the game being sung. You have to be kidding. Then if you go on Twitter and and find other players who have the same racial slurs from North Dakota, Towson, and other in the current play off brackets, why are they not being suspended from play? The coaching staff xsalutexat Towaon should be suspended from next year 1 game for allowing such a crude song to be played at the opening on the play off game lasst week. I was offended as were other people who listened to the music? CUT THE KID A BREAK HE MADE A MISTAKE.

I was at the game...and maybe am stupid, but what was the song, what was the slur??????

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
No way. If you want to punish him, I'd be OK with not having him run onto the field for warm-ups with the rest of the team, but not miss any gametime. What happens outside the stadium, stays outside the stadium.

flowerchild
December 7th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I was at the game...and maybe am stupid, but what was the song, what was the slur??????

It was a rap song and the word cannot be written nor spoken.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RFZrzg62Zj0

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2011, 02:24 PM

16308.....OKAY..TA...SING IT........xconfusedxxconfusedx.........BRAWK!

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
It's even made the news overseas.......they are allowed to talk about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XaH8vQh_phw

bisonnation
December 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I dont know. i do know its stupid for a white guy to use the N word in a public forum and criticize the opponent when you represent the entire school. does the punishment fit the crime?

Doc QB
December 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Thank you. No need to repeat a certain word, we clearly know which. The utilization of said word, championed in certain circles as acceptable vernacular, venomous by others and considered racist bothers the crap out of me that such a double standard exists. An ugly work no matter how utilized.

But WHY IN THE HELL would Towson pick a song like that, on that impressive sound system at Unitas Stadium, to come through the Tiger head and enter the field to? What brain surgeon thought that was a good idea?

flowerchild
December 7th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Thank you. No need to repeat a certain word, we clearly know which. The utilization of said word, championed in certain circles as acceptable vernacular, venomous by others and considered racist bothers the crap out of me that such a double standard exists. An ugly work no matter how utilized.

But WHY IN THE HELL would Towson pick a song like that, on that impressive sound system at Unitas Stadium, to come through the Tiger head and enter the field to? What brain surgeon thought that was a good idea?

Exactly! If people were discussing this at the tailgate, Towson was aware of the situation prior to game time and still played that song over the sound system.

KNUTS
December 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Did he spell it with an er or a at the end because that makes a huge difference! I dont use the word and dont care to hear it but I'm sure the kid was taken out of context.

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Did he spell it with an er or a at the end because that makes a huge difference! I dont use the word and dont care to hear it but I'm sure the kid was taken out of context.

He used the "a" version and talked like most under-socialized college kids his age talk.

KNUTS
December 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
He used the "a" version and talked like most under-socialized college kids his age talk.

Thats FAGGY!... Oh crap now I did it! What a B**** move I feel like a RETARDED MIDGET.

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Thats FAGGY!... Oh crap now I did it! What a B**** move I feel like a RETARDED MIDGET.

Sorry, we're going to have to suspend you from the these board for a week.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Who gives a
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ko1OM22pqsQ/TX-j_j_qIhI/AAAAAAAAFz0/eQLfQFw_3E0/s1600/ratass.jpg

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
http://pdxurbanoutdoorsman.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/rats_***.jpg

PWN'D by the vulgarity filter.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Yes..!!! xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM

whoops!

Seriously, this thread is stupid, all the Spadola crap is stupid and everybody who bought it is stupid.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
whoops!

Seriously, this thread is stupid, all the Spadola crap is stupid and everybody who bought it is stupid.

FUN... not stupid (I'll help you out with this)
The Mall is stupid - but it works - It keeps women and children off the streets and puts 150 of the stores I'll never go to all in one place (stupid yes / but effective)

This thread is FUN...
It keeps Rob Iola off the streets and gives Ursus one more reason to hate my guts
and allows me to entertain myself (potentially for days) we'll see

LakesBison
December 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
OF COURSE HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED. HES A WHITE KID SAYING THIS ABOUT THE BLACK GUYS HE WAS ABOUT TO PLAY.

black players can use that word a billion times in their tweets, because that's how they roll. BUT SPADOLA typed this tweet directly to the Towson Dback (who are all black)

suspend this prick

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
My Troll sensor just hit eleven...

xeyebrowx xlolx

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM
What would happen if Andrew Luck had sent this tweet?

I-16Bandit
December 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
What a piece of **** kind of poll is this?

I went to vote, but didn't see a "Pee in the butt" option???

Bull ****.

DP_ASU
December 7th, 2011, 07:38 PM
You guys are a bunch of niggas....

Are you gonna suspend me?

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM

No, because you aren't a person of influence. Ryan Spadola is a person of influence. Thousands of young Lehigh fans and I'm sure kids who watched him play in high school look up to him. What are they going to think when they see what he said and find out that he could basically get away with it? What's going to stop them from wanting to be the same?

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM
What's going to stop them from wanting to be the same?

Common sense... (Maybe..?)

I see your point but I hope for the best

heath
December 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM

+1

heath
December 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
No, because you aren't a person of influence. Ryan Spadola is a person of influence. Thousands of young Lehigh fans and I'm sure kids who watched him play in high school look up to him. What are they going to think when they see what he said and find out that he could basically get away with it? What's going to stop them from wanting to be the same?

-1. you are an idiot

lehighfball
December 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM

He didn't get away with it. Lehigh has addressed the situation with him. There's nothing wrong with any kid wanting to be the same as Spadola. He's playing football at a top tier academic institution.

HailSzczur
December 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm a little late joining the party, but heres my 2 cents
While I know what he did reflects poorly for the university and all, I also believe theirs a time and a place for everything. We had a similar issue but in basketball, when starters Scottie Reynolds and Corey Fisher were benched to start a first round game against Robert Morris that we almost ended up losing. The consensus amongst Nova bball fans was that while its nice to see a coach have that moral integrity, think of the ramifications and don't overreact. I personally think that the quarterfinals of the playoffs is the time or place. Certainly you must slap him on the wrists, he did something wrong publicly.

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 08:13 PM
-1. you are an idiot

What is idiotic about what i said?

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
What is idiotic about what i said?

I think he means "I respectfully disagree"

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I think he means "I respectfully disagree"

Was just providing a much less intelligent way to disagree?

bisonnation
December 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Dom Izzo from the Fargo TV station says hes not suspended. https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY/status/144513024621948928

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I seriously got banned at Bisonville. Wow...now I know what a 9/11 Truther feels like....minus the insanity part.

bisonnation
December 7th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I seriously got banned at Bisonville. Wow...now I know what a 9/11 Truther feels like....minus the insanity part.

They didnt ban you. They have to have manually approve your posts. 911 truthers have fact behind what they say. i had to have my posts manually approved on other boards without saying stupid things

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
They didnt ban you. They have to have manually approve your posts. 911 truthers have fact behind what they say. i had to have my posts manually approved on other boards without saying stupid things

They banned me from posting. I can't even access the page. I don't really care, everyone on both these message boards is delusional. At least do me one last favor and post that I'm banned in the AmA so people stop asking questions.

If none of you can put the pieces together on this one then I give up.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Posting incorrect rumors about student athletes will get the banhammer brought down on you at Bisonville everytime.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
There is quality control over at Bville.

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
There is quality control over at Bville.

My ban has nothing to lack or quality or correctness.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Except I said all along this was a stupid bull**** rumor with no basis in fact or reality. You kept perpetuating this dumb story, I'm glad somebody shut you up.

Neighbor2
December 7th, 2011, 10:06 PM
LehighGuy,

Somehow I think you relish all this attention. Look, you went out on a very thin limb, and lost. You were much too matter-of-fact on little evidence. You needlessly riled-up tons of posters, pro and con. I believe Lehigh and Spadola deserved more consideration and patience then you afforded. Please be more careful. My blood pressure is already too high over this game!

molly
December 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM

Did they ban you for being unable to write coherently?

tojo70
December 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
9/11 truther? No, you should fee like a ignorant, immature, moron. I would've totally understood it, if you had said something to the effect of "hey, I heard that he might be suspended" or "talked to a friend within the organization" and left it at that. But, you got defensive when people called your BS, and kept pushing it.
I have respect for EVERY player on EVERY team that steps on to a football field and does something that I did not have the physical or mental ability to do. Yes, I talk smack, and do generalize some teams for the lack of character of a few of their players that take advantage of their fortunes. I do occasionally get called out on it, but that's the way it is.
For you to call this out, is total bull****. I have no respect for someone like you to take away from something that I find great pride in.
For you to call yourself "LehighGuy" and represent yourself as a fan, I find disgraceful. I am on quite a few message boards and have never put anyone on ignore. You have the honor of being the first. Not that it matters much.
I have read posts from fans of the teams that I cheer for and have taken offense to them, but you are the first that I would be absolutely ashamed of if I was someone that others compared me to for rooting for the same team.
You are a POS!

Engineer86
December 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM

This from a guy who posted 20 laughing smiley faces in another thread on this topic. Now Ryan is a role model, it is not just about disagreeing with you, you truly are an idiot.

tojo70
December 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
This from a guy who posted 20 laughing smiley faces in another thread on this topic. Now Ryan is a roll monitor, it is not just about disagreeing with you, you truly are an idiot.
WTF is a roll monitor? Were you trying to be funny?

Engineer86
December 7th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Fixed it, been a long day

Bogus Megapardus
December 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM
The Patriot League press release seems to indicate that Spadola will play.

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120711aaa.html

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM

Sorry man but the "for the kids" thing just falls on deaf ears with me and can never be used as an excuse for why adults need to watch their P's & Q's unless they are specifically involved in something designed for kids. To me part of the problem with the gigantic amount of sissies around anymore is due to the over protection and sanitization of all environments to be kid friendly. **** that.

Any kid old enough to have a twitter account should reasonably have the tools to deal with the faults of their heroes. I just can't go along with the shielding cuz I don't remember adults having to treat me or my brother like little Lords that all regular activity had to stop around...and seeing an adult fugging it up by the numbers didn't make me think "hey that's a good idea and I need to start doing that!"

I think that Heath would have said it like that if he had the time.:)

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Posting incorrect rumors about student athletes will get the banhammer brought down on you at Bisonville everytime.

Except I said all along this was a stupid bull**** rumor with no basis in fact or reality. You kept perpetuating this dumb story, I'm glad somebody shut you up.

LehighGuy,

Somehow I think you relish all this attention. Look, you went out on a very thin limb, and lost. You were much too matter-of-fact on little evidence. You needlessly riled-up tons of posters, pro and con. I believe Lehigh and Spadola deserved more consideration and patience then you afforded. Please be more careful. My blood pressure is already too high over this game!

9/11 truther? No, you should fee like a ignorant, immature, moron. I would've totally understood it, if you had said something to the effect of "hey, I heard that he might be suspended" or "talked to a friend within the organization" and left it at that. But, you got defensive when people called your BS, and kept pushing it.
I have respect for EVERY player on EVERY team that steps on to a football field and does something that I did not have the physical or mental ability to do. Yes, I talk smack, and do generalize some teams for the lack of character of a few of their players that take advantage of their fortunes. I do occasionally get called out on it, but that's the way it is.
For you to call this out, is total bull****. I have no respect for someone like you to take away from something that I find great pride in.
For you to call yourself "LehighGuy" and represent yourself as a fan, I find disgraceful. I am on quite a few message boards and have never put anyone on ignore. You have the honor of being the first. Not that it matters much.
I have read posts from fans of the teams that I cheer for and have taken offense to them, but you are the first that I would be absolutely ashamed of if I was someone that others compared me to for rooting for the same team.
You are a POS!

Come Saturday, a lot of people here are going to be putting their foot in their mouth. I also don't expect they will have enough integrity to come onto this forum and publicly apologize for ostracizing me.

coldspot
December 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Come Saturday, a lot of people here are going to be putting their foot in their mouth. I also don't expect they will have enough integrity to come onto this forum and publicly apologize for ostracizing me.

Did Coen not say, earlier today, that the kid isn't suspended? do you know something the head coach doesn't know?

sgt smash
December 7th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I think he means Lehigh is gonna win and we will all just quit posting on here. But as a Bison fan I know darn well that if NDSU loses I will be on here complaining about the refs, the wind, the humidity and that ugly blue smart car that is parked across the street. Why? Because we are classless thats why.

Take that to the bank.

Hope this helps.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I think he means Lehigh is gonna win.

He quoted my quote(which called him out for posting incorrect rumors), so he obviously still thinks he will be suspended.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:24 PM
xdeadhorsex

Bogus Megapardus
December 7th, 2011, 11:26 PM

You're championing Lehigh University. That alone necessarily subjects you to universal, axiomatic ostracization. My guess is that you're not really a Lehigh graduate; even so, safety schools always seems to try harder and tend succeed as a result of such efforts.

But in your case, we'll make an exception.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 06:46 AM

I said nothing about the game. I think NDSU will win. You would not get banned from Bville for simply stating that Lehigh will win. You said something completely false and ran with it. I wonder if it is because you don't have anything else to say about the game.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
this prick should be SUSPENDED for calling towson players the N word. period, end of story.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Suspension is not warranted, apology has been made.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
December 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Suspension is not warranted, apology has been made.

I know you
You're the man who started the original thread that went roaring across the internet

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah if I could take it back i would. Lehigh doesn't need the distractions, they have tough enough opponent.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
December 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah if I could take it back i would. Lehigh doesn't need the distractions, they have tough enough opponent.

You're reasonably famous right now

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
You're reasonably famous right now

Its not wanted, didn't realize what i started

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
December 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I found you here
It's nice to finally meet you after two days of hysteria

LehighU11
December 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM

You idiot, it's pretty clear that you're just another detractor of Lehigh. Go deal with your own life instead of trying to ruin some 20 year old's. Pretty pathetic that you felt the need to spread such a malicious rumor about a player on a team that does just about everything right. Lehigh's student athletes actually put forth effort to make a difference in others' lives, unlike many lazy, unintelligent, and money focused college football players.

I suggest you look at this (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2534192484464&set=p.2534192484464&type=3&theater) and read this story (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/10/sundays-word-jack.html) by Lehigh Football Nation about the team adopting an ill child as a member of its team.

LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT! (and Saturday xprayx)

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I found you here
It's nice to finally meet you after two days of hysteria

Same to you.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Again all i can do is apologize. I will be fully supporting LU in each and every game.

SouthMountainWreckingBall
December 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Tempest in a tea pot. Frankly, the ghettofied five letter N word has been completely stripped of meaning in comparison to the original. The kid should have known better than to put it out there while being a representative of Lehigh, but while some doughy Upper Midwest hicks who don't even know any black people can nonetheless act all PC and self-righteous about it, we're at a point where kids of different races who play sports together are comfortable enough with each other that it's kind of hard for things they hear their black friends say 50 times an hour to not casually slip into their vernacular.

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Again all i can do is apologize. I will be fully supporting LU in each and every game.

You don't need to apologize to LehighU11 or anyone else on this message board.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
You don't need to apologize to LehighU11 or anyone else on this message board.

Agreed

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Tempest in a tea pot. Frankly, the ghettofied five letter N word has been completely stripped of meaning in comparison to the original. The kid should have known better than to put it out there while being a representative of Lehigh, but while some doughy Upper Midwest hicks who don't even know any black people can nonetheless act all PC and self-righteous about it, we're at a point where kids of different races who play sports together are comfortable enough with each other that it's kind of hard for things they hear their black friends say 50 times an hour to not casually slip into their vernacular.

I agree with your statement except IF you are making a reference to NDSU, I take exception to that. I'm not sure if you are or not. I just want to commend on MOST of the Bison fans for advocating a consistent and appropriate response to this type of behavior regardless of the person demonstrating it.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I am not necessarily apologizing to him as i am the lehigh community. I had thought incorrectly about the implications of the post.

SouthMountainWreckingBall
December 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I agree with your statement except IF you are making a reference to NDSU, I take exception to that. I'm not sure if you are or not. I just want to commend on MOST of the Bison fans for advocating a consistent and appropriate response to this type of behavior regardless of the person demonstrating it.

Nah. I'm not taking a swipe at NDSU people in general, even though my mother went to the University of Minnesota. :-) I'm just taking a swipe at the handful of them who are being self-righteous about this.

Catbooster
December 8th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Tempest in a tea pot is about right. I doubt this has even hit most people's radar outside of a bunch of die-hard FCS fans who probably spend way more time on message boards than they should (at least I do). But it sure riled up a lot of posts on those message boards.

Hopefully it's not a distraction for the teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Nah. I'm not taking a swipe at NDSU people in general, even though my mother went to the University of Minnesota. :-) I'm just taking a swipe at the handful of them who are being self-righteous about this.

Handful, meaning one dopey idiot who is banned from his team's fan forum and on the local law enforcement's radar.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Handful, meaning one dopey idiot who is banned from his team's fan forum and on the local law enforcement's radar.

That kind of puts it all in perspective - thank you for the clarification...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Agreed
Doubled. If there is some guy that wants to put himself as a pompous know it all, never do anything wrong, goody two shoes like Lehigh11 did then good for him. It shouldn't mean **** all to anyone and I doubt it does.

There were not false accusations, what was said was alleged to have happen actually did. The punishment for it seems mistaken and with the rumors on all the message boards that are frequently wrong this is the thing that really gets to ya huh? Good for y'all.xthumbsupx

The dude that somehow had the most clear and cogent critique on how this should have been presented was somehow MR. CHICKEN.

Some of you and your high horse attitude are just comedic relief for most of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRe_fK7pbw

In other words I also agree with SouthMountainWreckingBall.

LehighLarry
December 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Morning Call blog says there may be an announcement later today.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2011/12/spadolas-status-for-playoff-game-in-jeopardy.html

GradBison
December 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Morning Call blog says there may be an announcement later today.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2011/12/spadolas-status-for-playoff-game-in-jeopardy.html

I was hoping we've seen the end of this topic.

On a side note, I don't know why folks at Lehigh keep saying it was a re-tweet. Anybody who knows anything about twitter knows that's not the case.

I hope the kid gets to play and believe he should be allowed to.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Can we suspend lakes?

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Can we suspend lakes?

Lakes Bison or Bison Lakes
We're overflowing with Bison and Lakes around here

:D

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Can we suspend lakes?

From, with, and by what?

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Story is now officially broke. You can all go to hell. Including that asshat LFN.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Story is now officially broke. You can all go to hell. Including that asshat LFN.

You mean there is an actual source saying he is suspended? Where?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Just because some dope at the paper decided to report that there are "rumors circulating" doesn't make the story true. Nothing else in that story gives any concrete proof that it is even being considered. Check you calendar, it's Thursday, the game is in less than 48 hrs.

FargoBison
Suspend lakes from your thoughts by using the ignore feature.....

PLfan
Michael Lore reporter for Lehigh Valley Live just reported that Spadola is suspended for the game this Saturday. This is ridiculous!

PLfan
December 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
more from Lore : The decision was made by the NCAA. A full statement will be released soon

Side Judge
December 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2011/12/get_live_game_updates_as_lehig.html

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Its done, its deserving, YOU GOTTA SUSPEND HIM...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2011/12/get_live_game_updates_as_lehig.html

See? A link to credible evidence. That always helps.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Sucks for both teams. Don't want any excuses.

GOB1SON
December 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
As a Bison fan, I am extremely disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing Lehigh at full strength and don't want the result of this game, one way or the other, tainted by some NCAA bull****.

Neighbor2
December 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
If true, this now becomes a joke of a game for me. Not interested, won't watch.

You might have been right, LehighGuy. Congratulations (I suppose).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
As a Bison fan, I am extremely disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing Lehigh at full strength and don't want the result of this game, one way or the other, tainted by some NCAA bull****.

I will say it again. This isn't the reason Lehigh will lose on Saturday. It gives them a good excuse, but it isn't the reason.

Side Judge
December 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Reminds me of when George Mason suspended their starting point guard Tony Skinn for the opening round March Madness game in 2006 against Michigan State - we all know how that ended up.

Lum still has Drwal, Fitz, and his TEs, so it's still competitive...

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I don't believe he's been suspended (yet) When I see the NCAA report I'll believe it

HandoEX
December 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I feel exactly the same way. It's a shame we won't get to see this talented receiver on Saturday. This whole situation is just plain bizarre. NDSU's fan base would go completely ballistic if the situation was reversed and it was a Bison first team all american that was suspended.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Justice is served, you CANT BE A WHITE KID FROM LEHIGH and call the Towson Dbacks Ni----PERIOD, END OF STORY.

a black kid from houston can call another black kid from chicago that word. (in.person or on twitter)

SEE THE DIFF?? Done.

lehighfball
December 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Sucks for both teams. Don't want any excuses.

You're FOS. You're not a Lehigh Fan.

lehighfball
December 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Justice is served, you CANT BE A WHITE KID FROM LEHIGH and call the Towson Dbacks Ni----PERIOD, END OF STORY.

a black kid from houston can call another black kid from chicago that word. (in.person or on twitter)

SEE THE DIFF?? Done.

IF THE "n" WORD IS CONSIDERED OFFENSIVE BY THE NCAA, IT SHOULD GO BOTH WAYS. THERE SHOULD BE NO DIFFERENCE.

LUHawker
December 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
What a bunch of crap.

Looks like JJ and others will have to step up.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Players shouldn't be using social media for taunting other teams in the first place...even more stupid to use racially charged language to do so.

Clambake
December 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Here is the NCAA release. People should start investigating Montana's players tweets

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2011/december/public+reprimand+and+suspension+issued+to+lehigh+u niversity+football+student-athlete

Footballhero
December 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
If true, this now becomes a joke of a game for me. Not interested, won't watch.

You might have been right, LehighGuy. Congratulations (I suppose).

There are 50 other kids playing, this type of thinking makes no sense to me. I actually think Lehigh still wins. Lum is the difference maker.

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
You're FOS. You're not a Lehigh Fan.

If that's what you wanna believe buddy, cool. I have already apologized as i know what kind of effort it takes to get to this point. I made a mistake.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 03:50 PM
This is an absolutely spineless, PC move and we do have those same kind of people in Montana. There is no way we don't have players doing this same sort of **** and it would be hard to find players on any team that haven't said similar things.

This is discrimination against a player because he is white.

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
This is an absolutely spineless, PC move and we do have those same kind of people in Montana. There is no way we don't have players doing this same sort of **** and it would be hard to find players on any team that haven't said similar things.

This is discrimination against a player because he is white.

I just sent an email to the Lehigh President making that same statement. Disgusting move by Lehigh.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
If that's what you wanna believe buddy, cool. I have already apologized as i know what kind of effort it takes to get to this point. I made a mistake.

You were correct and in spite of that FACT some emotional posters want to paint as something other than a concerned fan trying to discuss something that concerned you. Brush them off dude cuz you can not pay a lot of attention to them and you sure as hell don't need to apologize to them.

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hopefully all of these players are held to the same standard:

http://i.imgur.com/oeX1i.jpg

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2011, 04:00 PM
There is a strong absolutely disgusting double standard in this country. If you are a certain skin color it's ok to say certain things. I'm not agreeing with what he said but I am saying that the same standard he's held to should be the bar ALL no matter of color are held to. Unfortunately it's not.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I just sent an email to the Lehigh President making that same statement. Disgusting move by Lehigh.

Wait a minute, I'm confused now? Is it Lehigh that did this or the NCAA? Whatever the case if you'd like some support from the guys that agree with you please post the link because since only the whiners and the PC *****es seem to get their way on these matters maybe we should push back once in a while and let people know that all of are not sniveling malcontents that need protection from every little comment out there.

phoenix3
December 8th, 2011, 04:06 PM
He should absolutely be suspended for using the n---a word as long as every player, REGARDLESS OF RACE, who uses this word publically is suspended. Is this realistic? Probably, but it is at least consistent!

Clambake
December 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Wait a minute, I'm confused now? Is it Lehigh that did this or the NCAA? Whatever the case if you'd like some support from the guys that agree with you please post the link because since only the whiners and the PC *****es seem to get their way on these matters maybe we should push back once in a while and let people know that all of are not sniveling malcontents that need protection from every little comment out there.

It was definitely the NCAA

robsnotes4u
December 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hey write have to get rid of the Sioux mascot and name which he Sioux tribe wants us to keep. The Sioux call themselves Sioux but it is disrespectful r a white man to call them Sioux. The NCAA is messed up. I am a fan of both Montana teams being from Montana, went to school at UND and now live in Fargo. Exciting first me, but taking inevitable the greats out of the game ruins this game and the er playoffs. It maybe wrong, but what happened to sticks and stones.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lehighfball
December 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
You were correct and in spite of that FACT some emotional posters want to paint as something other than a concerned fan trying to discuss something that concerned you. Brush them off dude cuz you can not pay a lot of attention to them and you sure as hell don't need to apologize to them.

He wasn't correct the other day. Once the suspension rumors started to circulate on the net the NCAA chickened out and are now acting on it today. Why today, why not last week? They were hoping it would stay under the radar, that's why. They just opened up a can of worms with this. Reverse discrimination being one of them.

LakesBison
shut up rob. your a fool, the WHITE kid called the BLACK towson players the N word. youre an idiot

F350KINGRANCH
my posts shouldnt have been deleted, lehighguy is personally attacking my football team, they had no part of the suspension process!!!! therefore he was being an asshat

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 04:34 PM
shut up rob. your a fool, the WHITE kid called the BLACK towson players the N word. youre an idiot

The generic use of that word is not specific to a kid. When the kid first called himself the word, he opened it up to be retweeted. Or do you live in a world of double standard?

BisonLakes
December 8th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Do you have any friends? Or are you just this way behind an anonymous internet name? All you do is reflect poorly on yourself and your upbringing when you do this - ironically enough the difference between you and Spadola.

catbob
December 8th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Ah good ol America. Where theft, assault, bribes, DUIs and arrests are all swept under the NCAA rug, but don't you dare ever make a racist comment in public!

LEHIGH61
December 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Well Spadola was instrumental in taking Towson DOWN! Thank you, Ryan. This Twitter stuff is stupid to begin with. If anything, it shoud never be a public thing. Ryan Spadola was just named to the first team ALL-AMERICA squad. He is also has been honored as an academic student. Who was the ahole who sent him the original twitter. Can we suspend him from anything, or does he have nothing of value in his life.?

LeadBolt
December 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Maybe for the first series...

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I will say it again. This isn't the reason Lehigh will lose on Saturday. It gives them a good excuse, but it isn't the reason.

Either way, wouldn't you rather see two good teams play at full strength. That is what the playoffs are about. NDSU is a clear favorite, but ... What web site are you on? It was not a lock, still isn't, but I think most on here just want to see four great football games. Yes we all want to win, but if we lost to Towson last week, it was still one of the best games I have ever seen.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Either way, wouldn't you rather see two good teams play at full strength. That is what the playoffs are about. NDSU is a clear favorite, but ... What web site are you on? It was not a lock, still isn't, but I think most on here just want to see four great football games. Yes we all want to win, but if we lost to Towson last week, it was still one of the best games I have ever seen.

I'm on "www.seededteamsareusuallyfavoredathome.com/obvious"

BisonLakes
December 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Do they have pictures of pretty girls there?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Do they have pictures of pretty girls there?

Yeah, they have a strict "No Iowegians" policy.

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Good thing cause you do a great job of stating the obvious!

And I never realized that in North Dakota, favorites never lose. Despite what that guy from Ohio says.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Good thing cause you do a great job of stating the obvious!

And I never realized that in North Dakota, favorites never lose. Despite what that guy from Ohio says.

Good lord, I'm not from Ohio, call me "stuck" in Ohio for the moment. Born and raised in Fargo.

As for your comment about favorites never losing, I didn't say that. I simply folded my belief that NDSU will win on Saturday, which existed before this whole Spadola issue with a declaration that NDSU will still win no matter what happens.

/obvious

--I was really saving my 400th post to insult Lakes but, meh.

Engineer86
December 8th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Good lord, I'm not from Ohio, call me "stuck" in Ohio for the moment. Born and raised in Fargo.

/obvious

I now realize that. Let me spell it out for you. YOUNGSTOWN ST was not favored and won. It is possible.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I now realize that. Let me spell it out for you. YOUNGSTOWN ST was not favored and won. It is possible.

Holy crap, I don't even know what we're arguing about. All I'm saying is that I have confidence in my team. I would have some confidence anyway but you are coming into a place where the team is 31-8 over the last 7 seasons (4 of those losses coming in a disastrous season in 2009 so a complete outlier).

This team is just plain good at home. No questions asked. YSU was an aberration and should give you some hope but make no mistake, this team would be favored with or without Ryan Spadola playing. That's all I'm saying.

towsonx
December 8th, 2011, 08:57 PM
xdohx

There really should have been a “I really don’t care” choice.

It’s sad that after 2 ½ years in college, Spadola had to learn about Internet openness the hard way.

Isn’t that the basic idea of Twitter? So all can know your thoughts? Follow you? etc.,?

A Community College course in "Internet Concepts" over Winter break may be a good Investment.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/ab/ab14e9d1d4c0d40433cedb6e7af03e2d/superlatives_in_which_we_salute_a_helmetless_misso uri_state_players_quixotic_chase_of_joe_adams.jpg

Neighbor2
December 8th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I'm thinking its best for Towson to remain out of this conversation.

towsonx
December 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking its best for Towson to remain out of this conversation.

Yes. You and others are welcome to post your opinion, but like Twitter I post where I want.