PDA

View Full Version : Final tally, 2011 - FCS vs. FBS

nwFL Griz
December 6th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Finally had a little time, so went through and tallied the numbers. Here's how FCS teams did against FBS.

Big Sky 1-9 (Sac St def Oregon St)
Big South 0-9
CAA 1-9 (Richmond def Duke)
Great West 1-8 (SUU def UNLV)
Indy 0-5
MEAC 0-8
MVFC 2-8 (ISUb def WKU, NDSU def Minn)
OVC 0-9
Patriot 0-2
SoCon 0-9
Southland 1-9 (SHSU def New Mexico)
SWAC 0-2

By my count that makes the total 6 wins and 87 losses. Some additional info, the combined record of the FBS teams was 19-53. The best win was ISUb over WKU, who had a 7-5 record.

Of course, there were some other games that were very close, but I am too lazy to look all those up.

HailSzczur
December 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
By my count that makes the total 6 wins and 87 losses. Some additional info, the combined record of the FBS teams was 19-53. The best win was ISUb over WKU, who had a 7-5 record.

Yikes, that means that other other 5 teams without WKU were 12-48? Not even 3 wins a piece. Even still bravo to all the teams that knocked off one of "the big boys"

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Here's the Sagarin ratings of the FBS teams that were defeated by FCS teams. In parentheseis is where these teams would've ranked in the FCS.

82. Oregon St (6)
92. Minnesota (7)
101. Western Kentucky (9)
111. Duke (12)
148. UNLV (37)
168. New Mexico (53)

Impressive that these teams were beaten with 20+ more schollies but still some pretty bad teams on this list. Personally, I think UNI was a much better team than Minnesota seeing both play against NDSU and that's reflected in the Sagarin ratings.

HailSzczur
December 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Anyone have any data on how this stacks up with previous years?

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
That Sacramento State team that beat Oregon State also beat the Montana Grizzlies (Just an FYI)

onemoretime
December 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Dont forget that Ga Southern scored more points and had more total yards than anyother team who played Alabama this year.

TheRevSFA
December 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
UNM is a FBS team with DII talent.

NDB
December 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Dont forget that Ga Southern scored more points and had more total yards than anyother team who played Alabama this year.

That a great point.

So great that I that they should change the name of this site to www. dontforgetthatgeorgiasouthernscored morepointsandhadmoretotalyardsthananyotherteamwhop layedAlabamathisyear.com

Griz23
December 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
so does that infer that GS is better than LSU?

Griz23
December 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
That Sacramento State team that beat Oregon State also beat the Montana Grizzlies (Just an FYI)

They had a great start but ended up 7th in the Big Sky...go figure..

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
They had a great start but ended up 7th in the Big Sky...go figure..

Starting QB got injured and they just couldn't recover from that injury.

Cleets
December 6th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Starting QB got injured and they just couldn't recover from that injury.

They have MAJOR talent on that team...

nwFL Griz
December 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM

Probably the most worthless stat ever. But if you really need that moral victory, by all means, continue to cling to it.

nwFL Griz
December 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM

It is slightly less than the average. I don't keep the data running, but I seem to recall that the norm is about 10 wins/year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Probably the most worthless stat ever. But if you really need that moral victory, by all means, continue to cling to it.

If you are going to lose an FBS game, I can't think of a better way to do it than to be the only team that can budge a defense that is considered by some to be the best in college football ever.

gsu2583
December 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM

At least we didn't lose by 26 points to a completely worthless Tennessee team. (And a 4-7 Sacramento State team)

I'll cling to that proudly.

OL FU
December 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I don't know how accurate this is and it isn't year by year but claims to give each teams record in inter subdivision play.

http://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/a-complete-record-of-fbs-i-a-vs-fcs-i-aa/

Tod
December 6th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I don't know how accurate this is and it isn't year by year but claims to give each teams record in inter subdivision play.

http://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/a-complete-record-of-fbs-i-a-vs-fcs-i-aa/

It hasn't been updated with 2011 stats yet, but other than that it looked like they know what they're talking about. From a quick scan, anyway.

SpiritCymbal
December 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Probably the most worthless stat ever.

I totally agree. It's quite embarrassing to have other GSU fans keep touting that like it's a badge of honor.

SpiritCymbal
December 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Finally had a little time, so went through and tallied the numbers. Here's how FCS teams did against FBS.

Big South 0-9
Indy 0-5
MEAC 0-8
OVC 0-9
Patriot 0-2
SoCon 0-9
SWAC 0-2

Of course, there were some other games that were very close, but I am too lazy to look all those up.

I'd be very interested to see average rank of the teams each conference played. For instance, most of the opponents the SoCon teams played were in the SEC as opposed to MEAC that played MAC and Big East schools.

Apphole
December 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
xlolx
That a great point.

So great that I that they should change the name of this site to www. dontforgetthatgeorgiasouthernscored morepointsandhadmoretotalyardsthananyotherteamwhop layedAlabamathisyear.com

nwFL Griz
December 7th, 2011, 08:12 AM
At least we didn't lose by 26 points to a completely worthless Tennessee team. (And a 4-7 Sacramento State team)

I'll cling to that proudly.

Good for you. You must be a fairly young GSU fan. The older guys know that moral victories don't mean jack....NC do. That's what you should be proud of, all those titles, not this ridiculous notion that you somehow challenged an Alabama team that most likely did not take you serious.

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Big South 0-9
Indy 0-5
MEAC 0-8
OVC 0-9
Patriot 0-2
SoCon 0-9
SWAC 0-2

We lost by 5 to Fresno State and actually had the lead until 9:14 left in the 4th. We will get a FBS win one of these years.

RabidRabbit
December 7th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Consistent. Normal winning % of FCS/FBS = 6 to 8 %

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM

And we lost to Iowa State by less points that Oklahoma State did. The thing is it means nothing. We lost!

gsu2583
December 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Good for you. You must be a fairly young GSU fan. The older guys know that moral victories don't mean jack....NC do. That's what you should be proud of, all those titles, not this ridiculous notion that you somehow challenged an Alabama team that most likely did not take you serious.

I think the point, which you basically missed because your head is still spinning from the Sacramento loss, is that we (Georgia Southern fans) are proud of our performance against the potential national champion of FBS this year. And they did take us serious(ly). Saban began prepping for the GSU game 2 years ago. Their starters stayed in until the 4th quarter on our last possession.

You want to bet our players didn't come out of that loss feeling pretty confident in what they could do against a great defense? Is that not a moral victory? Save your cliche-double-speak for the Tennessee fans, as I am sure their victory over you was a moral one too.

And just because I don't have a lot of posts in this forum, don't assume I'm a younger guy.

nwFL Griz
December 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I think the point, which you basically missed because your head is still spinning from the Sacramento loss, is that we (Georgia Southern fans) are proud of our performance against the potential national champion of FBS this year. And they did take us serious(ly). Saban began prepping for the GSU game 2 years ago. Their starters stayed in until the 4th quarter on our last possession.

You want to bet our players didn't come out of that loss feeling pretty confident in what they could do against a great defense? Is that not a moral victory? Save your cliche-double-speak for the Tennessee fans, as I am sure their victory over you was a moral one too.And just because I don't have a lot of posts in this forum, don't assume I'm a younger guy.

No, their victory over us was an actual one. Unlike yours versus Alabama.

Nice ad hominem attack with the Sac St dig too.

I highly doubt Saban began prepping for Georgia-freaking-Southern two years ago. You mean when you guys were 5-6, struggling with the likes of Albany and Samford? I'm sure that brought fear to his heart.

The point, is not that you guys are proud, the point is, you guys lost...yet are touting it like you are the potential FBS champ. And to be fair here, it is basically just you, and maybe one other guy using this as some kind of measuring stick. Had to say that, as I don't think all GSU fans are clinging to it, and it wouldn't be right to paint them all with a broad brush.

appfan2008
December 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM

My favorite part was the very bottom where it showed all of Wake's losses to ASU!

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Wow we have beat both K State and Iowa State 3 times. And Youngstown has 19 wins vs FBS, but the last one was in 2000. That is a cool site.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Wow we have beat both K State and Iowa State 3 times. And Youngstown has 19 wins vs FBS, but the last one was in 2000. That is a cool site.

Youngstown was a POWERHOUSE when I first started paying attention to this whole 1AA thing

JSUBison
December 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM

The guy that created that site posted on Bisonville a while back. He's not a NDSU fan, but we were talking about his site on bisonville a while back and he somehow found that thread and weighed in. I'll see if I can find the post.

Found it: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24712-FCS-over-FBS-Wins-Who-has-the-most&highlight=wins

I-16Bandit
December 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM

http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/7236163.jpg

gsu6trophies
December 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I'm just speaking for myself, but as a GSU fan I'm tired of hearing about the Bama game.

I thought we represented ourselves and the rest of the FCS pretty well in that game. I even thought that had we made a few less mistakes and got a couple of lucky bounces, and had Bama at least made a mistake or two we could have made it real interesting. That being said: We lost. It is what it is. It stupid to carry on it about it like we won the damn game. I could be wrong on this, but I think a lot of Eagle fans agree with me on this. Take it for what it was. Our boys went in there, weren't scared, and played pretty well. Hopefully that will give them confidence for Athens next year and we can pull off the amazing.

Please stop expecting fans of other teams to give two ****s about that game. I wouldn't if I was them. It doesn't make a bit of difference when we take the field against those teams.

Squealofthepig
December 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
The guy that created that site posted on Bisonville a while back. He's not a NDSU fan, but we were talking about his site on bisonville a while back and he somehow found that thread and weighed in. I'll see if I can find the post.

Found it: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24712-FCS-over-FBS-Wins-Who-has-the-most&highlight=wins

Great link! Not sure of accuracy either (some look a bit wonky), but great place to go to get some interesting points.

Love this:

Buffalo is the only current FBS school to have a losing record vs. FCS opponents (2-4).
xoopsx

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Nice that he dropped in. I always appreciate people who do this stuff because they love it.

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Here is a couple that I like

Georgia Tech 24-1-1 Furman gave Ga Tech the loss and the tie.
North Carolina 15-1 Loss to Furman
North Carolina St-26-3 Two losses to Furman, according to the site the other was ETSU.
South Carolina 18-2 One to Furman, One to The Citadel

HailSzczur
December 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Love this:

Buffalo is the only current FBS school to have a losing record vs. FCS opponents (2-4)

Guess thats why that Buffalo fan had to come on here and beat his chest back when they beat Stony Brook.

frozennorth
December 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM
If you are going to lose an FBS game, I can't think of a better way to do it than to be the only team that can budge a defense that is considered by some to be the best in college football ever.
Its pretty easy to look good when you play awful offense after awful offense. Penn state had the worst offensive in the big 10 and has the second best performance.

frozennorth
December 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
We lost by 5 to Fresno State and actually had the lead until 9:14 left in the 4th. We will get a FBS win one of these years.

They also got pumped by one of the worst teams in the fbs.

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
They also got pumped by one of the worst teams in the fbs.

When we had a halftime lead. Oh if we can just go back in time.

frozennorth
December 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
When we had a halftime lead. Oh if we can just go back in time.

I bet idaho would like to have that first half back.

frozennorth
December 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
If ndsu beats csu next year, they will have the best fbs win ratio, at 6-3

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
If ndsu beats csu next year, they will have the best fbs win ratio, at 6-3

Wouldn't it be 5-3. Wins over Minny twice, CMU, Ball State, and then CSU.

HandoEX
December 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't it be 5-3. Wins over Minny twice, CMU, Ball State, and then CSU.
You are forgetting Kansas in 2010.
2006: W - Ball State, L - Minnesota
2007: W - Central Michigan, W - Minnesota
2008: L - Wyoming
2009: L - Iowa State
2010: W - Kansas
2011: W - Minnesota

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
You are forgetting Kansas in 2010.
2006: W - Ball State, L - Minnesota
2007: W - Central Michigan, W - Minnesota
2008: L - Wyoming
2009: L - Iowa State
2010: W - Kansas
2011: W - Minnesota

Yep I did...impressive record. Only Dakota team with a winning record against the FBS.

THE HERD
December 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I think we have a decent shot at getting another FBS win next year with Colorado St., but who knows.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
And we lost to Iowa State by less points that Oklahoma State did. The thing is it means nothing. We lost!

*Gulp-preparing for the impossible* And this is about the only time I will agree with a UNI fan.

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I think we have a decent shot at getting another FBS win next year with Colorado St., but who knows.

I think Minny will schedule UND over NDSU. I think the 1-2 record against NDSU is a big deterrant.xlolx

bojeta
December 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Big South 0-9
Indy 0-5
MEAC 0-8
OVC 0-9
Patriot 0-2
SoCon 0-9
SWAC 0-2

We didn't win either game, but I feel pretty good about Cal Poly's showing against the MAC Champions 9-3 Northern Illinois and bowl-bound 8-4 San Diego State. Cal Poly actually outperformed many FBS teams against NI and SDSU. Scores: VS NI 30-47. VS SDSU 21-49.

LakesBison
December 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
once again NDSU proves it could compete at the FBS level, ho hum 5 FBS wins in 4 years. 7 really, losing on last second field goals to UMinn/Wyoming by 1 is bull.

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
We didn't win either game, but I feel pretty good about Cal Poly's showing against the MAC Champions 9-3 Northern Illinois and bowl-bound 8-4 San Diego State. Cal Poly actually outperformed many FBS teams against NI and SDSU. Scores: VS NI 30-47. VS SDSU 21-49.

We have SDSU in 2012 I hope UND can get an upset win. We have been close we almost beat NIU in 2010 and Fresno State in 2011. Maybe they will have an off game.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM
once again NDSU proves it could compete at the FBS level, ho hum 5 FBS wins in 4 years. 7 really, losing on last second field goals to UMinn/Wyoming by 1 is bull.

Only in the MAC or so... I would much rather stay FCS and win National Championships via playoffs rather than be an average-at-best team in the FBS. NDSU COULD be the next Boise St. or Marshall (from about 10 years ago), but I HIGHLY doubt it..

LakesBison
December 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Bull, no one pays attention to fcs, FBS is where its at. and DARREL.. no one cares, you of all people shouldnt talk about FBS games.

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Bull, no one pays attention to fcs, FBS is where its at. and DARREL.. no one cares, you of all people shouldnt talk about FBS games.

You beat last place BCS teams in Kansas, and Minnesota then attack the whopping MAC conference and think NDSU is ready for the FBS? Hey Idaho needs a travel partner go for it.xlolx

LakesBison
December 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
the same 1-10 idaho team that stomped you, or the 0-11 northern colorado team you needed a last second FG to win with, or the NAIA SIOUX falls team you needed a safety and blocked FG to win?

you have zero business posting in a FCS over FBS thread.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Only if you are successful at the FBS level... If not, no one cares at ALL besides Alumni.... See Middle Tennessee, Florida International, etc. etc.... This especially applies to Middle Tennessee as they have been playing D1 football since 1912... and they still have a small fanbase...

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
the same 1-10 idaho team that stomped you, or the 0-11 northern colorado team you needed a last second FG to win with, or the NAIA SIOUX falls team you needed a safety and blocked FG to win?

you have zero business posting in a FCS over FBS thread.

I look at it this way...Idaho (loss), UNC (win) Sioux Falls (win). Just like NDSU at Wyoming (loss), NDSU at Minnesota in 07 (loss). No matter how you win or lose its either a win or a loss. Remember this quote
losing on last second field goals to UMinn/Wyoming by 1 is bull. should I tell you who said this?

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I look at it this way...Idaho (loss), UNC (win) Sioux Falls (win). Just like NDSU at Wyoming (loss), NDSU at Minnesota in 06 (loss). No matter how you win or lose its either a win or a loss. Remember this quote should I tell you who said this?

Fixed it for you

darell1976
December 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Fixed it for you

Thanks!xthumbsupx

LakesBison
December 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
your a ****ING IDIOT if you are comparing 0-11 UNC and NAIA sioux falls to WYOMING & MINNESOTA DONE>

darell1976
December 8th, 2011, 02:22 AM
your a ****ING IDIOT if you are comparing 0-11 UNC and NAIA sioux falls to WYOMING & MINNESOTA DONE>

What counts is what is in the wins and loss column. There is a Win, and a loss not the Lakes version... Win, loss, almost won, BS loss, we got hosed loss, refs blew that one loss. The sun was out loss, the wind blew on the football loss, am I missing anything Lakes?

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
What counts is what is in the wins and loss column. There is a Win, and a loss not the Lakes version... Win, loss, almost won, BS loss, we got hosed loss, refs blew that one loss. The sun was out loss, the wind blew on the football loss, am I missing anything Lakes?

Not entirely. NAIA and D2 teams do not count towards required wins for the FCS playoffs. Also, they affect your strength of schedule rankings, which are also considered for seeding.

As such, UND would not have qualified this year if they were eligible for the FCS playoffs.

darell1976
December 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Not entirely. NAIA and D2 teams do not count towards required wins for the FCS playoffs. Also, they affect your strength of schedule rankings, which are also considered for seeding.

As such, UND would not have qualified this year if they were eligible for the FCS playoffs.

If UND wasn't in transistion they wouldn't have had a schedule with 3 non DI teams on it. UND's schedule wouldve been similar to Cal Poly, UC Davis or SUU...this schedule was a money saver.

Lakes was making fun how UND barely beat UNC while NDSU barely lost to Wyoming.. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
If UND wasn't in transistion they wouldn't have had a schedule with 3 non DI teams on it. UND's schedule wouldve been similar to Cal Poly, UC Davis or SUU...this schedule was a money saver.

Lakes was making fun how UND barely beat UNC while NDSU barely lost to Wyoming.. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

NDSU only played 4 non-D1 teams over it's 4 years of transitioning, with no non-D1 teams in it's final year. Why couldn't UND do something similar? Honestly, I could not believe that UND ever cracked the top 25 FCS coaches poll this season. I believe many coaches mistook UND for NDSU...

SpiritCymbal
December 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm just speaking for myself, but as a GSU fan I'm tired of hearing about the Bama game.

I thought we represented ourselves and the rest of the FCS pretty well in that game. I even thought that had we made a few less mistakes and got a couple of lucky bounces, and had Bama at least made a mistake or two we could have made it real interesting. That being said: We lost. It is what it is. It stupid to carry on it about it like we won the damn game. I could be wrong on this, but I think a lot of Eagle fans agree with me on this. Take it for what it was. Our boys went in there, weren't scared, and played pretty well. Hopefully that will give them confidence for Athens next year and we can pull off the amazing.

Please stop expecting fans of other teams to give two ****s about that game. I wouldn't if I was them. It doesn't make a bit of difference when we take the field against those teams.

Totally agree!

darell1976
December 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM
NDSU only played 4 non-D1 teams over it's 4 years of transitioning, with no non-D1 teams in it's final year. Why couldn't UND do something similar? Honestly, I could not believe that UND ever cracked the top 25 FCS coaches poll this season. I believe many coaches mistook UND for NDSU...

Don't you find it odd that USD did the same thing with 3 NAIA/DII schools on their schedule? It wasn't popular with fans, but now we don't have to worry about that ever. As for UND in the polls the only time they were deserving IMO and just barely was their win over ranked SUU and ranked USD. And even the last one wasn't that great since USD was 6-4(but 3-4 vs DI teams).

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Don't you find it odd that USD did the same thing with 3 NAIA/DII schools on their schedule? It wasn't popular with fans, but now we don't have to worry about that ever. As for UND in the polls the only time they were deserving IMO and just barely was their win over ranked SUU and ranked USD. And even the last one wasn't that great since USD was 6-4(but 3-4 vs DI teams).

USD has already proven itself with wins last year over Minnesota. The Sioux have done nothing terribly impressive.

darell1976
December 8th, 2011, 05:33 PM
USD has already proven itself with wins last year over Minnesota. The Sioux have done nothing terribly impressive.

They won their conference with Cal Poly. Went 3-1 in their conference. USD beat a ****ty Gophers team in 2010 which is nice for them but don't you think they would rather have: 1. A Conference title (which was won by Southern Utah), 2. a winning record (4-7 overall but 3-7 vs DI teams), and in 2011 USD was 0-5 on the road, 3-5 vs the FCS and did not win a conference title again. The ultimate goal for UND and USD is to win the GWFC. That is their ONLY goal since they are not eligible for playoffs USD failed that goal in 4 years but beat the Gophers, while UND went 0-5 vs the FBS but won a share of the GWFC title with Cal Poly, went 3-0 vs the FCS on the road and went 5-1 vs the FCS. I think that is impressive since we were 3-8 last year with 2 of those wins against FCS teams. Beating FBS teams is not a measure on how good you are...ask South Dakota State a team that was the first Dakota team to reach the playoffs but hasn't beaten a FBS team yet.

BEAR
December 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Here we come Ole Miss! xlolx

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
They won their conference with Cal Poly. Went 3-1 in their conference. USD beat a ****ty Gophers team in 2010 which is nice for them but don't you think they would rather have: 1. A Conference title (which was won by Southern Utah), 2. a winning record (4-7 overall but 3-7 vs DI teams), and in 2011 USD was 0-5 on the road, 3-5 vs the FCS and did not win a conference title again. The ultimate goal for UND and USD is to win the GWFC. That is their ONLY goal since they are not eligible for playoffs USD failed that goal in 4 years but beat the Gophers, while UND went 0-5 vs the FBS but won a share of the GWFC title with Cal Poly, went 3-0 vs the FCS on the road and went 5-1 vs the FCS. I think that is impressive since we were 3-8 last year with 2 of those wins against FCS teams. Beating FBS teams is not a measure on how good you are...ask South Dakota State a team that was the first Dakota team to reach the playoffs but hasn't beaten a FBS team yet.

USD did beat who, at the time, claimed the #1 spot in the coaches poll... This is why they were ranked. Has UND beat any ranked opponents this season? No. I stand with the fact that UND did not do anything impressive this season.

gsu6trophies
December 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Totally agree!

Try getting any posters from any other team to acknowledge this sentiment. They won't. They only recognize the handful of gsu posters that fit their stereotype.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Try getting any posters from any other team to acknowledge this sentiment. They won't. They only recognize the handful of gsu posters that fit their stereotype.

Like the "GSU martyr" archetype, eh?

nwFL Griz
December 9th, 2011, 08:12 AM

What does this mean? When I was arguing with that poster a few posts back, I clearly said it only applied to him and maybe one other poster. I find it ironic that you just stereotyped posters from any other team, by saying that we all stereotype posters from your team. I actually LOL'd.

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 08:12 AM
USD did beat who, at the time, claimed the #1 spot in the coaches poll... This is why they were ranked. Has UND beat any ranked opponents this season? No. I stand with the fact that UND did not do anything impressive this season.

At Southern Utah (they were ranked 17/19 in polls), and then #24 South Dakota at home. Like I said before going from 3-8 and in the bottom of the conference to 8-3 and a share of the conference title is impressive to me.

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 09:00 AM
SOUTHERN UTAH wasnt a quality win.. they absolutely SUCKED> but your coach got gatorade bath for a FG win, losers.

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 09:02 AM
SOUTHERN UTAH wasnt a quality win.. they absolutely SUCKED> but your coach got gatorade bath for a FG win, losers.

The question was did UND beat a ranked team...yes two SUU and USD. Thanks for interest in GWFC sports.

The SUU game was a quality win:

1. They are a conference game and when the conference title is the only thing to win its a quality win
2. SUU got done beating FBS UNLV (you remember beating FBS teams and how important those are)
3. It was on the road. UND was winless last season on the road and to come in to a RANKED team who just beat a FBS team and by 25 points...its a quality win!!

Sorry UND can't play the quality teams of a St. Francis, Lafayette or the bottom of your conference. SUU finished 6-5 overall which is better than 4 of your conference mates..plus their 6-5 was the same record as Youngstown State (who did they beat this year??)