PDA

View Full Version : CAA ends ASU playoff domination in Boone

lknspider
December 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM
CAA teams have dealt Appalachian big losses in their last three HOME playoffs games in Boone, NC. 2008 Richmond won 33-13, 2010 Villanova won 42-14 and this year 2011 Maine mauled ASU 34-12. The ASU era has ended.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
This one was a surprise to me - no disrespect to Maine - but I figured the App State coaching staff and team would have all the answers for this one....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Recap of this game and the other second-round matchups:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/131-fcs-wrap-up-refreshed-maine-stuns-appalachian-state

b_f_c_99
December 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
No disrespect but really App States rep is built on a guy name Armanti Edwards. I would say that almost any playoff contender would have won if they had that guy for 3 years. Just a really exceptional player. His last year when Montana got them you could tell he wasn't 100 percent. You take enough hits and it happens.

Horseshoe App
December 4th, 2011, 03:22 PM
CAA teams have dealt Appalachian big losses in their last three HOME playoffs games in Boone, NC. 2008 Richmond won 33-13, 2010 Villanova won 42-14 and this year 2011 Maine mauled ASU 34-12. The ASU era has ended.

I guess as a Richmond fan you had allot of time to think about this since your team wasn't that good this year. At least we got to the playoffs. As bad as you want to think we are, we are still okay. We have allot of work to do, but no era has started or ended. We are a team that continues to be in the top 10 year end and year out. Can you say that about Richmond?

Horseshoe App
December 4th, 2011, 03:24 PM
No disrespect but really App States rep is built on a guy name Armanti Edwards. I would say that almost any playoff contender would have won if they had that guy for 3 years. Just a really exceptional player. His last year when Montana got them you could tell he wasn't 100 percent. You take enough hits and it happens.

We won the first one without him

chevy8050
December 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
We won the first one without him

Don't bother Horseshoe App - only the caa is allowed to have down years and still think they are ok.

Reign of Terrier
December 4th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I saw this coming....just didn't think it would be this bad. App does not have an offensive identity. It may be hard for them offensively next year especially without Cadet, Baker-Boney, Pressley, Quick, and Jorden, and 2 OL from an average offensive line. Those were some really really good players. Couple that with inconsistent at best play-calling in general and ASU could be in trouble next year. They need to get their act together offensively. Defense could take a small dive too, but they seemingly did better this year with a 3-4.

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I really like Appalachian State's fans and program. Yet I picked Maine to win this one.

ASU's total absence of a running game looked like a fatal flaw to me. Then looking at these game stats it appears that was the case yesterday. Didn't see the game so maybe it was inconsequential, yet I suspect otherwise.

theasushow
December 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Pretty sure the ASU "era" ended when they failed to 4 peat 3 years ago. come on man!

Reign of Terrier
December 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Pretty sure the ASU "era" ended when they failed to 4 peat 3 years ago. come on man!

nah, AE's senior year y'all made it to the semis and was a dropped TD away from going back to Chatty. 2012 will tell us all we need to know of ASU as a program. If they make the playoffs they're here to stay, if not, I think they'll have problems from here on out, until Jerry retires

asujch
December 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM
It's pretty hard to win when you have a second string safety starting for the first time, and then have your #2 and #3 corners go down in the first quarter, not to mention that your #1 corner wasn't playing at all. I know its a poor excuse, but it does make it a lot easier for the opposing offense.

lknspider
December 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I guess as a Richmond fan you had allot of time to think about this since your team wasn't that good this year. At least we got to the playoffs. As bad as you want to think we are, we are still okay. We have allot of work to do, but no era has started or ended. We are a team that continues to be in the top 10 year end and year out. Can you say that about Richmond?

Ponyshoe.....don't get your feelings hurt. Scores are facts and tell the story. ASU was overrated all year....did not belong in top 10 right from the beginning. VT score was an embarrassment and ASU never impressed during the season. As for the Spiders....glad you mentioned them! They led Maine 16--0 in the 4th quarter and lost, then lost to Towson on the last play of the game, lost to W&M on the last play of the game had two other gut wrenching losses to ODU and New Hampshire. Such is life in the CAA. Spiders were not as bad as most people thought and will be just fine in 2012.

StorminASU
December 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I saw this coming....just didn't think it would be this bad. App does not have an offensive identity. It may be hard for them offensively next year especially without Cadet, Baker-Boney, Pressley, Quick, and Jorden, and 2 OL from an average offensive line. Those were some really really good players. Couple that with inconsistent at best play-calling in general and ASU could be in trouble next year. They need to get their act together offensively. Defense could take a small dive too, but they seemingly did better this year with a 3-4.

You just see everything coming don't you? Did you also see Wofford choking again in the playoffs when you were announcing them national champions in the preseason and then again after they beat us? It's pretty easy to mouth off once something has already happened. In the spirit of your posts, I saw Wofford's demise coming. Highly overrated program that limped into the playoffs. I think Wofford is in trouble next year.

Btw, what lottery numbers are you playing Nostradamus?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2011, 05:16 PM
How has recruiting been the last 3-4 years? I would have figured you guys would have been killing it on the recruiting trail. You're easily the "biggest name" in FCS football.

T-Dog
December 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
How has recruiting been the last 3-4 years? I would have figured you guys would have been killing it on the recruiting trail. You're easily the "biggest name" in FCS football.

We've been getting tons of skill players but have lacked sorely in getting linemen. This was a problem many of us foresaw in 2006-07.

Longhorn
December 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
This one was a surprise to me - no disrespect to Maine - but I figured the App State coaching staff and team would have all the answers for this one....

You obviously haven't been paying attention to Maine, or have simply failed to give the Bears their due this season. The Bears are tough, physical, play disciplined ball, and are experienced. Next year may be a problem, but this Maine team can beat any other team still in the playoffs, including GSU.

cbarrier90
December 4th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Ponyshoe.....don't get your feelings hurt. Scores are facts and tell the story. ASU was overrated all year....did not belong in top 10 right from the beginning. VT score was an embarrassment and ASU never impressed during the season. As for the Spiders....glad you mentioned them! They led Maine 16--0 in the 4th quarter and lost, then lost to Towson on the last play of the game, lost to W&M on the last play of the game had two other gut wrenching losses to ODU and New Hampshire. Such is life in the CAA. Spiders were not as bad as most people thought and will be just fine in 2012.

You say "scores are facts and tell the story" yet the 3-8 "Spiders were not as bad as most people thought." Be consistent.

Must be great to ride the coattails of your conference when you don't have to back it up in the postseason. Also must be great to make threads calling ASU overrated AFTER the game is played and the season is over.

Hopefully the Spiders find a coach to bring them back to prominence. Certainly some classics between our respective teams.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
You obviously haven't been paying attention to Maine, or have simply failed to give the Bears their due this season. The Bears are tough, physical, play disciplined ball, and are experienced. Next year may be a problem, but this Maine team can beat any other team still in the playoffs, including GSU.

The CAA can be so deep it's had to get a real feel for a team...
But you're right - they caught me off guard

Horseshoe App
December 4th, 2011, 06:59 PM

I guess that is why there is only 1 powerful CAA team left. I think records are fact more than scores. 8-3>3-8. My feelings aren't hurt. I just think you want to hate on ASU. Yes, we are still are in the top 10 almost every year. This year, we will probably be around 10 to 13. Where will Richmond be? Just come to the game with a better argument.

GATA
December 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Richmond had like 2 solid years in the history of their football program. Why on Earth do Richmond fans even have opinions?

sgt smash
December 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
And the rest of the FCS does thier part to shut up the CAA domination talk right quick.

tractorapp
December 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM
We've been getting tons of skill players but have lacked sorely in getting linemen. This was a problem many of us foresaw in 2006-07.
QB coach Scott Satterfield leaving for Toledo, now FIU and the OL coach Sean Elliott leaving for South Carolina were blows that we have not recovered from. Clearly, Coach Moore needs to find a competetant OC/QB coach and a OL coach that can teach technique and motivate players. If he doesn't address those issues in the next couple weeks, our slid will continue in 2012 and beyond. We are told that recruiting is better than ever and most of our recruits are lower level FBS type kids, so they are not the issue. It is what we are doing with them once they arrive on campus that is the issue.

lknspider
December 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Richmond had like 2 solid years in the history of their football program. Why on Earth do Richmond fans even have opinions?

GATA= Ignorance! ......Richmond Spiders have more conference titles than any other school since 1998 (‘98, ‘00, ‘05,‘07, ‘09), one more than Massachusetts and Delaware.
In 2008, Richmond became just the second-ever private school to win the FCS National Championship, joining Furman (1988).

eaglewraith
December 5th, 2011, 06:26 AM
QB coach Scott Satterfield leaving for Toledo, now FIU and the OL coach Sean Elliott leaving for South Carolina were blows that we have not recovered from. Clearly, Coach Moore needs to find a competetant OC/QB coach and a OL coach that can teach technique and motivate players. If he doesn't address those issues in the next couple weeks, our slid will continue in 2012 and beyond. We are told that recruiting is better than ever and most of our recruits are lower level FBS type kids, so they are not the issue. It is what we are doing with them once they arrive on campus that is the issue.

I would say this is the big one. I've seen FIU play a few times and they "look" like App used to look on the field. I noticed that then found out afterward Satterfield was there. Then it made so much sense why they looked that way. I can sympathize somewhat, we lost our DC Brent Pry to Vanderbilt last year. While our defense has been good, it's nowhere near the same level it was last year and it kills me that it's like that.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Moore won't hire an OC because he's waiting to put his son in that position?

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2011, 06:34 AM
You just see everything coming don't you? Did you also see Wofford choking again in the playoffs when you were announcing them national champions in the preseason and then again after they beat us? It's pretty easy to mouth off once something has already happened. In the spirit of your posts, I saw Wofford's demise coming. Highly overrated program that limped into the playoffs. I think Wofford is in trouble next year.

Btw, what lottery numbers are you playing Nostradamus?
D'awww someone's sad about another *** kicking. I'm not stooping to your level. Wofford returns 15 starters next year and will have a vertical passing game

asumike83
December 5th, 2011, 06:40 AM
While ASU is still a very solid program, the era of our dominance is over and I think that is pretty clear. However, it really has nothing to do with the CAA. We have stayed good enough to hold serve at home against familiar foes and win on the road against the conference opponents we are supposed to beat. That will get you into the playoffs and I expect that we will remain a playoff team. However, until we start putting a serious emphasis on recruiting OL/RB and get a true offensive coordinator, we will not be a threat on the national level. This team has still not recovered from the losses of Scott Satterfield and Sean Elliot. If our running game and play-calling do not improve, we will suffer the same playoff fate again next season.

I understand that this is a source of pride for the CAA and I'd be proud as well but the result would have been the same if it were UNI, Montana, Lehigh, Montana St., NDSU or any of the other surviving playoff teams. Due to the field being regionalized, it is usually a CAA team that we get matched up with and they have exposed us the last 2 years. I would not go back any farther though, because you cannot talk about the Richmond game in '08 without mentioning that we returned the favor at their place in '09 when they were the defending champs.

Mikeyosef
December 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Our team from an offensive standpoint is clearly in disarray. For the first time in many, many, many years I'm not chomping at the bit for next year. Unless some serious moves happen in the off season, we could have a very bumpy ride next season and beyond.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM
D'awww someone's sad about another *** kicking. I'm not stooping to your level. Wofford returns 15 starters next year and will have a vertical passing game

I thought this year was the championship year for Wofford as foretold by the prophecy of youngterrier? I'm just saying it's ridiculous to act like a know it all when every App fan said we weren't the team of years past. I'll add on to my Wofford prediction and be more specific. Next year Wofford will win the games they're suppose to and a few they aren't, but ultimately either not make it to the playoffs or choke really quickly. I also predict you will over react after some signature win and proclaim them national champs.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM

You're really going to call me a pussy for not appreciating the fact you're a know it all? Just the attitude I've come to expect from the entitled, arrogant fans of Wofford. They're the better team if they beat us, but if App wins, it's because of lower admission standards etc. If Wofford loses in the playoffs it's ok because next year will be better; if App loses, the entire train is derailing and it's only going downhill. I'm glad you've accepted the fact Wofford will consistently be underwhelming and I also hope you get in to school there because your personality seems to really fit what they're going for down there.

jmu_duke07
December 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
While ASU is still a very solid program, the era of our dominance is over and I think that is pretty clear. However, it really has nothing to do with the CAA. We have stayed good enough to hold serve at home against familiar foes and win on the road against the conference opponents we are supposed to beat. That will get you into the playoffs and I expect that we will remain a playoff team. However, until we start putting a serious emphasis on recruiting OL/RB and get a true offensive coordinator, we will not be a threat on the national level. This team has still not recovered from the losses of Scott Satterfield and Sean Elliot. If our running game and play-calling do not improve, we will suffer the same playoff fate again next season.

I understand that this is a source of pride for the CAA and I'd be proud as well but the result would have been the same if it were UNI, Montana, Lehigh, Montana St., NDSU or any of the other surviving playoff teams. Due to the field being regionalized, it is usually a CAA team that we get matched up with and they have exposed us the last 2 years. I would not go back any farther though, because you cannot talk about the Richmond game in '08 without mentioning that we returned the favor at their place in '09 when they were the defending champs.

I really don't think it has anything to do with "pride." I've said it many times that Appy has been over ranked ALL year. Yet, Maine has been shat upon all season. Maine is a great team who I can see go all the way.

asumike83
December 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I really don't think it has anything to do with "pride." I've said it many times that Appy has been over ranked ALL year. Yet, Maine has been shat upon all season. Maine is a great team who I can see go all the way.

I agree with both points. ASU was overrated and Maine is a very good team.

The "pride" comments were about the thread in general, which was a UR fan stating that the CAA has ended our dominance. I only meant that we have declined and would have suffered the same fate against any good team, regardless of conference. I take nothing away from Maine, they came prepared and whipped our asses. Period.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
You're really going to call me a pussy for not appreciating the fact you're a know it all? Just the attitude I've come to expect from the entitled, arrogant fans of Wofford. They're the better team if they beat us, but if App wins, it's because of lower admission standards etc. If Wofford loses in the playoffs it's ok because next year will be better; if App loses, the entire train is derailing and it's only going downhill. I'm glad you've accepted the fact Wofford will consistently be underwhelming and I also hope you get in to school there because your personality seems to really fit what they're going for down there.

blah blah blah. I called you a pussy because you neg repped me. Think about that. You're taking what someone on the internet said so seriously that you want to tell them you don't like them. WAFJ. I only give negative rep as a response to someone who neg reps me, but ultimately I think it's kind of stupid that you go ape **** like this over a game. I didn't even read your entire post. 28-14. Why is it that you're the only App fan who has a problem with the way I post? I give predictions, big ****ing deal. I believe if certain things happen, certain results are expected. EVERYONE does that, but you call out me because I say the same thing App fans say and I'm not an App fan.

You are a pussy for taking **** like this serious and I'm just going to sit back and xlolx the internet is serious business you guys

theasushow
December 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM
GATA= Ignorance! ......Richmond Spiders have more conference titles than any other school since 1998 (‘98, ‘00, ‘05,‘07, ‘09), one more than Massachusetts and Delaware.
In 2008, Richmond became just the second-ever private school to win the FCS National Championship, joining Furman (1988).

ahem...since 2005 (05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10).

In 2007, ASU became just the first-ever school to win the FCS National Championship 3 years in a row.
xrulesx

Borat
December 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Great assessment.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
blah blah blah. I called you a pussy because you neg repped me. Think about that. You're taking what someone on the internet said so seriously that you want to tell them you don't like them. WAFJ. I only give negative rep as a response to someone who neg reps me, but ultimately I think it's kind of stupid that you go ape **** like this over a game. I didn't even read your entire post. 28-14. Why is it that you're the only App fan who has a problem with the way I post? I give predictions, big ****ing deal. I believe if certain things happen, certain results are expected. EVERYONE does that, but you call out me because I say the same thing App fans say and I'm not an App fan.

You are a pussy for taking **** like this serious and I'm just going to sit back and xlolx the internet is serious business you guys

Who has went ape shi* over a game? I got tired, once again, of your know it all attitude. I'm def. not the only App poster that has a problem with you, probably just the only one stupid enough to be baited in by your trolling. Why even say 28-14, I acknowledged App got beat, but you also need to acknowledge Wofford continually under-performs when it counts. I might be over reacting, we can agree to disagree on everything, but you don't make predictions in my eyes. You make general blanket statements while saying the game will end 2-3 different ways depending on what happens...well duh. Then you state the very obvious while trying to look informed, using hindsight, playing it off as if your the only one who saw App was overrated. You finally pointing out it is the same stuff App fans were saying is exactly what I was after so thank you for that. The internet isn't serious business, but I sick of everyone jumping on App for a down year of 8-4, especially a Wofford fan.

cbarrier90
December 5th, 2011, 11:11 AM

One would think with higher admission standards they'd be able to recruit players smart enough to down kickoffs in the endzone...

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
One would think with higher admission standards they'd be able to recruit players smart enough to down kickoffs in the endzone...

I was waiting for that after I set someone up so well, haha. Thanks for picking up on it.

Reign of Terrier
December 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Who has went ape shi* over a game? I got tired, once again, of your know it all attitude. I'm def. not the only App poster that has a problem with you, probably just the only one stupid enough to be baited in by your trolling. Why even say 28-14, I acknowledged App got beat, but you also need to acknowledge Wofford continually under-performs when it counts. I might be over reacting, we can agree to disagree on everything, but you don't make predictions in my eyes. You make general blanket statements while saying the game will end 2-3 different ways depending on what happens...well duh. Then you state the very obvious while trying to look informed, using hindsight, playing it off as if your the only one who saw App was overrated. You finally pointing out it is the same stuff App fans were saying is exactly what I was after so thank you for that. The internet isn't serious business, but I sick of everyone jumping on App for a down year of 8-4, especially a Wofford fan.

Give an example of me "using hindsight" I predicted a Maine win, I"m surprised it was by that margin. I'm consistent, despite every attempt you make to discredit that. There are multiple potential outcomes to games, and it all depends on certain factors, that's why I don't really pick games, but I predict based on certain precedent. Like when Wofford played App, if we shut down Quick, we'd win, and if we didn't we'd lose. And that's what happened, and you *****ed about that prediction too. And you're the only one. Do you have problems with using logic? No one else seems to have a problem with the way I post and since you're the only one who actually gives a ****, that's the only consistent factor here. So you're being a total pussy, giving too many ****s about what someone on the internet has to say. It's extremely funny to watch

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
On a side note:
I've noticed that the CAA school posters on this site "stick together" more than the SoCon or Big Sky Etc. Etc.
But the SoCon for sure seems to have the most (same conference) inter-school hatred
Where as the CAA feels like "everybody hates the CAA" so they seem to stick together on this site more

Just a side note: As you were gentlemen...

proasu89
December 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
On a side note:
I've noticed that the CAA school posters on this site "stick together" more than the SoCon or Big Sky Etc. Etc.
But the SoCon for sure seems to have the most (same conference) inter-school hatred
Where as the CAA feels like "everybody hates the CAA" so they seem to stick together on this site more

You must have missed the UD/ODU "lovefest" xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I watched a good bit of the ASU-Maine replay on ESPN3 and it seems to me that App. has forgotten the things that made them successful on offense (besides Armanti).

They do not utilize the athletic ability of their QBs nearly enough. With the play-calling the way it was App might as well recruit pocket passers. I saw some good opportunities for JJ to scramble and for some reason he showed a preference for throwing the ball. There weren't really any designed runs for the quarterback, either. There is almost no variety or unpredictability in the running game, and App State didn't run to the perimeter nearly enough. It was almost like watching the Power I out of the shotgun with no fullback and no run-blocking.

I like Moore but he really needs to create an OC position and give Satterfield a call. That is, if he is still in App's price range.

StorminASU
December 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I watched a good bit of the ASU-Maine replay on ESPN3 and it seems to me that App. has forgotten the things that made them successful on offense (besides Armanti).

They do not utilize the athletic ability of their QBs nearly enough. With the play-calling the way it was App might as well recruit pocket passers. I saw some good opportunities for JJ to scramble and for some reason he showed a preference for throwing the ball. There weren't really any designed runs for the quarterback, either. There is almost no variety or unpredictability in the running game, and App State didn't run to the perimeter nearly enough. It was almost like watching the Power I out of the shotgun with no fullback and no run-blocking.

I like Moore but he really needs to create an OC position and give Satterfield a call. That is, if he is still in App's price range.

It's amazing how anyone can scheme our team to a T and not even be a defensive coordinator. Thanks for saying what we've been saying all year, but providing a fresh take. We ran the power I all year without the blocking.

proasu89
December 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM

You nailed it. Many of us in the stands have seen us run the spread in name only. Coach Moore seems to have gravitated back to his old power I days with spread athletes.

SpeedkingATL
December 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM

You hit it perfectly.

tractorapp
December 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
You hit it perfectly.

FIU plays in their bowl game on 12/20. I don't expect to hear anything concerning new hires until after that, but I sure hope we start hearing some rumblings about conversations involving Satterfield and Moore and/or Cobb. Again, appears to me the perfect time to bring him in as HC in waiting and OC and let him usher us in the transition to FBS. If Coach Moore won't pull the trigger on needed staff changes, Cobb needs to step up, earn his pay and take the needed action for the good of the program and the University.

Srdnaty
December 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM

I'll agree that Edwards was awesome, but I think the program deserves a lot of credit. I believe they were 62-4 at home since '05. It's not like they play in a weak conference. As a Maine fan I'd love to see the success App state has enjoyed the last 10 years. The CAA is good, but the SOCON is nothing to sneeze at.

Srdnaty
December 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
In the CAA teams like UNH prides themselves on making the playoffs for 8 years in a row. App State should do the same. Why is the SOCON any different? You don't have to win a national title every year to be successful. It helps to advance, but at least you're getting invited to the party.

Srdnaty
December 5th, 2011, 06:16 PM
On a side note:

I'll pull for anyone in the CAA except for UNH.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM

See now...I was just about to say something nice about Maine and you have to go do that

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I can feel a CAA smack fest warming up...
Shall I start a fresh thread for you boys - or was that a mirage

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM

That's interesting...let's look at some history.

ASU National Championship Seasons/ Armanti Edwards' Year
2005/ Senior - Greenwood High
2006/ Freshman - ASU
2007/ Sophomore - ASU

Yup, ASU couldn't have won anything without Edwards--nothing at all. Does the name Richie Williams ring a bell?

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM

The "pride" comments were about the thread in general, which was a UR fan stating that the CAA has ended our dominance. I only meant that we have declined and would have suffered the same fate against any good team, regardless of conference. I take nothing away from Maine, they came prepared and whipped our asses. Period.

I'll never understand the devotion some fans have towards the "association." I can't figure it out...some of them actually chant "CAA, CAA, CAA!" as opposed to chanting for their school.

I openly root against East Georgia and FUrple in everything...everything. Perhaps that makes me a bad fan, but I just don't get pulling for your conference rivals. However, I might just have to root for Maine--excuse me, the CAA to lay an egg this weekend in Stinkboro just because of guys like lknspider. But, after lengthy (2 seconds) thought, I can't do it...I really hate gnats. Go Black Bears!

UMaineD
December 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I'll never understand the devotion some fans have towards the "association." I can't figure it out...some of them actually chant "CAA, CAA, CAA!" as opposed to chanting for their school.

I openly root against East Georgia and FUrple in everything...everything. Perhaps that makes me a bad fan, but I just don't get pulling for your conference rivals. However, I might just have to root for Maine--excuse me, the CAA to lay an egg this weekend in Stinkboro just because of guys like lknspider. But, after lengthy (2 seconds) thought, I can't do it...I really hate gnats. Go Black Bears!

I'm with you I was thrilled when JMU lost I would route for anyone other than them.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Stirring the pot... And the opposite could be said about Ga Southern and the CAA...

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Agreed. Don't you love how someone can post anything, and set off a war???

mainejeff
December 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM

I have a hard time pulling for anyone in the CAA other than UNH. The CAA South guys are just so arrogant!

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I think I am going to make a prediction for next year if I may based on this thread:

A school from the SoCon and a school from the CAA are going to play eachother in the playoffs and one of them is going to win, and then another debate about how one conference is overrated will begin with trash talk starting amongst conference mates

Sound accurate?

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I think I am going to make a prediction for next year if I may based on this thread:

A school from the SoCon and a school from the CAA are going to play eachother in the playoffs and one of them is going to win, and then another debate about how one conference is overrated will begin with trash talk starting amongst conference mates

Sound accurate?

Well yeah...
very accurate but Shhh... xshhhx that takes all the fun out of it

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Well yeah...
very accurate but Shhh... xshhhx that takes all the fun out of it

Just call me Revadamus