PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off!

andy7171
December 3rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Completely out coached. Lehigh pwned our defense. O-line dominated, OC's game plan was a work of art. NO CLUE why T-West played only a handful of downs. My QB, who is an assistant AD, asked the trainers what was the deal, they told him he was 100%.

BY FAR, this was the best team we've played, at least as far as our defense is concerned.

I blame myself, I moved from our seats to the field house in the last 8 minutes. Onsides kick, F'ING SAFTEY! Game over.

We were completely beaten.

Lehigh, you guys won this game outright. Hat's off. :notworthy:

It was a great season, one to be remembered for a long time. I can no longer say I played on the best Towson(state) team, proudly.

Beat NDSU.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks Andy. This game turned out to be a true playoff game. It could have gone either way. You've got a great program there.

UIWWildthing
December 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Completely out coached. Lehigh pwned our defense. O-line dominated, OC's game plan was a work of art. NO CLUE why T-West played only a handful of downs. My QB, who is an assistant AD, asked the trainers what was the deal, they told him he was 100%.

BY FAR, this was the best team we've played, at least as far as our defense is concerned.

I blame myself, I moved from our seats to the field house in the last 8 minutes. Onsides kick, F'ING SAFTEY! Game over.

We were completely beaten.

Lehigh, you guys won this game outright. Hat's off. :notworthy:

It was a great season, one to be remembered for a long time. I can no longer say I played on the best Towson(state) team, proudly.

Beat NDSU.

I second this. Lehigh, my hats off to you too. We'll be back next year, a little more experience, a little more fire and who knows?

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks Andy. This game turned out to be a true playoff game. It could have gone either way. You've got a great program there.

Probably the best game I watched all season. Towson will be an unbelievable force next season.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Probably the best game I watched all season. Towson will be an unbelievable force next season.

Agreed, and they still have West for three more years.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM

Agree with that, a young team on the rise

The Historian
December 3rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
I had a hard time understanding why West did not carry the ball more. He had fewer carries than Fitz.

Neighbor2
December 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Historian,

Have to agree. West reminds me of Alabama's Trent Richardson. He's a real load. I don't understand why he didn't get the bulk of the carries. A bull like that should have been run into the ground. He can take it. Towson is a strong team. Their quarterback is better than I expected.

Obviously, Lehigh is solid in several areas this year. They DO belong. ND State will get a good game next weekend.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
Obviously, Lehigh is solid in several areas this year. They DO belong. ND State will get a good game next weekend.

Next week's games are the real deal... for sure
I don't see any breaks for anybody

The Historian
December 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
According to the Baltimore Sun, West is in the coach's doghouse. He had not practiced well since the end of the regular season.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
According to the Baltimore Sun, West is in the coach's doghouse. He had not practiced well since the end of the regular season.

I wonder how West feels about his coach's decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
I've said this elsewhere, but again, kudos to Towson for winning three times the number of games this year as it had in the previous two, combined (9 wins, vs. 2 and 1). That's just one helluva turnaround!

ngineer
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I just got home from the game..and am wasted, emotionally and physically! A great atmosphere. They put the Lehigh section right next to the Towson band, and I thought that might make for a bad situation. About 1/3 of Lehigh's band came as a stand band and was also right next to them. But everyone got along great..we all cheered to each others songs, just used our own words!

As for the game. We, too, were surprised with the limited use of West, but seeing the above post, it makes sense. TSU's run game is very good, and it got better when our OLB Boyko went out with a separated shoulder...that's when the Tigers started pounding those off tackle sweeps. I thought our interior DL did a good job and had decent pressure at times. DB's made two obvious mistakes that went for huge gainers, by biting on fakes. Still, it was the defense that came up with the game winning play with the blitz by Bianchi when Enders bootlegged into a safety.

To me the game was like a huge heavyweight boxing match, or a great tennis match--who was going break serve first and get the upper hand. We did in the first half, and Towson in the second as we were constantly catching up. Then, with the "on sides kick" (not sure if it was intentional or not) I thought that was the game changer. ONLY for Towson to stop us and make us punt, which Divers did beautifully by having it downed at the 5 yard line, which then set up the safety.

Cecchini's play calling was great. The flea-flicker was a great call, only to have our second QB drop the pass. He could have walked home. Lum made good decisions and really spread the ball around. Our Special Teams had their best game of the year. KO coverage and scheme worked well, All PATs and FGs made, a punt inside the 5 yard line. Lehigh showed a lot of resilience. after getting up and getting caught and then to have Towson take advantage of our one TO at the beginning of the second half would have made some other teams panic when falling behind. But they didn't and pinball machine game kicked it up a notch.

Towson people were very nice. I'm aware of no incidents. A very nice stadium (although the constant 'noise' from the sound system, to me, takes away from the atmosphere--I'd rather hear the bands), even though it has a track (;-). Towson had a great season, and with their youth, they should be around for some time. Now I have to see if I can work my schedule at work and home to get to Fargo..may be difficult, but I know we should have a small, but boisterous contingent present.