PDA

View Full Version : "Gut" feelings.....

mainejeff
November 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Anyone starting to feel good (or bad) about certain teams chances this weekend? I'm starting to have a gut feeling that the CAA will do better than people think........I see the CAA winning 4 out of 5. Also feel good about Stony Brook (not sure that they will win though)......also thinking that Wofford could come away with a win at the dome!

Any others?

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 30th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Anyone starting to feel good (or bad) about certain teams chances this weekend? I'm starting to have a gut feeling that the CAA will do better than people think........I see the CAA winning 4 out of 5. Also feel good about Stony Brook (not sure that they will win though)......also thinking that Wofford could come away with a win at the dome!

Any others?

I like your thoughts and hope your gut feelings are accurate! xthumbsupx

Go CAA and Stony Brook (who may yet be a brethren of both UMaine and UNH in a future reincarnation of the Yankee Conference!). I have to ask, which CAA team is going down this weekend while the other four move on? xeyebrowx

asumike83
November 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM

Go CAA and Stony Brook (who may yet be a brethren of both UMaine and UNH in a future reincarnation of the Yankee Conference!). I have to ask, which CAA team is going down this weekend while the other four move on? xeyebrowx

He was referring to Maine, of course! xtroublex

FargoBison
November 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I really have no idea what is going to happen in that UNH game, almost any result wouldn't surprise me. I expect Wofford-UNI to be a very close game same with Maine-App State. I expect Towson to beat Lehigh, just not sure of the margin. I think SHSU struggles early but then puts SBU away in the late third or fourth quarter.

Now that NDSU has gotten most of the team back to full health, I like the Bison over JMU(things would have been different without a bye). I like GSU over ODU. I like Montana over UCA.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Any others?

Sounds like you have an east coast bias feeling in your gut, despite the fact that you're in San Diego. xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I feel good about saying Stony Brook, Lehigh, and Central Arkansas lose.

I feel decent about saying UNH over Montana State.

Can't help but wonder if I should have picked JMU and ODU to win on Saturday....

UNI-Wofford is a toss up, IMO.

AppMAN04
November 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I had bubble guts earlier after I had my lunch... it was not a good feeling:(

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
And I also did pick Maine to win over App. I don't feel like they are a huge underdog, but still not the favorite pick.

BEAR
November 30th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I would be very proud to see my Bears win in Montana. It's only UCA's second full year in division I football, they're facing a tough road trip against a well established and successful Grizzly team....so my hopes are tempered. Win or lose, UCA fans can be proud of their team for what they have accomplished. I wish it was saturday already! I'm excited to see the other matchups going on saturday also. What a great field of teams is left to battle it out! Only the best have survived this far! Congrats to those who move on past this Saturday!

ccd494
November 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Towson is going to **** all over those frauds from Lehigh.

MplsBison
November 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Tough to pick against home teams in the playoffs. Especially the longer distance games.

Doesn't bode well for the CAA.

MTfan4life
November 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
My gut feeling before the bracket even came out was that if Wofford got placed indoors, they would shock someone. Well that very well could be a possibility. I also have a feeling Sam Houston will just turn heads in their first game. The team that must not be named will recover and handle New Hampshire. Those are just gut feelings though.

ngineer
November 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM

And all this time I thought Maine had class.

ngineer
November 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
My 'gut' tells me the Lehigh is going to soar by 41-20. My head tells me the Mountain Hawks win in a nailbiter, 30-27.

AppMAN04
November 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
My gut feeling tells me JMU rolls!!

ccd494
November 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM

Wow, painting an entire state in one broad brush. I don't care to associate with anyone so small minded. Good day to you, sir.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Not a problem. The have uniforms to match. xcoolx

eagle07
November 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Im going to keep a eye on the wofford/uni game, they are dangerous and uni better be ready, hard to practice the option even with 2 weeks

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 30th, 2011, 10:18 PM

I wouldn't count on it. Lehigh has passed every test and probably should have gone into a few more OT's vs UNH in their only loss, but an official's mistake.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have a gut feeling ODU wins, and wins big. And GSU fans, I correctly predicted you guys to get to the semis last year, so I'm not a "hater". I actually had you in the NC game, losing to App State. I just have that feeling that ODU is going to make some noise this year.

ODU's QB is very talented. He's very athletic, quick, and accurate. He reminds of a poor man's Matt Sczcur when he was in the Wildcat. He will be tough to contain. And ODU's run defense is better than I expected. They're not going to hold GSU under 350 rushing yards, but I still think ODU wins because of turnovers and big 3rd down stops. ODU will be +2 or better in turnover margin, I just have that feeling. I'll be happy if I'm wrong because I hate ODU. Not angry hate, quasi-rivalry hate.

DJKyR0
November 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Our Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator have both said that DJ McNorton is as close to 100% as he's been in a long time. If that's the case, I have so much optimism for NDSU's chances with having healed up some injuries that it's ridiculous. So jacked about some of this news.

MTfan4life
November 30th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't count on it. Lehigh has passed every test and probably should have gone into a few more OT's vs UNH in their only loss, but an official's mistake.

Wasn't that play on first down? If it's incomplete, it's still 2nd and 10. Lehigh had their chance to send it to more overtimes.

ngineer
December 1st, 2011, 12:05 AM
Wow, painting an entire state in one broad brush. I don't care to associate with anyone so small minded. Good day to you, sir.

No, you painted your school all by yourself.

Eaglegus2
December 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
I wish every team the best of luck in each game. I know that someone will win and someone will lose. I hope there isn't any injuries to any players. You have to be proud of your Team for the years success.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2011, 07:29 AM
CAA goes 0 for 5.

MplsBison
December 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Not a problem. The have uniforms to match. xcoolx

How do you know what the *'s mean? He could've been saying "fawn".

Thunderstruck
December 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
My gut feeling is that not one game this weekend will be a complete blowout (4 scores or more). If any game gets that way it should be the SHSU vs SB game. I think we will see competitive football all day on saturday.

ccd494
December 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
No, you painted your school all by yourself.

I SAID "good day."

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 09:43 AM
Gut feeling that the CAA does do better than projected. Towson, UNH and Maine all have good shots at the Wins. I think ODU and JMU playing the underdogs against seeded home teams will be very interesting. Both teams got really hot to end the year and JMU "snuck" into the playoffs. After last year's 7-4 team success, I say JMU makes a run to the semis. I think it would be pretty sick to haver ODU do the same on their side of the bracket and have JMU and ODU matchup in Harrisonburg in the semis (I've heard JMU bid more than ODU to host a semi game)

GannonFan
December 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
The only game I don't think the CAA has a shot in is the ODU/GSU game - that's the only one that would shock me if the CAA won. With that said, I only see UNH and Towson getting through to the next round, but I wouldn't be shocked if any of them other than ODU would win (and the ODU winning would only be shocking considering that I think GSU is the best team in the country and I think ODU matches up awfully against them - I think ODU could give most other teams problems, just not a TO team).

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM

Any others?

My gut feelings is that the CAA will perform exactly how I thought they would and that CAA advocates will be disappointed come this weekend.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
How awesome would it be if NDSU plays only CAA teams all the way? Its possible!

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
every CAA fan is predicting no more that 3 wins, several say 2, alot say one, and some are saying the CAA gets the gooseegg this weekend.... We know this is not the same CAA as say 2 to 3 years ago

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 10:41 AM

Any others?

Not every caa fan. Ive seen a JMU fan predict a semifinalist finish also.

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Not every caa fan. Ive seen a JMU fan predict a semifinalist finish also.

Just saying ... Wouldn't shock me if JMU beat NDSU and Maine took care of App State. Then if Towson beats Lehigh ... you'd be gauranteed at least 1 Semi-Finalist since JMU would play Towson in the quarters.

I think it would be epic if JMU beat NDSU, ODU beat GSU, Maine beat ASU and Towson beat Lehigh. That ENTIRE side of the bracket would be CAA teams lol. Would guarantee 4 in the quartesr, 2 in the semis and 1 in the championship game.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities, either!

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
I have a "gut" feeling, without reading the rest of the posts in this thread, that everyone else's "gut" feelings involve either their team or conference mates playing surprisingly well this weekend.

Apphole
December 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I have a gut feeling that the censorship of this web site is shifting towards its old, fascist ways

asumike83
December 1st, 2011, 11:27 AM
My gut feeling, which incorporates absolutely no conference bias whatsoever, goes like this: all 3 SoCon teams win, ASU takes out GSU before NDSU while Wofford takes out the state of Montana on their way to Frisco. This sets up an all SoCon championship game where ASU exacts revenge on the Terriers.

Just a hunch.

TwoFeathers
December 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM

Gotta be either ODU or JMU, IMO...

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
My 'gut' tells me the Lehigh is going to soar by 41-20. My head tells me the Mountain Hawks win in a nailbiter, 30-27.

What does your big toe tell you?xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
My gut feeling, which incorporates absolutely no conference bias whatsoever, goes like this: all 3 SoCon teams win, the ASU winner takes out GSU before NDSU and Wofford takes out the state of Montana on their way to Frisco. This sets up an all SoCon championship game where ASU exacts revenge on the Terriers.

Just a hunch.

I can find no biases at all in your "hunch."

xlolx

asumike83
December 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
I can find no biases at all in your "hunch."

xlolx

Just trying to be fair and balanced! xpeacex

LEHIGH61
December 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM

Apparently they have no Class.

OL FU
December 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have a gut feeling I will be working on saturday. I guess as much work as I can get done between AGS and ESPN 3:D

LehighGuy
December 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM

You better hope so, because Maine sure as hell won't be representing the CAA after Saturday. App is going to remind you why you should have never left that cesspool of a state in the first place.

Cleets
December 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have a "gut" feeling, without reading the rest of the posts in this thread, that everyone else's "gut" feelings involve either their team or conference mates playing surprisingly well this weekend.

I don't know about that...
but I got a gut feeling that App State knows how to prepare and are going roll

asumike83
December 1st, 2011, 10:56 PM
Man, all this confidence that everyone else seems to have in App is beginning to make me nervous.

We have tons of speed on both sides of the ball and have shown flashes of greatness this season. However, we have been horribly inconsistent and shaky on the offensive line. ASU could come out and roll on Saturday but I am not expecting it. I think it will be a close one which is fine, I just hope our young guys are up to the challenge down the stretch.

AppMAN04
December 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
Cant be nervous... just confident. I just think with all of that talent on both sides and the fact that we are playing at home gives us a huge advantage.. Not saying it will be a blowout but will win easy.

AppMAN04
December 3rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
My gut just told me not to drink any liquor until game time and that JMU,WOFF WIN

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
My gut just told me not to drink any liquor until game time and that JMU,WOFF roll

Roll to what? A loss!

UNI wins also.

AppMAN04
December 3rd, 2011, 07:15 AM
SEE liquor still talking..lol

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Even if every game was a coinflip, it is very unlikely the CAA will win more than 3. I think 2-3 or 1-4 is the most likely.

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Brain says NDSU in a close game 10 or less, gut feeling is similar to the Montana St game last year, McNorton gets healthy and runs NDSU to a comfortable victory.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Brain says NDSU in a close game 10 or less, gut feeling is similar to the Montana St game last year, McNorton gets healthy and runs NDSU to a comfortable victory.

I give that "gut" feeling the thumbs up!!!!!

cbarrier90
December 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
You stole fizzy-lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized so you GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE!

I SAID "good day."

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Even if every game was a coinflip, it is very unlikely the CAA will win more than 3. I think 2-3 or 1-4 is the most likely.

I am a CAA homer and when I checked my bracket I had them going 0 for 5, no way that happens so my bracket is screwed

jmufan999
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM

keeping in mind that only one of our teams is playing at home.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
keeping in mind that only one of our teams is playing at home.

exactly.