PDA

View Full Version : Did a 20-page thread disappear?

SumItUp
December 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Unless I'm dreaming, there was a long thread about Spadola's playing status and it's gone. Did the NCAA gain admin access? Homeland Security?

LehighGuy
December 6th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Yea, really wtf is going on. Mods, why was it taken down?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 6th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think our boy Cleets not knowing the awesome power of at his grasp tried to delete a post that a user requested and then proceeded to delete an entire thread.

I am working now to find it and restore it but have had no luck as of yet. Give me a few minutes and I'll try and get it back.

It is not intentional and I apologize for leaving you all in his care for a brief period of time.:D

DJKyR0
December 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM
It's a conspiracy! The mods are in league with the Illuminati! Class warfare! Panic!

SumItUp
December 6th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I don't want to speak out of turn but I think our boy Cleets not knowing the awesome power of at his grasp tried to delete a post that a user requested and then proceeded to delete an entire thread.
.:D

Now that's funny.

LehighGuy
December 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM

I am working now to find it and restore it but have had no luck as of yet. Give me a few minutes and I'll try and get it back.

It is not intentional and I apologize for leaving you all in his care for a brief period of time.:D

Oh Jesus....good help is so hard to find.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM
SOME UH MAH BEST...MATERIAL.....DOWN DUH TUBES..........:(.....BRAWK!

AN'....AH'M ON MAH....LAST BREWSKI.........BUZZ ELIMINATED.........YEA!...CLEETS....:(...AWK!

LehighGuy
December 6th, 2011, 11:47 PM
SOME UH MAH BEST...MATERIAL.....DOWN DUH TUBES..........:(.....BRAWK!

AN'....AH'M ON MAH....LAST BREWSKI.........BUZZ ELIMINATED.........YEAH CLEETS....:(...AWK!

And your damn post count dropped back down! Stop posting now! If they restore it we'll never know what 17K actually was!

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Okay...
I get moderator request to delete a post by the guy who posted it... Easy enough
I go to the post as requested by the POSTER who posted it and "Hit delete"

and the whole thread drops....

needless to say he was requesting a thread be deleted - not a post - which we don't really do around here...
Unless you're me...

xsmoochx I could use a HUG right now

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2011, 11:51 PM
ESPN was in a thread nearby and rigged that thread to disappear!

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2011, 11:52 PM
AH'M...TELLIN' YA'S....IFIN' IT CAN HAPPEN.....IT'LL HAPPEN HERE....:(....AWK!

FBS PIRATES......SHANGHAI'ED.....IT..........PROTECTIN '............LSU/BAMA........BRAWK!

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I assure you this was NOT intentional...

LehighGuy
December 6th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Possibly the most controversial thread in AGS in history, with the largest implications...and it gets nuked. WOW.

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Stay tuned: It'll be back in a minute

DJKyR0
December 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Okay...
I get moderator request to delete a post by the guy who posted it... Easy enough

needless to say he was requesting a thread be deleted - not a post - which we don't really do around here...
Unless you're me...

Sounds like you could use one of these:

http://tiwibzone.tiwib.netdna-cdn.com/images/snuggle-pillow.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RWJ9S8/?tag=047-20

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Possibly the most controversial thread in AGS in history, with the largest implications...and it gets nuked. WOW.

That's a bit of an over dramatization...
But I hear you

LehighU11
December 7th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Sounds like you could use one of these:

http://tiwibzone.tiwib.netdna-cdn.com/images/snuggle-pillow.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RWJ9S8/?tag=047-20

Haha, you NDSU fans are alright. Hope the game on Saturday is as thrilling as ours this past weekend, no matter what the outcome of these crazy rumors and supposed suspension is.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Okay...

Unless you're me...

SOME-BODAH TEACH DUH KNUCKLE-DRAGGERAH....TA DELETE HIS OWN....AH DO IT ALL DUH TIME....TA AVOID.....GRIZZWOLD GRIEF!!!!....LET'S PICK IT UP...IN DUH A.M..........G'NIGHT MARY ALICE.....NIGHTY.....JOHN BOY......HEY CUBBY.....DON'T FO'GET DUH RUBBER SHEET......BETTERAH HOPE AH DON'T SLEEP-WALK AGIN'...AARON!.........HEY MOM........SISSY....TOOK MAH TEDDY!

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Look at the bright side cleets....at least you gave me a reason to go to bed! Thanks!

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I think the Spadola thread just crossed over into The Twilight Zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Wow.

Just amazing.

I can't find this thing anywhere. Spent over an hour now, will look again tomorrow but Cleets does a very thorough job when he does it. I would like to give his neck a nice little hug with my vice grip hands right now.

I can't blame that last part on this though.

frozennorth
December 7th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I think the Spadola thread just crossed over into The Twilight Zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y
Coincidentally, that's where it came from.

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Coincidentally, that's where it came from.

Actually I think it all originated here. blog (http://alexglaze.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/should-spadola-have-played/)

At least I imagine that's when people caught word of it. For once, an FCS team is glad it's just at the popularity level of the FCS. If Brandon Weeden or Andrew Luck or another of the other top white FBS athletes sends that tweet, he is blacklisted within an hour. Chaos would ensue throughout every media outlet. I don't know what the NCAA would do with him, but his fame would plummet into oblivion before the night is over. This is only small because few people nationally know who Spadola is. IMO

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I assure you this was NOT intentional...

Damn, I send you 1000 PMs, call you all the time, beg, plead, even bribe you to delete every damn citdog post but you say no can do, and now this:D

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Okay...

Unless you're me...

You were just so enamored with all the boobie pics in another thread your brain wasn't working right!!! Quit worrying about that hug and go back to those boobies.

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Okay...

Unless you're me...

Just set up your ironing board and whistle a happy tune!xwhistlexxwhistlex

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 08:04 AM
The post is gone, its with chattowmocs and citdog now...... wandering aimlessly until next season....

NDB
December 7th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.
Obi-Wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.
Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Obi-Wan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

eaglesrthe1
December 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Woah! What's the big deal. It's an easy fix, everybody just repeat what they said!

Now, who kicked this thing off?

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Guys, go google "spadola suspended" somehow we turned into the source LOL, half the links are to our now missing thread or to other message boards that link to our missing thread LOL

we propogated this thing....

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Perhaps this is just the karmic gods telling us we should wait until there is solid confirmation from a reliable source with specifics in print before speculating about the merits and reasoning behind an alleged suspension.

Cleets was merely their mortal vessel doing their bidding.

NDB
December 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Okay...

Unless you're me...

So you dropped the whole thread down the memory hole?

The Ministry of Truth will be visiting you shortly.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Guys, go google "spadola suspended" somehow we turned into the source LOL, half the links are to our now missing thread or to other message boards that link to our missing thread LOL

we propogated this thing....

Interesting.

bisonnation
December 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
This was all a fake rumor started by someone with an agenda. Then it turned ugly posting tweets from players and turned disrespectful.

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Funny thing, well maybe not but i think it would be funny is if he wasnt going to be suspended, but then such a fuss was made over it by folks on this board and others and the NCAA/Lehigh took notice and decided that he needed to be suspended

Flizack
December 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Spadola is suspended for repeating word s on tweeter from a freind, The same words on tweeter that NDS players & Towson players wrote on tweeter. On top of things the same words that Spadola wrote were in the same song in the pre-game show at Towson. So I wonder how many people were offended there out of the 17000 who attended. I know I was offeded. Does that make the enire Towson coaching staff penalized for next years 1 st game?

Side Judge
December 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Damn, I send you 1000 PMs, call you all the time, beg, plead, even bribe you to delete every damn citdog post but you say no can do, and now this:D

Speaking of which - has anyone seen him lately? Is he OK?

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Perhaps this is just the karmic gods telling us we should wait until there is solid confirmation from a reliable source with specifics in print before speculating about the merits and reasoning behind an alleged suspension.

Cleets was merely their mortal vessel doing their bidding.

16305......AS AH POSTED.......IN DUH DISAPPEARIN' THREAD.......THOUGHT AGS...HAD UH RULE.....TA POST LINK......WHIFF STATEMENTS.....LIKE SPADOLA.....OR...PREFACE....SAID STATEMENT WHIFF.....CAIN'T CONFIRM AS YET........CAN UNDERSTAND....DUH HASTE TA BREAK STORY.....BUT.....RELIABLE SOURCE/ROCKFORD FILE SNOOPIN'....O' JES' ADDIN' UP CLUES.....DON'T GET IT......xsmhx.....BRAWK!

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
This was all a fake rumor started by someone with an agenda. Then it turned ugly posting tweets from players and turned disrespectful.

That would be odd, because the thread/rumor was started by a Lehigh person.

Doc QB
December 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I missed all of this yesterday...can someone other than Mr Chicken (who I still cant freaking understand after three years of attempting to decipher his posts) update me on what was said via twitter, who was quoted misquoted, what was said on the TU side by coaches, etc???

I hope we LU followers arent getting a Elon type tweeter disaster.

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
This is going to make us look bad if it turns out not to be true....

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54651

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?116828-Spadola-suspended-for-N-Dakota-St-game

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27814&p=588583

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25923-Lehigh-s-Star-WR-Posts-Racist-Remark-on-Twitter/page9

seems like the smoke comes back to us on each of these forums.... and we have no proof....

RichH2
December 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Doc

Coen has statement outlining issue on our site and what he did about it. No mention of suspension. I also missed the thread , other than P4L saying thread started by a LU poster I cant find any verification

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Doc

Coen has statement outlining issue on our site and what he did about it. No mention of suspension. I also missed the thread , other than P4L saying thread started by a LU poster I cant find any verification

Can you link us?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Doc

I saw the thread. It was ugly. No hard evidence was given, just "soft evidence", a lot of twitter quotes, and nothing official from anyone.

The "LU Poster" was not a "regular".

hawkineer
December 7th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Can you link us?

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/statement_from_andy_coen_on_comments_and_misuse_of _social_media.aspx

RichH2
December 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Can you link us?

P4L,

Should know how but I dont, its on football page of the LU site from yesterday.

JSUBison
December 7th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Well I"m not going to post the link, because it seems like this is all bunk and this just makes everybody look bad. But if you do a google cache search, you can find the deleted AGS thread. Much like the tweets in question, once something is on the internet, it stays on the internet. Deleting it won't make it disappear.

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM
We trolled ourselves and the rest of the FCS forums xsmileyclapx

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/statement_from_andy_coen_on_comments_and_misuse_of _social_media.aspx

Very well. The end.

Move along, nothing to see here... move along.

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
This story is true. Even without revealing sources there are enough public data points to put this thing together.

*** If it is not true, I implore the AGS mods to IP ban me. ***

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
This story is true. Even without revealing sources there are enough public data points to put this thing together.

True how... That he is removed from the active roster for the playoff game..?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM

This is demonstrably not true.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
When does Lehigh fly out?

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
This is demonstrably not true.

Dec 2 - RS tweets
Dec 3 (morning) - LU releases original statement regarding violation of social media policy
Dec 3 (evening) - Towson sports blogger posts article quoting said media policy
Dec 4 - LU statement is edited to be more comprehensive and re-released with new date
Dec 5 - Quiet
Dec 6 - "Lehigh '98" (not me) breaks story on AGS that RS will not play (I'll give you that we can throw out all of the other boards because arguably they could have been spawned by this one)
Dec 6 - Liebler's sister tweets confirmation that RS will not play
Dec 6 - Fargo sports writers confirm interviews with Andy Cohen schedule for 12/7 have been postponed
Dec 7 - Quiet so far

One can only reasonably conclude they are making their way through the appeals process.

Thunderstruck
December 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
JMU flew in on Thursday if I remember correctly...

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Dec 2 - RS tweets
Dec 3 (morning) - LU releases original statement regarding violation of social media policy
Dec 4 - LU statement is edited to be more comprehensive and re-released with new date
Dec 5 - Quiet
Dec 6 - "Lehigh '98" (not me) breaks story on AGS that RS will not play (I'll give you that we can throw out all of the other boards because arguably they could have been spawned by this one)
Dec 6 - Fargo sports writers confirm interviews with Andy Cohen schedule for 12/7 have been postponed
Dec 7 - Quiet so far

One can only reasonably conclude they are making their way through the appeals process.

As has been stated:
How does anybody field a team if Tweets are a reason to get suspended..?
The player tweet traffic alone is enough to cancel the entire playoffs

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Dec 2 - RS tweets
Dec 5 - Quiet
Dec 7 - Quiet so far

Oops!

LehighGuy
December 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Oops!

Really?

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Ok guys here are the facts:

1. tweet was retweeted by Spadola not originating from him
2. there are no facts on supsension, so far just a slap on wrist
3. If we keep talking about this, we are just making more and more of it and I believe increase the chance of a suspension the more garbage and links to our threads there are out there on the internet, which I dont think anyone wants to see at this part of the season
4. clearly original poster was chattowmocs using an alias j/k

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Speaking of which - has anyone seen him lately? Is he OK?

I need to call him. Wonder which one of the ten possible phone numbers I should call.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM

The problem was the Lehigh guy was PMing me to delete his post - but it was "THE" post, the opening post of the thread and thus when I obliged his simple request *poof the thread went into cyber-space, where it still exists in it's entirety... every single post is still quite available intact and in order

(Just not here) Tell Citdog Hi for me...

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
The problem was the Lehigh guy was PMing me to delete his post - but it was "THE" post, the opening post of the thread and thus when I obliged his simple request *poof the thread went into cyber-space, where it still exists in it's entirety... every single post is still quite available intact and in order

I was kidding:) I know someone would have to do something really atrocious to tick you off that much. :)

BisonLakes
December 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM

"THE" post eh? You're really "THEFAN", aren't you?

344Johnson
December 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
So can someone say with any confidence wtf is going on right now?

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I was kidding:) I know someone would have to do something really atrocious to tick you off that much. :)

There are a few petite tragedies here:
Tragedy # 1) That I was only trying to delete a post from the guy who posted it - and he (himself) wanted it removed - it seemed harmless enough
Tragedy # 2) That Ursus now wants to kill me with his bare hands
Tragedy # 3) The thread can still be found on teh interwebs - but - not here where it originated
Tragedy # 4) That Ursus wants to kill me now...

I might have repeated one or two of the issues... but you get my point

eagle07
December 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
So can someone say with any confidence wtf is going on right now?

nobody knows, this thread will be bigger than the original by the end of the day

Side Judge
December 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
There are a few petite tragedies here:
Tragedy # 1) That I was only trying to delete a post from the guy who posted it - and he (himself) wanted it removed - it seemed harmless enough
Tragedy # 2) That Ursus now wants to kill me with his bare hands
Tragedy # 3) The thread can still be found on teh interwebs - but - not here where it originated
Tragedy # 4) That Ursus wants to kill me now...

I might have repeated one or two of the issues... but you get my point

Just change your location to "Seattle" and he'll never find you...

RichH2
December 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Cleets,
In the cosmic flux of the universe, these threads are less important than we can imagine.xthumbsupx Only downside is Ursus wanting to kill you. Another minor problem, at least from where I sitxrolleyesx. Thread was troll droppings anywayxshakefistx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I've always said that having Cleets' help is like having two good workers quit on ya.

He used to just try and kill this place one post at a time but now has found a way to do it hundreds of posts at a time.

Citdiggity has famously used this clip for quite some time to assess what it takes to be his friend and somehow Cleets can now use it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxSHpLRaz8

And this seems fairly appropriate too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRVhtVCfzo8

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cleets,
In the cosmic flux of the universe, these threads are less important than we can imagine.xthumbsupx Only downside is Ursus wanting to kill you. Another minor problem, at least from where I sitxrolleyesx. Thread was troll droppings anywayxshakefistx

16307....HMMM!...AH WAS THINKIN'..UPSIDE........;).....BRAWK!

RichH2
December 7th, 2011, 12:39 PM
LMAOxlmaoxxlmaoxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Thanks for breaking the monotony. I would beg no more than 30 lashes for that miscreant;)

smcwildcat
December 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
wth is going on.....I need that thread for my senior seminar project

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
wth is going on.....I need that thread for my senior seminar project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ