PDA

View Full Version : CAA wayyyyyyyy over rated.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
That is all - proof is on the field. CAA and Sportsnetwork can go pleasure themselves in a private area.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Wait.. D1B is that you..?

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Socon overrated? App blown out... wofford losing by 2 td's.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
difference is no one is going around saying socon is the sec of the fcs....bottom line - at the end of today - both socon and caa both have 1 team left standing and after next week...only 1 from either conference. way to back it up on the field...but caa does beat each other up during the year, that's why they always crap the bed during the playoffs.

SeattleGriz
No wait, GSU sucks for 5 years and then beats MEAC team, followed by a befuddled William and Mary last year, and they are top 3 all year.

C'mon man. Get on board. GSU is the champ. Don't even need to play the game.

Bogus Megapardus
And the Patriot is underrated. Agreed?

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
Guess who's gonna be the only two conferences left with two teams in?????? :D

West Coast Bias.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
The southland should never ever be given a #1 seed again.

UCA was horrible(I didnt watch the game) and SHSU just about lost to SBU....

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
No wait, GSU sucks for 5 years and then beats MEAC team, followed by a befuddled William and Mary last year, and they are top 3 all year.

C'mon man. Get on board. GSU is the champ. Don't even need to play the game.

If today was any indication:
Apparently ODU could have played Alabama to a field goal

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
The southland should never ever be given a #1 seed again.

UCA was horrible(I didnt watch the game) and SHSU just about lost to SBU....

No no no. You just aren't looking at the stats. SHSU is for real.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM

Im guessing you arent joking so im gonna go look at them.

TheBisonator

UNI's gonna raze SHSU to the ground.

SeattleGriz
If today was any indication:
Apparently ODU could have played Alabama to a field goal

Oh no. Alabama had all their first team in and still couldn't stop GSU. Nevermind the fact the announcers listed 8 of the starters as out. GSU is for real.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM

Sarcasm meter broke??

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
I saw SBU had a turnover and SHSU had none, I quit looking at that point.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 06:29 PM

We just destroyed UCA. The 2nd ad 3rd string were in for quite a bit later in the second half. SHSU is going to get crushed by MSU.

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Time for the SOCON Champs to end this argument next weekend.

gsu6trophies
December 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
You guys have a hard on for GSU. I really can't believe how ****ty Bison fans are.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
We just destroyed UCA. The 2nd ad 3rd string were in for quite a bit later in the second half. SHSU is going to get crushed by MSU.

Looks like MSU is probably a pretender too though.....

From what ive seen UNI NDSU UM GSU ODU and maybe maine are head and shoulders better than the rest of the FCS. Maybe i'm wrong, I guess we will see next week.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
You guys have a hard on for GSU. I really can't believe how ****ty Bison fans are.

Get used to it bud. GSU fans have been declaring GSU the champs since the playoffs. You don't win it all, you have fallen short.

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM

SHSU also destroyed UCA.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM

From what ive seen UNI NDSU UM GSU ODU and maybe maine are head and shoulders better than the rest of the FCS.

I agree. MSU really struggled today in my opinion. They will beat SHSU, then get curbstomped by the Griz.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
SHSU also destroyed UCA.

Stop it dude. Quit being nice and call it like it is. SHSU is done next weekend.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
At no point have I mentioned what georgia southern did previously this year...but you guys must follow them pretty well to know their stats about Alabama. Last I checked, last year they lost to UD......key words last year. The CAA is wayyyy over hyped by the little media that does follow fcs. And yes....to the poster above, Lehigh is under rated, I hope they continue the run. I lived about 30 minutes from Lehigh last year....was hoping to make a game there but the dice didn't fall that way.

UNH Fanboi
December 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Overrated by who? Most people picked the CAA to win 2 games. They won 1 game and lost 3 others by 1, 2 and 7 points.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM

We're still ticked off you guys backed out of that game. I've always seen NDSU and GSU as very similar, but, of course, similarity doesn't neccessarily mean that we're going to get along.

For myself, I like GSU - as early as 1986 I was wishing for a GSU v NDSU game. In fact, the only program I don't really like much is Jacksonville State.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Overrated by who? Most people picked the CAA to win 2 games. They won 1 game and lost 3 others by 1, 2 and 7 points.

But the CAA champion lost to a Patriot League team. Doesn't that count double?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
But the CAA champion lost to a Patriot League team. Doesn't that count double?

Exactly......CAA sucks....if the sportsnetwork wasn't in philly...you'd never hear about them. i love how espn showed a graphic about the most championships in fcs and apparently they got the wrong graphic because there weren't any caa teams listed.........***** a$$ conference.

Griz4ever
December 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Guess who's gonna be the only two conferences left with two teams in?????? :D

West Coast Bias.

UHHHH the Big Sky Conference..How about both teams from the same state too..xsmileyclapx

gsu6trophies
December 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
We're still ticked off you guys backed out of that game. I've always seen NDSU and GSU as very similar, but, of course, similarity doesn't neccessarily mean that we're going to get along.

For myself, I like GSU - as early as 1986 I was wishing for a GSU v NDSU game. In fact, the only program I don't really like much is Jacksonville State.

You guys are ****ty and basically are making me decide to just stop reading this crappy message board. People use to talk about football, but all you want to do is try to call out GSU for some crap that no one on this board controls. BTW, I watched NDSU's game. I didn't think they were all that dominating considering they were playing in the Fargo Dome against a team that barely eeked out a win against Eastern Kentucky. But I guess if we are lucky enough to get to Fargo you guys we'll show us how its done.

Achilles Return
December 3rd, 2011, 06:46 PM

It wasn't a home and home. What was the upside for us?

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 06:49 PM
We would rather schedule a cup-cake and an SEC money game. Why should we please anyone else? We get a tune up game and a $$ game. Why would we do it any differently?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
CAA ...............................................ove r...........rated

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
It wasn't a home and home. What was the upside for us?

It was a home and home.. It was the back half of a home and home.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262800290

The upside was honoring your word. And playing a real game.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
difference is no one is going around saying socon is the sec of the fcs....bottom line - at the end of today - both socon and caa both have 1 team left standing and after next week...only 1 from either conference. way to back it up on the field...but caa does beat each other up during the year, that's why they always crap the bed during the playoffs.

Always crap the bed during the playoffs? I believe we have multiple teams that have won titles in the past ten years and have had a representative in the national championship most years for the past 10 or so. Plain ignorance.

Many of the games were close, the CAA represented well on the road today with Maine winning, JMU (5th in CAA) not getting blown out by NDSU, UNH losing by 1 half way across the country, and ODU going toe to toe with the GSU darling team that so many see winning the whole thing this year. Most on the boards - from both the CAA and other conferences - saw the CAA likely to only win 1-2 games today. Nothing surprising, we all have been saying the CAA is down all year. Geeez.

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Oh well.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM

If things continue, you'll get what you want......but as stated previously, it was due to another school backing out - so why keep twisting the knife? Do you have something to prove? You make it seem like without beating georgia southern at home your season isn't complete...I guess that is a compliment to georgia southern??

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
If things continue, you'll get what you want......but as stated previously, it was due to another school backing out - so why keep twisting the knife? Do you have something to prove? You make it seem like without beating georgia southern at home your season isn't complete...I guess that is a compliment to georgia southern??

Read your own fans post as to why i posted that....and then you can delete what you posted.

HenZoneNation
Exactly......CAA sucks....if the sportsnetwork wasn't in philly...you'd never hear about them. i love how espn showed a graphic about the most championships in fcs and apparently they got the wrong graphic because there weren't any caa teams listed.........***** a$$ conference.

Clearly your kidding...Aside from the sportsnetwork, every single media outlet, including ESPN, knows that from top to bottom the CAA is top conferen...That being said, I don't think there is a single team in the CAA that deserved to be ranked in the top five. Was impressed with NDSU, UNI, and Montana today. And I was very impressed with how MSU didn't panic and stepped up to win the game. Great round of football. Next year will be a different story for the CAA as you will see many of the familiar names rebound from this years let down.

But dude, you clearly haven't been watching the last ten years

MTfan4life
Remaining Conference representation:
Big Sky 2
Missouri Valley 2
Colonial 1
Southland 1
Patriot 1
Southern 1

Achilles Return
December 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM

Home and Home's do not have 5 years of separation between them. It was not a home and home.

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
that 06 season was with a terrible head coach. Last year we finally recovered from that idiot. We didn't even run the option.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
To me, all today did was prove the GPI right. Everyone knew the MVC was the best conference this year, with the SoCon, BigSky and CAA all close behind. Nothing really surprising. Next year, try to tell YSU and the ISUs not to blow it and you would have had 4-5 teams in the field easy. Great games today and far fewer blowouts than there usually are in the early rounds.

Good luck to all teams remaining!!

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Big Sky 2(2)
Missouri Valley 2(2)
Colonial 1(5)
Southland 1(2)
Patriot 1(1)
Southern 1(3)
Ohio Valley 0(2)

Tells the whole story

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Read your own fans post as to why i posted that....and then you can delete what you posted.

Who knows? None of us work for Southern. Who knows and who the hell cares.

bleedblue
No need to make an argument with the Chevy guy. He's just got a hard on for us. I think most would consider CAA either #1 or #2 for the last decade. We did have a bit of a down year this year though.

Twentysix
Home and Home's do not have 5 years of separation between them. It was not a home and home.

GSU village idiot? The other GSU fans atleast use logic and are respectable.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
No need to make an argument with the Chevy guy. He's just got a hard on for us. I think most would consider CAA either #1 or #2 for the last decade. We did have a bit of a down year this year though.

what exactly have "YOU" done the last decade?

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Chevy... just stop.. please.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM

The game was originally scheduled for 2009 and got moved back. We payed $600,000 to get out of the game. It was a home-and-home.

And yes, some home-and-homes do have years in between them. In the home-and-home with Northeastern the games were 3 years apart.

I had no problem with buying out the game. We didn't "wuss out", we wanted to have 6 home games and we didn't want to have to play in Boone, Spartanburg, Tuscaloosa, and Fargo all in one season.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM

IT WAS A HOME AND HOME, DUDE.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM

i don't, but the sportsnetwork does....yeah i would hope when the biased media gets an over whelming amount of teams in a limited field into the playoffs that their winning percentage is better than a conference than perhaps only gets 1 or 2 teams in......the fact remains, they may get votes during the year and numbers in the playoffs, but when is the last time they won something......oh....go ahead and fall back on 'nova....that's cute

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I think you have too many zero's in your buyout but yeah. That is an inteligent post learn from it achilles.

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Would be a good spot for the "your mom" come back but I'm not even sure what you mean by "you". Oh well.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Would be a good spot for the "your mom" come back but I'm not even sure what you mean by "you". Oh well.

The 600k fcs buyout lol.

Achilles Return
December 3rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
GSU village idiot? The other GSU fans atleast use logic and are respectable.

Getting personal, real mature man. Apparently I'm not respectable for disagreeing with you? Just because the last game we've played against each other was in Statesboro, it does not necessarily mean that we agreed to a home-and-home series. Home-and-home agreements almost always take place in 2 successive years. Furthermore, I highly doubt we would have agreed to a H&H with a school that was only in its third season in the FCS - it doesn't make sense.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
IT WAS A HOME AND HOME, DUDE.

why are you so concerned with this............aside from that guy, most southern fans will tell you it was because another school in another conference backed out which caused a ripple affect......why difference does it make anyway? if you keep winning and southern keeps winning you'll have your game.....just seems like you're putting southern on a level higher than you're own if you're this upset after a full season you didn't get to play them yet.....what exactly do you want georgia southern fans to admit?

Achilles Return
December 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
That is an inteligent post learn from it achilles.

And a run-on sentence. You're certainly the authority on intelligence.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Getting personal, real mature man. Apparently I'm not respectable for disagreeing with you? Just because the last game we've played against each other was in Statesboro, it does not necessarily mean that we agreed to a home-and-home series. Home-and-home agreements almost always take place in 2 successive years. Furthermore, I highly doubt we would have agreed to a H&H with a school that was only in its third season in the FCS - it doesn't make sense.

GSU played home and homes with both XDSU's.... you are a freshman at GSU its pretty obvious.

Achilles Return
December 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
The game was originally scheduled for 2009 and got moved back. We payed $600,000 to get out of the game. It was a home-and-home.

And yes, some home-and-homes do have years in between them. In the home-and-home with Northeastern the games were 3 years apart.

I had no problem with buying out the game. We didn't "wuss out", we wanted to have 6 home games and we didn't want to have to play in Boone, Spartanburg, Tuscaloosa, and Fargo all in one season.

Alright, sounds good. Wasn't aware of the push-back.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
Chevy... just stop.. please.

keep living in the past.....you stop.........please

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
That is all - proof is on the field. CAA and Sportsnetwork can go pleasure themselves in a private area.

4 road games.........and every team in it until the very end? Whatever.

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM

How many home teams won today???

whitey
December 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
This thread is hilarious. Haters gonna hate I guess. The CAA had a good showing no matter how you slice it. Yeah, a few more wins would have been better but you have to hand it to the other teams today.

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Big Sky 2
Missouri Valley 2

And all 4 had home games........congrats!

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
How many home teams won today???

thats your excuse?...... weak!

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
This thread is hilarious. Haters gonna hate I guess. The CAA had a good showing no matter how you slice it. Yeah, a few more wins would have been better but you have to hand it to the other teams today.

Even though you are a JMU fan:-) I agree with you

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
And all 4 had home games........congrats!

Let's not forget the CAA champ lost today at home to the Patriot League Champ.

SeattleGriz

Dude, lay off the glue. You did NOT pay 600K to get out of that game. If you did, I am a monkey's uncle.

mainejeff
thats your excuse?...... weak!

*YAWN*

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM

how is that a good showing? i would have expected an all CAA championship based on the media coverage.....pathetic really..Help me obi-wan-maine, you're my only hope......................

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Let's not forget the CAA champ lost today at home to the Patriot League Champ.

Congrats Lehigh. Geeeeez.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
*YAWN*

and an equally weak come back.....you're team won on the road...so why even bring up home field? you mad? CAA - over rated.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Congrats Lehigh. Geeeeez.

Thanks. I wasn't about to let that little tidbit go unnoticed. LOL

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'll bite, it's a saturday night, kids in bed, beer in hand, and I want to talk about football.

Chevy, can I ask two questions.
1)What team do you pull for?
2)What happens if Maine wins next week?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Fact still remains...the conference that is all over the little FCS media as being the dominant conference, when they have only won what, 2 'ships in the last decade.....has 1 team remaining.......just shows how the polls and sportsnetwork are bias and totally off.......f the caa and the crappy teams that beat each up on each other

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
I'll bite, it's a saturday night, kids in bed, beer in hand, and I want to talk about football.

Chevy, can I ask two questions.
1)What team do you pull for?
2)What happens if Maine wins next week?

i'm just a fan of fcs - if maine wins next week - then they move on to the semi's right? still doesn't change the fact that caa gets all this hype during the year for playing a "caa conference schedule" but then everyone gets put out.......who said my team is even in the playoffs..maybe i'm just tired of hearing caa blah blah blah on every fcs game broadcast.

whitey
December 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Okay. I was going to let you have your fun, but you're clearly an idiot. Yes, the CAA had a down year. It happens. But stop spewing flat out lies. CAA teams have won 4 National Championships the last 10 years and have taken second place three other years.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
*YAWN*

What's the matter? Your coffee emoticon broken?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Okay. I was going to let you have your fun, but you're clearly an idiot. Yes, the CAA had a down year. It happens. But stop spewing flat out lies. CAA teams have won 4 National Championships the last 10 years and have taken second place three other years.

Ok Ricky Bobby ....I guess nothings wrong with silver........4 out of 10.......I guess if you were to look at 00 with georgia southern then the run that app state had what, 07,08,09....that makes it 4 and 4?

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
i'm just a fan of fcs - if maine wins next week - then they move on to the semi's right? still doesn't change the fact that caa gets all this hype during the year for playing a "caa conference schedule" but then everyone gets put out.......who said my team is even in the playoffs..maybe i'm just tired of hearing caa blah blah blah on every fcs game broadcast.

Clearly you have a team, it's okay to say who they are. I really am just curious; it isn't a trick. If the CAA sucks, then who in your opinion, as a conference, doesn't suck.

I mention what if Maine only because as long as they still hang around, isn't there a chance that maybe they win the whole thing?

whitey
December 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
So you admit you were wrong? Thanks.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Ok Ricky Bobby ....I guess nothings wrong with silver........4 out of 10.......I guess if you were to look at 00 with georgia southern then the run that app state had what, 07,08,09....that makes it 4 and 4?

it's 05, 06, 07...but who's counting...

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
it's 05, 06, 07...but who's counting...

apparently you are......still.....i think that puts it 4 and 4....and i believe furman maybe lost in 01 so they would have won silver...never quite figured out why people try to claim 2nd place....its still a loss

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Overrated? UNH loses on a botched XP, 2/3rds of the way across the country. ODU gave GSU all they could handle. Maine wins. Towson loses by a safety. James Madison sticks around a bit and was supposed to lose.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
Clearly you have a team, it's okay to say who they are. I really am just curious; it isn't a trick. If the CAA sucks, then who in your opinion, as a conference, doesn't suck.

I mention what if Maine only because as long as they still hang around, isn't there a chance that maybe they win the whole thing?

Sure - maine could win the whole thing - but apparently the caa isn't as dominant as everyone thought they were...otherwise maine would be playing unh in frisco...

and for the record i do have a team - but i don't see how that evens makes a difference, my point has remained that the caa is over rated.....if my conference had 5 teams in it...i would expect a win - if not an all conference championship...wouldn't you?

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
keep living in the past.....you stop.........please

I thought we weren't allowed to live in the past? Your words.

chevy8050
Overrated? UNH loses on a botched XP, 2/3rds of the way across the country. ODU gave GSU all they could handle. Maine wins. Towson loses by a safety. James Madison sticks around a bit and was supposed to lose.

way to rationalize the losses......you'd fit right in......they lost because they were supposed to lose?? who said that? caa is superior - they aren't supposed to lose to anyone....love how the sportsnetwork had a mouth full of the caa's member all year long but yet picks only 1 of their teams to win this week......kinda odd isn't it?

NoDak 4 Ever

But think about it. How is the SEC of FCS all playing on the road and losing over simple fundamentals like an extra point or a safety? All we heard all day was how the CAA was the dominant conference. If that was so, everybody should have gone to them and gotten beat.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
I still don't know why you won't tell me your team? A Socon team hasn't reached the NC in four years...They still are a great conference...great conference. Yet by your logic, they're not.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM

From what ive seen UNI NDSU UM GSU ODU and maybe maine are head and shoulders better than the rest of the FCS. Maybe i'm wrong, I guess we will see next week.

I love how lists like this change every GD week. Blah blah blah!

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
I always hated the SEC/CAA comparison and our coach is forever saying that. It's dumb and it's insulting to the spirit of playoff football. You gotta win when it counts, four times to get our championship. Sports writers can get an FBS team in a NC.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM

Exactly, over rated. Sheesh. Married.

whitey
December 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Notice how the OP registered today. Dude is obviously trolling.

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
The guy is a joke. Why even continue. I think the guy has a problem more with the media and not the CAA. I don't feel CAA is #1 or #2 this year so there's no argument. You win Chevy

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
CAA ...............................................ove r...........rated

WOW, you tell them! xblahx

gsu6trophies
December 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
I always hated the SEC/CAA comparison and our coach is forever saying that. It's dumb and it's insulting to the spirit of playoff football. You gotta win when it counts, four times to get our championship. Sports writers can get an FBS team in a NC.

I agree. Why does FCS have to be compared to FBS like it is some bizarro football league where playoffs are held instead of votes. CAA is a good Conference. I'm not sure that there better than the SoCon, or any other league for that matter. They are down this year. Maybe the OP is remembering all the chest puffing that Delaware, Nova, Tribe, and JMU fans were doing last year. Funny that none of those teams are all that good this year. I don't think ODU is a bad team. their coach seems like an ***, but the QB was amazing. He was shifty, and crazy accurate on the run. He was smart and didn't make seem to make any mistakes. I didn't come out of GSU's game today thinking that ODU was overated.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
i don't, but the sportsnetwork does....yeah i would hope when the biased media gets an over whelming amount of teams in a limited field into the playoffs that their winning percentage is better than a conference than perhaps only gets 1 or 2 teams in......the fact remains, they may get votes during the year and numbers in the playoffs, but when is the last time they won something......oh....go ahead and fall back on 'nova....that's cute

Has The Fan changed allegiance?

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
WOW, you tell them! xblahx

Would you agree?

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
After reading this discussion, I have a tough time enjoying the win over Towson. What a tool!

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Would you agree?

With Chevy dude? We beat a CAA team for the first time in like 12 games.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
After reading this discussion, I have a tough time enjoying the win over Towson. What a tool!

Meh...
That was a great game dude - enjoy it...
We must never let others decide how we feel
Or let others control our experience

Life is good...!!!

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
I agree. I knew that Lehigh team UD played last year was gonna give teams fits this year.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
I said it in other posts, somewhere in the 3rd Q of the UNH game,this Lehigh team realized they could play with the CAA.

eagle07
December 3rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
ODU played a heck of a game today, that QB is going(is) to be a star, his dad stopped by our tailgate for a few minutes on his way to the car and we all had nothing but great things to say about his son. ODU is very lucky to have that young man and the rest of the CAA should be on alert, your going to be dealing with a very potent ODU offense for a few years.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
I said it in other posts, somewhere in the 3rd Q of the UNH game,this Lehigh team realized they could play with the CAA.

Indeed..!!!

UNH72Plus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Fact still remains...the conference that is all over the little FCS media as being the dominant conference, when they have only won what, 2 'ships in the last decade.....has 1 team remaining.......just shows how the polls and sportsnetwork are bias and totally off.......f the caa and the crappy teams that beat each up on each other

So the polls are biased? In the last Sportsnetwork poll the four losing CAA teams were all ranked lower than their opponents (GSU 3 - ODU 10; MSU 7 - UNH 11; Lehigh 6 - Towson 8; and UNI 4 - JMU 17). So according to the Sportsnetwork's biased opinion, the games went pretty much as predicted. Now isn't it past your bedtime?

Tubby Raymond
December 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Exactly......CAA sucks....if the sportsnetwork wasn't in philly...you'd never hear about them. i love how espn showed a graphic about the most championships in fcs and apparently they got the wrong graphic because there weren't any caa teams listed.........***** a$$ conference.Hater

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
What the??? Did you even watch or check the scores? Every game was close (except Maine @ Apps). All the higher-ranked teams won today (again, except Apps). And teams that supposedly weren't suppose to even be in the playoffs (JMU) were in the game the whole way. Let me refresh your memory:

#10 ODU lost to #3 Ga Southern on the road by 7
#13 Maine beat #9 App State on the road by 22
#11 UNH lost to #7 Montana State on the road by 1
#8 Towson lost to #6 Lehigh at home by 2
#17 JMU lost to #4 NDSU on the road by 12

So who's over-rated, dummy??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
What the??? Did you even watch or check the scores? Every game was close (except Maine @ Apps). All the higher-ranked teams won today (again, except Apps). And teams that supposedly weren't suppose to even be in the playoffs (JMU) were in the game the whole way. Let me refresh your memory:

But WHY if this league was so DOMINANT did all these teams play on the ROAD?!?!?! You can't have it both ways. The rest of the FCS is just pushing back on the idea that the CAA is just better than the rest. That is simply not true. None of the top 5 seeds came from the CAA and only one team is left after playing the rest of the FCS. If the idea is that the CAA is so much better, that isn't true. Better teams are supposed to win, not lose close games.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
This year the CAA was not the top league, that is very obvious.. Historically they are though... dont even try and argue that part.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
But WHY if this league was so DOMINANT did all these teams play on the ROAD?!?!?! You can't have it both ways. The rest of the FCS is just pushing back on the idea that the CAA is just better than the rest. That is simply not true. None of the top 5 seeds came from the CAA and only one team is left after playing the rest of the FCS. If the idea is that the CAA is so much better, that isn't true. Better teams are supposed to win, not lose close games.

I don't recall saying the CAA is dominant this year... All the CAA teams were underdogs, ranked lower and playing on the road, except Towson. And all the games were close, with Maine pulling the upset. To me, that is not over-rated. That is quite exactly as rated, in my opinion.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
This year the CAA was not the top league, that is very obvious.. Historically they are though... dont even try and argue that part.

Agreed. But ask the teams they played today, and I think they would beg to differ. ODU put up more yards/points on Ga Southern than Alabama did, for gosh sakes!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
how is that a good showing? i would have expected an all CAA championship based on the media coverage.....pathetic really..Help me obi-wan-maine, you're my only hope......................

use your own noggin and try to make an informed decesion on your own.... the media.... you believe them?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
But think about it. How is the SEC of FCS all playing on the road and losing over simple fundamentals like an extra point or a safety? All we heard all day was how the CAA was the dominant conference. If that was so, everybody should have gone to them and gotten beat.

thank you......its not just me that saw that.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
thank you......its not just me that saw that.

Who's your favorite team? Come on, it can't be that bad...

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:39 PM

again....the "we played on the road" excuse is played out....about like the caa teams in the playoffs......keep justifying the losses.....i'm sure the first "inside the huddle" article next season will be telling us all how the caa will be the toughest place to play next season....

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM

"You've got a friend in me...."

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
again....the "we played on the road" excuse is played out....about like the caa teams in the playoffs......keep justifying the losses.....i'm sure the first "inside the huddle" article next season will be telling us all how the caa will be the toughest place to play next season....

The title of the thread is "CAA is over-rated". I don't see anything over-rated in the wins or losses this week. Except perhaps App State was over-rated. And perhaps NDSU was over-rated. Just an average showing over the worst team in the field of 20. And Montana State was supposed to be better than that. Not to mention Ga Southern's defense has been better than allowing 40+ points. But those aren't CAA teams.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:42 PM

How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Historically? GSU, YSU, ASU...then a whole mess of folks with 2 'ships - not one CAA team......do a little research

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
You are confusing top team with top league.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah, cuz i guess the top team of the top league would crap the bed in the playoffs every year......you got me.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 09:47 PM

your a day late with your overrated thread chevro, Again people that know football and know the CAA have been saying this is a down year meaning that the CAA is not as good this year as in the past, Are you trying to tell us in a public forum that your to mentally challenged to have seen that for yourself?

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
I dont even see how you made the jump from post 120 to 122.

Historically montana is awesome... historically the bigsky is a piece of ****. Its not that complicated.

Teams that have moved on from a conference give it no bargaining power....So dont even go after nevada or boise.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:50 PM

Oh....and if you think people don't care about fcs championships...i can gar-on-tee no one cares about your ridiculously obnoxious signature with NCC championships...seriously? What the heII is NCC?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
your a day late with your overrated thread chevro, Again people that know football and know the CAA have been saying this is a down year meaning that the CAA is not as good this year as in the past, Are you trying to tell us in a public forum that your to mentally challenged to have seen that for yourself?

Mentally challenged? From someone that can't type out their thoughts correctly? Funny how all these delaware folks are here defending the caa comments and you're one of the teams that got "left out" after being in a down year......if the caa admits to being down, then why did they have 5 teams in the playoffs? bias? possibly.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I really don't know what you can say because it is such a moving target. How do you measure best conference? Playoff appearances? NCs? Number of teams in the field? How deep it is?

I think the real beef here lies in the beyond ****ty announcers for the football games today. They have had maybe 3 or 4 days of prep and only see what is on paper. They then make conclusions like "CAA is like the SEC of FCS" because they got 5 teams in. Had a few games gone a different way on the last weekend, it is genuinely possible that the MVFC could have had 5 teams in and they might be saying the same thing. Bottom line is that the CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, and SoCon are probably the top leagues but who is the best there is up for discussion. But for all of the entries in the field of 20, the CAA came up lacking.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
I dont even see how you made the jump from post 120 to 122.

Historically montana is awesome... historically the bigsky is a piece of ****. Its not that complicated.

Teams that have moved on from a conference give it no bargaining power....So dont even go after nevada or boise.

Yeah, so if i'm a team that plays in a crap conference and i make the playoffs every year because the media is hanging on my junk, that doesn't mean i'm historically good.......aka, just about every caa team.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Oh....and if you think people don't care about fcs championships...i can gar-on-tee no one cares about your ridiculously obnoxious signature with NCC championships...seriously? What the heII is NCC?

Last response to the fan... nowhere did i say people dont care about fcs championships... one team being a powerhouse does not make a conference great.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
I really don't know what you can say because it is such a moving target. How do you measure best conference? Playoff appearances? NCs? Number of teams in the field? How deep it is?

I think the real beef here lies in the beyond ****ty announcers for the football games today. They have had maybe 3 or 4 days of prep and only see what is on paper. They then make conclusions like "CAA is like the SEC of FCS" because they got 5 teams in. Had a few games gone a different way on the last weekend, it is genuinely possible that the MVFC could have had 5 teams in and they might be saying the same thing. Bottom line is that the CAA, MVFC, Big Sky, and SoCon are probably the top leagues but who is the best there is up for discussion. But for all of the entries in the field of 20, the CAA came up lacking.

Can't say I disagree...but with 25% of the entries in the field..i expected more. the fcs playoff system is becoming a joke - some of those teams that were border line getting in probably are thinking the same thing - the selection committee and sportsnetwork drives the field and we all know the caa is the darling of philadelphia.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Mentally challenged? From someone that can't type out their thoughts correctly?.

OK, now your a mindreader?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Last response to the fan... nowhere did i say people dont care about fcs championships... one team being a powerhouse does not make a conference great.

So having a bunch of teams that are average does? Last I checked, does NDSU play in the caa? or do you just secretly wish it at night?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Can't say I disagree...but with 25% of the entries in the field..i expected more. the fcs playoff system is becoming a joke - some of those teams that were border line getting in probably are thinking the same thing - the selection committee and sportsnetwork drives the field and we all know the caa is the darling of philadelphia.

Stop agreeing with me, you obviously have a hard on for TSN and I'm making reasoned arguments about why I think the CAA isn't all it's cracked up to be. We are not saying the same thing.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
OK, now your a mindreader?

Normally I wouldn't correct spelling errors...but twice in a row...and its a pet peeve of mine..................it's YOU'RE......not YOUR...........YOUR implies possession...........YOU'RE is YOU ARE.............dumb@ss

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Stop agreeing with me, you obviously have a hard on for TSN and I'm making reasoned arguments about why I think the CAA isn't all it's cracked up to be. We are not saying the same thing.

Ok....I disagree that we both think the caa isn't what everyone said it was.

LehighU11
December 3rd, 2011, 10:02 PM

I thought the CAA had a pretty good showing today, considering they didn't get some cupcake opponent like SHSU or Stony Brook. This is a different CAA from years past, because the league is THAT competitive. No Richmond, W&M, Delaware, Villanova in the playoffs this year because of it. Don't forget that 2 of the semifinalists the past three years were from the CAA...

eagle07
December 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
I thought the CAA had a pretty good showing today, considering they didn't get some cupcake opponent like SHSU or Stony Brook. This is a different CAA from years past, because the league is THAT competitive. No Richmond, W&M, Delaware, Villanova in the playoffs this year because of it. Don't forget that 2 of the semifinalists the past three years were from the CAA...

I agree, i thought it was a good showing, seems to me that the CAA had alot of good teams this year, but not that 1 or 2 great teams they usually have

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Normally I wouldn't correct spelling errors...but twice in a row...and its a pet peeve of mine..................it's YOU'RE......not YOUR...........YOUR implies possession...........YOU'RE is YOU ARE.............dumb@ss

now dont get emotional just cuss you is gettin you butt whupped, I tell you what, You say you have a good command of the English language? Lets make a team, I'll do all the thinking and let you put it in writing for me, wahddu ya say?

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, so if i'm a team that plays in a crap conference and i make the playoffs every year because the media is hanging on my junk, that doesn't mean i'm historically good.......aka, just about every caa team.

So CAA teams have been in the finals 7 of the last 8 years, winning 4 of those (4 different teams). It hasn't been just one team, like App in the SoCon. To me, that means the CAA has been pretty good, for at least the last 8 years.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 10:05 PM
I agree, i thought it was a good showing, seems to me that the CAA had alot of good teams this year, but not that 1 or 2 great teams they usually have

My goodness, this is the truth

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM

Who cares about semi finals....again, you're still using the "caa is so tough" argument as to why towson.......TOWSON...won the league and then lost to Lehigh. Just because all the teams end up losing to each other doesn't mean your conference is tough, it just means no one is good enough to stand above the rest...and then when playoffs roll around, it shows. Like today...yeah good showing...on the road, i got that already....bottom line.......W's and L's.....and caa has more L's than W's...

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM

gotta nother one for ya, Your implies possession as in ...... I own you, or your mine.... if not, start thinking for your self

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Who cares about semi finals....again, you're still using the "caa is so tough" argument as to why towson.......TOWSON...won the league and then lost to Lehigh. Just because all the teams end up losing to each other doesn't mean your conference is tough, it just means no one is good enough to stand above the rest...and then when playoffs roll around, it shows. Like today...yeah good showing...on the road, i got that already....bottom line.......W's and L's.....and caa has more L's than W's...

Chevy, you may want to give this one up, until you get your facts correct. It's getting pathetic.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
So CAA teams have been in the finals 7 of the last 8 years, winning 4 of those (4 different teams). It hasn't been just one team, like App in the SoCon. To me, that means the CAA has been pretty good, for at least the last 8 years.

Sure - when the media and selection drones constantly vote in half your conference, I would expect at least one of them to make it deep in the playoffs - doesn't mean they deserved to be there, if the field was expanded to have half of every conference in, i doubt those stats would look the same. Just keep living in the past claiming the accomplishments of other schools........you don't even have a dog in the fight......bow.....wow

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
gotta nother one for ya, Your implies possession as in ...... I own you, or your mine.... if not, start thinking for your self

glad you finally figured out the difference.......+1

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM

16295......AGREED...HAWK!....CHEVY..SHOW US...'NOTHERAH...CONFERENCE........WHOM.....SENDS. ...SUCH UH VARIETY...TA DUH DANCE.......DERE-FORE...TOP/BOTTOM.....CAA...RULES.....REGARDLESS...O' PLAY-OFF...CHAMP....xnodx....BRAWK

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Chevy, you may want to give this one up, until you get your facts correct. It's getting pathetic.

I'm sorry....did the caa win more than they lost today......didn't think so.....#facts

Bisonforlife
December 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Exactly my thoughtxbowx

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry....did the caa win more than they lost today......didn't think so.....#facts

Wow, someone is still smarting from those losses to the CAA over the years... One bib and bottle, coming up!

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Sure - when the media and selection drones constantly vote in half your conference, I would expect at least one of them to make it deep in the playoffs - doesn't mean they deserved to be there, if the field was expanded to have half of every conference in, i doubt those stats would look the same. Just keep living in the past claiming the accomplishments of other schools........you don't even have a dog in the fight......bow.....wow

The past... you are correct, the past 8 years. PS, Maine is still in this, and is looking pretty tough. If they beat GSU next week (doubful), they can go all the way. that would be 9 years.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Wow, someone is still smarting from those losses to the CAA over the years... One bib and bottle, coming up!

you caa guys just go back to telling each other how good you all are....we'll all be reading about it next season.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
you caa guys just go back to telling each other how good you all are....we'll all be reading about it next season.

You seem to read one thing, and hear another... who said the CAA is strong this year? It appears you are the only one.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
The past... you are correct, the past 8 years. PS, Maine is still in this, and is looking pretty tough. If they beat GSU next week (doubful), they can go all the way. that would be 9 years.

So you're a Maine fan? Odd avatar picture for a Maine fan. News flash - any team at this point can go all the way - way to go out on a limb. Having 1 team out of 5 left in the bracket should be enough for you caa guys to see that its one thing to say you beat up on each other all year but when you play ooc, it shows how lacking as a whole the caa is. i can't keep making the same points over and over, if you don't want to see it, then i guess we'll be back talking the same smack next season.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
You seem to read one thing, and hear another... who said the CAA is strong this year? It appears you are the only one.

He is coming off as an idiot, but CAA fans defintely proclaimed themselves the #1 conference many times this year. You might not have ever done it... but others did for you and the brush has a broad stroke.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM

It appears you don't follow much of the fcs media coverage......good for you, really.

Jazzman1522
December 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight. Eastern's out and the OVC sucks, that's well-established. But I don't see any logic in the arguments against the CAA. Based on what you're saying chevy, the CAA would have to win a national championship every year to even be considered a good conference and, frankly, that's dumb. Just because they don't produce the winner every year doesn't mean they're not a good conference. In fact, I'd say that just putting 5 teams in the playoffs makes them pretty dang good, even if they don't end up being the last 5 teams in, which, according to your logic, is the only way to prove their worth. But of course, it's those biased media jerks putting all those crappy CAA teams in. Somebody sounds like they think they're team got screwed. Illinois State maybe?

Oh, and if you're gonna criticize people for their grammar in on an internet message board, you might as well capitalize and punctuate correctly. Just sayin'.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
It appears you don't follow much of the fcs media coverage......good for you, really.

Not really. I watch as many games as time permits, and follow the polls and discussion boards. Media, not so much.

Twentysix
I don't have a dog in this fight. Eastern's out and the OVC sucks, that's well-established. But I don't see any logic in the arguments against the CAA. Based on what you're saying chevy, the CAA would have to win a national championship every year to even be considered a good conference and, frankly, that's dumb. Just because they don't produce the winner every year doesn't mean they're not a good conference. In fact, I'd say that just putting 5 teams in the playoffs makes them pretty dang good, even if they don't end up being the last 5 teams in, which, according to your logic, is the only way to prove their worth. But of course, it's those biased media jerks putting all those crappy CAA teams in. Somebody sounds like they think they're team got screwed. Illinois State maybe?

Oh, and if you're gonna criticize people for their grammar in on an internet message board, you might as well capitalize and punctuate correctly. Just sayin'.

I think his school is princeton and his team is lehigh....

chevy8050
He is coming off as an idiot, but CAA fans defintely proclaimed themselves the #1 conference many times this year. You might not have ever done it... but others did for you and the brush has a broad stroke.
Kinda odd a NDSU guy defending caa - you just said much of what i have been pointing out....but yet managed to call me an idiot in the process....again, who cares about NCC championships.....I think Ridgemont High School has won 28 straight, no one gives a f#%& state championships....put that on your signature.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM

AH LONG...WHIFF..EVERAH SPORTS WRITER..&..EVERAH POLL....IN DUH LAND!

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM

But Chevy is saying it's the media that's putting the teams in the playoffs... and thus the CAA has 5 teams. Sounds like La-La Land stuff to me, but hey, he's a conspiracy theorist.

Jazzman1522
December 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM

As soon as we hear that anybody vs. Lehigh is going down by at least 2 touchdowns, we'll know for sure. Until then, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM

my point being.....putting 5 teams from 1 conference in a 20 team field only to have 1 team make it out of the 2nd round..........obviously the selection is flawed. Maybe the ovc is crap, but I'm pretty sure an ovc team can lose the same as a caa team. If the media and selection drones make it a point to glorify the conference, they should be able to support it by winning a few games. yeah, i know......maine can still win it - that's one team....not like we are saying maine or unh or odu or towson or jmu can still win it - if we were still saying that going into the 3rd round, then yeah, i'd agree the caa must be pretty tough, but since they all go out early....except maine who destroyed an app team that has been highly over rated this entire year, I'd say that just means the caa got teams in based on fluff and couldn't back it up.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
The fact that this thread is 17 pages long in 4 hours should almost prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
So you're saying that all the teams that lost in rounds 1 and 2 should not have been in the playoffs at all? Listen to yourself. The whole purpose of the playoffs is for only 1 team to be standing at the end. Are you advocating for a BCS-style system here???

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
The fact that this thread is 17 pages long in 4 hours should almost prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Partially my fault for biting on this one... ;)

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM

So you would say that during the last 7 years the CAA has been a dissappointment in the playoffs? I sthat what your saying?

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM

BINGO...you hit the nail right on the head...

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
*YAWN*

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:47 PM
So you're saying that all the teams that lost in rounds 1 and 2 should not have been in the playoffs at all? Listen to yourself. The whole purpose of the playoffs is for only 1 team to be standing at the end. Are you advocating for a BCS-style system here???

I'd honestly like to see more games played across conferences so we'd all have a little better measuring stick for where teams and conferences stand other than the sportsnetworks caa sucking flunkies.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 10:49 PM

The question you're not asking my friend is why they comment on the CAA at all...not like the FCS is a hot bed of discussion outside our very small community. So either there is an enormous (SENSELESS) conspiracy...or it's spot on.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
*YAWN*
way to up your post count..

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
The CAA is the most consistently excellent conference (period)
A bad year or a few tough losses will bring out some "haters" and probably a little of the old "I told you so"
But it's better to be hated and talked about than to be ignored

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
who's your team...come on...you can do it...who's your team?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
The question you're not asking my friend is why they comment on the CAA at all...not like the FCS is a hot bed of discussion outside our very small community. So either there is an enormous (SENSELESS) conspiracy...or it's spot on.

Maybe because the only information these announcers have come from philadelphia..........and we all know they are going to mention any other conference because there just aren't any other good teams out there unless they play in the caa.....didn't you know that already?

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
who's your team...come on...you can do it...who's your team?
Mount Union.......

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
The CAA is the most consistently excellent conference (period)
Based on what exactly? Seriously, I'd just like to know what you're using as a reference point here...

mainejeff
way to up your post count..

Back at ya.

*YAWN*

Jazzman1522
my point being.....putting 5 teams from 1 conference in a 20 team field only to have 1 team make it out of the 2nd round..........obviously the selection is flawed. Maybe the ovc is crap, but I'm pretty sure an ovc team can lose the same as a caa team. If the media and selection drones make it a point to glorify the conference, they should be able to support it by winning a few games. yeah, i know......maine can still win it - that's one team....not like we are saying maine or unh or odu or towson or jmu can still win it - if we were still saying that going into the 3rd round, then yeah, i'd agree the caa must be pretty tough, but since they all go out early....except maine who destroyed an app team that has been highly over rated this entire year, I'd say that just means the caa got teams in based on fluff and couldn't back it up.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you, because you make the claim that the selection is flawed based on the fact that the CAA only got one team through the second round. The selection has nothing to do with who goes out and wins the games. The committee's job is to pick who they think are the 20 teams who most deserve a chance at the playoffs. Did they get it right this year? I don't know. You could argue that they didn't every year. But 5 CAA teams made a pretty strong case for it. We knew going in that at least 4 of them would get beat. The fact that it happened doesn't really make them overrated, in my opinion. That's the nature of the playoffs. Everybody's gonna lose at one point with only one exception.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Mount Union.......

Now we are cooking...good for you...Mount Union used to take it to my coach...that was until the White water began flowing

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you, because you make the claim that the selection is flawed based on the fact that the CAA only got one team through the second round. The selection has nothing to do with who goes out and wins the games. The committee's job is to pick who they think are the 20 teams who most deserve a chance at the playoffs. Did they get it right this year? I don't know. You could argue that they didn't every year. But 5 CAA teams made a pretty strong case for it. We knew going in that at least 4 of them would get beat. The fact that it happened doesn't really make them overrated, in my opinion. That's the nature of the playoffs. Everybody's gonna lose at one point with only one exception.

Yeah, I see your point, but you could say that they should take 5 teams from another conference since only 1 could win it all anyway. For those conferences that only got 1 or 2 teams in, don't you think they are sitting there thinking, man....we could have lost by now...why them?

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Philly isn't a hot bed for anything...if you think that, you don't live on the East Coast.

HenZoneNation
December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I see your point, but you could say that they should take 5 teams from another conference since only 1 could win it all anyway. For those conferences that only got 1 or 2 teams in, don't you think they are sitting there thinking, man....we could have lost by now...why them?

You're anger then should be directed at the MEAC...they get a bid every year, and every year they lose, and generally very badly. Get rid of that bid and it satisfies your request

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Since Chevy is most definately insane, I will only reply from this point forward by posting blank spaces, as follows... "_________"

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
You're anger then should be directed at the MEAC...they get a bid every year, and every year they lose, and generally very badly. Get rid of that bid and it satisfies your request

"______________"

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Since Chevy is most definately insane, I will only reply from this point forward by posting blank spaces, as follows... "_________"

"______________"

(That means +1)

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM

How else would the caa get their teams out of the 1st round then?

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 11:06 PM

There is a long tradition of insanity on this forum...

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150491763800851

CAA clearly overrated. This video is proof.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM

again people....this shouldn't be that hard.................its YOUR anger....you are anger then just doesn't make sense....its your anger then.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
How else would the caa get their teams out of the 1st round then?

"_____________________"

(Chevy, I would like to switch conferences please, since the CAA is so cocky and narcissistic. Which would you recommend I follow? Thank you, with utmost grace unto you.)

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
"_____________________"

(Chevy, I would like to switch conferences please, since the CAA is so cocky and narcissistic. Which would you recommend I follow? Thank you, with utmost grace unto you.)

Take the Notre Dame route...go independent.

LehighU11
December 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
I think this year since ODU and Towson were among the league reps, rather than UD, W&M, Richmond, or Villanova, the lack of playoff experience is what ultimately did the CAA teams in. The CAA regular season schedule is tough, which keeps out playoff tested teams occasionally.

Hammerhead
December 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Yet NDSU with zero playoff experience in the FCS made it to the quarterfinals last year losing to the eventual champion in overtime.

I think this year since ODU and Towson were among the league reps, rather than UD, W&M, Richmond, or Villanova, the lack of playoff experience is what ultimately did the CAA teams in. The CAA regular season schedule is tough, which keeps out playoff tested teams occasionally.

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
can't believe you guys are feeding the troll for 20 pages... impressive.

TwoFeathers
December 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Here are the lines on the games. So if a team doesn't match or cover the spread, they are "over-rated", agreed?

Maine (+2½) at App State
Lehigh (+2½) at Towson
New Hampshire (+6) at Montana St.
JMU (+9½) at North Dakota St.
Wofford (+10) at Northern Iowa
Central Arkansas (+10) at Montana
Stony Brook (+10½) at Sam Houston St.
ODU (+13½) at Georgia Southern

So you are correct, JMU and Towson were over-rated. But Maine, New Hampshire and ODU beat expectations. Fair enough?

PS the only favorite to win was Towson anyway, so how is anyone over-rated to begin with? Just plain nonsense.

boonegoon
December 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Here are the lines on the games. So if a team doesn't match or cover the spread, they are "over-rated", agreed?

Maine (+2½) at App State
Lehigh (+2½) at Towson
New Hampshire (+6) at Montana St.
JMU (+9½) at North Dakota St.
Wofford (+10) at Northern Iowa
Central Arkansas (+10) at Montana
Stony Brook (+10½) at Sam Houston St.
ODU (+13½) at Georgia Southern

So you are correct, JMU and Towson were over-rated. But Maine, New Hampshire and ODU beat expectations. Fair enough?

PS the only favorite to win was Towson anyway, so how is anyone over-rated to begin with? Just plain nonsense.

If the CAA is overrated, so is the SOCON. Crazy that the bottom three preseason for the CAA finished in the top. I frankly don't think anyone is overrated except for maybe the Southland. Wofford should have beaten UNI, Maine destroyed my Apps, ODU, a three year old program, hangs with GSU. It's called parity.

bleedblue
December 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Did Chevy say "post count"? Does anyone care about post count or is it just a Chevy thing? Strange.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Mentally challenged? From someone that can't type out their thoughts correctly? Funny how all these delaware folks are here defending the caa comments and you're one of the teams that got "left out" after being in a down year......if the caa admits to being down, then why did they have 5 teams in the playoffs? bias? possibly.

Who else would you have put in rather than those five? Really, anything you come up with is splitting hairs. Stop!

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM

That was my guess too.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
That was my guess too.

ah ha... its The Fan....

MTfan4life
December 4th, 2011, 08:21 AM
ah ha... its The Fan....

He loved the CAA though. Said it was the best conference in football multiple times.

chevy8050
December 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump ,
Bumpity Bump Bump,
Look at Frosty go....

Bumpity Bump Bump,
Bumpity Bump Bump,
O'er the fields of snow.

Dallas Demon
December 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
If the CAA is overrated, so is the SOCON. Crazy that the bottom three preseason for the CAA finished in the top. I frankly don't think anyone is overrated except for maybe the Southland. Wofford should have beaten UNI, Maine destroyed my Apps, ODU, a three year old program, hangs with GSU. It's called parity.

Flag thrown here. The CAA gets 5 teams in the playoffs, only 1 makes it to the quarterfinals before falling. The SoCon gets 3 in, 2 exit before the quaterfinals and one still remains (either the SoCon had to go or the CAA had to go in this matchup). And you have the gall to say the Southland is overrated, when it has been trashed from the very beginning as a lower tier conference? How low can the Southland go, I thought it was already at the bottom? Yet look who also has a team in the Semis. Hmmmm... xsmhx

HenZoneNation
December 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
First time since 2005 a representative of the CAA isn't in the NC...what do you say we cut the CAA some slack this year? They earned it.

On the flipside, many of the teams who struggled this year are gonna look real good next year. Bet on that.

SouthernMan
December 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
But they are such easy home wins. Please do not take them away from us. Hell I hope 7 get in next year.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 11:03 PM
But they are such easy home wins. Please do not take them away from us. Hell I hope 7 get in next year.

Tell that to App St. I don't think much was easy for GSU about their 1 TD win in a shoot out with ODU or for MSU in their 1 point win over UNH

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump ,
Bumpity Bump Bump,
Look at Frosty go....

Bumpity Bump Bump,
Bumpity Bump Bump,
O'er the fields of snow.

... and Chevy just pleasured himself in his parents bathroom. The things that get people off. I'm disgusted.

TUTigers
December 10th, 2011, 11:43 PM
All i know is Towson isn't overrated. We were predicted to finish dead last in the CAA and then won the conference championship. We were underrated the whole season

TwoFeathers
December 10th, 2011, 11:45 PM
All i know is Towson isn't overrated. We were predicted to finish dead last in the CAA and then won the conference championship. We were underrated the whole season

+1. Amazing turn-around. Too bad they lost that close one to Lehigh, who just got smoked by NDSU.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Honestly, the surest sign that a program or a conference is a success: people trying to get your goat by trumpeting your less-than-stellar year. "Oh look, the CAA only got five teams into the playoffs!" "Oooh, App State didn't four-peat!" etc.

This is just grudging respect hiding behind internet rage.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I think we all know that the CAA is one of the best conferences in the FCS. I was one that said the CAA was down this year, but the problem is that other conferences deserved to have more teams in the playoffs over the CAA. As a result of the idiots at the Sports network and their inability to use statistics and an objective eyeball test to evaluate teams just stayed homers and influenced the selection of teams in the playoffs (as usual). That is the problem. Every conference has up and down years. This is rare for the CAA, but the writing was on the wall. The problem is that TSN did not acknowledge this, and their reporting is used in the selection of teams (according to the committee). It was unfair to several teams, especially Illinois State who was Woffed this year. How could they have selected JMU?

Longhorn
December 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
How could they have selected JMU? Simple answer, because they earned it. JMU was not the last team in this year's playoffs...and JMU proved they deserved their selection by winning on the road in the first round. And the TSN doesn't select playoff teams or influence their selection...the NCAA committee does, using a host of factors, so your argument that other conferences deserved more teams than the CAA is entirely bogus and smacks of sour grapes. Perhaps next year YSU won't screw the pooch by losing their last game of regular season, and then YSU can "earn" their way back into the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
CAA most balance of pretty good teams from top to Bottom of any conference in the land, but several teams better than the CAA's best this year for sure

TwoFeathers
December 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Oh No! Why did anyone respond to this thread again. Now it will give El Penguino something to do again for another 1 day. Crap... now I bumped it up too! Nards!

Go CAA! And Jonathan Grimes was robbed!