PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Central Arkansas

Pages : [1] 2

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
My sign next weekend will read.

"Take your Bear Dick back to Arkansas and put it away until next year".

I also cant wait to hear Bob The Blob Hermes say the following:

"Bobo, Smothers, Dick in the backfield and its a dive, hard up the middle"

"Dick passes to Soft, the ball is tipped and bobbles in his hands.............incomplete"

Grady Bennet: Hey Bob? Do you think Dick is getting rid of it prematurely?

Hermes: You know Grady, you got a good eye for Dick and he seems to be getting a lot of the wrinkles out of his game lately.

"Dick is really running hard today"

"I like how Dick is jamming it up the middle all day, he came to play"

Ronbo
November 26th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Could you be any more drunk and stupid?

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:05 PM
***** yes..................stay tuned.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Dick comes up short as Central Arkansas limps out of WGS.

veinup
November 26th, 2011, 05:07 PM
central arkansas looked good today. a worthy opponent, for sure.

Cleets
November 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Could you be any more drunk and stupid?

Come on, every one of those is PURE GOLD

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Quit acting like Ronbo doenst know dick........................................

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM

I was just surprised he asked someone from Butte if he could be more drunk. Challenge accepted...

A new battle of the Bears! I think the last one was in Orofino a few years back (against the ursines from Maine, of course). It sounded like UCA had an interesting offensive setup/variation; and they won big on the road, so expecting a good game next weekend!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
As pass happy as CArk is they are gonna hate next weekend.

I dont think they match up too well with our DL and we will get some pressure on them without blitzing. If they go 3 and out and we put points on the board this one is going to get out of hand real fast.

GrizzlyEdd
November 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
This thread so reminds me of eGriz.com I fee like I am home.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well just like eGriz, if you dont like it.............dont read it.

Sam_Kats
November 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM
UCA will be a test...I hope the Griz go down.

Hellgate60
November 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM

:(

fencer24
November 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM

What's the color of the sky in your universe?

Seems to me that you could be having more than you could handle with SB.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM

I hope you get Stoned by the Brook................

Sam_Kats
November 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I agree - SB a solid team & should be a good one. Looking forward to it.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
UCA has quietly been a very good team the last few years, much like SUU. I hope they beat the Griz so if my terriers win next week they get another home game

fencer24
November 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well that's not very polite. We were hoping to show you almost as much hospitality as the last time. Almost.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Well that's not very polite. We were hoping to show you almost as much hospitality as the last time. Almost.

I want a home game in the playoffs....if UCA wins we have a chance of hosting a game and not flying to west of the Mississippi for at least 2 games

100%GRIZ
November 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I want a home game in the playoffs....if UCA wins we have a chance of hosting a game and not flying to west of the Mississippi for at least 2 games

Sorry - But you won't be hosting any games! Come on out to Grizzville though - We owe you one!

fencer24
November 26th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Go Wofford, and nip those Panthers!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
All teams from the east should have to travel west of the Mississippi................to keep things equal.

Im all about equality.

Damn it, now this thread is going to get moved to politics.................xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Griz by 21+. Wa-Griz continues to be a Southland graveyard.

Tod
November 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Of the six home games we have had so far this year (all wins), we have won three of them by 21+. A Div. II team, 0-11 UNC, and Weber State in perhaps the best game we've played all year. I wouldn't be quit so confident of such a lopsided score.

GrizBowl
November 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM
***** yes..................stay tuned.

Amen Bro, Griz got this!

GrizzlyEdd
November 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Well just like eGriz, if you dont like it.............dont read it.

That wasn't a smartass remark on my part AG1.... so why the in yo face reply????

Bearkats94
November 26th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Unless they are playing in August.

Live4Griz
November 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Are you referring to a game played in Wa-Griz or Texas?

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Very true that (back in '04). But, the last Southland conference team who came in predicting they'd win at Wa-Griz and that the atmosphere would not be a factor (the threads are still there to be found, I'm sure), was SFA in '09. I believe the ten turnovers committed by the Lumberjacks in that game is still the FCS record.

'04 and '09 have no real bearing here though - I expect this to be a good game - and I'm real curious how our defensive gameplan is being drawn up.

fencer24
November 26th, 2011, 08:53 PM
and I'm real curious how our defensive gameplan is being drawn up.

Hit everyone hard and often.

SeattleGriz
November 26th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Just in case the Southland forgot how inhospitable Montana is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9qWFYJbDU

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Hit everyone hard and often.

So, McSurdy, then. :)

Sam_Kats
November 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Moot point...if we meet up, it will be @ Bowers. 1-0 vs Griz in Texas.

And that's really cool that you guys were able to turn those first FOUR turnovers into 10 pts. Impressive!!

SeattleGriz
November 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM

And that's really cool that you guys were able to turn those first FOUR turnovers into 10 pts. Impressive!!

We will still stomp you guys a new one...if you make it that far.

Dallas Demon
November 26th, 2011, 09:51 PM
We will still stomp you guys a new one...if you make it that far.

Pretty confident statement, as if ya'll have won a few national championships and been to the NC game 7 times out of the last 15 years or so... xnottalkingx

Grizzaholic
November 26th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Pretty confident statement, as if ya'll have won a few national championships and been to the NC game 7 times out of the last 15 years or so... xnottalkingx

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/131/393/ohoq9.jpg?1307465686

Twentysix
November 26th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb and predict 49 to 3.

Dallas Demon
November 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb and predict 49 to 3.

Central Arkansas to win?

Grizzaholic
November 26th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Central Arkansas to win?

Very bold. But if UCA does get up in the first half...let we remember SDSU...

Twentysix
November 26th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Central Arkansas to win?

Southland teams don't generate scores like that against teams that arent crap.

Dallas Demon
November 26th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Southland teams don't generate scores like that against teams that arent crap.

Bold statements from you and others in Bison-land. Remember, you were Division II only a handful of years ago. Certainly understandable coming from fans in Montana, but NDSU hasn't proved it's worth over the years in 1-AA/FCS like others to be boasting so much...

veinup
November 26th, 2011, 11:16 PM
don't think this will be an easy one for the griz.

Grizzaholic
November 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM
It is the playoffs. None are easy.

veinup
November 26th, 2011, 11:26 PM
It is the playoffs. None are easy.

indeed.

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Very bold. But if UCA does get up in the first half...let we remember SDSU...

Even as a Griz fan, I hate remembering that game.

Catbooster
November 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM

Maybe with a last second QB draw? Hermes - "Dick finds a hole and scores! The Griz go down!"

Trying to get back on Alpha's theme here.

Squealofthepig
November 27th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Maybe with a last second QB draw? Hermes - "Dick finds a hole and scores! The Griz go down!"

Trying to get back on Alpha's theme here.

"Dick finds Dixon his tight-end!" Giggity!

BEAR
November 27th, 2011, 01:43 AM
xlolx xrolleyesx Hey more Dick jokes. Haven't heard those ALL year. xrotatehx

As for the Bears, just remember it is only their 2nd year eligible for the playoffs. As a fan I want a win, so do the players I'm sure, but Montana has apparently been bad luck for Southland teams so I'm cautious.

...more on my thoughts about this upcoming game tomorrow. After a 7 hour drive to Cookeville, a game, and a 7 hour drive back....I'm tired. xholyx This getting home at nearly 2 a.m. thing gets tougher every year. xlolx

Grizzlies82
November 27th, 2011, 01:47 AM

As for the Bears, just remember it is only their 2nd year eligible for the playoffs. As a fan I want a win, so do the players I'm sure, but Montana has apparently been bad luck for Southland teams so I'm cautious.

...more on my thoughts about this upcoming game tomorrow. After a 7 hour drive to Cookeville, a game, and a 7 hour drive back....I'm tired. xholyx This getting home at nearly 2 a.m. thing gets tougher every year. xlolx

Well just a book a room and spend the night in Missoula after the game :)
We don't want you falling asleep passing through Wyoming. Safe travels to all!

Grizzaholic
November 27th, 2011, 01:58 AM

Congrats on the win today. Good on ya making the drive. Oh, and if you do end up making the trip up here, PM me or Ursus or post it...and make sure you wear your colors around town.

Got any good dick jokes?

Squeal, I love watching that game. Almost all of the emotions come back...not as many as the 1995 game, but most. I still want to flinch when Andy goes up for the field goal.

veinup
November 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
those playoff highlights damn near brought a tear to my eye. ;_;

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
those playoff highlights damn near brought a tear to my eye. ;_;

What makes a man cry is a RANKED Steve F. Austin team down 38-0 at the half...
They looked like the most unprepared poorly coached talentless clowns to ever walk on a play-off field (and we know that just isn't true) but that's what they looked like

That was a terrible afternoon for Southland football - ending at 51 - 0

KNUTS
November 28th, 2011, 12:25 AM
If any of the UCA players want to know things to do and places to hit up while in town. They should get ahold of Moses and a few of the other SFA players from that 09 game.

Grizzaholic
November 28th, 2011, 12:53 AM
If any of the UCA players want to know things to do and places to hit up while in town. They should get ahold of Moses and a few of the other SFA players from that 09 game.

Note to UCA fans. DO NOT MEET UP WITH KNUTS. He has a bad influence on others.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/dar-tuesday-29.jpg?w=499&h=352

GridCaptain
November 28th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Montana in a walk. This team has serious chops and is one of my finalists picks this year along with Georgia Southern.

Silenoz
November 29th, 2011, 05:19 PM

Almost as cool as SFA embarrassing themselves two years in a row. Payton winner my ***

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Almost as cool as SFA embarrassing themselves two years in a row. Payton winner my ***

You gotta love a guy trying to trash a 51-0 win. Who cares how many points we turned the first four into, they were happy to give us six more. xlolx

Grizzaholic
November 29th, 2011, 10:08 PM
You gotta love a guy trying to trash a 51-0 win. Who cares how many points we turned the first four into, they were happy to give us six more. xlolx

But what about that SFA Off.....well they turned the ball over but kept the Griz out of the endz.....hummmm.. I got nothing.

Squealofthepig
November 30th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm torn... visit folks tailgating or get in to Wa-Griz and do a timelapse of Wa-Griz filling up before heading to my seat. Decisions, decisions.

Grizzlies82
November 30th, 2011, 11:20 PM
A time lapse shot of the stadium filling would be cool. However, it just seems wrong to skip a playoff tailgate... there might be beer available!

KNUTS
November 30th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I'm torn... visit folks tailgating or get in to Wa-Griz and do a timelapse of Wa-Griz filling up before heading to my seat. Decisions, decisions.

For selfish reasons I say time lapse!!

Grizzaholic
November 30th, 2011, 11:51 PM
For selfish reasons I say time lapse!!

Way to put in your 3 pesos.

TheRevSFA
December 1st, 2011, 07:09 AM

Yep getting destroyed by the defending NC is pretty embarassing...especially when we were up on them.

Anyways..go Ursine animal....

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Way to put in your 3 pesos.

I am sorry, but your avatar makes me feel like I have to go to the bathroom

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2011, 07:41 AM
Grizz: 41-13

Bearkat-Backer
December 1st, 2011, 08:30 AM
UCA: 35-34

Grizcountry420
December 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
UCA: 35-34

Dont see UCA scoring that many points, let alone beating us at home. Montana has only given up 27 points in the last 3 games.. The score is probably gonna be around 41-13 Montana. Our D Coord is no slouch..

344Johnson
December 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Montana: A lot
UCA: Not a lot.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
49-3 Grizzly mouthed girls.

BEAR
December 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Ursus: 35
Ursus: 31

Grizzaholic
December 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
I am sorry, but your avatar makes me feel like I have to go to the bathroom

Why? Makes me want to go get a beer with TJ.

BEAR
December 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Why? Makes me want to go get a beer with TJ.

Man you're approaching 8,000 posts! You have to celebrate that! xlolx

Grizzaholic
December 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Man you're approaching 8,000 posts! You have to celebrate that! xlolx

Really? I don't care about post counts but post threads about them because Ursus loves them so much.

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM

I'm not sure how you were planning to do the time-lapse video, but maybe this will help with your decision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ87sZwNGyg

BEAR
December 2nd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Saw a photo of Montana Wash-Griz stadium today: Doesn't look too cold. But then again it was 26 degrees here the other day...odd for this time of year...an omen? Who knows.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388106_10150382599381580_111051716579_8825032_2113 766446_n.jpg

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the weather here shouldn't be a factor. Should be 22-24 gametime, under sunny, non-windy skies. Guess we'll just have to rely on our players instead of the weather. :)

boonegoon
December 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Is the MO bar still around?

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Is the MO bar still around?

Yep.. Its not going anywhere anytime soonxthumbsupx

BEAR
December 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I've heard alot about "moose drool"...anyone got a recipe? On another note, our weatherman in Little Rock used to do weather in Missoula. Todd Yakobian (sp?) He told us all the places to go while visiting. Nice. Small world.

Todd's journey to KATV began immediately after he graduated Little Rock Catholic High School in 1992. In 1996 he graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a degree in broadcast journalism. He continued his education in meteorology at Mississippi State University where he was certified as a broadcast meteorologist by the Department of Geoscience and Meteorology. Todd took his first television job in Missoula, Montana as the morning meteorologist then the chief meteorologist. He says he will never forget his first winter up north, where 111 inches of snow fell. He learned how to snow ski and fly fish.

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Saw a photo of Montana Wash-Griz stadium today: Doesn't look too cold. But then again it was 26 degrees here the other day...odd for this time of year...an omen? Who knows.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388106_10150382599381580_111051716579_8825032_2113 766446_n.jpg

Looks like they're huffing some wind..

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
I've heard alot about "moose drool"...anyone got a recipe? On another note, our weatherman in Little Rock used to do weather in Missoula. Todd Yakobian (sp?) He told us all the places to go while visiting. Nice.

Moose Drool isnt very good. They market the hell out of it to out of state folks. There's a place called The Kettlehouse and they brew up great brews. My fav is their Cold Smoke Scotch Ale.. It makes me thursty just thinking about it... Missoula is a great place to visit if your a beer connoisseurxthumbsupx

BEAR
December 2nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Looks like they're huffing some wind..

Yeah...thin air? Better open them lungs. xlolx

BEAR
December 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Moose Drool isnt very good. They market the hell out of it to out of state folks. There's a place called The Kettlehouse and they brew up great brews. My fav is their Cold Smoke Scotch Ale.. It makes me thursty just thinking about it... Missoula is a great place to visit if your a beer connoisseurxthumbsupx

Sure sounds like it. Went to Germany a couple of years ago. The locals all lauged at the foreigners who ordered bud lights....I asked for the local favorite...that is all I remember. Yeah, good times I'll probably never have a memory of xlolx

Cleets
December 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM

Yeah I was in Westwood California and saw a HUGE 53 foot trailer with Moose Drool on it....covered the entire thing
Who picked up the distribution rights for that..? Miller or Bud..?
Because it's gone big time

53 feet of this...
http://www.goodmorningbirmingham.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Moose-Drool.jpg

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
It's not thin air; Missoula is only about 1700 feet higher than Fayetteville. Yeah, if you climb Stuart Peak (8000 feet) or South Lolo (9192), you'll get some thinner air (and a bunch of snow). At 3100 feet, Missoula is actually one of the lowest big sky towns. Flagstaff, Arizona (home to NAU) is at more than twice the elevation (6,910).

Dallas Demon
December 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM

I can get Moose Drool at the nearest intersection from my house. It is no longer an unknown "local" beer.

tanagriz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
And I went to college in Missoula and I LIKE moosedrool damnit!! And I can get it here in Chicago...which is a WIN.

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
And I went to college in Missoula and I LIKE moosedrool damnit!! And I can get it here in Chicago...which is a WIN.

Yeah, but you can't get Slow Elk. While I can get it by the growler. Neener.

tanagriz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
*sigh* Yes, but who introduced you to slow elk and all things Big Sky Brewing to start? Give props where they are due!

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
You guys gotta try Cold Smoke. They even make it in a 16oz can for all the outdoorsy people. Best beer ever.. A beer that i can never get my hands on unless i go over to Spokanistan or Seattle area is called Mac n Jacs African Ale, thats really good too..

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM

Bobo's Porter is another fine beer Big Sky makes alsoxthumbsupx

tanagriz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
And I'd very much like a Griz win on Saturday. It always makes such a wonderful birthday present!!

tanagriz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
You guys gotta try Cold Smoke. They even make it in a 16oz can for all the outdoorsy people. Best beer ever.. A beer that i can never get my hands on unless i go over to Spokanistan or Seattle area is called Mac n Jacs African Ale, thats really good too..

Can I get Cold Smoke in Chicago? Cause if I can't I'm doomed. I'm happy to see my microbrew options expanding, but this town is notorious for drinking crappy rice beer.

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
*sigh* Yes, but who introduced you to slow elk and all things Big Sky Brewing to start? Give props where they are due!

Fair enough. I'll have a deep-fried sammy at the game for ya tomorrow.

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Bobo's Porter is another fine beer Big Sky makes alsoxthumbsupx

Agree, though it seems like it's available for about one week a year in stores (last time I found it was in Dillon, of all places).

Will try the Cold Smoke next time I'm drivin' through Spokane. Thanks for the tip!

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
I've heard alot about "moose drool"...anyone got a recipe? On another note, our weatherman in Little Rock used to do weather in Missoula. Todd Yakobian (sp?) He told us all the places to go while visiting. Nice. Small world.

Moose Drool is Big Sky's Brown Ale. Nothing that special.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM

Had the bourbon barrel Coldsmoke when we were out there last month. Great stuff!

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2011, 03:45 PM

I picked up a 6 of Slow Elk for out last tailgate in Cedar Falls. Big Sky isn't that tough to get.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Can I get Cold Smoke in Chicago? Cause if I can't I'm doomed. I'm happy to see my microbrew options expanding, but this town is notorious for drinking crappy rice beer.

I saw an ad on a Blackhawks game. I think the place was called Binny's Beverage Depot. Hit the website, and the place is LOADED with microbrews. 80 some stouts alone. Check there.

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 03:47 PM

I couldnt find a distributor in that area.. They even make 8 packs of 16oz cans too.

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
I picked up a 6 of Slow Elk for out last tailgate in Cedar Falls. Big Sky isn't that tough to get.

Your right. Big Sky Brewery has really branched out throughout the nation.

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
I saw an ad on a Blackhawks game. I think the place was called Binny's Beverage Depot. Hit the website, and the place is LOADED with microbrews. 80 some stouts alone. Check there.

Tanagriz is familiar with Binny's and will check that lead out, I'm sure.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I do love a good underdog story but I think this one could get ugly.

34-10 Grizz

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
They even make 8 packs of 16oz cans too.

This is why Big Sky is LOVED by packers in the Bob Marshall Wilderness; you can't pack in glass, but every mule train you see will probably be carrying some Trout Slayer or Slow Elk.

tanagriz
December 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Yes, very familiar with Binny's. The problem is my husband is resistant to trying new beers, so I usually stick with our mainstays. I may have to force him to branch out a bit more. Squeal is familiar with my dilemma there.

Grizcountry420
December 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
This is why Big Sky is LOVED by packers in the Bob Marshall Wilderness; you can't pack in glass, but every mule train you see will probably be carrying some Trout Slayer or Slow Elk.

Big Sky cans beers but they are in the 12oz cans. Kettlehouse cans are 16oz and normally sold in a 4 back but yeah they are starting to think outside the box by canning crafted beers..

Jayjord
December 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM

Somebody send me some cold smoke in billings...these assholes over here don't sell it anywhere

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM

I know guys from Mississippi who knew what Moose Drool was when I brought it up

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
I know guys from Mississippi who knew what Moose Drool was when I brought it up

That's only appropriate, given Mississippi held onto their open container law as long as Montana did. :)

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Yes, very familiar with Binny's. The problem is my husband is resistant to trying new beers, so I usually stick with our mainstays. I may have to force him to branch out a bit more. Squeal is familiar with my dilemma there.
Tell him to.grow a pair. :)

My wife and I try so many beers we started a list to remember what we tried and if we liked it. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
CSJ Preview:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/130-an-fcs-history-lesson-for-sam-houston-state

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Weather shouldn't be an obstacle, but "30 to 32 degrees" is pretty off. Should be 23-27 degrees during gametime. Still, shouldn't be a factor, and I was hoping for single digit temperatures tomorrow.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Weather shouldn't be an obstacle, but "30 to 32 degrees" is pretty off. Should be 23-27 degrees during gametime. Still, shouldn't be a factor, and I was hoping for single digit temperatures tomorrow.

Perfect storm brewing? You getting nervous?

Grizzaholic
December 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM

no

Dallas Demon
December 2nd, 2011, 10:55 PM

That is balmy indeed. There's already been a snow in Arkansas (last week), and we're expecting snow/ice in the Dallas area on Monday. Bring out the shorts and t-shirts for the game tomorrow!

SeattleGriz
December 2nd, 2011, 11:07 PM

After a year away from the playoffs, I am absolutely fired up right now!! Can't wait for tomorrow. I have already warned the family I will be 100% worthless (not far from norm) from 9am to 5pm.

Go Griz!

Squealofthepig
December 2nd, 2011, 11:17 PM

Nahh. Just being greedy. Wa-Griz atmosphere is at its best when the players are in short sleeves with single digit temperatures and a raucous crowd.

Snow is welcome. I've been snowed on all but two months of the year this year - and July cut it close (as I was snowed on in The Bob on August 1st while climbing around on Scapegoat Mountain).

Griz4ever
December 3rd, 2011, 12:01 AM

You guys are missing the best one..Try any of the Bayern Brewery beers Montana only and crafted by a true Bavarian Brewmeister...

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 12:05 AM
You guys are missing the best one..Try any of the Bayern Brewery beers Montana only and crafted by a true Bavarian Brewmeister...

I used to live three blocks from Bayern in college and was so glad during Octoberfest. The triple boch was fantastic. Stumble home goodness.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 12:25 AM
cold smoke is missoula's best beer, hands down. moosedrool is weak, WEAK in comparison.

Grizzaholic
December 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
cold smoke is missoula's best beer, hands down. moosedrool is weak, WEAK in comparison.

haha

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
haha

that wasn't a joke!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
quick question: do i have to have some kind of account to watch espn3 ****z, or can i just get on and go?

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
quick question: do i have to have some kind of account to watch espn3 ****z, or can i just get on and go?

If your ISP has espn3 you can just click a video.

If they do not you need to have the log in information from a friend whos ISP does support it. (typically their ISP based email address and pw.)

Grizzaholic
December 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
that wasn't a joke!

I was laughing AT you.

Grizzaholic
December 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM

3 choices.

1) Go to the game
2) Go to a bar to watch the game
3) Get gameplan for 25 bucks and watch all of the games at home.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
3 choices.

1) Go to the game
2) Go to a bar to watch the game
3) Get gameplan for 25 bucks and watch all of the games at home.

Or log into espn3 using the ISP work around. Montana noobs. xsmhx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
i'm in seattle, my ISP will let me watch it on ESPN3. i just have no prior experience with that service, was wondering if i'd have to "sign up" or something..

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
i'm in seattle, my ISP will let me watch it on ESPN3. i just have no prior experience with that service, was wondering if i'd have to "sign up" or something..

No you would not have to sign up.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
well in that case, my body is ready. as far as i'm concerned montana's season has already been a success. trashed the cats, got our hands back on the conference championship, made the playoffs. i'm predicting a griz win today (obviously), but even if we lose, i'll still be proud of my team. everything from here on out is icing on the cake for me.

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM

No, just make sure your Adobe Flash is the latest version (V11.xx). For some reason, I had V10 and my crap kept crashing. V11 solved everything.

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Or log into espn3 using the ISP work around. Montana noobs. xsmhx

Yeah because North Dakota is the cradle of ****ing civilization. Montana has probably had internet longer than NoDak has had electricity.

I tried to buy the games for today but Comcast's price (I'm in Washington state) is $117.00, to which is said no way I'm paying that, so I'll go drink $25 worth of beer at the bar instead.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah because North Dakota is the cradle of ****ing civilization. Montana has probably had internet longer than NoDak has had electricity.

I tried to buy the games for today but Comcast's price (I'm in Washington state) is $117.00, to which is said no way I'm paying that, so I'll go drink $25 worth of beer at the bar instead.

You have a computer and comcast... espn3 is free....... buy a dvi to hdmi cable.... or just us a vga.

CopperCat
December 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
You have a computer and comcast... espn3 is free....... buy a dvi to hdmi cable.... or just us a vga.

I've got some buds I'm meeting up with at the bar, but that was the original plan.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
It's GAMETIME! GO BEARS!

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
What I like about this game is:

1) If we lose, then we get to see what it takes to move on in the playoffs. Valuable insight.
2) If we win, then we move on. No lose situation there. LOL

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
But I can't wait to watch all the games today. What a field!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
feels like a really long time since i saw a griz playoff game. i've been waiting forever. barely slept last night. LETS DO THIS.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
C'mon ESPN3! Hurry UP!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
six minutes till kickoff by my watch. i'm opening beer number one. it's only number one because i have to be at work an hour after the game. :(

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
It's ON!

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
WHY are the stands empty?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
generally alcohol is to blame

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Do they fill up later? Not trying to be rude, but if it's anything like UCA games, they tend to fill up during the first quarter...after the cups flow...LOL

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
This is a nice measuring stick for us. Let's go BEARS!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
it's filling up as we speak.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Oh what a hit!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
biiiiiiiig mistake bears.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
antwon moutra ready to play.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
brody mcknight FG., 3-0 montana.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Nice plays by Montana. Defense held though. Minus that stupid mistake by Grandy...it's early. xlolx

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Nice punt!

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
2 turnovers.....blah

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
another turnover for da bears. if griz don't make 7 out of this i will be upset k.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
moutra getting alot of attention. any of you grizzle fans see if jabin sambrano is out? saw him limp off earlier but they haven't mentioned it.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Defense?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
okay, that answers my question. :D
sambrano touchdown, 10-0 montana.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like usual UCA football. Slow start. Two turnovers lead to 10 points. Been here before. Can't give the Grizz those...

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
little bit of redemption for grandy there. heh.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
DAMN kanongatatata~

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
TRUMAINE JOHNSON CONTINUES TO TAZE *****ES

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
THE SFA CURSE

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Trick plays. YIKES

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
peter nguyen TD, 17-0 griz pending extra point.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Wow. 3 turnovers= 3 scores. sigh

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
i think i just saw my ex girlfriend in the student section, this could be a curse

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
**** luck for CAU so far. seems like they've got the ability to move the ball against us.. but they just keep turning it over.

BEAR
i think i just saw my ex girlfriend in the student section, this could be a curse

xlolx xlolx

lionsrking2
Wow. 3 turnovers= 3 scores. sigh

Now you know how we felt at your place.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
**** luck for CAU so far. seems like they've got the ability to move the ball against us.. but they just keep turning it over.

Who's CAU? Oh you mean UCA....xlolx Moving the ball will do no good against Montana..gotta get those points.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Please no bubble screens. LOL

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
DANG HOUSTON.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
Well....we have a punter.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
another great punt from the bears.. griz ball on the one

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Dang...those third downs killed us last week....

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
*wipes sweat from forehead*

Phrebert
December 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Nice Punt...now we actually have to work at scoring...xlolx
OOPS

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
jordan johnson interception. not a great decision buddy.. :\

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
INT....Go BEARS

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Wide open! Overthrown...easy TD...geez Nathan!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
admirable attempt there, bears.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Nice D by the grizzlies..nice hold.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Alright..I feel better about our offense. We can move the ball...we're just killing ourselves...but that won't last all game.
Our defense has got to stop on 3rd down!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
.we're just killing ourselves...but that won't last all game.

agreed. y'all are gonna get something going sooner or later. unless griz d just says no. ;)

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
WHY are the stands empty?

Having watched a couple games on ESPN3, they film the introductions before most of the fans are in the seats. Obviously, I am trying to say the pregame is not live.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
I guess running sideways is the new style of running...LOL

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
getting yards never goes outta style

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Having watched a couple games on ESPN3, they film the introductions before most of the fans are in the seats. Obviously, I am trying to say the pregame is not live.

Makes sense. Certainly NOT empty now.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
24-0 will be the back breaker.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
i dunno about that, but as ESPN dude just said.... "these guys are smelling blood".

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
THAT did it.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
jordan canada TD run, 24-0 griz.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
So....who else is playing?! xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
ryan featherston smells the dick

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
uh oh...a third down...

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
INT...come on Bears! A flag...

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
JJ throws another INT, second this game, think that might be a record for him.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Finally...a punt...xlolx

veinup
bears definitely starting to get after jordy right now.

BEAR
Nice punt.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
how can these announcers keep not noticing who trumaine johnson is? really guys?

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Run plays...really?

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Was that a guy or girl? xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
my main concern right now is the pressure central arkansas is getting on jordan johnson. he's taken a couple rough hits. kid is injury prone.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Jordan Johnson is throwing ropes....Don't worry about him.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Oh... My... god...

(Ugh)

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Jordan Johnson is throwing ropes....Don't worry about him.

as he has been the past several games. i'm not worried about his passing ability, i'm worried about his ability to get himself up off the ground after he gets knocked on his *** ten more times. you know, still a half of football left, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we might need him around in a quarterfinal game. ;)

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
so what halftimes adjustments are going to be made, bears?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
uca coach looking a bit perplexed.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
jordan canada TD run, 38-0 montana. "central arkansas being handed it's hat and coat".

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Almost unwatchable at this point

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
not for me, man. not for me.

Phrebert
December 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Time to get back to work...Good game Griz

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
dirty mcsurdy picks up another UCA fumble.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
take jordan johnson out of the game.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
jesse grandy gets UCA on the board on a long play action pass. 38-7 montana.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
gerald kemp (tazed kid #2) runs for a first down.

gerald eating up yards.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
brody mcknight FG, 41-7 MT, fourth quarter.

dgreco
December 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
How much time left? ESPN scorecenter is all messed up.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
11:21 left. UCA 0/8 on 3rd down conversions.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
0-8 on third downs for UCA....unreal.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
"1) If we lose, then we get to see what it takes to move on in the playoffs. Valuable insight."

looks like we'll be going with #1 of what you like about this game..

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
good call to take jordy out and put nate montana in.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Trash time xlolx

BEAR
"1) If we lose, then we get to see what it takes to move on in the playoffs. Valuable insight."

looks like we'll be going with #1 of what you like about this game..

Ya think?...xlolx

BEAR
THrow the flag on 86!

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Dam* he looks like Joe Montana! xlolx

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Looks like Montana is losing linemen....

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Alright Nathan...let's get some trash points...xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Alright Nathan...let's get some trash points...xlolx

it'll happen. ;)

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
Woooo hooooo against the freshmen! xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
CA converts their first third down with five minutes remaining.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
TD UCA! Nice trash time catch...xlolx

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
what if UCA had just played against the griz 2nd unit the entire game? things could've been different!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
mannnnnnn i wish i was in missoula right now. :(

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
dennard hit that one!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
defo

dgreco
December 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
score/time?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
nate montana taking a knee for montana. game over. 41-14 UM final.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
That bad start for the Bears was the big difference in this game. Those huge o-linemen eventually wore down the defense that had been on the field all game. What was it? 95 offensive plays for Montana....50 for UCA? xlolx. Lack of third down conversion for UCA was huge too. Great game Montana. You deserved this win anyway!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:14 PM
UCABEAR, way to hang in and watch the game till the end. + rep for you. winning at Wa-Griz is never easy. that first quarter was brutal for you guys. today just wasn't your day, but i look forward to your program getting more playoff games in the future.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I don't think you'll see too many bad games like that from UCA. Next year will be tough without Nathan Dick and most of the o-line. Yeah, that first quarter's turnovers really took the wind out. Add to that the inability to move the ball on third down...makes for a combination that adds up to a "L".

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Anybody know where I can see some game stats?

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
I don't think you'll see too many bad games like that from UCA. Next year will be tough without Nathan Dick and most of the o-line. Yeah, that first quarter's turnovers really took the wind out. Add to that the inability to move the ball on third down...makes for a combination that adds up to a "L".

Congratulations UCABear on your year. Always great to see a new team step up and make the FCS stronger.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
i'd say look at montanagrizzlies.com within the next twenty minutes.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
espn's box score: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313370149

Agree on the first quarter; you started strong, forcing a three and out (as an illegal formation negated our first down on our opening drive)... then turned the ball over on the punt. It was 17-0 after the first quarter (with all points coming off turnovers), and that's a hard hole to put yourself in.

I thought the Bears did really well in the environment; I think there were only 2 false start penalties on the Bears, and one of those looked more like miscommunication than crowd noise. Your punter also had one hell of a day, and kicked the hell out of the ball. Dick looks to be a great quarterback, we got lucky with some well-thrown balls that were dropped.

Griz passing was a bit of a question mark. While we did running back by committee, some of our passing plays - especially the two pics that were thrown into double and then triple coverage - really left some of us scratching our heads.

Grats on a good season and coming this far this quickly - it looks like you guys have a lot to be proud of, and I hope your fans who made the trip to Missoula had a good time despite the loss!

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
Nice way to sum it up. The noise or the cold apparently didn't have an affect on the team as there were very few flags for motion. I think what got us was the 3 down conversions at critical times in the game. Run game held to 25 yards. Defense wore out by big nasty linemen. Montana was the better team but I think UCA hurt itself greatly in the first quarter. Some observations:

I'm not sure Grandy touched the punt by Montana but it was hard to tell on espn3. Anybody see that for sure? Not that it matters in the end but replays showed he didn't touch it just reached for it. I guess I'll see on the coaches show and replays on channel 6 here.

The Montana TD in the endzone that flew out of bounds after the catch...or whatever that was. Was it a catch. They didn't replay it to tell if it was. Again, no biggie just wondering what the ref saw.

Loved seeing the d-linemen pushing Nathan in the first quarter after the play. He came up on him like 3 seperate times after the play. I was laughing so hard in disbelief. I wanted Nathan to "flop" like they do in the NBA to get a flag. xlolx Just kidding.

Enjoyable game and well predicted by Montana fans...oh and I also saw where Montana State slipped by UNH...good football there in Montana!

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
good football there in Montana!

And Carroll College (Helena) won in their NAIA playoff game today too, and will play Saint Xavier in that championship division. Carroll is the reigning NAIA champ.

WyomingGrizFan
December 4th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Anybody know where I can see some game stats?

http://www.missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-whip-central-arkansas/article_cd3e58d0-1dd9-11e1-892a-001871e3ce6c.html

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Nice way to sum it up. The noise or the cold apparently didn't have an affect on the team as there were very few flags for motion. I think what got us was the 3 down conversions at critical times in the game. Run game held to 25 yards. Defense wore out by big nasty linemen. Montana was the better team but I think UCA hurt itself greatly in the first quarter. Some observations:

I'm not sure Grandy touched the punt by Montana but it was hard to tell on espn3. Anybody see that for sure? Not that it matters in the end but replays showed he didn't touch it just reached for it. I guess I'll see on the coaches show and replays on channel 6 here.

The Montana TD in the endzone that flew out of bounds after the catch...or whatever that was. Was it a catch. They didn't replay it to tell if it was. Again, no biggie just wondering what the ref saw.

Loved seeing the d-linemen pushing Nathan in the first quarter after the play. He came up on him like 3 seperate times after the play. I was laughing so hard in disbelief. I wanted Nathan to "flop" like they do in the NBA to get a flag. xlolx Just kidding.

Enjoyable game and well predicted by Montana fans...oh and I also saw where Montana State slipped by UNH...good football there in Montana!

Sure didn't look like a TD but...who knows. Only showed 2 replays I think.

The UCA fans that I met were great. Nothing but good things to say about the town/fans.