PDA

View Full Version : JMU @ NDSU Talk

Pages : [1] 2

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
JMU makes it official and will head to Fargo next Saturday. What's the scoop?

I thought JMU's line play, for how much it was touted pre-game, looked pretty soft. EKU's big sophomore lineman was living next to JMU's QB, and one has to think a pretty good NDSU defensive line can have some success. Curious about JMU's right tackle and how good he is - our best pass rusher is DE #92 Coulter Boyer, so that will be a big matchup on the line. Really like what I saw in JMU's run defense, looked pretty stout. Bison will have a challenge in rushing the football, but we've faced some good run D's.

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday.

jmufan999
November 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
This was definitely not our best game. We get our LT back next week (he was "available" for today's game) and I would be shocked if we didn't play at least somewhat better.

JmuSkinsfan
November 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
We lost AJ Scott at the end of the first half against ODU. He could have played today in case of an emergency, but was sat as a precaution. Should be back to start next week ... but he is a stud on the line. I think right now we are starting a Sr. (C), Jr. (G), and at least 2 if not 3 freshmen on the line. That has been the case for most of the year except we lost our 2 starting OTs against ODU, one for the season and the other Scott, who should be back next week.

But to answer your question, yes, our OL is much better than it played today, though the last few drives opened up some holes. I know EKU's strength was against the run ... and they played both Anderson and Scott very well, although Thorpe was able to have some solid runs to keep them honest. JMU usually doesn't throw as much as they did today, but like people have said, when we do throw we are very efficient.

jmu007
November 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well... nevermind, looks like I need to type faster.

What they say.

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
In that case, keep an eye on NDSU DE #53 Kyle Emanuel. Starting as a rFR at DE after being recruited as a LB out of Nebraska, kid is touted as being pound-for-pound the strongest kid on the team and has played like a beast at times this year. We like to rotate a lot of guys on the line to keep everybody fresh and substitute a lot of situational guys inside, including last year's starting DE #98 Scott Stoczynski in passing situations. We can get a lot of variable coverages with our defensive line and that's opened up some very good secondary play for the Bison this season.

Your guy Thorpe reminds me a lot of UNI's Tirrell Rennie, with maybe a faster running game but a little slack on the pass. The matchup between your guys's top receiver (who's '5, right?) will be something to watch as 6' CB Marcus Williams goes to work on him. Williams is tied at the top of the FCS leaderboards in interceptions and has 3 pick-sixes on the season. Special teams will be another area of focus as both teams seem to have plenty of speed across the board.

Our O-line is a little beat up with starters Richard and Gimmestad at least questionable for the game. D-line gets one of our better run-stoppers back in Ryan Drevlow, which will obviously be crucial against a team that favors the run like JMU.

While I like the Bison in the matchup, should be a good game regardless.

Wildcat80
November 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM
JMU was unimpressive. If they play like that next week they are gone.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I don't think we targeted Sr. TE Barlow at all in this game vs. EKU, but he is one of our biggest weapons on offense in the passing game. Great hands and can pcik up 7-15 yd gains when needed. Still, the less we pass, the better we play. Although we always have 3-5 "We need to pass more!" threads at any given time on CAAZone.

I have no reason not to think the Bison will live in the JMU backfield if they try to get after the QB. However, if you show too much pressure, a screen or even a misdirection run could be the counter that goes for a big gain. Normally we have a lot of runs get stuffed at the line or for 1-2 yd gains, but then we break runs for 10+ yards too. So it's tricky to know whether you are playing well against the run or not against JMU. Today was a perfect example as JMU ran for well over 200 yards, but it seemed like we were getting no where against a solid EKU run defense.

NDSU should be heavily favored, especially following the bye. JMU needs to play a lot better next week if they want to come close to winning in Fargo. I loved the heart our players showed though in a gutsy win down the stretch.

JmuSkinsfan
November 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM

You won't find any JMU fans disagreeing with that statement. Although, that is the strangest nail-biting 3 point win I've seen in a long time. JMU had twice the first downs, twice the total yards, and dominated the time of posession. JMU was even +1 in the turnover margin. Not really sure how that game was as close as it was? Oh well, a win is a win, and I guess wind can be the great nuetralizer, even if JMU is not much of a passing team.

Props to EKU for dominating the JMU offensive line for the first 3 quarters. You could tell they started to get tired in the 4th when JMU had those two long, sustained drives. JMU should be better simply because of the return of LT AJ SCott.

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I loved the heart our players showed though in a gutsy win down the stretch.

Very true and I agree - any team could've let themselves be broken by that 10-point turnaround of the questionable FG called no good and the TD allowed to EKU. The Dukes hung in there and there's something to be said for a 13-point rally on the road. EKU played better than I expected, and that lends some credit to the Dukes.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Win or lose, we are pretty used to ugly games anyway. It's kind of how we roll... If we make next week's game look ugly, win or lose, I'll consider that a win (that is, unless it a rout by the home team - not looking for that kind of ugly). Remember, we beat Central Connecticut at HOME by the score of only 14-9!!

Cleets
November 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
The NDSU smack coming this week should be EPIC..!!!
I mean seriously - I'll be sadly disappointed with anything less than a TOTAL SMACK fest

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The NDSU smack coming this week should be EPIC..!!!
I mean seriously - I'll be sadly disappointed with anything less than a TOTAL SMACK fest

If Thorpe can throw the ball half as well as he can smoke dope we're in trouble.

Boom!

NDB
November 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I thought the score would have been HIGHer.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
If Thorpe can throw the ball half as well as he can smoke dope we're in trouble.

Boom!

I think he lights up our secondary.

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM

No way he comes into our joint and smokes us.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM
No way he comes into our joint and smokes us.

That would be dubie-ous

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
After watching the EKU game, I have to hand it to him...the kid can take a hit.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM

The offense should have quite a SPARK, In other words, BLAZIN!

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM

This one is my favorite.

Longhorn
November 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Let's see, 24 first downs to 8, 244 yards rushing to 119, 149 passing to 94, 393 total offensive yards to 213, 7 of 18 3rd down conversions, 40:30 to 19:30 time of possession, playing on the road coming back against a team hyped to make a statement against the CAA and FCS field at large. Yep, there's lots of ways to describe this game, but "unimpressive" isn't one of them. I think I'll just go with "winner"....and I'll take the same stats and outcome next week against NDSU.

Congrats to EKU on a fine season and an exciting game!

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 04:16 PM
The offense should have quite a SPARK, In other words, BLAZIN!

Damn it, I was gonna use spark.

Oh well, they should be weeded out of the playoffs next week.

Longhorn
November 26th, 2011, 04:18 PM
You won't find any JMU fans disagreeing with that statement.

Wrong.

Engineer86
November 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Let's see, 24 first downs to 8, 244 yards rushing to 119, 149 passing to 94, 393 total offensive yards to 213, 7 of 18 3rd down conversions, 40:30 to 19:30 time of possession, playing on the road coming back against a team hyped to make a statement against the CAA and FCS field at large. Yep, there's lots of ways to describe this game, but "unimpressive" isn't one of them. I think I'll just go with "winner"....and I'll take the same stats and outcome next week against NDSU.

Congrats to EKU on a fine season and an exciting game!

I wont argue the stats and the most important one is the score. I think what most people are referring to is the "eye" test. Watching the game, I am surprised the stats were so lopsided. The game did not looks so lopsided and I expect JMU can look much better. I agree with the comment on this being a great comeback after losing that FG and then giving up the long run. That was a gutsy comeback.

Cleets
November 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Damn it, I was gonna use spark.

Oh well, they should be weeded out of the playoffs next week.

This has been impressive gentlemen - ounce for ounce - you guys really tilt the scales in your favor

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
This has been impressive gentlemen - ounce for ounce - you guys really tilt the scales in your favor

Any way you hash it, it's just a pipe dream if they think they can come into our house and beat the tar out of us.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Any way you hash it, it's just a pipe dream if they think they can come into our house and beat the tar out of us.

One overlooked fact. Astroturf doesn't look like natural grass, without that distraction he may see some focus.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Will they be flying in or bussing? Can a bus drive that far?

JMUNJ08
November 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Will they be flying in or bussing? Can a bus drive that far?

We will be flying high up to Fargo. No paved roads up there for a bus anyways...

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM
One overlooked fact. Astroturf doesn't look like natural grass, without that distraction he may see some focus.
Yeah, but as I understand it he plays much better on grass. :D

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM
JMU has the athletes and the talent to make this one a game, IMO. NDSU should win, and considerably, but I think this game will be a lot like the UNH/UNI game of 2007. JMU has too much talent here to get blown out. I'd much rather have drawn anyone else left besides JMU. I think they'll be able to contain NDSU's offense, but I just think JMU's offense is bad so NDSU should win.

TwoFeathers
November 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I don't think JMU looked that good today. The rushing attack was a bit hap-hazard, in my opinion. I don't know if EKU's rush defense is that good, or JMU was just having problems, but I recall them looking much better in previous games. Although to travel on the road and come back from 10 points down in a playoff game is still an accomplishment. I think they can play better.

TwoFeathers
November 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I don't think we targeted Sr. TE Barlow at all in this game vs. EKU, but he is one of our biggest weapons on offense in the passing game. Great hands and can pcik up 7-15 yd gains when needed. Still, the less we pass, the better we play. Although we always have 3-5 "We need to pass more!" threads at any given time on CAAZone.

I have no reason not to think the Bison will live in the JMU backfield if they try to get after the QB. However, if you show too much pressure, a screen or even a misdirection run could be the counter that goes for a big gain. Normally we have a lot of runs get stuffed at the line or for 1-2 yd gains, but then we break runs for 10+ yards too. So it's tricky to know whether you are playing well against the run or not against JMU. Today was a perfect example as JMU ran for well over 200 yards, but it seemed like we were getting no where against a solid EKU run defense.

NDSU should be heavily favored, especially following the bye. JMU needs to play a lot better next week if they want to come close to winning in Fargo. I loved the heart our players showed though in a gutsy win down the stretch.

Exactly what I thought... those 8-10 yard runs add up...

bisonguy
November 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Not only will they have to contend with the Bison on the field, but they'll have to face much greater levels of The Home Crowd (THC) in the Fargodome. A fairly sticky situation for our buds from JMU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Not only will they have to contend with the Bison on the field, but they'll have to face much greater levels of The Home Crowd (THC) in the Fargodome. A fairly sticky situation for our buds from JMU.

19,000 indoors is going to sound much different than the dozens that were in the stands at the game today.

TwoFeathers
November 26th, 2011, 08:46 PM
19,000 indoors is going to sound much different than the dozens that were in the stands at the game today.

They kept panning over to the JMU fans, and it looked like there were as many JMU fans in attendance as EKU home fans. Only about 2,500 in attendance.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM

They're loaded at QB...

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM

That's pretty bold...you sure you can beat 2,800? ;) (I kid, I kid, I'm guessing open practices draw more than that)

To be fair, the Dukes have played in front of a large crowd (announced 57,000 at North Carolina). But the electricity in the Dome should be a bit more hyped than a UNC game against an FCS team.

JMU2004
November 26th, 2011, 09:15 PM
seems NDSU fans are griz fans in training....all they talk about is their stadium/crowd noise

cbarrier90
November 26th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Boom!

If you leaf his receivers open, Thorpe can make you pay...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM
seems NDSU fans are griz fans in training....all they talk about is their stadium/crowd noise

It will be what you talk about on the plane ride home. Provided your ears stop ringing.

JMUNJ08
November 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
JMU has the athletes and the talent to make this one a game, IMO. NDSU should win, and considerably, but I think this game will be a lot like the UNH/UNI game of 2007. JMU has too much talent here to get blown out. I'd much rather have drawn anyone else left besides JMU. I think they'll be able to contain NDSU's offense, but I just think JMU's offense is bad so NDSU should win.

I don't believe we have a bad offense but one that is deliberate and methodical. We are not potent but have done enough so far to win the games. We showed that today by owning a 2-1 TOP edge with a FG as time expires to win and the TO edge.

GSU Eagle
November 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM
JMU is capable of beating NDSU. I don't think they will but I also don't think this game will be a beat-down by NDSU. I am predicting a game within 7 points.

jjthebutcher
November 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I like our match up... The Dukes will give NDCC all they can handle...Oh and for crowd noise we did Win last year at VTs Lane stadium.. 60k+... I think we handled that OK... 3/4s of that team are still with us...

cbarrier90
November 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM

Wait, so it's cold...AND loud?

SeattleGriz
November 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM

And JMU would know about crowd noise? Seems this one was pretty quiet by JMU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzOnH-34to

SeattleGriz
November 26th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Wait, so it's cold...AND loud?

5 false starts and fans saying App needed to get rid of the high school track and enclose the stadium LOUD.

JSUBison
November 26th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Any of the JMU posters here going to make the trip? If you do, you will be treated good at tailgating, the Bison fans will hook you up, and I'm not kidding around. North Dakota hospitality, dontcha know?

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
And JMU would know about crowd noise? Seems this one was pretty quiet by JMU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzOnH-34to

enjoyed that, thanks

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM

It is also very cold in Fargo.

...colder than Mizzzzoola.

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM

You're not bragging about how cold it is OUTSIDE your dome, are you?

cbarrier90
November 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM

You're on the right track. Now you need to post:

A. Team winning percentage at said facility.
B. Decibel and/or temperature measurements for proof of said loudness/coldness.
C. Pics of said facility. Plenty of pics.
D. Quotes from opposing teams, fans, and/or media regarding experience at said facility.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 09:52 PM

Again, there are many and I mean MANY who would have taken a Dacotah Field II. The way it all went down was that the City of Fargo wanted a multipurpose arena. NDSU wanted an updated facility. What all of these desires got was the Fargodome. Growing up in Fargo, being descended from Canadians, I will put my heartiness up against anyone.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 09:52 PM

You obviously didn't get the joke.

Man you are taking all the fun out of this.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM
You're on the right track. Now you need to post:

A. Team winning percentage at said facility.
B. Decibel and/or temperature measurements for proof of said loudness/coldness.
C. Pics of said facility. Plenty of pics.
D. Quotes from opposing teams, fans, and/or media regarding experience at said facility.

Just look at this beauty. LOOK I TELL YOU...LOOOOOOOK!!!!

http://www.acheapseat.com/content/uploaded/performers/fargodome.jpg

From up high in the sky:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/north-dakota-state-bison-fargodome/fargodome-500.gif

Here's a groovy night shot:

http://www.fmbigboystoys.com/images/fargodome.jpg

Apphole
November 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM
That's pretty bold...you sure you can beat 2,800? ;) (I kid, I kid, I'm guessing open practices draw more than that)

To be fair, the Dukes have played in front of a large crowd (announced 57,000 at North Carolina). But the electricity in the Dome should be a bit more hyped than a UNC game against an FCS team.

Announced 57k crowds at UNC are really only about 30-40. They've been fudging their attendence figures for years. They count all season ticket holders as present, regardless of if they're actually there. It's also the biggest wine and cheese crowd in BCS football. There are a good bit of FCS schools with more intimidating atmospheres than UNC.

Not that I respect <20k averages (NDSU cough cough). Especially when they're a bunch of French speaking, hockey playing, Yankees. Any SoCon or CAA team that walks into the Fargodome will dominate no matter how many yuppies you cram into the city renta-gym.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Announced 57k crowds at UNC are really only about 30-40. They've been fudging their attendence figures for years. They count all season ticket holders as present, regardless of if they're actually there. It's also the biggest wine and cheese crowd in BCS football. There are a good bit of FCS schools with more intimidating atmospheres than UNC.

Not that I respect <20k averages (NDSU cough cough). Especially when they're a bunch of French speaking, hockey playing, Yankees. Any SoCon or CAA team that walks into the Fargodome will dominate no matter how many yuppies you cram into the city renta-gym.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! You can call me a french, yankee, yuppie...but I'll be damned if I stand here and let you call me a hockey player! You sir, have gone TOO FAR!

JMUNJ08
November 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Any of the JMU posters here going to make the trip? If you do, you will be treated good at tailgating, the Bison fans will hook you up, and I'm not kidding around. North Dakota hospitality, dontcha know?

Sadly the hefty price tag of plane tickets and full work week in NYC will keep me from flying or driving. I must say it may be my only reason ever to come to ND

Twentysix
Sadly the hefty price tag of plane tickets and full work week in NYC will keep me from flying or driving. I must say it may be my only reason ever to come to ND

Clearly you havent seen our giant cow.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2621277648_3de3e6ea48.jpg

FargoBison

Canada sucks and so does hockey, we aren't UND....nice try though.

A CAA team has come to the dome and they left with a big fat loss.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!! You can call me a french, yankee, yuppie...but I'll be damned if I stand here and let you call me a hockey player! You sir, have gone TOO FAR!

All of the above. It has been killing me living in Ohio where they don't have outdoor rinks. My friends and I played pickup basketball in the summer and pickup hockey in the winter in the same school yard.

cbarrier90
November 26th, 2011, 10:19 PM

xbowx I haven't been here long, but that's gotta be candidate for post of the year.

No_Skill
November 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
26 wins...I'm done.

I actually broke out laughing at that and had to explain myself to my wife...who also laughed.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM

that is a LONG drive from Fargo. New Salem, ND

JMUNJ08
November 26th, 2011, 10:31 PM

This cannot be in North Dakota. Where are their winter jackets, snow, and Bison gear? I smell a fraud...or a great post. Anything else I'm missing up there? The cow is now on the list.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2011, 10:31 PM
that is a LONG drive from Fargo. New Salem, ND

http://wikitravel.org/upload/en/b/bf/JamestownBuffalo.JPG

Head west to Jamestown...more appropriate! :D

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.realnd.com/images/rugbycenterpano.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2011, 10:42 PM
This cannot be in North Dakota. Where are their winter jackets, snow, and Bison gear? I smell a fraud...or a great post. Anything else I'm missing up there? The cow is now on the list.

An interesting dynamic about North Dakota is that it is not only marked by bitter cold in the middle of winter, it is also ridiculously hot in the summer. Almost the complete opposite.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Tommy Turtle

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/2009-0521-ND-Bottineau-TommyTurtle.jpg/250px-2009-0521-ND-Bottineau-TommyTurtle.jpg

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
World's Largest Grasshopper

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/nd/NDREGenchantgrass02_mw.jpg

sgt smash
November 26th, 2011, 10:55 PM
And don't forget: The home team of of AGS's biggest ACTIVE Troll, gaining the title today by default LAAAAAAAAAAAAKES BIIIIIIIIIIIISON!!!!!

In all seriousness though, ND is actually pretty cool and I wouldn't raise my family anywhere else after spending time on the East Coast, West Coast and the Gulf Coast. The other parts of the country may have some great history and more to see, but if you dig deep enough you can find a reason outside of football to come visit. That said, JMU@NDSU 2nd round action is as good as any to come out here. C YA at the dome.

bisonguy
November 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM

The Cow (aka Salem Sue) is about 200 miles west of Fargo. The giant Buffalo is in Jamestown, which is about 90 miles west of Fargo, and you can also see three white buffalo there at the National Buffalo Museum.

ngineer
November 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM
This one is my favorite.

You mean he made a token effort?

Cleets
November 26th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Best thread of the play-offs so far

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Best thread of the play-offs so far

I agree, this thread is pretty smokin'

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2011, 11:43 PM
What happened to the joint effort of Bison fans on Thorpe?

fargocyclone
November 26th, 2011, 11:57 PM
It burned out a little bit.

sgt smash
November 27th, 2011, 12:04 AM
It burned out a little bit.

This is great stuff guys. I wish I could come up with something even close to your references to his drug use. Maybe I should enroll at NDSU next fall. They have to teach this in some class. Thanks for the laughs.

Hammerhead
November 27th, 2011, 12:26 AM
If you drive through Minnesota, you can see the world's largest prairie chicken 38 miles from the N.D. border on I-94.

http://www.worldslargestthings.com/minnesota/prairiechickenSubheader.jpg

344Johnson
November 27th, 2011, 01:30 AM

Should be a good game. This was a nice analysis. I expect NDSU to win (I am a homer if there ever was one). If both teams show up, I expect a good game in front of a loud crowd in Fargo, I know JMU has played in front of a lot of people before, but the dome should give them something different than they are used to with crowd noise if only because it is a dome rather than an open air stadium. A lot depends on which team is healthier as well....if our NT Drevlow is healthy, that is huge. If JMU's O-Line is healthier like some are saying on here, I assume that will be a big factor.

To any JMU fans making the trip, walk around the tailgating lot, many people will welcome you to stop by and have some food, dress warm, it could be a lot colder than you are used to.

344Johnson
November 27th, 2011, 01:33 AM
http://wikitravel.org/upload/en/b/bf/JamestownBuffalo.JPG

Head west to Jamestown...more appropriate! :D

If you even have average athleticism, you can slap the nutsack of the Bison (I am from Jamestown, and honestly, slapping him in the nuts never gets old)

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2011, 01:39 AM
If you even have average athleticism, you can slap the nutsack of the Bison (I am from Jamestown, and honestly, slapping him in the nuts never gets old)

Agreed...I went to school at JC and it was tradition.

344Johnson
November 27th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Agreed...I went to school at JC and it was tradition.

Sorry you had to go there.....High School 2.0

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Sorry you had to go there.....High School 2.0

Eh, no reason to be sorry. It's actually a pretty good small, private school (my BA in Bus Admin/Econ is working out pretty good so far). I'm not sure what you mean by it being HS 2.0. It's definately more of an academic school than the bulk of schools in ND. Outside of that, most JC students/grads are fans of other schools in sports anyway (since being in the sweet NAIA, at least for now). Also, it was more of a mens bball school when I was there (number 1 in the nation for a few years, even beat up on Darrel's UND while I was there).

LakesBison
November 27th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Darrel stfu your a bunch of losers

Ud1Hens
November 27th, 2011, 05:40 AM
If history is an indicator, ND St can just focus on stopping the run because Thorpe never passes...xpopcornx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2011, 07:28 AM
After watching the JMU/EKU game yesterday I have a couple of thoughts:

1. JMU will definitely try to run the ball at us. They will probably get some yards as our Tampa-2 defense is a bend but do not break defense. They will need to pass the ball to win. If the Bison defense can contain the running game (<150 yds) then the Bison have a very good chance in this game. JMU's passing game does not look all that impressive, IMO.

2. Bison offense needs to sustain drives and finish them with TDs. If we play like we did against Minnesota/UNI then this might be a rout. But with all the injuries I think this will be close.

Dome should be loud. Looking forward to a good game.

whitey
November 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
In no way am I insinuating that the Fargodome won't be loud. Honestly, it will likely be the loudest place we've ever played since we've never played in a dome before to my knowledge. But, just because we played in front of 2500 yesterday at EKU doesn't mean we haven't played in loud and hostile environments before.

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2011, 08:44 AM
......and the Gentlemen's club in Fargo

http://www.fargonightout.com/mnodata/userphotos/27/20220-the-northern-gentlemens-club-2601-0.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Drop by my mom's house. Being a good Lutheran woman of Norwegian extraction, she will be more than happy to "fix you a plate".

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2011, 08:57 AM
In no way am I insinuating that the Fargodome won't be loud. Honestly, it will likely be the loudest place we've ever played since we've never played in a dome before to my knowledge. But, just because we played in front of 2500 yesterday at EKU doesn't mean we haven't played in loud and hostile environments before.

Other JMU posters have indicated that you might have a OT coming back this week. Is he that good?

JMU is going to have to have a consistent passing game to win in Fargo. But with the type of offense you run, it might give us some trouble.

JmuSkinsfan
November 27th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Other JMU posters have indicated that you might have a OT coming back this week. Is he that good?

JMU is going to have to have a consistent passing game to win in Fargo. But with the type of offense you run, it might give us some trouble.

I've honestly lost track of our OL this year. We started the season with a Senior Center, a Junior Guard (2nd and 1st team All-CAA respectively), and then had an sophomore and two freshmen starting. One of those freshmen was AJ Scott (transfer from Marshall) who played great all year. He was one of the main reasons our OL was so much improved over last year. Against ODU, we lost 3 linemen early in the 2nd half. One was Scott (concussion) and our other freshmen or sophomore RT (ligament tears). The RT replacement has played pretty well (another freshmen), and our LT replacement hasn't done a bad job either (again, another freshmen), but you can tell Scott is missed. Scott was initially diagnosed with being out for the season, but he was cleared to play against EKU in case of an emergency and is expected back this weekend. So while JMU will have 2 FR, 1 So, 1 JR and 1 Sr on the OL this week ... those freshmen are seasoned and very good, and Scott is a difference maker at LT.

Aside from our Guard and Center, JMU has a bunch of freshmen and a couple sophomores on the line and have played excellent for their age all year.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Why does JMU have to have a consistent passing game to win? The more we have to pass, the more likely we are not getting it done with the run. Conversely, we need to have a consistent running game to win:
1. Controls TOP (See JMU win over WKU; 2:1 in TOP)
2. Limits possessions. The less you have the ball, the fewer points you can score.
3. Wears down defenses more. Long sustained drives take their toll on a team more than a few big pass plays and score.

I ask again: Why do we need to have a good passing game to beat the Bison?

One thing I do worry about is our coverage team on kickoffs and punts. Hasn't been very good all year, and EKU almost took one to the house yesterday.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Why does JMU have to have a consistent passing game to win? The more we have to pass, the more likely we are not getting it done with the run. Conversely, we need to have a consistent running game to win:
2. Limits possessions. The less you have the ball, the fewer points you can score.
3. Wears down defenses more. Long sustained drives take their toll on a team more than a few big pass plays and score.

One thing I do worry about is our coverage team on kickoffs and punts. Hasn't been very good all year, and EKU almost took one to the house yesterday.

Two words, Shakir Bell

Two more words 53 yards. Wait, that's more but you get the idea.

Don't underestimate the crowd noise. Hard to run from first and 15.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 27th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Ok, I see your point on that. But Indiana St. runs a more traditional running attack with a single great RB. JMU's attack features "options" meaning your defense cannot just key in on one player and expect to contain the run. Different styles of play will yield different outcomes on the field depending on the matchups.

False starts are drive killers, and that should be a concern for the Dukes coaching staff this week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Because I think that your running game will not be as productive as through your regular season. If JMU can keep us "off-balance" with a mix of run and pass, then I give JMU a good chance of beating the Bison.

Teams have run against us but our scoring defense is really good.....teams do not score in bunches against us. I think our scoring defense is 13 - 14 points/game.

Hopefully our special teams can make a mark this weekend. NDSU has good special teams play.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Ok, I see your point on that. But Indiana St. runs a more traditional running attack with a single great RB. JMU's attack features "options" meaning your defense cannot just key in on one player and expect to contain the run. Different styles of play will yield different outcomes on the field depending on the matchups.

False starts are drive killers, and that should be a concern for the Dukes coaching staff this week.

I'd look at MN and UNI before Indiana State, both of those teams has extremely mobile QBs. The week before we played MN their QB ran for 177 yards vs Miami and against us he ran for 23 yards. He had by far his worst game vs us...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/381929/marqueis-gray

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I'd look at MN and UNI before Indiana State, both of those teams has extremely mobile QBs. The week before we played MN their QB ran for 177 yards vs Miami and against us he ran for 23 yards. He had by far his worst game vs us...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/381929/marqueis-gray

I was mostly referring to the 250 that Bell was supposed to get against NDSU. According to the ISUb fans the week before, anyway

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2011, 10:44 AM
My initial thought is the game is close with JMU leading towards the end of the half, and NDSU adjusts and wins by 7-10 points.

No_Skill
November 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
My initial thought is the game is close with JMU leading towards the end of the half, and NDSU adjusts and wins by 7-10 points.

This would not surprise me at all. In fact, I bet they score first.

whitey
November 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mickey Matthews frequently makes poor half time adjustments. Although the last few games it seems the coaching staff has done a much better job.

This game is going to be close and won't be a blow out as some have predicted. Aside from the 2004 semi-final win over W&M every playoff game JMU has played the last 8 years has been within 10 points either way and 8 out of 10 have been one score games:

2004: Win @ Lehigh 14-13
2004: Win @ Furman 14-13
2004: Win @ W&M 48-34
2004: Win vs. Montana 31-21 (National Championship Game)
2006: Loss @ Youngstown State 35-31
2007: Loss @ Appalachian State 28-27
2008: Win vs. Wofford 38-35
2008: Win vs. Villanova 31-27
2008: Loss vs. Montana 35-27
2011: Win @ Eastern Kentucky 20-17

Hammerhead
November 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I think Coach Bohl learned a little about defending the option when he was at Nebraska. Going farther back in history, 2 NDSU coaches literally wrote the book (http://www.amazon.com/Explosive-Veer-Offense-Winning-Football/dp/0132980185) on the veer offense.

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think Coach Bohl learned a little about defending the option when he was at Nebraska. Going farther back in history, 2 NDSU coaches literally wrote the book (http://www.amazon.com/Explosive-Veer-Offense-Winning-Football/dp/0132980185) on the veer offense.

Bohl was at NDSU for one of those Veer Years.

DJKyR0
November 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
One thing I notice is that JMU had to come back and did so well, but without giving the ball away once. Considering NDSU is pretty good at forcing turnovers I can't imagine that'll make JMU's job any easier come Saturday. EKU had a good corner starting for them and JMU seemed to challenge him once or twice - how much they throw Marcus's way (when they do throw, which will likely not be often) should be something to keep an eye on.

bisonguy
November 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
One thing I notice is that JMU had to come back and did so well, but without giving the ball away once. Considering NDSU is pretty good at forcing turnovers I can't imagine that'll make JMU's job any easier come Saturday. EKU had a good corner starting for them and JMU seemed to challenge him once or twice - how much they throw Marcus's way (when they do throw, which will likely not be often) should be something to keep an eye on.

EKU wasn't exactly a slouch when it came to turnovers. They forced nine more turnovers than NDSU during the regular season.

whitey
November 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Some statistics for discussion.

James Madison Offense:
Rushing yards/game: 234.08 (10th)
Passing yards/game: 118.58 (116th)
Total yards/game: 352.67 (65th)
Scoring Offense: 22.92 (81st)
Sacks Allowed: 2.50 (80th)

James Madison Defense:
Rushing yards/game: 97.42 (10th)
Passing yards/game: 199.92 (46th)
Total yards/game: 297.33 (11th)
Scoring Defense: 19.08 (14th)
Turnover Margin: 0.42 (39th)
Sacks: 3.17 (9th)

North Dakota State Offense:
Rushing yards/game: 157.27 (54th)
Passing yards/game: 187.27 (69th)
Total yards/game: 344.55 (70th)
Scoring Offense: 33.45 (21st)
Sacks Allowed: 1.55 (35th)

North Dakota State Defense:
Rushing yards/game: 122.55 (22nd)
Passing yards/game: 199.18 (43rd)
Total yards/game: 321.73 (23rd)
Scoring Defense: 14.91 (2nd)
Turnover Margin: 1.27 (7th)
Sacks: 2.82 (15th)

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I just don't see how JMU is going score enough points... maybe 10 (maybe)
NDSU will have a tough go of it too but they'll put 21 on the board I'd guess - but - I don't see JMU's offense doing much of anything in this game

We'll see... xdontknowx

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Here is the list of "notable alumni" from North Dakota State University on wikipedia....

Humayun Ahmed (Ph. D. in polymer chemistry) - famous contemporary Bengali fictionist and playwright , film-maker and former professor of Chemistry at the University of Dhaka
Mark Andrews - former U.S. Senator
Bob Backlund - former World Wrestling Federation champion wrestler
David Bernauer - former CEO, current chairman of Walgreens
Tyrone Braxton - former NFL player
Alf Clausen - composer for "The Simpsons" as well as other television programs and motion pictures
Craig Dahl - current NFL player
Lamar Gordon - current NFL player
William L. Guy - former governor of North Dakota
Phil Hansen - former NFL player
Ramon Humber - current NFL player
Ravindra Khattree - academic statistician
Arthur A. Link - former governor of North Dakota
Doug Lloyd - former NFL player
Joe Mays - current NFL player
Clarence McGeary - former NFL player
Earl Mindell - writer and nutritionist
Steve Nelson - former NFL player
Annette Olson - Miss North Dakota 2006
Ashley Anne Jacobson, née Young - Miss North Dakota 2007
Mancur Olson - 20th century economist and social scientist
Tyler Roehl - former NFL player
Stacy Robinson - former NFL player
Nick Schommer - current NFL player
Isaac Snell - current NFL player
Gen. Charles F. Wald - former Deputy Commander of United States European Command
Milton R. Young - former U.S. Senator
J. Scott Wiseman Jr - former 1936 graduate and long-time faculty member through at least 1948
Luke Hall - 20th century politician
Neil Wagner - Major League Baseball pitcher for the Oakland Athletics

not a single relevant soul went to this god forsaken snow desert of a university.

see you in the dome. I hear it gets loud. ;)

AmsterBison
November 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM

He's definitely hungry for some more wins.

Anyhow, I've seen lots of ugly first round games so I don't read much into JMU's first round game especially considering that their LT was out. Credit to EKU:. I thought they did a good job of stringing plays out to the sideline but not so much when it came to stopping Thorpe on keepers and they overpursued a bit.

Don't forget that NDSU had two four-year OL go down the last game and there is no word on whether they'll be ready by Saturday. Austin Richard, who is beast, has a sprained knee and there hasn't been any word on how bad it is. Gimmestad suffered a high ankle sprain. Heck, all teams except the extraordinarily lucky ones have lots of injuries this time of year.

sgt smash
November 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Yep and you get an extra touchdown for every notable alumni that went to your school in the second round games only.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Here is the list of "notable alumni" from North Dakota State University on wikipedia....

Humayun Ahmed (Ph. D. in polymer chemistry) - famous contemporary Bengali fictionist and playwright , film-maker and former professor of Chemistry at the University of Dhaka
Alf Clausen - composer for "The Simpsons" as well as other television programs and motion pictures
Gen. Charles F. Wald - former Deputy Commander of United States European Command
J. Scott Wiseman Jr - former 1936 graduate and long-time faculty member through at least 1948

not a single relevant soul went to this god forsaken snow desert of a university.

Seriously? That's the shot you want to take? Come on. That's TheFan's domain there.

Is that how they do research at JMU? Wikipedia? From JMU's page the most notable alumnus is epic failure Scott Norwood.

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Seriously? That's the shot you want to take? Come on. That's TheFan's domain there.

Is that how they do research at JMU? Wikipedia? From JMU's page the most notable alumnus is epic failure Scott Norwood.

A) Calm down big guy, its a little nudging.

B) Wikipedia was exactly how I did my research.

C) I think you are forgetting Charles Haley. The player with the most superbowl rings (5).

NoDak 4 Ever
November 27th, 2011, 02:07 PM

C) I think you are forgetting Charles Haley. The player with the most superbowl rings (5).

I think the casual fan would know Norwood before Haley

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
NDSU wasn't even in a division that the NFL looked at until recently...

sgt smash
November 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
NDSU's Phil Hansen was a teammate of Norwood on the 91 SB losing team right?

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
NDSU's Phil Hansen was a teammate of Norwood on the 91 SB losing team right?

what's the significance of Phil Hansen and Scott Norwood..?
Is that part of the list of the most disgraced NFL players in history..?

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I think the casual fan would know Norwood before Haley

Norwood may have missed the kick, but in doing so he inspired one of the cinemas greatest characters, Ray Finkle.

Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle.

Tatanka
November 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
This thread is really starting to drag.

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM

It just needs a quick hit.. then it'll really start smoking again

sgt smash

There we go.

UNIFanSince1983
If Thrope sees too much green he is going to light it up.

JmuSkinsfan
November 27th, 2011, 02:21 PM

Don't forget about Gary Clark, WR Redskins.

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM

Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Drblankstare
November 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
After watching the game against EK, you can really see that Thorpe has the munchies for victory.......I'll show myself out.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
If JMU is gonna have a shot in this game they're gonna need the whole pregame spread to be ready to take the field. I'm talking some sour cream and onion chips, with some dip, man. Some beef jerkey, some peanut butter. Some Hagen-Daz ice-cream bars. A whole lotta of chocolate. Gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn.... pink popcorn. GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! Graham crackers with the marshmallows. Little marshmallows with little chocolate bars so they can make some s'mores man. Celery, grape jelly, Capn' Crunch with the little crunch berries.... pizzas, they'll need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em.... water, whole lotta water and....... Funyuns.

darell1976
November 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Tailgating weather: Mostly sunny and 35...plus so far NO snow on the ground, unusual for this time of year.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=fgf&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=192&map.y=185

Dec 3rd, 2010: 17 and 1.9" of snow bringing the ground total to 8".

GoDukes86
November 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Thorpe works best out of the shotgun.

(I'm surprised you potheads missed this one)

344Johnson
November 27th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Eh, no reason to be sorry. It's actually a pretty good small, private school (my BA in Bus Admin/Econ is working out pretty good so far). I'm not sure what you mean by it being HS 2.0. It's definately more of an academic school than the bulk of schools in ND. Outside of that, most JC students/grads are fans of other schools in sports anyway (since being in the sweet NAIA, at least for now). Also, it was more of a mens bball school when I was there (number 1 in the nation for a few years, even beat up on Darrel's UND while I was there).

People who go to Jamestown College after Jamestown High School get a bad rap because they tend to not branch out, and typically hang out with each other and have a hard time growing up. The education one receives at Jamestown College is perfectly fine; very surprising considering in the mid-late 90's the school was very close to shutting down.

Go Bison! JMU looks like a quality team, stop the run! run the ball! If you do those two things this saturday, your team will win.

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'm a little worried about Thorpe, he is chronically injured.

TheBisonator
November 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Alf Clausen is a Hollywood big shot. All the music you hear on every Simpsons episode is his. I'd consider him a "relevant soul".

Also, there were Bugs Bunny cartoons inspired by Bob Backlund's wrestling.

Squealofthepig
November 27th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Alf Clausen is a Hollywood big shot. All the music you hear on every Simpsons episode is his. I'd consider him a "relevant soul".

Also, there were Bugs Bunny cartoons inspired by Bob Backlund's wrestling.

Well, Alf does the intermittent music; the Simpsons theme was done by Danny Elfman (who found that being the lead singer for Oingo Boingo wasn't nearly as profitable as doing every soundtrack for a movie made by Tim Burton). But yeah, Alf's kind of a big deal. Plus, hey, Matt Groening spent a lot of his formative years here in Missoula. Without Montana and NDSU, you might not have the Simpsons.

Whether this is a good, or bad, thing is entirely open to debate of course.

Hammerhead
November 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
When did he live in Missoula? He attended grade school and high school in Portland and later attended college in Olympia Washington.

Plus, hey, Matt Groening spent a lot of his formative years here in Missoula. Without Montana and NDSU, you might not have the Simpsons.

Whether this is a good, or bad, thing is entirely open to debate of course.

JMU_71
November 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Wow, a first. I actually find my self agreeing with an Appy 100%.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM

That is udderly ridiculous...........

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
NDSU fans.......is your special teams coverage that GOOD or does your punter kick it through the dome's roof? 11 punts for a combined total of 64 yards returned?!?!

Twentysix
November 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
NDSU fans.......is your special teams coverage that GOOD or does your punter kick it through the dome's roof? 11 punts for a combined total of 64 yards returned?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVfeSj3NSZE

/selfexplanitory.

FargoBison
November 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Its a bit of both, but he does get pretty good hang time on his punts.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Its a bit of both, but he does get pretty good hang time on his punts.

Thanks! I was looking over the numbers and for all the talk about JMU / NDSU's o-lines, defenses, qb's, etc. it seems as though NDSU has a pretty large advantage in special teams play and defensive interceptions. Seems like a very opportunistic team and also seems like you guys capitalize on those opportunities with TD's.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
A few factors in my estimation:
1) We don't punt that much. Only 43 on the season.
2) Special teams coverage has been a strength this year.
3) Our punter this year has been hit or miss, when he gets a hold of a punt it's a boomer with uber-hangtime but he had his share of shanks earlier in the season that weren't returnable.

Thanks! I was looking over the numbers and for all the talk about JMU / NDSU's o-lines, defenses, qb's, etc. it seems as though NDSU has a pretty large advantage in special teams play and defensive interceptions. Seems like a very opportunistic team and also seems like you guys capitalize on those opportunities with TD's.
Turnover margin has been the single biggest factor for the Bison's success this year. I really feel like JMU could be in trouble if they're forced to put the ball in the air more than they normally would based on the game situation and the defensive alignments. There are some very good ball hawks in NDSU's defensive secondary. NDSU has always deferred to the second half if they win the coin toss but I would wonder if they wouldn't take the ball in this game to try to get an early score and force JMU to open up the offense a little more than they would like.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
A few factors in my estimation:
1) We don't punt that much. Only 43 on the season.
2) Special teams coverage has been a strength this year.
3) Our punter this year has been hit or miss, when he gets a hold of a punt it's a boomer with uber-hangtime but he had his share of shanks earlier in the season that weren't returnable.

Voightlander has gotten alot better as the season has gone on. Alot of Rugby style kicks lately.

kevin1633
November 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I watched the EKU/JMU game on saturday. My first thought was how much is the wind affecting the play calling for both teams? I think we can matchup really well with JMU. I feel we are better in offense and defense but have the same worry about special teams. Kickoff Return coverage has not been great this year. We have allowed a few long returns.

I expect this game to be decent for the first half. NDSU pulls away in the 3rd. JMU will score a TD late but will come up on the short end via a Special Teams and Defensive TD for the Bison

JMU 14
NDSU- 31

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I watched the EKU/JMU game on saturday. My first thought was how much is the wind affecting the play calling for both teams? I think we can matchup really well with JMU. I feel we are better in offense and defense but have the same worry about special teams. Kickoff Return coverage has not been great this year. We have allowed a few long returns.

I expect this game to be decent for the first half. NDSU pulls away in the 3rd. JMU will score a TD late but will come up on the short end via a Special Teams and Defensive TD for the Bison

JMU 14
NDSU- 31

I'll be surprised if the final score breaks mid 20's.

LakesBison
November 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
lets hurry up and get this W , gonna be a party up in fargo the next 3 saturdays, cannot WAIT!!

FargoBison
November 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
NDSU 24
JMU 13

footballer23
November 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
NDSU wins 27-17ish.

Hoboken Dukes
November 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
JMU 24
NDSU 21

Stephon Robertson with a big forced fumble (ala Va Tech) to setup the winning score.

Would fly up from San Francisco but already got a Vegas wknd on the tape. Will do everything in my power to have them stream ESPN3 during the Lavo Brunch Party on Saturday. Which is to say, not much. Champagne & t!tties!

eaglewithabus
November 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Pulling for JMU... My friend Tony Lezotte went there and was a hell of a player for them. I would love to get JMU if we could get past ODU and Maine/ASU. That being said, I watched JMU a little this season and I am of the opinion that they will need to play their best game of the year to take out NDSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hey if any of you NDSU fans get a chance to nail Bulldogs sister I highly recommend it.

Shes unlike most of the JMU fans.....she takes it well and keep her mouth closed afterwards.

xcoffeex

Twentysix
November 28th, 2011, 05:48 PM
sticking by my bracket score 31-10 I believe.

DJKyR0
November 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Our offense has done well moving the ball in bits and pieces. The Bison may not have a play go for more than 15 all day but there's a reason that 8 of our 10 wins on the season have come by double digits.

I like this one to be something like 27-17, NDSU. I think our front seven can stop a rushing attack similar to UNI and if we can make Thorpe throw into our secondary, it's to our advantage. Lest we forget that Tirrell Rennie came into the game in Fargo with zero picks on the season.

TwoFeathers
November 28th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Some statistics for discussion.

James Madison Offense:
Rushing yards/game: 234.08 (10th)
Passing yards/game: 118.58 (116th)
Total yards/game: 352.67 (65th)
Scoring Offense: 22.92 (81st)
Sacks Allowed: 2.50 (80th)

James Madison Defense:
Rushing yards/game: 97.42 (10th)
Passing yards/game: 199.92 (46th)
Total yards/game: 297.33 (11th)
Scoring Defense: 19.08 (14th)
Turnover Margin: 0.42 (39th)
Sacks: 3.17 (9th)

North Dakota State Offense:
Rushing yards/game: 157.27 (54th)
Passing yards/game: 187.27 (69th)
Total yards/game: 344.55 (70th)
Scoring Offense: 33.45 (21st)
Sacks Allowed: 1.55 (35th)

North Dakota State Defense:
Rushing yards/game: 122.55 (22nd)
Passing yards/game: 199.18 (43rd)
Total yards/game: 321.73 (23rd)
Scoring Defense: 14.91 (2nd)
Turnover Margin: 1.27 (7th)
Sacks: 2.82 (15th)

The only thing I'd add is that JMU's stats came against arguably a much tougher schedule, including 3 other playoff teams (UNH, Maine, ODU). And 6 ranked opponents, versus 3 for NDSU.

Cleets
November 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hey if any of you NDSU fans get a chance to nail Bulldogs sister I highly recommend it.

Shes unlike most of the JMU fans.....she takes it well and keep her mouth closed afterwards.

xcoffeex

Wow drinking already...
Well I guess it is after 6:00 in Montana

sgt smash
November 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The only thing I'd add is that JMU's stats came against arguably a much tougher schedule, including 3 other playoff teams (UNH, Maine, ODU). And 6 ranked opponents, versus 3 for NDSU.

Well if Illinois state wouldn't have gotten shafted....

But really I think that this will be a great game to watch, but the edge goes to NDSU. I just hope our secondary can put on a better showing than those couple of plays against UNI where defenders were two or three steps behind or even nowhere in the area. Those plays scared me.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Our offense has done well moving the ball in bits and pieces. The Bison may not have a play go for more than 15 all day but there's a reason that 8 of our 10 wins on the season have come by double digits.

I like this one to be something like 27-17, NDSU. I think our front seven can stop a rushing attack similar to UNI and if we can make Thorpe throw into our secondary, it's to our advantage. Lest we forget that Tirrell Rennie came into the game in Fargo with zero picks on the season.

Thorpe is playing at a high level with a loaded running game.

FargoBison
November 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Massey SOS
NDSU #7 in the FCS
JMU 30

Sagarin SOS
NDSU 155
JMU 161

X-Factor
November 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Massey SOS
NDSU #7 in the FCS
JMU 30

Sagarin SOS
NDSU 155
JMU 161

But, but, but, it's the CAA! It has to be tougher!

LakesBison
November 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Thorpe was slow and lethargic last saturday.........

Houndawg
November 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Thorpe was slow and lethargic last saturday.........

I think he comes out smokin' this week....

GridCaptain
November 29th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Bison in a romp.

BisonBabe
November 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Watching the JMU/EKU game last weekend and it seemed like Thorpe was rather fragile. If our D can get to Thorpe I think he will get rattled fast. I will give him this in the one sack where he went down hard on his shoulder I was sure he was out for the game but he came back in after sitting out a play.

I look forward to a well played game with a Bison win. I predict it will be a close game though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2011, 06:58 AM
A team that is 1-dimensional can have success until they play a team that can limit that strength.

IMO, NDSU will do that against JMU. JMU will have to pass the ball "some" to have a chance at winning. With all the defensive players that get rotated in for NDSU, I don't see JMU running on us all day. They will get some yards but in order to win they need to have some type of consistent passing game.

Interesting match-up.

IMO, Bison win by 2 scores.

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I don't want to look like a total homer here, but everything I have read/seen about the JMU football team points towards one direction...

NDSU: 34
JMU: 14 or 21, depending upon if we completely shut down the JMU run game or not.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM
31-10 it better happen.

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM
JMU 27
NDSU 24

DJKyR0
November 29th, 2011, 10:02 AM
JMU 27
NDSU 24

In this case, an NDSU win is a lock.

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
In this case, an NDSU win is a lock.

You sure about that?? Did you notice the score I used..think back to Nov 12th.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Because it makes total sense to look at a 10-1 team and figure the loss is the norm.

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM

The day we lost to the team that had the #1 spot for a lot of different offensive rankings? You mean THAT YSU team? The one that had nothing to lose and everything to gain? The one that was fighting for its playoff life?

Personally, I'm glad we lost to YSU. It will make sure our players go into the playoffs with a level head. This, combined with the skill our team has, will lead us to dominate this game. I just can't see JMU winning at all, based off of what I have seen about them.

JmuSkinsfan
November 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Bison fans calling for a romp ... JMU is 6-0 against the FCS with their starting QB this year. Also, If said QB was not an idiot and had not failed a drug test and missed 5 games, this could easily be a 10-1 v. 9-2 semi-final match-up ... would you still be calling for a romp?

You all seem very confident in your ability to shut down the run. No one has really come close to doin that this year. While EKU kept the score close, look at the stats ... JMU dominated. Go back to any game this year, and you'll see that no one, regardless of their talent on defense, was able to stop the JMU rushing attack, except for ODU in the second half when JMU had lost 3 starting OL and our QB was immobile.

JMU has also proven it can throw the ball when needed. We may not choose to throw very much, but our passing efficiency is one of the tops in the country ... so when we do throw we throw well. Not saying we can win games passing, but to think that all it takes to stop JMU is to merely limit the run (when no one has really done it at all this year), then you're kidding yourselves and are in for a surprise on Saturday. I give major props to EKU for coming close to stopping the run ... but the reason JMU was able to come back and win that game in the 4th quarter is because EKU had been absolutely worn down and we ran all over them at the end of the game ...

I can't wait to see Dae'Quan Scott and Jordan Anderson tear it up on that field turf you've got. The JMU rushing attack is built on mis-direction and speed ... two things that could destroy your defense unless you think you're "big boys of the midwest" defense can overpower and dominate an OL that has been stout all year aside from injuries.

Dae'Quann goes for 150 and a TD
Jordan Anderson goes for 80 and a TD
Thorpe goes for 60 and TD, throws for 120 and a TD

JMU wins 31-24

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM

You picked no one

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?99270-MVFC-Week-11-Pickem

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Bison fans calling for a romp ... JMU is 6-0 against the FCS with their starting QB this year. Also, If said QB was not an idiot and had not failed a drug test and missed 5 games, this could easily be a 10-1 v. 9-2 semi-final match-up ... would you still be calling for a romp?

Yes. See previous 9-2 team

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/147/year/2010/montana-state-bobcats

Consider them romped at their place.

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 10:30 AM

You all seem very confident in your ability to shut down the run. No one has really come close to doin that this year. While EKU kept the score close, look at the stats ... JMU dominated. Go back to any game this year, and you'll see that no one, regardless of their talent on defense, was able to stop the JMU rushing attack, except for ODU in the second half when JMU had lost 3 starting OL and our QB was immobile.

JMU has also proven it can throw the ball when needed. We may not choose to throw very much, but our passing efficiency is one of the tops in the country ... so when we do throw we throw well. Not saying we can win games passing, but to think that all it takes to stop JMU is to merely limit the run (when no one has really done it at all this year), then you're kidding yourselves and are in for a surprise on Saturday. I give major props to EKU for coming close to stopping the run ... but the reason JMU was able to come back and win that game in the 4th quarter is because EKU had been absolutely worn down and we ran all over them at the end of the game ...

I can't wait to see Dae'Quan Scott and Jordan Anderson tear it up on that field turf you've got. The JMU rushing attack is built on mis-direction and speed ... two things that could destroy your defense unless you think you're "big boys of the midwest" defense can overpower and dominate an OL that has been stout all year aside from injuries.

Dae'Quann goes for 150 and a TD
Jordan Anderson goes for 80 and a TD
Thorpe goes for 60 and TD, throws for 120 and a TD

JMU wins 31-24

I believe the Bison will do just that: completely dominate your OL and tear you apart from the trenches on backwards. Just a heads up, the Bison win by completely wearing opponents down. This IS going to be the most physical team your JMU squad has faced this year. It is going to be them "big boys of the midwest" that tear your offense to shreds.

FargoBison
November 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I seriously doubt NDSU wins this game in a romp, I predicted Bison by 10 but I think JMU will be right there all game. JMU has a solid team but I just think they need more of a passing game to win this game. We aren't playing some NEC or MEAC team Bison fans, JMU is battle tested and will be coming here with nothing to lose.

But the JMU fan predicting nearly 300 yards of rushing must be drunk and it isn't even noon yet.

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Any NDSU or JMU fan predicting the outcome of this game will be predictably flawed. Everyone sees their own team in color and the opposing team in black and white when teams and fans are this unfamiliar with each other. I won't predict a score but I'll list what I think are keys to winning the game for both sides.

1) 1st down defense: Both teams run methodical offenses, JMU especially, so getting them behind schedule with 2nd or 3rd and longs will work to the advantage of the defense. The homefield will be an advantage for NDSU on 3rd down.
2) Score early: If NDSU gets a good lead early it will diminish the threat of JMU's potent ground attack whereas if JMU gets a lead or keeps it close that will put a lot more pressure on NDSU to bottle up the run.
3) Pressure the QB: Regardless of whether he's running or passing, hits on JMU's QB will take it's toll on the hard Fargodome turf. NDSU's passing offense has enjoyed the efficiency it has this year due in big part to the pass protection.
4) Win the turnover battle: As always, the great equalizer.

I honestly think that if JMU runs for 250-300 yards but the Bison knock their QB around, get an early lead, and win the turnover battle it will be an NDSU victory regardless.

mgbison
November 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
If jmu's qb is banged up, I feel very confident that we will be seeing the backup sometime in the game.

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
You picked no one

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?99270-MVFC-Week-11-Pickem

Since it went over your head let me explain. Some picks I had against NDSU, NDSU has won(which DJKYR0 commented to). I picked the YSU score as my predicted score with JMU winning. Got it? Or do you want a picture?

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Since it went over your head let me explain. Some picks I had against NDSU, NDSU has won(which DJKYR0 commented to). I picked the YSU score as my predicted score with JMU winning. Got it? Or do you want a picture?

So you are saying that your picks are very inaccurate and have only come through once so far?

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
To JMU, we play on concrete. Thorpe is gonna be bleeding and crying before the game is over.

http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachments/general-chat/2304d1238083833-fm-red-river-flood-2009-dome_pano_3_sm.jpg

xnodx

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 10:50 AM
So you are saying that your picks are very inaccurate and have only come through once so far?

Actually I am 4-3 in picking NDSU games.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM

We have played 11 games. xsmhx

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM

So you are a little better than 50/50 with a 50/50 chance of being correct in a win/lose prediction? Good one.

LakesBison
November 29th, 2011, 11:14 AM
why do you guys even reply to that naia chump? he's a pathetic loser and is the ONLY fan on that team on the internet. eliminate / ignore him and he'll leave.

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM
why do you guys even reply to that naia chump? he's a pathetic loser and is the ONLY fan on that team on the internet. eliminate / ignore him and he'll leave.

Why do you want to tell us who we can reply to?

LakesBison
November 29th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Gil... no reason why, if you guys arent smart enough to realize he is a loser that brings nothing.. then i cant help you.

back to the game. NDSU will get to the QB, thats what needs to happen.

F'N Hawks
November 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Gil... no reason why, if you guys arent smart enough to realize he is a loser that brings nothing.. then i cant help you.

In your opinion, do you feel they need to stop the run too?

JmuSkinsfan
November 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
In your opinion, do you feel they need to stop the run too?

He will probably drop back anywhere from 10-15 times. Cool ... good strategy! Focus on sacking our QB when he drops back to pass and don't focus on the run ... or you know, we'll win.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Here is the deal. Bottom line. NDSU is a top 5 team in a top 3 conference. They dropped a game to YSU by losing focus. They have had some key injuries but you had better believe that this team is incredibly hard to beat at home, will be focused, intense, and ready. You can talk about this QB or that RB but come Saturday, Craig Bohl, an Eddie Robinson finalist will have his team ready and gameplan set.

LakesBison
November 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
if NDSU's linebackers and NG Drevlow, Perry, Boyer run up the middle towards the QB, they'll grab the RB along the way as well. haha.

TwoFeathers
November 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Massey SOS
NDSU #7 in the FCS
JMU 30

Sagarin SOS
NDSU 155
JMU 161

I don't disagree with those numbers or any paticular computer rankings. But they don't change the fact that JMU played 6 ranked teams versus 3, and played 3 playoff teams versus 1. I'm just pointing that out relative to the stats of the previous post.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I believe the Bison will do just that: completely dominate your OL and tear you apart from the trenches on backwards. Just a heads up, the Bison win by completely wearing opponents down. This IS going to be the most physical team your JMU squad has faced this year. It is going to be them "big boys of the midwest" that tear your offense to shreds.

Where did this myth of NDSU being more physical than everyone else come from? It simply ain't so. There are at least five teams in the MVC as physical, if not more so, than NDSU.xrotatehx

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Where did this myth of NDSU being more physical than everyone else come from? It simply ain't so. There are at least five teams in the MVC as physical, if not more so, than NDSU.xrotatehx

Well, mehbeh, but they haven't exactly played anybody from the MVFC have they? My point stands.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Well, mehbeh, but they haven't exactly played anybody from the MVFC have they? My point stands.

The CAA is plenty physical.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Where did this myth of southern speed come from?

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 02:05 PM

And this is why the CAA is represented in the top 5 seeds... oh wait. Yeah, they are plenty physical when playing with each other, but this is a seeded team you are playing from a conference that has been consistently ranked higher in all the power indexes out there this year.

The Bison win by completely wearing down and dismantling opponents. I don't think this game will be an exception.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I always thought we won games by scoring more points than the other team. xconfusedx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I always thought we won games by scoring more points than the other team. xconfusedx

No, it is a series of 40 yard dash races. Didn't you get the memo?

Houndawg
November 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Where did this myth of southern speed come from?

From watching the Big 10 in bowl games.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
No, it is a series of 40 yard dash races. Didn't you get the memo?

I did, but it was written in purple.

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Where did this myth of southern speed come from? From the fact they can shat and wipe before the turd hits the bowl didn't you get the memo?

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 02:45 PM

Everyone knows that all you bring is lies and name calling.

Vitojr130
November 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Everyone knows that all you bring is lies and name calling.

Personally, I find him amusing. It reminds me, every day, that I am not the the junk at the bottom of the barrel.

JMU2004
November 29th, 2011, 02:48 PM
gotta say, the fans who post here and on bisonville are pretty annoying. xconfusedx

We haven't lost a game with our starting QB. If Thorpe has passed instead of puffed, JMU could very well have been a seed.

Thunderstruck
November 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM
gotta say, the fans who post here and on bisonville are pretty annoying. xconfusedx

We haven't lost a game with our starting QB. If Thorpe has passed instead of puffed, JMU could very well have been a seed.

I would think Thorpe did not like seeds?

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM
^^^This^^^^

Houndawg
November 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I would think Thorpe did not like seeds?

Not when he's rollin'...

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2011, 02:54 PM
He's going to need to blow off a little smoke when they lose Saturday...

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hes gonna need to take some hits after the game, to recover from being pounded into cement 17 times.

darell1976
November 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
JMU 4-3 on the road (losses to ODU, UNH, and N. Carolina). Pretty respectable road team as ODU was only a 3pt loss...how's their record in a dome?

gsu6trophies
November 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Wow, bison fans have done the unthinkable. They've made nw want to root for a CAA team in the playoffs.

No_Skill
November 29th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Wow, bison fans have done the unthinkable. They've made nw want to root for a CAA team in the playoffs.

We were framed.

Twentysix
November 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM
We were framed.

http://livingfreenyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit.jpg

StrikeJMU
November 29th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I read somewhere that there is a town in North Dakota that is shipping in Vegas and AC strippers because the oil businessmen are spending a ton of money there. Screw Fargo, lets play there.

LakesBison
November 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM
williston. $2000/night for the skanks.

no worries, the northern in fargo will have strippers and then you can go downtown and pick them up yourself, or go check out a former Maxim Model at Jt's Cigarros

FargoBison
November 29th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I read somewhere that there is a town in North Dakota that is shipping in Vegas and AC strippers because the oil businessmen are spending a ton of money there. Screw Fargo, lets play there.

First time I've ever heard somebody actually want to go to Williston....

StrikeJMU
November 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM
First time I've ever heard somebody actually want to go to Williston....

Hey now, not every town can be the powerhouse that is Fargo.

TwoFeathers
November 29th, 2011, 10:05 PM
And this is why the CAA is represented in the top 5 seeds... oh wait. Yeah, they are plenty physical when playing with each other, but this is a seeded team you are playing from a conference that has been consistently ranked higher in all the power indexes out there this year.

The Bison win by completely wearing down and dismantling opponents. I don't think this game will be an exception.

You are correct, however the CAA does have 5 teams in the field of 20, with 6 teams over 7 wins, and have been in the last 7 of 8 finals, winning 4 of those. Not exactly the basement of the FCS.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hey now, not every town can be the powerhouse that is Fargo.

FM area is 208,000 strong with 3 colleges. 20% growth since the 2000 Census. Higher median, family, and per capita income than Harrisonburg, Virginia. Not too shabby.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
November 30th, 2011, 12:49 AM
FM area is 208,000 strong with 3 colleges. 20% growth since the 2000 Census. Higher median, family, and per capita income than Harrisonburg, Virginia. Not too shabby.

Not to necessarily defend Harrisonburg as a 'happening place' but:

The Fargo MSA covers a much large area of land 2,810 square miles vs 870.6 for the Harrisonburg MSA. Overall the Fargo MSA has less density than the Harrisonburg MSA.

Secondly, the median, family, and per capita incomes of the city of Harrisonburg itself are skewed because of the large number of college students population residing within it. There are 3 colleges within a 15 minute drive of each other in the Harrisonburg MSA and there are roughly 20k+ college students living in Harrisonburg. As a result, the per capita income is greatly decreased as students aren't making as much money as the average resident. In Virginia, their is a legal distinction between city and county that makes the two entirely separate entities (no other state does this) so there is the false impression that the county is more wealthy per capita than the city.

Again, not saying that Harrisonburg is a happening place as those from a major city would say otherwise. But you can't just list the population and per capita income of a city/msa and assert that means its a more exciting place to live.

In any event, I'll take my proximity to mountains, 2 1/2 hours to a major city (DC), and 4 hours to the beach over the plains anyday.

frozennorth
November 30th, 2011, 02:21 AM

The Fargo MSA covers a much large area of land 2,810 square miles vs 870.6 for the Harrisonburg MSA. Overall the Fargo MSA has less density than the Harrisonburg MSA.

Secondly, the median, family, and per capita incomes of the city of Harrisonburg itself are skewed because of the large number of college students population residing within it. There are 3 colleges within a 15 minute drive of each other in the Harrisonburg MSA and there are roughly 20k+ college students living in Harrisonburg. As a result, the per capita income is greatly decreased as students aren't making as much money as the average resident. In Virginia, their is a legal distinction between city and county that makes the two entirely separate entities (no other state does this) so there is the false impression that the county is more wealthy per capita than the city.

Again, not saying that Harrisonburg is a happening place as those from a major city would say otherwise. But you can't just list the population and per capita income of a city/msa and assert that means its a more exciting place to live.
In any event, I'll take my proximity to mountains, 2 1/2 hours to a major city (DC), and 4 hours to the beach over the plains anyday.the fargo msa has 30k college students. 3 hours from minneapolis. Most of that fargo msa area is empty cropland, and the urbanized fargo area and a few nearby towns ( w/in 5 miles) account for nearly the entire population. Minnesota lakes country is 30 minutes away.

frozennorth
November 30th, 2011, 02:26 AM
From watching the Big 10 in bowl games.

You mean that conference that went 3 for 4 in its last 4 bcs games? Yeah they suck.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2011, 06:25 AM

all good until you step outside in January...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2011, 06:34 AM

In any event, I'll take my proximity to mountains, 2 1/2 hours to a major city (DC), and 4 hours to the beach over the plains anyday.

Virginia is a beautiful part of the country, but way too many people on the east side of the US. I'll take the "plains" anytime......and our winters keep the "riff-raff" out......

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2011, 06:44 AM

4 hours to the beach is the killer for me

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2011, 06:45 AM
all good until you step outside in January...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Depends on if you are into snowmobiling, Ice Fishing, Skiing, Skating, etc or not.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Depends on if you are into snowmobiling, Ice Fishing, Skiing, Skating, etc or not.

I see, but what do you do when it really gets cold

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM

We go snowmobiling, Ice Fishing, Skiing, Skating ect.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Fargo is in ND right? I heard it was really in Minnesota

Gil Dobie
November 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Fargo-Moorhead is in both ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM

No...actually in Canada....

BisonBacker
November 30th, 2011, 07:56 AM
No...actually in Canada....
Whats he talking about EH?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2011, 07:38 AM
The closer this game gets the more I have a feeling that the Bison "roll" in this game. If JMU has to pass the ball, the Bison will win this easily.

JMU is going to try and run the ball..then run again and if that doesn't work will run it again. It will take a couple of series to get their "offense" figured out but our coaches have made very good adjustments throughout the year and I suspect nothing different on saturday. 18-19K fans in the FD will be loud and 3rd down for the Dukes should be very loud.

Bison 31-17

344Johnson
December 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM

When it gets really cold....I stay inside and cry. And pray for Springtime. As for the rest of the North Dakota populace....they hang out on frozen lakes and cut holes in it, jump in...grab a fish with their bare hands and then get out.

underdawg
December 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Anyway, Good luck to the Bison and Panthers this weekend. At least they put you guys in different brackets--a small sop to the MVC not getting three in.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
When it gets really cold....I stay inside and cry. And pray for Springtime. As for the rest of the North Dakota populace....they hang out on frozen lakes and cut holes in it, jump in...grab a fish with their bare hands and then get out.

Been there, done that.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
344johnson, I present this new thing called science. If the air temperature on your frozen lake is -29 F. The water that is liquid is 32 F. Therefore it will feel like a hot tub as the water is 61 degrees warmer than the air outside! Everybody in! Getting out without freezing solid could be tricky.

344Johnson
December 1st, 2011, 09:29 AM
344johnson, I present this new thing called science. If the air temperature on your frozen lake is -29 F. The water that is liquid is 32 F. Therefore it will feel like a hot tub as the water is 61 degrees warmer than the air outside! Everybody in! Getting out without freezing solid could be tricky.

Therefore, i've seen Titanic enough times to know your still boned ;)

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Therefore, i've seen Titanic enough times to know your still boned ;)

xhighfivex

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
NDSU will not win by more than 10 and score more than 30. JUst doesn't happen with JMU teams. This game will be close either way ... 21-17 / 24-21 variety.

Although I could see JMU coming out and just smacking NDSU around early (if the players are anywhere close to as cocky and confident as their fans) ... and could put NDSU in a hole early

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:53 AM
NDSU will not win by more than 10 and score more than 30. JUst doesn't happen with JMU teams. This game will be close either way ... 21-17 / 24-21 variety.

Although I could see JMU coming out and just smacking NDSU around early (if the players are anywhere close to as cocky and confident as their fans) ... and could put NDSU in a hole early

Please throw at marcus when your running doesn't work. Goodnight.

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Please throw at marcus when your running doesn't work. Goodnight.

Nah, the running rarely "doesn't work" ... and we might take 4-5 shots to the WR at the most in the game ... you think your precious Marcus is going to intercept more than 1 of those? You guys are kidding yourselves.

Also, JMU doesn't have a #1 WR per se. Kerby Long (#23) is the closest thing ... but we have a bunch of good WR. So if you shut down our #1 ... no problem ... we have a two TEs that are huge mismatches for defenses and are main targets ... as well as a plethora of 3-4 WR that can rotate in to different packages. JMU is far from one-dimensional. We work the pass perfectly. We may not throw much but when we do we are one of the most efficient in the country. The fact that you think JMU can't and won't throw is ridiculous.

BTW, ask ODU how our passing game works. We came out in the first half against them and threw for something like 180 yards and put up 20 points before losing our 3 linemen early in the 2nd half.

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Nah, the running rarely "doesn't work" ... and we might take 4-5 shots to the WR at the most in the game ... you think your precious Marcus is going to intercept more than 1 of those? You guys are kidding yourselves.

Also, JMU doesn't have a #1 WR per se. Kerby Long (#23) is the closest thing ... but we have a bunch of good WR. So if you shut down our #1 ... no problem ... we have a two TEs that are huge mismatches for defenses and are main targets ... as well as a plethora of 3-4 WR that can rotate in to different packages. JMU is far from one-dimensional. We work the pass perfectly. We may not throw much but when we do we are one of the most efficient in the country. The fact that you think JMU can't and won't throw is ridiculous.

BTW, ask ODU how our passing game works. We came out in the first half against them and threw for something like 180 yards and put up 20 points before losing our 3 linemen early in the 2nd half.

Haha, why are you 7-4 again? If you do all of these things perfectly you would think that you would be unstoppable. NDSU is not ODU.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM

And I could see NDSU jumping out to a big lead if JMU's players have the same sense of false entitlement that some of their fans do.

Haha, why are you 7-4 again? If you do all of these things perfectly you would think that you would be unstoppable. NDSU is not ODU.
Comment about being undefeated with Thorpe (even though they haven't played anyone good in those games this year) in 3... 2... 1...

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM

I'm not sure how many times we have to repeat this ... but we are 6-1 (lone loss to UNC) with Justin Thorpe at QB ... and two of the games we lost while he was out were by 1 in OT to Maine and 3 @ ODU ...

Are you guys really that stupid or just blinded by your mustard yellow and green glasses that you can't hear anything that we are saying over here?

JMU2004
December 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
A find it ironic that NDSU fans are calling ANYONE overconfident or entitled.

And if I hear East Coast Bias one more time.......

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Comment about being undefeated with Thorpe (even though they haven't played anyone good in those games this year) in 3... 2... 1...

So, at the time of those wins with Thorpe ... 2 of the first 3 (CCSU, Liberty, WM) were ranked (Wm #5) ... and with a healthy Jace beat then #6 UR in a route ... so even though those teams finished poorly ... you can't discount that those teams were highly touted at the times of those games.

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 10:31 AM
This is going to be a damn close game. I'm just getting annoyed with NDSU fans talking about this being a route. We are not Montana State from last year ... sorry.

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure how many times we have to repeat this ... but we are 6-1 (lone loss to UNC) with Justin Thorpe at QB ... and two of the games we lost while he was out were by 1 in OT to Maine and 3 @ ODU ...

Are you guys really that stupid or just blinded by your mustard yellow and green glasses that you can't hear anything that we are saying over here?

Nope, I've heard all the excuses you have made all week. From what I've heard the back up played very well.

When I played at NDSU, my Junior year, we were undefeated the first six games and I went down with a season ending injury. We ended the season 8-3 I believe. With me we were 6-0, without we were 2-3.

By JMU math we would have been 11-0. The fact is we would have lost those games whether I played or not most likely and I believe the same is true with this year's JMU squad. People like you just like to use that as an excuse as to why you lost by 18 to UNH. You don't mention that one though do you, just the close losses.

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM
This is going to be a damn close game. I'm just getting annoyed with NDSU fans talking about this being a route. We are not Montana State from last year ... sorry.

Montana State wasn't Montana State from last year either. We just made them look that way.

RichH2
December 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
xrolleyesx Gee,guys dont understand all the fuss. JMU will win with Thorpe at qb, then lose to lehigh in the next round Hope that clarifies it allxholyx

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Nope, I've heard all the excuses you have made all week. From what I've heard the back up played very well.

When I played at NDSU, my Junior year, we were undefeated the first six games and I went down with a season ending injury. We ended the season 8-3 I believe. With me we were 6-0, without we were 2-3.

By JMU math we would have been 11-0. The fact is we would have lost those games whether I played or not most likely and I believe the same is true with this year's JMU squad. People like you just like to use that as an excuse as to why you lost by 18 to UNH. You don't mention that one though do you, just the close losses.

Again, you're an idiot.

It's been discussed how Jace's injuries impacted his performances against Maine late in the game (OT loss) ... and how the offense was virtually one-dimensional because of injuries against ODU in the second half (got blanked in 2nd half) ...

By the end, Edwards had a bum shoulder that limited the amount of hits MIckey let him take and had an ankle injury that made him a less mobile QB. Our offense is built on the QB option keeper and he could not keep it ...

Do you understand how that may affect our offense dummy? Jace played great ... but had got banged up and it severely impacted his level of play ... and the type of plays MM could call with him in there. It became a waiting game to get Thorpe back.

Now, I understand our offense puts the QB in a position to get banged up. That's a risk you're willing to take. BUT, if Thorpe hadn't been a moron and gotten suspended, you would have had a fresh Jace to come in and spell him for a couple games if he got knicked. In this case, you had Jace ... and no true back-up to come in and spell him that fit in the scheme (which is why you saw so much of Dae'Quann out of the wildcat ... except that he isn't a threat to throw the ball, so again, one-dimensional if run all the time).

Thunderstruck
December 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM

JMU averages about 14 pass attempts per game. The goofers had 20 attempts with 2 ints. I would think MN would have a better passing offense than JMU. We have an opportunistic secondary. If JMU passes 15-20 times, I think we will get one of them.