PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston St

katstrapper
December 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I love it that all the Sam Houston naysayers are having a hard time grasping the fact that SHSU is 12-0. I continue to sit back and laugh at some of you knuckleheadsxcrazyx and the whining xbawlingx you continue to do. Yall can cry and whine about "strength of schedule" and "average attendance" all you want. The fact of the matter is that YOU MUST come to Huntsville and knock us off. So until then, SHUT UP!!

FIRST ROUND............. BYE

SECOND ROUND.......... VS STONY BROOK.

SB was #1 scoring offense in nation at 39ppg..... They scored 27
SB was #4 rushing offense in nation at 267/ypg... They had 150
Jackiloski averaged 110 ypg rushing..... he had 86
Maysonet averaged 125ypg rushing..... he had 73

NEXT !!

ROUND 3... VS MONTANA STATE
All-time record between the schools is 2-2.

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
And MSU will be blowing out SHS-huntsville.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Given that you guys were guaranteeing a double-digit win before the game, I'm not sure Saturday convinced anyone. And, no one has a hard-time grasping that you're 12-0; in fact, that is one of the arguments your naysayers have - that many of the teams left would have had an undefeated season with your schedule.

Incidentally, I had SHSU projected as the #1 seed and have no issue with the seed. I think you guys would still be in the playoffs had you played in another league, but I think a SoCon or MVFC schedule would have hung a few losses on your season. I don't think that's "hatred" or naysaying, just acknowledging other conferences are tougher than the Southland. Undefeated is still a heck of a thing, and if you can say that at the end of the season, you will have deserved your national championship.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
This thread already feels like SMACK - it's just hanging in the air - Ugh...

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
SHS ****s the bed at home and embarrasses themselves. Then we all get to laugh at TT and his idiotic posts.

katstrapper
December 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
This thread already feels like SMACK - it's just hanging in the air - Ugh...

Take it for what you feel. Tired of all the "SAM HOUSTON IS A JOKE" ..."SAM HOUSTON IS A FAKE".. " THEY DIDNT PLAY ANYONE"... Again, until you come to Huntsville and beat this team, WE ARE THE #1 RANKED TEAM IN NATION AND PLAYOFFS!!

swaghook
December 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
SB plays in the Big South correct? Enough said. MT St wins next weekend.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 11:39 AM
You're fine Kat - just hang in there man - but with this thread you've opened the door for a gang of marauders and looters to come crashing in

katstrapper
December 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
You're fine Kat - just hang in there man - but with this thread you've opened the door for a gang of marauders and looters to come crashing in

Its all good ...I enjoy the laughs.

You are about the only one I have seen on here in the last month with a level head. Most on here are dilusional.

Dallas Demon
December 4th, 2011, 11:49 AM

"a gang of marauders and looters"? Who isn't on this forum, myself included? :D

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Well, we do cater specifically to that crowd...

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Well, we do cater specifically to that crowd...

CS would like a word with you.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 06:14 PM
CS would like a word with you.

I'm sorry
I'll check in with the Junior Varsity squad after the season ends...

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Will be exposed once they play a strong team!

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Just to be clear, my post was referencing another site... not a football team

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Just to be clear, my post was referencing another site... not a football team

He was talking about the joke that is SHS.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 06:25 PM

Correct

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM

He was - I wasn't

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That is clearly not the case nozzle... but I appreciate your enthusiasm and attentiveness

It actually IS the case. Thanks for playing.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
It actually IS the case. Thanks for playing.

Always a pleasure...

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Always a pleasure...

Nice edit job. Why stick up for those douches from SHS? They are nothing to write home about. MSU will destroy them.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Nice edit job. Why stick up for those douches from SHS? They are nothing to write home about. MSU will destroy them.

Montana State
Destroying Sam Houston
Are we talking about the same Montana State team that barely defeated 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado. Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BelgradeBobcat
December 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
xblahx griz fans talking smack on behalf of the Bobcats? That's weird. This Montana State team has a lot of questions to answer. Starting with that Northern Colorado game we've been bit by the turnover bug. This is a team that can look unbeatable at times, and in the same game look like they can't beat anybody. I know they have the utmost respect for Sam Houston State. 12-0, I don't care who you are, is very impressive.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM

xconfusedx What about the whiskey, fast horses and wild women???? :D

McNeese72
December 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
xblahx griz fans talking smack on behalf of the Bobcats? That's weird. This Montana State team has a lot of questions to answer. Starting with that Northern Colorado game we've been bit by the turnover bug. This is a team that can look unbeatable at times, and in the same game look like they can't beat anybody. I know they have the utmost respect for Sam Houston State. 12-0, I don't care who you are, is very impressive.

The Griz fans are big MSU fans this week because they don't want the chance of having to go to Huntsville. Of course, they better take care of UNI first.

Doc

ezgriz51
December 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
The Griz fans are big MSU fans this week because they don't want the chance of having to go to Huntsville. Of course, they better take care of UNI first.

Doc
GRIZ fans want another home game. I still think the easiest GRIZ path to Frisco would be for SHSU to pull one out of their hats and beat the Bobcats. Doubt it happens, though.

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM

Doc

Part yes, but mostly no. I think MSU runs away with this. SHS didn't look very good.

And, yes, Cat/Griz Part II for a trip to the Chipper is weighing heavily...and I have MSU winning the championship this year. Been saying it from day one.

fencer24
December 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
HERESY! But I think that the Cats will play better in warm weather, just like the Griz play better in cold. The Cats have the potential. Now if they would just use it.

CopperCat
December 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
The second that McGhee stops throwing picks, that offense will be on a different level. They have had sniffs of that a few times this year, but not on a weekly basis. Kirk and Robinson will run much better in 50 degree weather, as will the entire offense. The defense played lights out last week against one of the top offenses in the country and will likely come out with that same fire in Hunstville. I don't think SHSU should be taken lightly in any regard, they're on a roll. I do think the Southland is the weakest conference in the field (see UCA's fantastic showing vs UM) but you don't gameplan that way. If I were MSU I would go back and look at the Portland State game, because that is how you stop a running team like SHSU (minus stupid penalties and turnovers). I think it will be a close game, but I like our chances.

katstrapper
December 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Bobcats better hope they have a big lead at half... Here is the quarter by quarter breakdown in scoring for SHSU... SHSU has outscored their opponents in every quarter of the game, with the third quarter being owned by the Bearkats.....

1Q 88-10
2Q 122-41
3Q 142-17
4Q 76-67

Total 426-135

Bobcat in NC
December 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM

Screw destroying them, I'll be elated if MSU wins by 1 at this point...

If MSU can shake the turnovers and STUPID mistakes they'll be in good shape. If not, they'll get rolled. The Cats CANNOT afford the same crap (a pick-6, a fumbled punt return deep in their own territory leading to another TD and a blocked extra point returned for 2) and expect to compete. UNH scoring 16 points directly off of MSU miscues was horrific.

That said, I think the Irish lad cleans it up this weekend and the Cats win by 7.

UNH72Plus
December 8th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I love it that all the Sam Houston naysayers are having a hard time grasping the fact that SHSU is 12-0. I continue to sit back and laugh at some of you knuckleheadsxcrazyx and the whining xbawlingx you continue to do. Yall can cry and whine about "strength of schedule" and "average attendance" all you want. The fact of the matter is that YOU MUST come to Huntsville and knock us off. So until then, SHUT UP!!

FIRST ROUND............. BYE

SECOND ROUND.......... VS STONY BROOK.

SB was #1 scoring offense in nation at 39ppg..... They scored 27
SB was #4 rushing offense in nation at 267/ypg... They had 150
Jackiloski averaged 110 ypg rushing..... he had 86
Maysonet averaged 125ypg rushing..... he had 73

NEXT !!

ROUND 3... VS MONTANA STATE
All-time record between the schools is 2-2.

When you cite statistics you need to consider the context. Six of the FCS teams that SB played were ranked from 74 to 116 in scoring defense and gave up an average of 48 ppg. A seventh team plays D-II and gave up an average of 55 ppg. And how about these statistic, SHSU the #1 scoring defense in FCS (13.83 ppg) gave up 27 points to SB and SHSU #1 rushing defense (66.58 ypg) gave up 150 to SB. I guess it all depends on your spin. Montana State by at least two TDs!