PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs UNI - Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Willie
December 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Might as well start it early. Rumor has it the game will be Friday night under the lights at Wa-Griz.

xrotatehx

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Rumor from where..?

Willie
December 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=12-09-11-5%3A00-PM

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Ooh... That is a great slot for both teams
Nice work Willie - thanks for the UPDATE brother

Willie
December 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'm just jacked to see my first under the lights game in Missoula.

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
Would love to see my first night game at Wash-Griz.

fencer24
December 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Come on out PntherRob! You are more than welcome.

mtbigdog
December 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Montana's other present from ESPN
GRIZ 35, The other guys-24

Grizo406
December 3rd, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm just jacked to see my first under the lights game in Missoula.

I've seen all the games that were played at night in Washington/Grizzly, Willie, and they are UN-f'n-believable!

As gorgeous as the pics are of the past night games, I've yet to see one that truly captures how gorgeous "The Mecca" really is! Pete Ramberg's work comes pretty close!

A few years ago, I heard a Griz fan say: :"You really haven't seen a game in Wa-Griz, until you've seen a night game!".

If the game with UNI is really gonna' happen at night, do any/everything you can to see it!

You won't be disappointed! Guaranteed!!

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
14-13 UNI.

UNI winning helps my conference and my bracket.

UM winning helps my heart.

<3 this game.

Grizaholic17
December 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
14-13 UNI.

UNI winning helps my conference and my bracket.

UM winning helps my heart.

<3 this game.

I hope we win our sides of the bracket so we can continue our revenge tour on you. Don't think we forget. ;)

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Come on out PntherRob! You are more than welcome.

I know. I was at the Weber game a month ago. :)

Tough to make another trip out $$$ wise. I'm crunching some numbers.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
I think your entire side should hope NDSU wins our bracket so that the NC is west vs west.

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZDVRNfP_s&feature=related

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
i've got mixed feelings about night games @ wa-griz. like if it's freezing as ****, and dark, and the griz lose, it's the worst. somehow losses are easier to swallow in the daytime for me. not saying we're gonna lose, but.. it could happen.

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2011, 01:41 AM
i've got mixed feelings about night games @ wa-griz. like if it's freezing as ****, and dark, and the griz lose, it's the worst. somehow losses are easier to swallow in the daytime for me. not saying we're gonna lose, but.. it could happen.

A Griz loss "could happen", but it isn't going to happen this weekend. The Grizzlies are going to smack these Panthers.

However, I wish it were on Saturday rather than Friday. It would make it much easier on those of us who travel to attend!

Ronbo
December 4th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Call in sick on Friday.xnodx

BearIt
December 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I hope we win our sides of the bracket so we can continue our revenge tour on you. Don't think we forget. ;)

Unfortunately Wofford gave UNI the game yesterday or we could have had the ultimate revenge tour.

Of course the Panthers do deserve to get the tar pounded out of them again for the 2 heinous incidents in 2001.:D

Willie
December 4th, 2011, 01:20 PM
For the UNI fans coming...I'll be sitting right in the midst of you all ;)

srgrizizen
December 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM
UNI and UM are both top FCS programs with enthusiastic, knowledgeable fans. I hope we see lots of football discussion this week and a minimum of offensive smack. The last game was ten years ago, so let's drop it. I blame much of that bad blood on a totally unprofessional tool of a sportswriter for a Cedar Rapids paper who did everything he possibly could to fan the flames. I don't remember his name, but hopefully he's moved on to a position more suited to his journalistic (in)abilities, like Fox News for example.

Phrebert
December 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM
uni and UM are both top FCS programs with enthusiastic, knowledgeable fans. I hope we see lots of football discussion this week and a minimum of offensive smack.

No... Smack is healthy

veinup
December 4th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Ronbo, that video gives me absolute chills. i wish it went on another five minutes or so so we could get a glimpse of me storming the field outta the student section. that was a good night.

gofurman
December 4th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately Wofford gave UNI the game yesterday or we could have had the ultimate revenge tour.

Of course the Panthers do deserve to get the tar pounded out of them again for the 2 heinous incidents in 2001.:D

EXACTLY - Wofford completely DOMINATED UNI. Id be ashamed if you couldn't beat UNI. UNI was more than doubled up in yards... AT HOME. They should be embarrased. Id be shocked if this wasn't a pretty good beatdown by Montana. Not many games where a team is so "gifted" a victory as UNI was. UNI is a good program but shouldnt win when they give up 470+ yards and only gain 240 or whatever.

(And as a Furman guy I should hate on Wofford ..) I will say though I love me some triple option - just ask Montana about playing Wofford or Georgia Southern - there is a reason GSU has the most National titles. That thing is so hard to prepare for in a week.

And for those who say the only stat that matters is the scoreboard - Thats only true in the National Title game. Lets see how far UNI goes in the playoffs. I bet it ends this weekend. One fluke win wont get you through the playoffs. Maybe Montana can learn up some triple option this weekend and run it a few times ! Wofford averaged over 6 yards a rush with it. UNI was not well prepared.

Go Griz.

Lakes Bison
December 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
EXACTLY - Wofford completely DOMINATED UNI. Id be ashamed if you couldn't beat UNI. UNI was more than doubled up in yards... AT HOME. They should be embarrased. Id be shocked if this wasn't a pretty good beatdown by Montana. Not many games where a team is so "gifted" a victory as UNI was. UNI is a good program but shouldnt win when they give up 470+ yards and only gain 240 or whatever.

(And as a Furman guy I should hate on Wofford ..) I will say though I love me some triple option - just ask Montana about playing Wofford or Georgia Southern - there is a reason GSU has the most National titles. That thing is so hard to prepare for in a week.

And for those who say the only stat that matters is the scoreboard - Thats only true in the National Title game. Lets see how far UNI goes in the playoffs. I bet it ends this weekend. One fluke win wont get you through the playoffs. Maybe Montana can learn up some triple option this weekend and run it a few times ! Wofford averaged over 6 yards a rush with it. UNI was not well prepared.

Go Griz.

28-21 crybaby.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Call in sick on Friday.xnodx

Nobody cares............................................. ........................................

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM

Go Griz.

Gotta love when fans of teams that didn't make the playoffs are talking crap on a team that is in the quarterfinals. Wofford made mistakes. You cannot make mistakes in the playoffs. Guess what we didn't make mistakes and we won the game. That is all that matters. It must have been a fluke to have won 10 games this year. It was a miracle we won any games this year.

Our defense did not fare well against the triple option. We are not in the Socon and don't get to see it every other week. It was disappointed for UNI fans as we didn't look good. Guess what we live to play another day. I would be surprised if we looked that bad again.

Montana will not be an easy game. They are playing better than any team in the country right now. They have the best homefield advantage in the entire country. I don't think the Griz players will be underestimating UNI, but I guarantee if they do they will be shocked. I admittedly don't know much about the strengths and weaknesses of the Griz. I suspect it to be a hard fought game with the team making fewer mistakes coming out on top.

Phrebert
December 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Im not as terrifed of uni as I was when APP St came to WA-Griz, and Armanti had to be stopped on the last play of the game. That was one damn good game

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I picked Montana to win it all but that was before I knew Freddie Patek was your QB

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
He looked short on ESPN3 but I see he is listed at 6'1'' - so no more Patek jokes

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I picked Montana to win it all but that was before I knew Freddie Patek was your QB

Hardy har. I seem to remember UD having a 6' 6" future NFL starter at QB, and still weren't able to get the job done. xcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to see the Griz play this year so I guess I will have to go back and watch the replay of the UCA game on ESPN3.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM
He looked short on ESPN3 but I see he is listed at 6'1'' - so no more Patek jokes

Look at the average height of our O-line hogs and you'll realize why he seems short by comparison.xnodx

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Two good programs with solid defenses. Though I think Montana's "D" is better. Montana also has an offense that can score some points, Northern Iowa not so much.

I suspect this one will be close for the first half. After that the Grizzlies will pull away and win it in double digits. I don't expect an "easy" win, but I do expect a decisive one. If I meet any Panther fans in the bars Friday night, I'll buy you a beer. It's the least I can do.

srgrizizen
December 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Fixed it:

UNI and UM are both top FCS programs with enthusiastic, knowledgeable fans. I hope we see lots of football discussion this week and a minimum of offensive smack. The last game was ten years ago, so let's drop it. I blame much of that bad blood on a totally unprofessional tool of a sportswriter for a Waterloo/Cedar Falls paper who did everything he possibly could to fan the flames. I don't remember his name, but hopefully he's moved on to a position more suited to his journalistic (in)abilities, like Fox News for example.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Two good programs with solid defenses. Though I think Montana's "D" is better. Montana also has an offense that can score some points, Northern Iowa not so much.

I suspect this one will be close for the first half. After that the Grizzlies will pull away and win it in double digits. I don't expect an "easy" win, but I do expect a decisive one. If I meet any Panther fans in the bars Friday night, I'll buy you a beer. It's the least I can do.

I'm with you - I expect a tough game. Montana has feasted on turnovers of late, but the Panthers just don't give up the ball the way Southland teams do; UNI was fourth in turnover margin, and played in one of the toughest conferences out there. So we're going to have to drive the ball, and not turn the ball over ourselves, which has been a bit of a problem, as Johnson seemed a bit too confident in throwing into double- and triple-coverage against UCA, and was intercepted several times.

Our defense - which has come up big in several games - will have to do the same on Friday. I don't think we'll get the big special teams and defensive turnovers, so we'll have to play solid. Fortunately, I do think we can read UNI's offense a bit better than we could have read Wofford (as they showed in Missoula a couple years ago), but it should still be a battle. UNI executes well.

On O, I like our chances, especially given how many RB's we have that have seen significant time and 100+ yard games, the size and execution of our O line, and that UNI's rushing defense is good but not stellar.

I think a low scoring game works in our favor, but a true shootout would worry me. I don't expect either team will win big unless either team has to get desperate of late, and I'm looking forward to cheering under the lights Friday!

GradBison
December 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Go Panthers - Beat Montana! Represent the MVFC well.

unigriff
December 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM

lmao.

They are quite similar in a lot of ways, but keep bashing the Panthers and how they can't at least play with "Montana U"

When comparing defenses, neither is really better than the other...they are both flat out great. Both seem to thrive off turnovers and are hard to score against when pushed to the brink. I believe I heard the stat in the game Saturday as UNI had only given up 13 points in the 2nd half all season (20 after saturday). So UNI really does well at making adjustments at the intermission. Montana is sound on D and can hit hard...from an eye test...nothing about them on Defense really sticks out as amazing though. They are fast, physical and dominate teams late. 'nuff said.

As for UNI's offense not being able to score. They have their moments yes, but it is a difference between playing conservative and aggressive. When they are aggressive I've heard them considered as the Oklahoma State offense of FCS. They make quick work of drives. Typically under 4-5 minutes, and apparently sometimes without taking a second off the clock (Sorry, had to Shelton!) (sidenote: yes I know it was a special teams score and not offense)....Their strengths lie with the QB and WRs. They feature a JR RB in Anderson who has been injured most the season but is probably if not already back to 100% and a RsFR RB Johnson who is the team leader in receptions and has been a great addition to the Cats. The QB, Rennie is deceptively fast and has improved his passing accuracy and strength over last season. At least this year he is overthrowing receivers on the deep ball as opposed to underthrowing like last year.

I noticed some people in confusion/amazement when they saw/heard our All American DT Ben Boothby line up as fullback in the redzone against Wofford. He played FB his first and i think 2nd year as a Panther before landing on the defensive side, so he knows that role well and with a young and inexperienced FB in our system currently, Boothby has done a great job. I'd expect to see the same in Montana if UNI gets into the 'go zone'.

I think for UNI this game comes down to how many yards can we get on 2nd down offensively (need 4-5 on any situation), and how we fare on 3rd downs. It seems our achilles heel has been giving up big plays on 3rd downs, especially 3rds and 6-9 yards. If those two things go in our favor, UNI has a real shot to do some damage.

I expect a great physical game and full of energy. May the best team on Friday win!

Jacked_Rabbit
December 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Wa-Griz is an extremely tough place to play, and I'd expect the environment to be extremely loud and hostile for UNI. That said, I think the Panthers pull out the win on the road and finish the Griz off (unlike SDSU two years ago) for the MVFC. I don't think this Griz team is as good as years past, and I think UNI is under rated. Two great FCS football programs in the best FCS football environment in th nation - should be an awesome game!

Go Panthers!

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM
UNI handles the noise in the Fargodome without many problems. I predict UNI winning by 2.

THE HERD
December 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
lmao.

They are quite similar in a lot of ways, but keep bashing the Panthers and how they can't at least play with "Montana U"

When comparing defenses, neither is really better than the other...they are both flat out great. Both seem to thrive off turnovers and are hard to score against when pushed to the brink. I believe I heard the stat in the game Saturday as UNI had only given up 13 points in the 2nd half all season (20 after saturday). So UNI really does well at making adjustments at the intermission. Montana is sound on D and can hit hard...from an eye test...nothing about them on Defense really sticks out as amazing though. They are fast, physical and dominate teams late. 'nuff said.

As for UNI's offense not being able to score. They have their moments yes, but it is a difference between playing conservative and aggressive. When they are aggressive I've heard them considered as the Oklahoma State offense of FCS. They make quick work of drives. Typically under 4-5 minutes, and apparently sometimes without taking a second off the clock (Sorry, had to Shelton!) (sidenote: yes I know it was a special teams score and not offense)....Their strengths lie with the QB and WRs. They feature a JR RB in Anderson who has been injured most the season but is probably if not already back to 100% and a RsFR RB Johnson who is the team leader in receptions and has been a great addition to the Cats. The QB, Rennie is deceptively fast and has improved his passing accuracy and strength over last season. At least this year he is overthrowing receivers on the deep ball as opposed to underthrowing like last year.

I noticed some people in confusion/amazement when they saw/heard our All American DT Ben Boothby line up as fullback in the redzone against Wofford. He played FB his first and i think 2nd year as a Panther before landing on the defensive side, so he knows that role well and with a young and inexperienced FB in our system currently, Boothby has done a great job. I'd expect to see the same in Montana if UNI gets into the 'go zone'.

I think for UNI this game comes down to how many yards can we get on 2nd down offensively (need 4-5 on any situation), and how we fare on 3rd downs. It seems our achilles heel has been giving up big plays on 3rd downs, especially 3rds and 6-9 yards. If those two things go in our favor, UNI has a real shot to do some damage.

I expect a great physical game and full of energy. May the best team on Friday win!

Having Anderson back at RB at a 100% should make a real difference for UNI. Our back McNorton finally got close to a 100% with the bye week and it really showed up against JMU to the tune of 150 yards and was back in 2010 form. Good luck to the Panthers.....do the MVFC proud!

THE HERD
December 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Wa-Griz is an extremely tough place to play, and I'd expect the environment to be extremely loud and hostile for UNI. That said, I think the Panthers pull out the win on the road and finish the Griz off (unlike SDSU two years ago) for the MVFC. I don't think this Griz team is as good as years past, and I think UNI is under rated. Two great FCS football programs in the best FCS football environment in th nation - should be an awesome game!

Go Panthers!

If UNI can stay away from the TO's and keep the Griz to about a 3.5 or less yards per carry I think they have a good chance.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Dear Montana Fans,

I'd really like ESPN Gameplan to carry the NDSU vs Lehigh game for all the folks that can't make the trip. Any chance you could set something ablaze this week?

Let me know,
Lehigh Guy

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Some love for the Purple UNI gang...

http://roflphoto.com/images/funnypictures/Where_Is_My_iPhone_.jpg

fencer24
December 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I don't think this Griz team is as good as years past, and I think UNI is under rated. Two great FCS football programs in the best FCS football environment in th nation - should be an awesome game!

Go Panthers!

Outside of Wofford - UNI, I haven't seen UNI at all, but I have watched this Griz team become even more impressive than any I have ever seen before. They are definitely better than the 04 team, the quarterback is better than the 01 team, and I think the Defense could edge the 01 team as well.

That being said, I think this one will be a good game, unless UNI falls behind early. In which case, the boot will be on their throat and the *** kicking will go into high gear. Just ask CAU.

LakesBison
December 5th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I hate da UNI PANSIES....but I hope they kick the griz ***

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM

Hope in one hand and **** in the other, lakes.xthumbsupx

Grizzlies82
December 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hey Griz fans this No. Iowa team is solid. They have a dangerous QB who we'll have to contain. Also they've won 10 games. However, they play in a weak conference so it's hard to say just how good the Panthers might be.

I expect it will be tight for the first half as we size them up then the Grizzlies roll these pretenders. Unfortunately that's when the real whining will begin about "If we'd had you in the dome...". It will be annoying but I'm willing to put up with it.

unigriff
December 6th, 2011, 06:16 AM
i'd say quite contrary Griz82...i'd say if people were to whine about location...we'd probably say, had it been at a neutral site, let the best team win. No doubt either place being played at is a homefield advantage for that team, no need for an excuse for that.

To be the best you gotta beat the best, and sometimes on the road! We're in the same boat we were in 2005. Home game (East. Wash) then on the road twice to make Chattanooga.

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM
If the game is close, UNI wins due to a Griz Turnover.
If the Griz get ahead by a couple scores, it's over.

Silenoz
December 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Rooting for teams you hate? Fail

Griz23
December 6th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Some tidbits from the NCAA official statistics site:

UNI (rank) MONTANA (rank)

Rushing Offense 169.25 (37) 215.17 (16)
Passing Offense 171.75 (92) 205.00 (58)
Total Offense 341.00 (73) 420.17 (21)

Rushing Defense 148.58 (58) 114.83 (16)
Passing Defense 114.04 (24) 111.02 (18)
Total Defense 343.25 (36) 318.92 (21)

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Internet/ranking_summary/DIVISIONC.HTML

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
These numbers don't add up. 114+111 is not 318

Griz23
December 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM
maybe the NCAA uses funny math...I don't know but there are plenty of numbers to look at if you go to the web site...and as far as I know they are official....

mvemjsunpx
December 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM
maybe the NCAA uses funny math...I don't know but there are plenty of numbers to look at if you go to the web site...and as far as I know they are official....

You posted the passing efficiency D, not the passing yardage D.

The Griz are allowing 204.08 ypg through the air while UNI allows 194.67.

fencer24
December 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
http://us.mg.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f27625%5fANTTi2IAAKEuTt5sKQFQ3FCQN Ho&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Grizalltheway
December 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM
http://us.mg.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f27625%5fANTTi2IAAKEuTt5sKQFQ3FCQN Ho&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Some tidbits from the NCAA official statistics site:

UNI (rank) MONTANA (rank)

Rushing Offense 169.25 (37) 215.17 (16)
Passing Offense 171.75 (92) 205.00 (58)
Total Offense 341.00 (73) 420.17 (21)

Rushing Defense 148.58 (58) 114.83 (16)
Passing Defense 114.04 (24) 111.02 (18)
Total Defense 343.25 (36) 318.92 (21)

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Internet/ranking_summary/DIVISIONC.HTML

Scoring Defense 4 16.58

HenZoneNation
December 7th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I know people slam Farely a lot as a head coach but the second half adjustments UNI made on offense and defense was what won the game. They allowed Reinne to start making plays with his feet and Wofford really struggled to contain him. It opened their offense and was a very smart move. On the defensive side of the ball, Breitenstein was a beast in the first half and really struggled in the second half. There offense struggled because of it. Wofford comitted some really dumb penalties and showed how one dimensiional they really were. Not blaming that on their coach because he wasn't out on the field, but clearly Farely had his number.

This is going to be a very good game between two FCS heavy weights. The team that plays the smartest wins. Can't wait.

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I know people slam Farely a lot as a head coach but the second half adjustments UNI made on offense and defense was what won the game. They allowed Reinne to start making plays with his feet and Wofford really struggled to contain him. It opened their offense and was a very smart move. On the defensive side of the ball, Breitenstein was a beast in the first half and really struggled in the second half. There offense struggled because of it. Wofford comitted some really dumb penalties and showed how one dimensiional they really were. Not blaming that on their coach because he wasn't out on the field, but clearly Farely had his number.

This is going to be a very good game between two FCS heavy weights. The team that plays the smartest wins. Can't wait.

Farley and staff have done a great job all season making adjustments at half. It would be nice, however, if just one game we played an entire game of football. If he didn't have to make so many adjustments at half.

I think this game comes down to mistakes. Which ever team makes more mistakes (whether it be turnovers or penalties) will lose. We have had a propensity to making big penalties that cost us big. It really worries me that in our last two games we have been outgained by a large margin in both games. I guess it speaks to the character of our team, and the ability of our defense to force turnovers that we have won both games. If we can keep Montana in 3rd and long, and keep ourselves out of it we will have lots of success.

Should be a tough hard fought game between two great teams. Historically, however, we have not played well in Wa-Griz. Can't wait till Friday!! GO PANTHERS!

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM
According to the Sagarin ratings, the MVFC is tougher than the BSC :)

Rating CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%
14 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)= 58.40 58.49 ( 13) 9 58.42 ( 13)
16 BIG SKY (AA)= 55.33 54.71 ( 16) 9 54.97 ( 16)

Hey Griz fans this No. Iowa team is solid. ... However, they play in a weak conference so it's hard to say just how good the Panthers might be.

Griz23
December 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
You posted the passing efficiency D, not the passing yardage D.

The Griz are allowing 204.08 ypg through the air while UNI allows 194.67.

right you are...just wanted to point out that there are all kinds of numbers to muddle through, ponder over and discuss/argue about...all in the fun of it...

KNUTS
December 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM
According to the Sagarin ratings, the MVFC is tougher than the BSC :)

Rating CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%
14 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)= 58.40 58.49 ( 13) 9 58.42 ( 13)
16 BIG SKY (AA)= 55.33 54.71 ( 16) 9 54.97 ( 16)

Maybe that just means there are more simple average teams in the MVFC...

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM
The line for this game has been released, and I'm rather surprised.

Montana (pk) with the Total at 41.5.

I thought the Griz would be favored by 4-6 in this one... So, on a neutral field, the experts are basically saying UNI would be favored by 3 or so. Respect for the MVFC, I guess!

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
The line for this game has been released, and I'm rather surprised.

Montana (pk) with the Total at 41.5.

I thought the Griz would be favored by 4-6 in this one... So, on a neutral field, the experts are basically saying UNI would be favored by 3 or so. Respect for the MVFC, I guess!

Either that, or the 'experts' are basing that solely on where the teams are ranked in the polls. xcoffeex

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
In this round there shouldn't be any blow-outs...
A team picked by 4+ or more is a significant spread at this stage

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
In this round there shouldn't be any blow-outs...
A team picked by 4+ or more is a significant spread at this stage

If that's the case, the other 3 games have extremly significant spreads, as they are all at 7 or more!

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Either that, or the 'experts' are basing that solely on where the teams are ranked in the polls. xcoffeex

With the amount of money wagered on these games, the is no doubt these 'experts' are doing their research... The people setting these lines aren't the same folks that vote in the FCS Coaches poll each week! xlolx

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
With the amount of money wagered on these games, the is no doubt these 'experts' are doing their research... The people setting these lines aren't the same folks that vote in the FCS Coaches poll each week! xlolx

True but the spreads early in the week are established to "Influence" betters, not to reflect the actual score...
So you see the spread on Tuesday and Wednesday is used to motivate betting activity
The spread on Friday will reflect the actual game itself

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I would expect by game time the line will move to around Montana at -4. I think they will get a lot of action on Montana early. The lines of the other games I would assume would move closer to around a -4 as well. Just a hunch really.

Also Jacked where do you get your lines from? Bodog does not have theirs up yet.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I would expect by game time the line will move to around Montana at -4. I think they will get a lot of action on Montana early. The lines of the other games I would assume would move closer to around a -4 as well. Just a hunch really.

Also Jacked where do you get your lines from? Bodog does not have theirs up yet.

5dimes.com.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 11:05 AM
True but the spreads early in the week are established to "Influence" betters, not to reflect the actual score...
So you see the spread on Tuesday and Wednesday is used to motivate betting activity
The spread on Friday will reflect the actual game itself

Exactly, which is why it is all the more important to jump on a line early if you think it is going to move signifcantly away from your side. That said, the GA SO line is already on the move, from GA SO -7 to GA SO -7.5. Likewise, Montana is already favored by 1 (from a PK). That Montana line is going to move in hurry - prob Griz (-3) by the end of the day.

Osiris
December 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Fargodome is a SLIGHTLY different environment than WA-Griz.....

EmeraldCityBison
December 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
What is the all-time record between UNI and UM?

Looking forward to this one...

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
These spreads are 100% based on a mathematical model and they have zero insight into injuries, history, etc. The lines move with every $100 bet, which is the current max. They are very touchy with these lines because they know their own knowledge in setting them is limited to math.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
What is the all-time record between UNI and UM?

Looking forward to this one...

Montana owns us. 4-0 or 5-0, with all but one game being played in Missoula

Willie
December 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Fargodome is a SLIGHTLY different environment than WA-Griz.....

Yeah, Wa-Griz is far better. I lived in Fargo for 4 years and played in the FD twice. It doesn't even compare. Period.

GrizRick
December 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM
First half stats from UNI's game on 11/19 vs Illinois State:

UNI / ISU
Total Yards: 18 / 196
Rushing: -8 / 73
Passing: 26 / 123
TOP: 5:28 / 24:32
3rd Downs: 0/3 / 5/9
Turnovers: 0 / 0

First Quarter, UNI's total offense was 1 yard. At the time, UNI was ranked #4 and ISU #14. UNI had to go to double overtime to beat ISU, and were very fortunate to come away with a win. That was their last game prior to Wofford.

Then, they got outplayed by Wofford in every category but the score.

UNI is stumbling at the end of the season. We just have to wait a couple days to see how good they are.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Montana 35
North Iowa 21

and it wont even be that close

Chi Panther
December 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
First half stats from UNI's game on 11/19 vs Illinois State:

UNI / ISU
Total Yards: 18 / 196
Rushing: -8 / 73
Passing: 26 / 123
TOP: 5:28 / 24:32
3rd Downs: 0/3 / 5/9
Turnovers: 0 / 0

First Quarter, UNI's total offense was 1 yard. At the time, UNI was ranked #4 and ISU #14. UNI had to go to double overtime to beat ISU, and were very fortunate to come away with a win. That was their last game prior to Wofford.

Then, they got outplayed by Wofford in every category but the score.

UNI is stumbling at the end of the season. We just have to wait a couple days to see how good they are.

Whats more important is Ill State had 13 points end of regulation, and Wofford only had 14 points with 2:01 left in game.

UNI also tried the stupid oregon sign play calling at Ill State (hadn't tried all year xrolleyesx). They didn't do it in the 2nd half.

UNI's defense we be as advertised. It will come down to Rennie's health and can he hit wide open WRs.....

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I will also state that we should have beaten ISU in regulation had it not been for an awful call. Herring was clearly inbounds with a TD catch, but they called him out and we settled for the FG to tie the game.

It is worrying how we have played the last two games. I just hope the Montana football team takes us as lightly as the Montana fans are. Friday can't get here soon enough!

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I will also state that we should have beaten ISU in regulation had it not been for an awful call. Herring was clearly inbounds with a TD catch, but they called him out and we settled for the FG to tie the game.

It is worrying how we have played the last two games. I just hope the Montana football team takes us as lightly as the Montana fans are. Friday can't get here soon enough!

Underdogs always seem to say this, but I don't think it actually happens, at least not in the playoffs. In any event, rest assured, I'll be on here to eat my crow if UNI does take it to us. xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Underdogs always seem to say this, but I don't think it actually happens, at least not in the playoffs. In any event, rest assured, I'll be on here to eat my crow if UNI does take it to us. xthumbsupx

Oh I have a feeling they won't take us lightly. It just seems Montana fans have been very dismissive. Stating how we get out played, and taken to double OT by Illinois State. The thing is we only have 2 losses this year. It is hard for me to believe it is going to be the walk over everyone here is predicting. Of course I could be way off. Rest assured I will be here either way. Winning or losing with grace. No excuses for this guy.

Squealofthepig
December 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Oh I have a feeling they won't take us lightly. It just seems Montana fans have been very dismissive. Stating how we get out played, and taken to double OT by Illinois State. The thing is we only have 2 losses this year. It is hard for me to believe it is going to be the walk over everyone here is predicting. Of course I could be way off. Rest assured I will be here either way. Winning or losing with grace. No excuses for this guy.

Who is predicting a walkover? It's the playoffs, and I fully expect UNI to show up. ISUr should have been in the playoffs (I've said that since the regular season ended), and I expect a good game from UNI. Hell, if it was a foregone conclusion who would win, why even have the playoffs?

KNUTS
December 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Who is predicting a walkover? It's the playoffs, and I fully expect UNI to show up. ISUr should have been in the playoffs (I've said that since the regular season ended), and I expect a good game from UNI. Hell, if it was a foregone conclusion who would win, why even have the playoffs?

Me

veinup
December 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
i certainly am not. i predict a montana victory, but not a very lopsided one. and i also promise that if we lose i'll be in here, not run away like a bobcat fan. :P

Grizcountry420
December 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Montana wins by at least 3 scores!

Walkon79
December 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM
i certainly am not. i predict a montana victory, but not a very lopsided one. and i also promise that if we lose i'll be in here, not run away like a bobcat fan. :P

Who's runnin, N--bn-ts? Most of us Bobcats have better things to do. We call them JOBS!

THE HERD
December 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Griz fans don't realize how good Illinois St is....they really got shafted being left out of the playoffs. I believe the Redbirds would have made some noise in the playoffs. They are a way better team than JMU was I can tell ya that much. I saw both teams in person and its not even close.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Griz fans don't realize how good Illinois St is...

This is entirely, 100% in your mind. I've yet to see a Griz poster disparage the Redbirds, and on this very page, before your post, I make it clear that I too thought ISUr got screwed. Ah, well, keep your confirmation bias, good sir!

HLNgriz
December 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sooo 8 points? two field goals and a safty
?

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Who's runnin, N--bn-ts? Most of us Bobcats have better things to do. We call them JOBS!

You sure as hell had time to run your mouths before the game.xrolleyesx

srgrizizen
December 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I hate bold predictions. Even if your team wins, you look like an arrogant jerk. And you deserve the heaping plate of crow if they don't. Based on everything I can read, I don't see a lot of separation between these teams. I don't think either team is going to win it just on superior talent or by a blowout. It's just whoever plays best and avoids turnovers. BTW, it's going to be several degrees warmer in Missoula than in Iowa during the game. (But louder, too) :)

tanagriz
December 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
This is entirely, 100% in your mind. I've yet to see a Griz poster disparage the Redbirds, and on this very page, before your post, I make it clear that I too thought ISUr got screwed. Ah, well, keep your confirmation bias, good sir!

I've said all year that the Redbirds are better than people have given them credit for...although most of those conversations were just between Squeal and I, since I haven't posted much since having my son. It probably helps that my parents are both ISUr alumns and I have watched several games this year. The Illinois divisionals may not have done much this year, but I rarely count them out. Montana fans should definitely remember '98 and the beat down we took at Western Illinois. I was at that game and it was painful.

I think Griz fans talk a lot, but in general, we don't count anyone down and out until the last seconds tick off the clock. There's been too many close wins for us - including our first national championship against Marshall.

UNI Pike
December 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
least productive work week in a very long time.

Grizcountry420
December 8th, 2011, 03:34 PM

+1

KNUTS
December 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I hate bold predictions. Even if your team wins, you look like an arrogant jerk. And you deserve the heaping plate of crow if they don't. Based on everything I can read, I don't see a lot of separation between these teams. I don't think either team is going to win it just on superior talent or by a blowout. It's just whoever plays best and avoids turnovers. BTW, it's going to be several degrees warmer in Missoula than in Iowa during the game. (But louder, too) :)

You could say the same thing about the end of the world predictors... Just think how arrogant theyd be if it actually happened! I for one will just smile shake your hand and say I told you so, or I'll say wtf do I know. Based on the outcome.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM

I am supposed to be in some safety training all day tomorrow. I can guarantee I will not be focusing on training, and thinking about this game all day long! GO PANTHERS!

veinup
December 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM

i was referring to the complete absence of bobcat fans in the maul of the wild thread, once the game had been played.

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I am supposed to be in some safety training all day tomorrow. I can guarantee I will not be focusing on training, and thinking about this game all day long! GO PANTHERS!

It's a good time to be unemployed.

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2011, 10:11 PM
It's a good time to be unemployed.

I was up until Thanksgiving week...

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I was up until Thanksgiving week...

Poor bastige. I get to enjoy the playoffs in their full glory without fear of reprisal from The Man. Sleeping in until 10 am gets really old.

Congrats on the employment. The time off has been very good for me, but need to get my arse in gear and get a job after Christmas.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
GD it, 6 PM cannot get here fast enough.xpissedx

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Amen to that. Also thanks for posting on something football related and not about any social media event!!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 10:01 AM
damn, i woke up early. what to do until game time!?!?

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
damn, i woke up early. what to do until game time!?!?

I feel like there is a common activity that many Griz fans will be doing straight up until game time...xnodx

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
This is going to be a great game. I can't wait to watch!!

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I feel like there is a common activity that many Griz fans will be doing straight up until game time...xnodx

yeahhh i can dig it. sadly, i'm out in seattle without any real fellow griz fans. i've got a lil lunch date in a few hours, will probably start drinking after that. hope i can find some griz kids at my local sports bar.

SeattleGriz
December 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
yeahhh i can dig it. sadly, i'm out in seattle without any real fellow griz fans. i've got a lil lunch date in a few hours, will probably start drinking after that. hope i can find some griz kids at my local sports bar.

Will have to go out for a drink sometime soon veinup, I live out in Bothell. I know some other guy named Cleets who lives in the area as well.

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I didn't check too hard, but hadn't seen this posted yet. Gave me chills.

http://dailydickpunch.com/2011/12/08/friday-night-lights-college-playoffs-return-to-montana/

It shines in the distance, a beacon of all that’s right with football, nestled between a sleepy beer-first-college-second town and a mountain. And right now, it’s quiet; the relatively new SprinTurf field untouched by cleats. It sits and waits for its cameo, as the lights trucked in by ESPN for the event blaze through the night.

Washington-Grizzly Stadium sits next to a canyon called “Hell Gate,” so named for the ambushes carried out by hoards of Native Americans as white settlers made their way across the Rockies to begin new lives on the Pacific coast. Much blood was spilled in this very spot. Naturally, the powers that be saw fit to add a University to the equation, and in 1986, a football stadium.

Since then, it’s grown into one of the premiere football venues in the nation, the Taj Mahal of I-AA Football, now known as the Football Championship Subdivision, or FCS. Originally, seating was for 12,000, plus end zone grass seating, but the stadium has been expanded numerous times. In 1995, permanent seats were added to the end zone areas, bringing capacity to around 19,000. Corner seating was added in 2003, and a grandstand was added in 2008, complete with a club level and atrium that brought the stadium’s capacity to over 26,000.

It’s big. It’s loud. The seating areas are so close to the field, opposing teams have a hard time hearing, breathing, seeing straight. For most of the kids who come in, this stadium is so much bigger than their home field, it can boggle the mind.

Last week, Montana drubbed upstart Central Arkansas 41-14, in a game almost nobody outside the stadium saw, thanks to ESPN’s contractual stranglehold on the FCS Playoffs. “This is one of the Mt. Rushmore college venues in the country,” Central Arkansas coach Clint Conque said. “You can’t spot a team three turnovers and 17 points like that. We really dug ourselves a hole.”

Friday night’s matchup with Northern Iowa (ESPN, 8pm ET) figures to be a bit more even; the Panthers have already knocked off several ranked teams on their way to and through the playoffs, but they’re catching Montana at a bad time, with the Grizzlies having won their last 8 games, all but one by double digits. Playing at home, in the playoffs, the Griz are almost untouchable. And after Montana missed the playoffs last year, for the first time in 19 years, Griz fans and players alike are hungry to turn a page and get back to National Championship-level play.

If the Penn State scandal, or the University of Miami scandal, or the USC scandal have you down on college football, look no further than ESPN on Friday night. See the game played the right way, by kids who are just looking for a full ride scholarship and a chance to win some football games. See games that matter in December. See a champion crowned on the field because of what they accomplished there, not due to some pandering in a conference room in a tower in the sky. See kids that really care about their University, playing for pride and a shot at the championship, because here every game really does matter.

Watch and see what real championship football looks like (hint: it’s not settled by guys in suits and ties). Watch and see how much better it is on the good side.

Then join the growing chorus of voices, screaming for the death of the BCS and the rise of a playoff system in major college football.

Oh, and as for this game, make mine Montana 31, UNI 20.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Will have to go out for a drink sometime soon veinup, I live out in Bothell. I know some other guy named Cleets who lives in the area as well.

I'll meet you rotten bastards anywhere you want today...

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 10:34 AM

definitely. hopefully for a griz football game! i've got a few missoula bros out here, but they don't care about football. losers, i know.

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 10:34 AM
i'll be @ autobattery on cap. hill.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Man..can't wait for the game...i'm skipping out on the business christmas party and sure tail for this game!!! Don't let me down Panthers and Griz!

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Man..can't wait for the game...i'm skipping out on the business christmas party and sure tail for this game!!! Don't let me down Panthers and Griz!

we won't. ;)

Walkon79
December 9th, 2011, 12:47 PM
i was referring to the complete absence of bobcat fans in the maul of the wild thread, once the game had been played.

There aren't very many of us on here to begin with.

I'm too lazy to go back, but my guess is that it was very similar, but in reverse back on November 21, 2010. Point is most fans lay low after a tough loss, and you calling out all Bobcat fans virtually every chance you get just rubs me the wrong way.

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
i apologize for any chafing i may cause you.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
There aren't very many of us on here to begin with.

I'm too lazy to go back, but my guess is that it was very similar, but in reverse back on November 21, 2010. Point is most fans lay low after a tough loss, and you calling out all Bobcat fans virtually every chance you get just rubs me the wrong way.

Laying low is one thing, not even checking in to get your helping of crow is another. xcoffeex

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
T - 5 hours till kickoff!!!! I'm pumped!!!!!

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Curious as to how many UNI fans made the trip for this game. Tough place to play and I wish UNI the best. Will be watching this one for sure tonight. God I love college football!

UNHFan
December 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I still have nightmares because of UNI... so Ill be rooting for Montana. I know Montana beat us but is was an *** wooping so I am over it! (Laughing)

EastCoastGriz1
December 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Curious as to how many UNI fans made the trip for this game. Tough place to play and I wish UNI the best. Will be watching this one for sure tonight. God I love college football! They returned 400 of the 500 tickets alloted to them.

UNIFanSince1983
December 9th, 2011, 03:24 PM
They returned 400 of the 500 tickets alloted to them.

Well we only had 7000 people at our home game last weekend so 100 tickets in Missoula isn't that bad...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Embarrassing.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Well we only had 7000 people at our home game last weekend so 100 tickets in Missoula isn't that bad...

Well you more than doubled the amount of JMU fans in the Fargodome...Plus a Friday game with not even a week's notice is hard to schedule around.

grizpsych

You have a good point.

Sent from my Mom's Basement using Smoke Signals

Twentysix
Well you more than doubled the amount of JMU fans in the Fargodome...

Must be a purple thing.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Well you more than doubled the amount of JMU fans in the Fargodome...Plus a Friday game with not even a week's notice is hard to schedule around.

Agree, and Iowa to Missoula definitely isn't a cheap flight.

Griz4ever
December 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Its game day *****es...On my way right now to tailgate ..Go GRiz..I really feel whoever wins this game will be in the chipper...xsmileyclapx

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Laying low is one thing, not even checking in to get your helping of crow is another. xcoffeex

I don't feel like going thru the thread, but I was here, as was other Bobcat fans, to give the Griz their props after the Maul of the Mild and eat their crow, if necessary. Luckily I wasn't outlandish in my predictions, so my helping of crow was relatively small.

Good luck tonight Griz! Do MT proud.

veinup
December 9th, 2011, 04:33 PM
alright, boys. i'm off to da bar. here we go. up with montana.

and MSUBobcat, i wasn't trying to pick on you in particular, i can't give you any more rep points than i already have at this time, apparently. you're a classy fella.

MSUBobcat
December 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
alright, boys. i'm off to da bar. here we go. up with montana.

and MSUBobcat, i wasn't trying to pick on you in particular, i can't give you any more rep points than i already have at this time, apparently. you're a classy fella.

I take that as a great compliment coming from a fan of an arch rival, thank you. xnodx I know you weren't calling me out in particular but I think a fair number of (the small contingent on here) Bobcat fans ate their crow. Some making predictions of blowouts... probably not. Unless we win Brawl II, then look for fans to come out of the woodwork. xrolleyesx

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
LETS GO UNI!

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

underdawg
December 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Go Panthers and Bison. Looks like UNI has the hardest task--at least that's what they say all over E-Grizxcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Rootin for a fellow Valley team.

GO UNI

MTBison
December 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Good luck UNI!!!!!! Win another for the MVFC!!!!!

Griz23
December 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
OK Griz, lets take 'em to the woodshed and give 'em a good 'ole country whoopin......GO GRIZ

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Go Panthers and Bison. Looks like UNI has the hardest task--at least that's what they say all over E-Grizxcoffeex

Actually it's what they say here too. Of over 70 of the 8 team brackets so far, the least amount of people picked UNI to win their first round game. It's a very surprising fact, but it's a true fact.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
This is the most excited I've been for an FCS game not including my team in a long time. Go Panthers!

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I respect the Griz and genuinely dislike the Panthers but I have to root for my conference. especially since the CAA got toi many teams once again and Illinois State got screwed.

so sadly enough i must say... GO PANSIES!

Bearwitness
December 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I can't forget what the Panthers did to the Black Bears in the 2001 and 2008 playoffs. Not looking for revenge this year...just want them out. Go Montana!

GoBlue06
December 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I respect the Griz and genuinely dislike the Panthers but I have to root for my conference. especially since the CAA got toi many teams once again and Illinois State got screwed.

so sadly enough i must say... GO PANSIES!

CAA hater lol....GO MONTANA

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Finally... a real game to watch instead of suspension non-sense.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Just select the "watch" link in the game column

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=12-09-11-5:00-PM

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The game looks like its only on espn atm not on espn3.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yes ESPN

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
LETS DO THIS!!!! GAMETIME!!!!

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
SoCon refs...(inside, my head tells me they will be pissed Wofford lost...revenge against the Panthers..). My heart says UNI can play above it!

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:06 PM
UNI will start at the 28.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Caleb McSurley hits Rennie on the first play for a loss.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
2nd and 14 and Anderson gets one yard.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Rennie scrambles for nine and its fourth down.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
No yards for Nguyen on first down.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Kemp Wildcats it to third and two.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Fumble on third down by Kemp and James Connelly appeared to recover, but the ball goes back to Montana for a punt.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
That looked like a lateral...

unigriff
Fumble Montana...punts it away

UNI ball great field position!

Mr. C
Montana dodged a bullet there.

MTfan4life
Already a mistake by the D-league analysts! Haha, maybe watch the refs to see who has the ball.
If you watched the replay, the UNI clearly missed the ball and it went right back into the Montana back's hands. It was a fumble.

BisonBohl
crowd looks good, well done Griz!

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Its gonna take UNI a couple possessions to get used to the noise...they played at Iowa State with a full crowd all game..and it took them a few possessions to get accustomed...the longer Montana keeps UNI it..the better for the Panthers.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
UNI has good field position at the 44. First down pass from Rennie.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:15 PM
And thats good enough for a panther FIRST DOWN!!!

Mr. C
UNI at the 43 of Montana and Rennie goes for six, breaking a tackle.

unigriff
UNI down to the Montana 37

kdinva
Already a mistake by the D-league analysts! Haha, maybe watch the refs to see who has the ball.
If you watched the replay, the UNI clearly missed the ball and it went right back into the Montana back's hands. It was a fumble.

That is what I saw, also.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
First down UNI!!!!

Rennie rush

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
It looked like UNI moved early, Rennie runs for a first down.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
UNI at the 27 and a pass near a first down is broken up. Good play on the slant by Trumaine Johnson. ESPN wanted a pass interference call.

Mr. C
Jared Herring for a 27-yard TD pass from Rennie.

unigriff
TOUCHDOWN UNI!!!!! Rennie to Herring!

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Montana got caught with too much of a blitz and Rennie read it well.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
7-0 UNI 9:22 left 1st Q

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Rennie looked good on that drive. I'd be interested in Montana fans' comparison between him and McGhee from Montana State.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
UNI looking good on offense right now.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM
It is early but UNI looks ready to play tonight

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Johnson used his feet to buy time and scrambled for a first down. Nice play.

LehighU11
Go UNI!

unigriff
Panthers can't give up those 3rd down plays...

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Boothby jumped offsides, got back and Johnson audibled to a nice running play for another first down.

GSU Eagle
This one may be a high scoring affair.

Mr. C
Dropped pass by the TE Greg Hardy.

mainejeff
December 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Is it just me or does Montana look slow?

GSU Eagle
I think this one will be a good game. UNI is hanging in there.

Mr. C
3rd and 11 for the Griz.

NoDak 4 Ever
Is it just me or does Montana look slow?

I was thinking that exact same thing. God, the camera work for this game is awful

mainejeff
Nice camera work, ESPukeN.............

unigriff
great D by UNI!!!!! forcing the Montana punt...

Mr. C
Lousy camera work on that incomplete third down pass.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
ESPN needs to get the cameras synched up. We are missing parts of the action with poor camera coverage.

unigriff
LETS GO PANTHERS!!!!

Mr. C
Montana had a chance to score on that drive. First missed opportunity of the night.

unigriff
its cuz its soooooo LOUD at WaGriz...they can't handle it!!!

mainejeff
December 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Not impressed with the Griz so far........they look like a middling CAA team.

unigriff
Montana had a chance to score on that drive. First missed opportunity of the night.

actually that is their 2nd...fumble that led to punt was 1st.

Mr. C
Mr. C is watching from a Sports Bar in Savannah called Coaches. I'm heading up to Statesboro for the Georgia Southern-Maine game on Saturday.

unigriff
only bright side is Montana put field position in their hand. (UNI at own 7.)

BisonBohl

but the CAA is so awesome....GO MVFC

NoDak 4 Ever

Opening drive I thought it was going to be a long game for the Panthers, now completely opposite.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
UNI D came to play it looks like tho...getting a lot of pressure on Johnson

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
actually that is their 2nd...fumble that led to punt was 1st.

I meant first missed SCORING chance. Montana didn't do much on the first drive.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
UNI looks faster than Montana

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Announcers just said Ryan Spadola was Lehigh's "best player." I guess they don't know about Chris Lum at QB.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Caleb McSorley is looking good for the Griz at LB. 3rd and 3.

NoDak 4 Ever
Can anybody tell if crowd noise is a factor? It seems a little loud there but not really super loud.

Mr. C
Near interception on a pass behind the WR. Not impressed that much with Rennie's passing.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
UNI I think can move the ball on Montana from what I am seeing.

catbob
Don't out-kick your coverage with Sambrano back there...

NoDak 4 Ever
UNI punter has a good leg, outkicked the coverage a little there.

unigriff
good return by Sambrano...to the UNI 39. lets go D

Mr. C
I love Jabin Sambrano in big games. Nice punt return into UNI territory.

mainejeff
December 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
UNI I think can move the ball on Montana from what I am seeing.

Agreed.

Mr. C
Can anybody tell if crowd noise is a factor? It seems a little loud there but not really super loud.

You obviously haven't seen a game in person at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

Mr. C
Bad decision by Johnson on the illegal pass.

mainejeff
I'm calling it now......UNI by 17.

NoDak 4 Ever
Why can't he see the big black line on the field:D:D:D:D:D

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Montana looks a little nervous at the start tonight.

GSU Eagle
UNI so far is playing well. They have avoided the Griz steamroller that hits many teams in the first quarter at Wash-Griz Stadium.

NoDak 4 Ever
You obviously haven't seen a game in person at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

I have barely driven across Western North Dakota without committing suicide, I doubt I would make it much past the border.

unigriff
December 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM
since when is there REVIEW in the FCS in the Quarters...i know semis and final has it...but..qtrs?

Mr. C
I'm calling it now......UNI by 17.
UNI will be glad to escape with a win by one.

mainejeff
This production quality of this game is really lacking.........

Mr. C
since when is there REVIEW in the FCS in the Quarters...i know semis and final has it...but..qtrs?

The games are being televised at all four sites.

mainejeff
December 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
UNI will be glad to escape with a win by one.

Nah......this one is in the bag.

Mr. C
This production quality of this game is really lacking.........

Agreed, especially with the announcers.

GSU Eagle
What?

mainejeff
What?

LOL.......is this Pop Warner?

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
these guys dont call the Frisco game do they?

catbob
He was over...

GSU Eagle
After watching a quarter I could definitely see UNI winning this one.

unigriff
another big 3rd down for UNI

mainejeff
He was over...

Yup.

mainejeff
December 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Good 1st down for the Griz there....

Mr. C
I have barely driven across Western North Dakota without committing suicide, I doubt I would make it much past the border.

Does the border patrol let you go from North Dakota to Montana, or do you need a passport?

unigriff
BS review call all i gotta say.

GSU Eagle
To win I think UNI probably will need at least 24 points.

Appalachian
December 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Montana's stadium looks awesome tonight. Was there in '00 & '09, one of the loudest stadiums I have been to. Unfortunate to have SOCON crew officiating, they're usually terrible

Mr. C
Good 1st down for the Griz there....

Fort didn't impress on that one, getting dragged for a first down by Canada (the RB, not the country).

MTfan4life
Yup.

The rule is his entire body including the ball has to be over the line. This happened in an NFL game last weekend and it appeared to be over, but he wasn't fully over, so they ruled him to be ok.

BisonBohl
Boothby is a beast....

unigriff
another 3rd down for UNI to stop...god please just once.

Mr. C
Montana's stadium looks awesome tonight. Was there in '00 & '09, one of the loudest stadiums I have been to. Unfortunate to have SOCON crew officiating, they're usually terrible

Montana is used to bad officiating from the Big Sky officials.

BisonBohl
Nice run....

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Great run by Jordan Johnson to the two.

unigriff
never fails....we just need to get turnovers on 2nd down..we flippin suck on 3rd

GSU Eagle
Oh my-- If SoCon officials are doing this game count on blown calls.

Mr. C
Canada is stuffed on first and goal.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
UNI's interior defense is playing very well

catbob
Another big 3rd down...!

Mr. C
Canada is stopped again on second down.