PDA

View Full Version : Harvard and Lehigh to be televised on CSTV

Lehigh Football Nation
May 20th, 2005, 09:30 PM
It will be on 10/1/2005 based on Harvard's website. (http://gocrimson.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/harv-m-footbl-sched.html). Is this true? That means that the game will almost definitely be on in the Lehigh Valley as well.

Will be looking forward to that.

ngineer
May 21st, 2005, 08:59 AM
It will be on 10/1/2005 based on Harvard's website. (http://gocrimson.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/harv-m-footbl-sched.html). Is this true? That means that the game will almost definitely be on in the Lehigh Valley as well.

Will be looking forward to that.

While that sounds great, neither of the two cable companies in the Lehigh Valley (Service Electric or RCN) carry CSTV. Does that mean WFMZ will have access to the CSTV feed? I hope you're right that we'll have access to it, although I'm hoping to make it to the game--never been to Harvard's stadium before.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 21st, 2005, 09:28 AM
While that sounds great, neither of the two cable companies in the Lehigh Valley (Service Electric or RCN) carry CSTV. Does that mean WFMZ will have access to the CSTV feed? I hope you're right that we'll have access to it, although I'm hoping to make it to the game--never been to Harvard's stadium before.

Generally speaking, the WMFZ carries the game if it's outside the blackout area - last year, Lehigh/Holy Cross was televised for example. If it's a national feed, I think it should be available for WFMZ as well, though I'm not 100% sure.

From the thread, you also know that Ralph isn't 100% sure CSTV will carry the game anyway.

ngineer
May 21st, 2005, 11:13 PM
If you haven't been to Harvard's stadium you need to go. Not to mention that your game there will be a very good one.

Absolutely. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to work. The Crimson should have their streak up to 13 by then... :smiley_wi

Lehigh Football Nation
May 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM
http://gocrimson.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/052505aaa.html

It's looking increasingly like Lehigh/Harvard is going to be CSTV's GOTW, and will be televised. Either that, of the Crimson AD hasn't got the memo yet.

Crimson games to be carried on local and national outlets

May 25, 2005

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Fans who are unable to make it to Harvard Stadium in 2005 will still be able to get their fill of Crimson football as five of the team's 10 games are scheduled to be carried on live television in the coming season.

The following week sees Harvard at home once again as Harvard takes on Lehigh Oct 1. That game has been tabbed as the national Division I-AA game of the week by CSTV as the Ivy League champion Crimson meets a Mountain Hawk squad that won a share of the Patriot League title last season.

The Crimson heads to Lafayette Oct. 15 for a meeting against a Leopard team that shared the Patriot League crown with Lehigh and won the league's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. That game will be produced by the Lafayette Sports Network with local and national distribution to be announced.

Hansel
May 27th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I voted that game as GOTW, looking forward to seeing it

Husky Alum
May 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Can't say I'm happy about the Harvard-Lafayette series. Harvard decided to give up an additional home game for the next 4 years against Northeastern for a 4 year deal against Lafayette.

Now granted, the Northeastern game always meant rain (it rained every year in the last series), and the crowds weren't what anyone thought they'd be (I had hoped the attendance would be in the 15-20K range, but never were), but giving up 2 home games without a return that's an interesting strategy for the Cantabs?

Heck, it's not like we weren't accomodating guests, losing to the Crimson 3 of the 4 years.

Let's hope that the 2 1-AA schools in Greater Boston can rekindle the rivalry.

UMgrizzlies
June 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Lehigh @ Harvard, I should see that one, looks good.

Marcus Garvey
June 1st, 2005, 02:52 PM
Can't say I'm happy about the Harvard-Lafayette series. Harvard decided to give up an additional home game for the next 4 years against Northeastern for a 4 year deal against Lafayette.

That's not so much a reflection on Northeastern as it on Harvard's elitist attitudes. They'd much rather play Lafayette or Holy Cross or Colgate in a home and home deal then play N'eastern in back to back home games. It's definitely a snob thing. :mad: