PDA

View Full Version : GSU WILL silence the SoCon haters...

blazrdog#1
December 5th, 2011, 04:30 AM
FBC 99...Appalachian State had a winning rep before Armanti Edwards...Appalachian State will be back next year.As a matter of fact the SoCon WILL be back next year!WE ARE THE SEC OF THE FBC!!So hate on people...our teams let their play on the field speak for OUR conference!!!!!!!!!xbowxxbowxxnodxxnodx

seantaylor
December 5th, 2011, 04:40 AM
GSU will represent, but Appy is falling off like crazy. Chris Hatcher and Brian Van Gorder had a lot to do with their emergence. Sammy Baker the ultimate culprit.

And this SEC ish is just stupid. The SEC has 2 or 3 real teams a season, and a ton of trash.

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2011, 06:38 AM
FBC 99...Appalachian State had a winning rep before Armanti Edwards...Appalachian State will be back next year.As a matter of fact the SoCon WILL be back next year!WE ARE THE SEC OF THE FBC!!So hate on people...our teams let their play on the field speak for OUR conference!!!!!!!!!xbowxxbowxxnodxxnodx

Pass me whatever you are smoking, we'll be lucky to get past Maine but thanks for the props!

Mikeyosef
December 5th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I was there for the very painful loss to Maine Saturday. Our team is not the team of years past; it's been very tough with lots of distractions both on and off the field. However, Maine is a very good team and they will give GaSo some headaches. The difference here is that, utilizing the triple option will help GaSo to move the ball on the ground much better than App (ouch, that was just sooooo painful). Not going to pick a score but with the running game going, Shaw will be able to throw a few good balls and GaSo will move on.

SideLine Shooter
December 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
GSU will represent, but Appy is falling off like crazy. Chris Hatcher and Brian Van Gorder had a lot to do with their emergence. Sammy Baker the ultimate culprit.

And this SEC ish is just stupid. The SEC has 2 or 3 real teams a season, and a ton of trash.

Absolutely!!! ASU owes all there success to Chris Hatcher, Brian Van Gorder, Sam Baker, and all the ex-cons from the original Penal Colony in America and any other it from "The Stink."

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Pass me whatever you are smoking, we'll be lucky to get past Maine but thanks for the props!

You must be an eternal pessimist. Well, when we have the right coach - and we have the right coach - I am an eternal optimist!

Since the changes on the offensive line the Eagles offense is surging.

Yes, I believe Ga. Southern will win the National Championship! And I think the team believes they will.

The defense can & will play better than the ODU game. They were facing a very good offensive team with one of the best quarterbacks I can remember playing in Paulson Stadium. And I have been a season ticket holder since 1984.

There is one thing that can beat them and that is the thing that beat our 1998 team in the the National Championship game against UMass - 7 turnovers.

The SoCon is the "National Championship" Conference and Ga. Southern will add to its number of Championships "ONE MORE TIME"!

GO EAGLES

HenZoneNation
December 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
This is gonna be a ballgame...no doubt about that. I really don't see this as a CAA vs. Socon, more like two very good teams trying to make it to the NC.

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Absolutely!!! ASU owes all there success to Chris Hatcher, Brian Van Gorder, Sam Baker, and all the ex-cons from the original Penal Colony in America and any other it from "The Stink."

As a Ga. Southern fan I certainly disagree with the above including the comment about the the penal colony!

Except for one thing there has been a rumor that even some ASU fans told me is true and that is Armanti Edwards had committed to come to Ga. Southern before van jerk was hired. But after bvg stated there would be no more option Armanti changed his mind - he is obviously very smart.

There must have been a secret conspiracy among baker, bvg and Coach Moore to get Armanti to go to ASU!

Can you imagine a backfield with Armanti Edwards and Jayson Foster? That would have been one of the most exciting backfields ever not only in the FCS but in all of football!

Just for the record here is one Ga. Southern fan that thinks ASU's success is due to the fact y'all have a great coach. Enjoy him while he is there. You never know when a bvg clone may be hired.

You may (or may not) want to review your history about the founding of Georgia.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
As a Ga. Southern fan I certainly disagree with the above including the comment about the the penal colony!

Except for one thing there has been a rumor that even some ASU fans told me is true and that is Armanti Edwards had committed to come to Ga. Southern before van jerk was hired. But after bvg stated there would be no more option Armanti changed his mind - he is very obviously smart.

There must have been secret conspiracy among baker, bvg and Coach Moore to get Armanti to go to ASU!

Can you imagine a backfield with Armanti Edwards and Jayson Foster? That would have been one of the most exciting backfields ever not only in the FCS but in all of football!

Just for the record here is one Ga. Southern fan that thinks ASU's success is due to the fact y'all have a great coach. Enjoy him while he is there. You never know when a bvg clone may be hired.

You may (or may not) want to review your history about the founding of Georgia.

I wouldn't have wanted to be an ASU fan and face that threat, that's for sure.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope GSU has more success in the playoffs this year (just not #7, haha) and I also hope our good coach uses this extra long off-season to evaluate the staff he surrounds himself with. That's where the changes are going to make the biggest impact. Here's hoping for a Socon>CAA win and a new O-line coach + a true offensive coordinator!

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 09:22 AM
We have more talent in the skill positions than any team at this level, we just have a D-3 offensive line. You can't win a playoff game with no offensive line. If we can score some good O-lineman from JuCo's, recruit some big men, and replace Bob McClain's incompetent ***, we will be a contender yet again. Anyone who thinks it's possible for any team, at any level, to sustain a level of success that we have enjoyed for longer than we have enjoyed it is kidding themselves. Name another school that finished 8-4 that's getting so much flak.

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
We have more talent in the skill positions than any team at this level, we just have a D-3 offensive line. You can't win a playoff game with no offensive line. If we can score some good O-lineman from JuCo's, recruit some big men, and replace Bob McClain's incompetent ***, we will be a contender yet again. Anyone who thinks it's possible for any team, at any level, to sustain a level of success that we have enjoyed for longer than we have enjoyed it is kidding themselves. Name another school that finished 8-4 that's getting so much flak.

12-0 Sam Houston State is getting more "Flak" and their still playing...

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM

But I asked if there was another 8-4 team that had so much flak.....

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
We have more talent in the skill positions than any team at this level

Our 2011 Southern Conference Championship says otherwise.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM

I would think a 12-0 team getting as much flak (if indeed their fans are as livid as us) is a much bigger deal so pointing out the fact you were asking about something less impressive is weird and counter-intuitive. Just acknowledge there is something more aww inspiring than people being mad we got our butts handed to us two years in a row.

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Our 2011 Southern Conference Championship says otherwise.

What's your point? If we were a better overall team, we would be the champions again. You can't win championships when you suck in the trenches. We got by this year, and beat you guys, relying on our unmatched talent at other positions.

straightshooter
December 5th, 2011, 10:03 AM
What's your point? If we were a better overall team, we would be the champions again. You can't win championships when you suck in the trenches. We got by this year, and beat you guys, relying on our unmatched talent at other positions.

No doubt that AppSt was laying for the Eagles on Oct. 29. I think that most Mountaineer fans will admit that the best game they played all year was against GSU. Of course it's that way a lot from both sides of the fence, especially when they are playing at home. Had the Mountaineers played with that same intensity this past Saturday, we'd be talking about a GSU/AppSt rematch.

Gringer1
December 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM

App fans spend all year bragging about their team. They throw their weight around and make people jealous. The same thing happens with other perennial championship contenders like Georgia Southern and Montana. Welcome to being the big kid on the block.

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
App fans spend all year bragging about their team. They throw their weight around and make people jealous. The same thing happens with other perennial championship contenders like Georgia Southern and Montana. Welcome to being the big kid on the block.

Welcome? Uh...we've been here a while and we're the biggest kid of all

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM

You need to take a dose of reality. I know where to find one as long as ESPN3 is still showing Saturday's game.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Yeah...sure you are. xcoffeex

gsu2583
December 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM

Way to take a compliment and chuck it back in someone's face. And always remember, big kid, that Appy's 3 year run coincided with three of the worst years in the history of GSU football.

You sir, are welcome...

The Eagle's Cliff
December 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM

You must be a young fella, in which case your comments are understandable. For some of us who remember when Ronald Reagan was president, App's being at the top is a relatively recent ascendance. That's not taking anything away from App, but I'll put in these terms:

Let's say you guys fire Moore now and hire someone who completely changes your system. One of the guys you're recruiting now goes to Furman and turns out to be one of the best players in FCS history and Furman wins 2 NC's, doubles attendance and fundraising, and becomes the team everyone talks about. Meanwhile, App St. becomes less than a shell of the 2005-2011 teams and descends into a hell-like state of mediocrity and disappointment. Flash forward to 2017 and App is back and some Furman fan who became a fan in 2013 acts as if Furman has been THE premier team in FCS since the beginning of time....

I think what App has done is great and I am definitely jealous of their alumni support and facility improvements, but I also remember going to KBS in front of 11 or 12 K watching a typical Pro Style team like the Maine. App has always given Ga Southern fits, but playoff success is relatively new.

cbarrier90
December 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Way to take a compliment and chuck it back in someone's face. And always remember, big kid, that Appy's 3 year run coincided with three of the worst years in the history of GSU football.

You sir, are welcome...

And remember that GSU's best year since 2000 is coinciding with ASU's worst year since 2005. :)

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
And remember that GSU's best year since 2000 is coinciding with ASU's worst year since 2005. :)

But what about GSU's success from 85-2004?

We can cherry pick all day. App had a phemomenal run. However all good programs have peaks and valleys. However App had never had a peak, so they never had to go BACK to the valley, they were always in it.

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM

So the better overall team will be more successful than one with "unmatched talent at the skill positions?"

That's fantastic logic. I'm glad we agree that Georgia Southern is a much better team than App this year. Thanks for the support.

boonegoon
December 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
So the better overall team will be more successful than one with "unmatched talent at the skill positions?"

That's fantastic logic. I'm glad we agree that Georgia Southern is a much better team than App this year. Thanks for the support.

That sounds a little Chattownmocs to me. App did beat GSU, so you aren't "much" better.

SeattleGriz
December 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
But what about GSU's success from 85-2004?

We can cherry pick all day. App had a phemomenal run. However all good programs have peaks and valleys. However App had never had a peak, so they never had to go BACK to the valley, they were always in it.

App's run coincided with not only having Armanti, but implementing a system that worked with the players they have. Much like GSU and the triple option. Anyway, you could see their dominance start to wear off by the second year as other teams became more familiar with the spread, but in the meantime, they won 3 national championships. That is one tough feat.

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
That sounds a little Chattownmocs to me. App did beat GSU, so you aren't "much" better.

No my post used someone else's statement to draw a very relevant conclusion to destroy said poster's argument in a much more clever way than Chattownmocs could ever accomplish.

And everyone plays bad games, we just happened to crap the bed against a fired up App team. You won the battle, we're still in the war.

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
App's run coincided with not only having Armanti, but implementing a system that worked with the players they have. Much like GSU and the triple option. Anyway, you could see their dominance start to wear off by the second year as other teams became more familiar with the spread, but in the meantime, they won 3 national championships. That is one tough feat.

App having Armanti came because of GSU's decision to go away from the option....and this is coming from Armanti himself.

gsu2583
No my post used someone else's statement to draw a very relevant conclusion to destroy said poster's argument in a much more clever way than Chattownmocs could ever accomplish.

And everyone plays bad games, we just happened to crap the bed against a fired up App team. You won the battle, we're still in the war.

The officials won that game for Appy... phantom touchdown catch and all...

gsu2583
I take that back, GSU and the officials won that game for Appy. We didn't block for s***.

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM

What are you people talking about? I said GSU was a better overall team.

Also, regarding the "big kid" analogy, I took that to be referring to programs in general, which is more of a reflection on support ect than the season record. We do have skill players like no one else. Listen to the pregame interviews with every coach we face. We also have a terrible O-line. That's why we blew it this year.

The hate I'm getting is uncalled for. I swear it's the 'apphole' monicre that makes people assume I'm being a douche. And yeah EC, I'm only 22.5 years old. I'm pretty sure you knew damn well.

Apphole
December 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM

Also, regarding the "big kid" analogy, I took that to be referring to programs in general, which is more of a reflection on support ect than the season record. We do have skill players like no one else. Listen to the pregame interviews with every coach we face. We also have a terrible O-line. That's why we blew it this year.

The hate I'm getting is uncalled for. I swear it's the 'apphole' monicre that makes people assume I'm being a douche. And yeah EC, I'm only 22.5 years old. I'm pretty sure you knew damn well.

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 11:53 AM

As someone once said if you can't take the heat don't go in the kitchen!

The Eagle's Cliff
December 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
And yeah EC, I'm only 22.5 years old. I'm pretty sure you knew damn well.

I guessed, but didn't "know". It's all good. Don't let internet chest-thumpers get under your skin.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Who hates the SoCon? Just because people hate GSeyU doesn't mean th hate the SoCon. (I keed, I keed*)

* Although NDSU owes you guys a stomping for backing out of the game this year.

eagle07
December 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Who hates the SoCon? Just because people hate GSeyU doesn't mean th hate the SoCon. (I keed, I keed*)

"For Me to poop on"

http://blogs.1077theend.com/files/2011/11/Triumph-the-Insult-Comic-Dog.jpg

SpeedkingATL
December 5th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Good luck Eagles. Hate that App screwed the pooch on a rematch.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
If GSU doesn't turn the ball over, they should win. I don't see them letting teams score as many points as ODU did the other day. If that's too much of a blanket statement for some of you posters, go **** yourself

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Should be a great game in Paulson -- again -- this Saturday. Wish the missus and I could come.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
thought this was a Georgia State University threat :)

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
thought this was a Georgia State University threat :)

Georgia State ain't no threat!:D

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Georgia State ain't no threat!:D

It was a nice gesture for them to silence the SoCon haters though :)

Eaglesrus
December 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Should be a great game in Paulson -- again -- this Saturday. Wish the missus and I could come.

So do we!

seantaylor
December 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM

Not even close. GSU's skill positions are more talented than Appys.

Grizzlies82
December 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM

Hey, don't be bitter. Skipping that loss got you folks a good playoff seed. :)

gseagle
December 6th, 2011, 04:42 AM

he definitely lives up to his name...how's that NO EQUAL working out for you?

Bear1
December 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hey, don't be bitter. Skipping that loss got you folks a good playoff seed. :)

Despite the circumstances, how many teams can say they have won at Montana and at Georgia Southern, just sayin :)

Apphole
December 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Is that right? How many NFL players has the Stink yielded recently and how many will go in the immediate future? You rely on the novelty of the triple option to compensate for your lack of good players.

Apphole
December 6th, 2011, 08:06 AM
he definitely lives up to his name...how's that NO EQUAL working out for you?

Damn well

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Is that right? How many NFL players has the Stink yielded recently and how many will go in the immediate future? You rely on the novelty of the triple option to compensate for your lack of good players.

Excellence at the college level doesn not automatically translate to success in the NFL.

You can have a team full of NFL talent and do nothing with it however...look at UGA.

"We have more NFL players than you".....well good for you. Guess what? They didn't win a conference championship and they're all sitting at home for the year. Congratulations on your "unmatched" skilled players.

eagle07
December 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'd like to coin a new phrase.

"You've been Swoped!"

Bear1
December 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Georgia Southern does have more talent. They sign smaller, quicker and more agile players. Also if you look at there roster now they may have some NFL talent on it. It is yet to be seen but Russell,Scott and those Kickers may get some looks from the NFL.Not to even mention this Swope kid if he says healthy. And you cant say that if that QB they had, Foster had been 6 foot and 200lbs that he wouldnt be in the nfl right now. And he may still get to the nfl.

Bear1
December 6th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Also take a look at the NFL. Purdue has a more NFL players than many of the other schools and how have they been doing? I love the Boilers so I just wanted to give them a shout.

straightshooter
December 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
In the glory years at GSU, we had coach John Pate as our recruiting coordinator and D-Line coach. Pate had five NC rings since he was a part of those championship teams in 86, 89, 90, 99 and 00. His recruiting philosophy was simple. If you're good enough, the NFL will find you, but you don't come to GSU to go to the NFL. You come to GSU to win National Championships. At that point he'd lay his five NC rings in front of the recruit. It was a powerful message.

Apphole
December 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
In the glory years at GSU, we had coach John Pate as our recruiting coordinator and D-Line coach. Pate had five NC rings since he was a part of those championship teams in 86, 89, 90, 99 and 00. His recruiting philosophy was simple. If you're good enough, the NFL will find you, but you don't come to GSU to go to the NFL. You come to GSU to win National Championships. At that point he'd lay his five NC rings in front of the recruit. It was a powerful message.

"If you're not good enough for a good team, come to GSU. Here, we spend the 80's floating through a powder puff, no-conf schedule to make the playoffs. Then we use an offense that no one has seen before and only has a week to prepare for. That's how we win champonships xthumbsupx"

A brilliant plan for acquiring FCS titles, but if they ever want to make the FBS jump with us, they need to start recruiting good players. It only takes practice to defend the TO.

TwoFeathers
December 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Agreed. No SoCon hater here. I believe Ga Southern is head-and-shoulders above everyone else in the FCS. It will take mistakes on their side to lose the remaining games this year. Or some very good luck on the part of Maine, and whoever follows. I don't think Ga Southern's success has anything to do with SoCon, per se. Or that the SoCon is better or worse than other conferences. Those are two different discussions. Ga Southern is just on a mission this year.

TwoFeathers
December 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
PS, you gotta be impressed with the Big Sky and MVFC this year. Teams still in the running, and ranked in the top 10. I was impressed with the CAA's play this weekend, albeit 4 of 5 lost. But aside from JMU and Towson, the others (Maine, UNH and ODU) played better than expected on the road and scared the daylights out of App, Montana St., and Ga Southern.

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
"If you're not good enough for a good team, come to GSU. Here, we spend the 80's floating through a powder puff, no-conf schedule to make the playoffs. Then we use an offense that no one has seen before and only has a week to prepare for. That's how we win champonships xthumbsupx"

A brilliant plan for acquiring FCS titles, but if they ever want to make the FBS jump with us, they need to start recruiting good players. It only takes practice to defend the TO.

If it only takes practice then we'd lose every game. You've either got to have an insanely dominant DL, or you've got to make us beat ourselves. That's the way to stop it.

And yes, we've taken players that no one wanted and turned them into National Champions. I think our system works good for us. If Paul Johnson could develop his OL and get consistent on defense then GT would be blowing everyone up.

boogereagle
December 6th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Spoken like a true northern transplant with a crush on Penn State and an inability to stop expressing himself like someone who hangs out with Snooki on the Jersey Shore.

elon77
December 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
It's not fair when you run the triple option and pass the ball too. There ought to be a rule if a triple option teams passes the ball it is unsportsman like and draws a 15 yard penalty. Hate the TO and when a team can pass the ball out of it that makes it suck more. Sad to say GSU is really good with the pass too. That makes them that much better, or if a defensive coach that much worse.

seantaylor
December 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Spoken like a true northern transplant with a crush on Penn State and an inability to stop expressing himself like someone who hangs out with Snooki on the Jersey Shore.

Spoken like an SEC fan, first and foremost.

FIDO-GATA
December 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Laughable. I thought I'd heard it all until now.

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
The officials won that game for Appy... phantom touchdown catch and all...

Come ON, 2583!!!! Don't cheapen yourself that way. Placing the blame on officials is not what CHAMPIONS do... Your best 11 were unable to beat their best 11, given all factors (including the officials) on that day. In order to win games and championships, you have to be better then the other team AND the officials. If you weren't, then you weren't good enough to get the W. The officials can have an impact on the outcome of a game that is close, but I've never seen a officiating crew that can impact a 30 point blow out... JMO!

gsu2583
December 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Come ON, 2583!!!! Don't cheapen yourself that way. Placing the blame on officials is not what CHAMPIONS do... Your best 11 were unable to beat their best 11, given all factors (including the officials) on that day. In order to win games and championships, you have to be better then the other team AND the officials. If you weren't, then you weren't good enough to get the W. The officials can have an impact on the outcome of a game that is close, but I've never seen a officiating crew that can impact a 30 point blow out... JMO!

I'm a FAN, not a player or coach. I can b*tch and complain all I want. I don't care if other people think I am cheap, or intelligent, or a whiner, or a winner. Also in my NEXT post right after that one, I mentioned that 'we' also lost because 'we' couldn't block that game.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2011, 07:45 AM

You saying we lost by 30 points?

TwoFeathers
December 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM
It's not fair when you run the triple option and pass the ball too. There ought to be a rule if a triple option teams passes the ball it is unsportsman like and draws a 15 yard penalty. Hate the TO and when a team can pass the ball out of it that makes it suck more. Sad to say GSU is really good with the pass too. That makes them that much better, or if a defensive coach that much worse.

That's hilarious. I was thinkinig the same thing... how long until they ban the TO for being so dominating?

OL FU
December 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM

I second that motion, There ought to be a law

ebirToG
December 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Passing out of a triple option will even itself out.

Not many good WR will wnat to go to a team that only passes 5-6 times a game. GSU has the perfect storm right now with WRs that thought they would have an oppty to catch a lot of balls - not knowing the triple option would come back.

Soon they will only have glorified fullbacks spread out wide.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Not many good WR will wnat to go to a team that only passes 5-6 times a game. GSU has the perfect storm right now with WRs that thought they would have an oppty to catch a lot of balls - not knowing the triple option would come back.

We have a history of good receivers playing in the TO.

But thank you for your support. Keep on hating, cause everyone hates a winner.

klak
December 7th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Our top 2 true WR (Kentrellis Showers and Zach Walker) are RS-Fr and T-Fr respectively. Both were recruited to play in the current offense.

CropDuster
December 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Our top 2 true WR (Kentrellis Showers and Zach Walker) are RS-Fr and T-Fr respectively. Both were recruited to play in the current offense.

Not to mention our A backs catch the ball just as much as the actual WRs do. Bryant is our leading receiver with twice as many yards as Walker.

ebirToG
December 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I don't hate you guys (although I have to say sitting in the middle of your section last year at the W&M playoff game was not comfortable - but that was W&Ms fault for getting the crap kicked out of them)... just like I didn't hate ASU when they dominated FCS. It is always good to have a big dog to aim for/at. If I did want to spread some hate I would have pointed at your defensive effort against ODU.

Just pointing out it is difficult to recruit good WRs in a TO offense.

The next post proves my point - Thanks. Your top 2 true WR only COMBINED for 16 catches and 350ish yards.

No real need to get defensive - nobody has been able to stop the run with you guys.

Baldy
December 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM

As long as they can block. xthumbsupx

FWIW, Zach Walker was a 3-star recruit according to scout.com with multiple DI offers. There are players who want to catch the ball and put up outstanding numbers regardless of the outcome. That is great and all, but we want the players who want to win and are willing to do whatever the TEAM needs them to do in order to accomplish that goal. xnodx

CropDuster
December 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Just pointing out it is difficult to recruit good WRs in a TO offense.

The next post proves my point - Thanks. Your top 2 true WR only COMBINED for 16 catches and 350ish yards.

No real need to get defensive - nobody has been able to stop the run with you guys.

We don't "need" great receivers. They are going to get single coverage all game long. I give you former WR Chris Johnson who was recruited as a QB.

Chris Johnson (2000): 42 rec 988 yds 23.5 avg 10td

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
We don't "need" great receivers. They are going to get single coverage all game long. I give you former WR Chris Johnson who was recruited as a QB.

Chris Johnson (2000): 42 rec 988 yds 23.5 avg 10td

Indeed...
If you see a GSU wide out get doubled in the playoffs you know the GSU play call signs are being stolen from the sidelines

Milktruck74
December 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
You saying we lost by 30 points?

Nope, Just pointing out that you gotta be good enough to beat the officials too.

Bear1
December 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Nope, Just pointing out that you gotta be good enough to beat the officials too.

Right you are!! Eneryone keeps talking about how bad GSU played on def. last week. Which is fine because if you didnt watch the game the # dont lie and the D was bad. But If you did watch the game, you saw GSU stop ODU 3 or 4 times in the game when a bad pass int. or a bogus chop block call would give ODU a 1st down. Even a fumbel that went out of bounds was given to ODU and that put the D back on the field.
And not so fast GSU. You got away with some things as well. There were a couple of no calls on your DBs.
All in all it was the worst game I have ever seen by any group of Refs.
Im not complaining, it confirms what you are saying. But in that game had a good group of officials GSUs Def doesnt get all this bad hype and the Eagles would have won by 17.

AmsterBison
December 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Is there a way to silence the "Silence the SoCon haters" club?

Somebody start handing out pacifiers dipped in whisky or something.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Is there a way to silence the "Silence the SoCon haters" club?

Somebody start handing out pacifiers dipped in whisky or something.

xlolx

gseagle
December 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Damn well

oh ok....didnt realize there was no equal to your stadium. i thought it was in reference to your football program.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
But... it's a track and field stadium..?
There's a big old track between the seats and the field - YUK..!!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16298&d=1323180319

cbarrier90
December 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
But... it's a track and field stadium..?
There's a big old track between the seats and the field - YUK..!!!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16298&d=1323180319

*sigh*...anybody got any original KBS critiques?

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM

That's the only one I have. :) And here's hoping I can get out to the game next year.

I'm looking forward to a packed Paulson Stadium today!

Gringer1
December 11th, 2011, 12:40 AM

I heard that it was too cold and the fans are mean ;)

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Do they have track meets while the football game is going..?
(I'm just asking)

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Do they have track meets while the football game is going..?
(I'm just asking)

Not since AE left.

Cleets
December 11th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Not since AE left.

ZING..!!!

xlolx