PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Playoff Predictions - Quarterfinals.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I was 6-2 this round boosting my playoff record to 8-4. Hats off to Lehigh and Maine for their wins. ODU's effort was incredible and New Hampshire had nothing to be ashamed of against Montana State.

Montana State @ Sam Houston State - Bearkats win in a close one.
Northern Iowa @ Montana - Grizzlies grit out another home win.
Maine @ Georgia Southern - Eagles fly their way into the semifinals.
Lehigh @ North Dakota State - Bison have no problems in this one.

Tod
December 4th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Semi-finals will be the battle for Montana in Missoula and...

Maine vs. Lehigh.

Weird, I know.

You read it here first...

though I admit it's more of a wish than anything else...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Sam Houston
UNI
GSU
NDSU

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM

Maine vs. Lehigh.

Weird, I know.

+1 possibly a home game in December, it would be nice.

Ronin
December 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Sam Houston State - A Montana team winning on the road against ranked competition? Not this year.
Montana - Home field advantage again wins out.
Georgia Southern - Maine has heart, but that running attack at home is no laughing matter.
North Dakota State - Bison keep on rolling.

paul1978
December 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Montana St
Montana
Georga Southern
North Dakota State

Sam_Kats
December 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Sam
Griz
Ga Southern
NDSU

Looking forward to watching the Missoula atmosphere Friday night.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
the money pick is Montana State over Sam Houston in a route

tribefan40
December 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State
Northern Iowa @ Montana
Maine @ Georgia Southern
Lehigh @ North Dakota State

swaghook
December 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State SHSU over rated IMO
Northern Iowa @ Montana - Hard to beat the Griz at home in Dec
Maine @ Georgia Southern - My upset pick won't surprise me if this goes the other way
Lehigh @ North Dakota State - Tougher game then some will expect but the 12th man will help NDSU get the W.

katstrapper
December 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State - Home cooking and defense brings the hammer piss off all the naysayers again..Bearkats win in a close one.
Northern Iowa @ Montana - Grizzlies grit out another home win and cross their fingers AGAIN that SHSU loses.
Maine @ Georgia Southern - Nobody though Maine would go to Boone and win. Possible upset? Probably not. Eagles.
Lehigh @ North Dakota State - Bison didnt set the world on fire in second round, yet seem to think they are the best team in the land. They should get a home win again.

Dallas Demon
December 4th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State - Montana teams are great in the cold north and have a distinct advantage. This one is not being played in the cold north, where Montana teams are average at best.
Northern Iowa @ Montana - See #1 (Montana teams are great in the cold north)
Maine @ Georgia Southern - Maine won't be able to duplicate another road effort like last week. GS defense is still suspect but will still pull out a win.
Lehigh @ North Dakota State - The dome is too much of an advantage for NDSU. Lehigh is happy to have just made it to the quarterfinals.

theasushow
December 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm 10-2 thus far, Towson and ASU let me down.
MSU
UM
MAINE
NDSU

fargocyclone
December 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Northern Iowa @ Montana
Maine @ Georgia Southern

BlueHenSinfonian
December 4th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Northern Iowa @ Montana
Maine @ Georgia Southern

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State - I think both teams are pretenders
Northern Iowa @ Montana - Both teams are really good.
Maine @ Georgia Southern - This will be a really tough game Maine has a shot, GSU probably wins at home. I suspect this game will not have playstation numbers.
Lehigh @ North Dakota State - Lehigh is not a bad team, but they arent as good as they think.

Bolded win, italicized are the 5 best teams in the entire bracket

I-16Bandit
December 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm rooting for Lehigh. I don't want the possibility of having to travel up to bum**** nowhere known as North Dakota.

McNeese75
December 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Sam
Northern Iowa
GSU
Lehigh

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm rooting for Lehigh. I don't want the possibility of having to travel up to bum**** nowhere known as North Dakota.

You are from bum**** nowhere georgia..

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM

You mean Fargo, which has suburbs the size of Statesboro?

BisonBacker
December 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Montana State @ Sam Houston State This really is a toss up but giving SHSU the edge for Home field
Northern Iowa @ Montana Like to see the Panthers hang a "L" on Montana but Montana is on a roll and at home tough combo to beat.
Maine @ Georgia Southern Georgia Southern's Defense is going to get an *** chewing in practice this week.
Lehigh @ North Dakota State NDSU gets a couple of key players back hopefully, that along with homefield and this one will be another home team winning this week.

Home teams sweep this week!

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM

This is true.

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM

I think he means North Dakota. That swath of land that God forgot which has vast, desolate wastelands the size of... well... North Dakota.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Thanks, But I am rooting for Maine! Sorry, same reason.

bojeta
December 4th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Montana St
Montana
Georga Southern
North Dakota State

Yep... this looks correctxnodx

lehighfball
December 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
MONTANA ST
MONTANA
GEORGIA SOUTHERN
LEHIGH

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I think he means North Dakota. That swath of land that God forgot which has vast, desolate wastelands the size of... well... North Dakota.

Whatever...

Oh, the beautiful land of Georgia, where your uncle is your brother and sister is your mom.....

Boots
December 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Whatever...

Oh, the beautiful land of Georgia, where your uncle is your brother and sister is your mom.....

That would be Alabama or Mississippi...that said though, hard to argue with you about some parts of Georgia. However, SDSU is....well, I'll leave it alone.

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Whatever...

Nice try.

All backwoods portions of the state aside, at least GA has a few reasons for others to come and visit. That alone makes us more likely than you guys to procreate with non-family... or stray cattle, for that matter.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
the money pick is Montana State over Sam Houston in a route

Have you not learned from the last time you picked against Sam Houston.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Sam Houston
Montana
Maine
North Dakota State

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Yea Stoney Brook is not all that good, but he has your number. First solid team you face and it will be a nice season.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Nice try.

All backwoods portions of the state aside, at least GA has a few reasons for others to come and visit. That alone makes us more likely than you guys to procreate with non-family... or stray cattle, for that matter.

Yeah, c'mon...haven't you seen Walking Dead?

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Nice try.

We don't have cattle, but corncobs, sure you could probably make some sex jokes about them. Not sure about the sugar beets though.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Shsu
Montana
Maine
Ndsu

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Since I'm being a total a-hole, I better make some picks on this thread.

Montana(s)
Maine
Bison

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 06:04 PM
We don't have cattle, but corncobs, sure you could probably make some sex jokes about them. Not sure about the sugar beets though.

So what you're saying is that even animals with brains the size of baseballs have the common sense to stay the hell away from your state? I don't think I need any sex jokes. That's already depressing enough.

LehighU11
December 4th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Montana St.
Montana
Maine
Lehigh

Maine might be the only school we outbid and we should get a home game if our half of the bracket shapes up that way!

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Montana State
Montana
GSU
NDSU

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Also, since I haven't made any predictions, I'll go with:

Montana
Montana St.
GSU
NDSU

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Montana State will beat Sam Houston, Sam Houston is not as good of a team as people think they are
Montana over Northern Iowa in a close, exciting game
Georgia Southern over Maine on a close, exciting, HIGH SCORING game
North Dakota State over Lehigh in a close, exciting high scoring game again

srgrizizen
December 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Sam
Northern Iowa
GSU
Lehigh

Of all the predictions so far, I think this is the only one with a real possibility of being a perfect 0 - 4. I would go with the exact opposite, except I'll take GSU at home - and adios CAA. xcoffeex

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yea Stoney Brook is not all that good, but he has your number. First solid team you face and it will be a nice season.

Solid team-yeah right
Montana State defeated 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado
Sam Houston is not Northern Colorado

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Solid team-yeah right

And Montana State isn't Lamar, or Nicholls State, or UTSA...seriously, SHSU has done nothing but beat up on patsies and squeaked by the first half-decent FCS team they've played.

Engineer86
Solid team-yeah right

I didn't say MSU was solid just that once you face one, it's over. You got a gift seed and an easy draw to Montana. It helps with the credibility.

Cat79
Montana State will beat Sam Houston, Sam Houston is not as good of a team as people think they are
Montana over Northern Iowa in a close, exciting game
Georgia Southern over Maine on a close, exciting, HIGH SCORING game
North Dakota State over Lehigh in a close, exciting high scoring game again

So Montana State is a good team who barely defeated 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Nice try.

And these reasons are what exactly?

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I didn't say MSU was solid just that once you face one, it's over. You got a gift seed and an easy draw to Montana. It helps with the credibility.

If Sam Houston wins Montana will have to come to them. The last time Montana had played a game at Sam Houston they lost.

Gringer1
December 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Maine @ Georgia Southern - Maine won't be able to duplicate another road effort like last week. GS defense is still suspect but will still pull out a win.

Georgia Southern's defense is actually really good. ODU just has a crazy offense and I think their quarterback is a legit NFL pick. This doesn't mean that there aren't weaknesses to the Eagle defense, just that ODU had the perfect offense to exploit the flaws.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Solid team-yeah right

Noone plays perfect all year long.....every team has a "bad day"......

This year the Southland is poor....period. SHSU is a good team but the conference is weak overall from top-to-bottom.

forthandinches
December 4th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Montana State over Sam Houston on a last second field goal 30-27
Montana over UNI as they are better prepared for the cold weather 31-21
Maine over Georgia Southern as the Bears are this years cinderella 38-37
North Dakota State over Lehigh as its in the dome and the Bison are simply too good 35-24

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Noone plays perfect all year long.....every team has a "bad day"......

This year the Southland is poor....period. SHSU is a good team but the conference is weak overall from top-to-bottom.

Watch the real Sam Houston show up this weekend to defeat Montana State

fencer24
December 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I will be. But I think it's more likely that the Cats beat SHSU, if only for a rematch of Griz-Cat the following week. Of course if Montana loses Friday night all bets are off.

On the other hand, if the Cats lose and the Griz win, SHSU won't have the advantage of 90 degrees with 100% humidity. So, I still like the Griz even if they have to travel.

Southern Bison
December 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Nice try.

Alright CC, I wasn't going to post this, but you crossed theline. There really wasn't anything in Statesboro but the school. It was quite hospitable in '06 when NDSU came to town. I enjoyed the game thoroughly and your women were as loose as your defense that day...quite a memorable trip!

Southern Bison
December 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
After that, I should probably post my picks:

Montana, Montana St., Maine, & NDSU

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM

I have learned a bit, I watched the Sam Houston/Stoney game and both teams were worse than I could of ever imagined. Yes, I picked Stoney to pull the upset over the so called #1 team in America and they fell a bit short, I am thinking Montana State will take you out on Saturday

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:03 PM
In the 4th quarter with Stoney down it looked like the play book was basically - go long I'll hit you, and your DB's still seemed lost.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Alright CC, I wasn't going to post this, but you crossed theline. There really wasn't anything in Statesboro but the school. It was quite hospitable in '06 when NDSU came to town. I enjoyed the game thoroughly and your women were as loose as your defense that day...quite a memorable trip!

Not bad......LOL

GSU Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Lots of picks of Maine over GSU. I don't see it. ODU did move the ball up and down the field on us, but look at our other games this year. That game was an aberration. Our defense is much better than that.

We will give up some yardage but there is no way Maine will score 48 or anything close to it Saturday. Our offense is on a roll right now. I will believe it when I see it if Maine can shut us down like they did Appalachian.

To the surprise of many the game this Saturday will not be a shootout. GSU will win something like 35 to 24.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I have learned a bit, I watched the Sam Houston/Stoney game and both teams were worse than I could of ever imagined. Yes, I picked Stoney to pull the upset over the so called #1 team in America and they fell a bit short, I am thinking Montana State will take you out on Saturday

I did not attend Sam Houston. Sam Houston is going to defeat Montana State.
Your are bashing Sam Houston while suspect Montana State barely defeated an 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Your are bashing Sam Houston while suspect Montana State barely defeated an 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado this year.

You sure keep "beating" this same drum in a lot of threads......

GSUsTALON
December 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM
oh, I just want NDSU in the Fargo Dome!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM

Reminds me of TheFan and his Bison lost to YSU drivel.

Truth of the matter is MSU is going to be the first quality opponent for SHSU all year. They are a real team, not Lamar, not Nicholls State, a real team from a real conference and they have a very good chance to win. In fact, I believe they will win.

FargoBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM

And I want GSU in the Fargodome!

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:23 PM

I asked myself to stop bashing Sammy but I just seem to shake it

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM

I wouldn't count your chickens......Maine will probably give GSU all they can handle.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM

True. Your guys are bashing Sam Houston and the Southland (as being a weak conference). I am showing you that Montana State is not that great. Pure and simple.

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Let's try not to disappoint each other...

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
True. Your guys are bashing Sam Houston and the Southland (as being a weak conference). I am showing you that Montana State is not that great. Pure and simple.

I agree with you on that.... Montana State not that great but they will look pretty good next Saturday. All this setting up Montana for a smooth ride all the way to finals

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM

I'm not bashing SHSU...I have seen them play twice on Fox Sports this year....they are the real deal, for sure. But the Southland is weak overall from top to bottom....

FargoBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I agree with you on that.... Montana State not that great but they will look pretty good next Saturday. All this setting up Montana for a smooth ride all the way to finals

Smooth ride? Beating UNI won't be easy. Getting UCA was a definite gift though, avoiding GSU and NDSU was another nice gift for the Grizzled Bears as well.

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 08:35 PM

The only way Montana has a chance of getting to the finals is by having home field advantage. If they have to go on the road to Huntsville Texas then maybe not.

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I enjoyed the game thoroughly and your women were as loose as your defense that day...quite a memorable trip!

Somebody was wondering what drove the tourism in GA. There you go, right there.

I have a little too much pride (or is it lack of game?) to go diving into the sorostitute fest of University Plaza in Statesboro, but our loose women have to be a better draw than the museum of technological marvels in Fargo that features hourly lectures from people who have been on real airplanes and have seen an ocean before.

putter
December 4th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Montana St - not sure which Bobcat team will show up but I think being back down in warmer weather help the MSU offense. MSU will be the best team SHSU has played all year
Montana - Griz peaking at the right time
Georga Southern - on a roll but it will be close
North Dakota State - Bison playing good ball and home field will get them through a game Lehigh squad

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2011, 09:35 PM
The only way Montana has a chance of getting to the finals is by CONTINUING TO PLAY THE WAY THEY HAVE LATELY. If they have to go on the road to Huntsville Texas then IT REQUIRES AN EXTRA PLANE RIDE

There I fixed it for you. You're welcome. :)

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Somebody was wondering what drove the tourism in GA. There you go, right there.

I have a little too much pride (or is it lack of game?) to go diving into the sorostitute fest of University Plaza in Statesboro, but our loose women have to be a better draw than the museum of technological marvels in Fargo that features hourly lectures from people who have been on real airplanes and have seen an ocean before.

I saw an ocean once...wasn't impressed.

HailSzczur
December 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
MSU
Montana
GSU
NDSU

ngineer
December 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM

Maine vs. Lehigh.

Weird, I know.

I love the scenario...we'd even had a shot at home game on December 17!!

LehighU11
December 4th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I love the scenario...we'd even had a shot at home game on December 17!!

I'd have to think that our chances of a home game are pretty good should we face Maine in the semis.

CatMom07
December 4th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Cat79
You really need to step back.
SHSU had 2-3 good wins
New Mexico
UCA
Stony Brook

Posters are right. The SLC was a disaster this year. Even we were a mess with Fran playing musical chairs @ QB, and other positions, and the generic play calling; while the coaches were looking at guys for 2012 instead of trying to win games.

No doubt SHSU has a very good (young) team, but not great.
While I'd love to see an SLC team make a run, I think SHSU will be better next year.
That said, I could be wrong and they could surprise.

MSU's loss to N Colorado has nothing to do with how they are playing now.
In 2005 we lost to Nicholls St, for God's sake. It didn't affect our playoff run.

Dallas Demon
December 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Let's all make up our minds about Montana St. before Saturday. Are they great, or are they not great? Will they romp over a weak Sam Houston team with no good wins coming from a conference that is maybe only better than the OVC and the Patriot (thank you UCA regarding the OVC and with regards to the Patriot, at least we have two teams capable of winning in the field of 20). Remember, Montana St. was #1 before losing to Montana the final game of the season - so let's give them their due, they are indeed a great team and have to be a force to be taken very seriously not just this weekend but weekends to come. This same Montana St. team led the Big Sky until the last game, a conference that consists of Montana whom we all respect as one of the premiere schools in all of FCS.

Montana St. might indeed hammer SHSU this weekend - we'll see. But if SHSU somehow beats Montana St., let's also give the Bearkats their due. I sense a lots of wavering/positioning here *just in case* Sam somehow figures out a way to win. I see many talking boldly/talking trash - I guess that is one of the joys of reading this forum. However, also be man enough to give the Bearkats (and the Southand Conference) their due after Saturday should they win.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Montana State vs Sam Houston
Montana vs UNI
Georgia Southern vs Maine
North Dakota State vs LEHIGH

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Let's all make up our minds about Montana St. before Saturday. Are they great, or are they not great?

they will look great on Saturday and not so great in the Semis

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 7th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Montana State over SHSU.....not close
Montana over UNI....
Maine over GSU........toss up in my mind....homer pick CAA.....
North Dakota over Lehigh.....pulling for Lehigh...

UMaineD
December 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'd have to think that our chances of a home game are pretty good should we face Maine in the semis.

That would work for a lot of parents of the Maine players 26 from NJ on the roster in NJ. Lehigh about an hour from us.

Maine and Lehigh December 17th!!!