PDA

View Full Version : Note to some JSU and NDSU fans from a EKU fan

ekufbfan
November 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Unable to reply on JMU forum. This is in reponse to a thread that NDSU fan posted on JSU's board saying that EKU in the playoffs is a "joke" and the JSU fan who replied that the playoffs are EKU's "superbowl".
Just do a little research fellows, I think you will find that EKU has now been in the playoffs 20 times, I would guess that is more than either NDSU or JSU has been in (maybe combined you might total close to that number).This is not meant as a slam (unlike your remarks). Yes, we hope to win, but make no mistake we have been there before and it is not our "superbowl" anymore than it would be yours (but I hope we play like it is and shut this crap up).

(Sorry, fixed this, meant JMU NOT JSU)

Cleets
November 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I don't remember where I got this from but check it out...

EKU Football
1979 National Champions
1982 National Champions
Most Conference wins in OVC History
20 IAA/FCS Playoff Appearances
31 straight winning seasons
21 OVC Championships

DJKyR0
November 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Without having read the forum in question, three guesses as to which NDSU fan it was talking **** and the first two don't count. Apologies that you guys had to put up with that - the vast majority of Bison Nation is taking both our potential opponents very seriously.

fargocyclone
November 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Unable to reply on JSU forum. This is in reponse to a thread that NDSU fan posted on JSU's board saying that EKU in the playoffs is a "joke" and the JSU fan who replied that the playoffs are EKU's "superbowl".
Just do a little research fellows, I think you will find that EKU has now been in the playoffs 20 times, I would guess that is more than either NDSU or JSU has been in (maybe combined you might total close to that number).This is not meant as a slam (unlike your remarks). Yes, we hope to win, but make no mistake we have been there before and it is not our "superbowl" anymore than it would be yours (but I hope we play like it is and shut this crap up).

For reference, this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football) shows NDSU has made 18 playoff appearances (yes, that includes DII). I don't know if that includes this year or not yet.

ekufbfan
November 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Don't have a problem with fans touting their teams , thinking their team the better of the two in a game situation and predicting a win for their favorite. I do have problem with egotistcal insinuations (especially when they are based on nonsense and ignorance).

18 playoff appearances for NDSU is most noteworthy, but EKU's are all in IAA/FCS. But regardless, it is the insinuations toward EKU based on nonsense is what I am addressing!

DJKyR0
November 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Shock of the century:

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?116392-Beware-of-the-Fargodome.
http://i.imgur.com/SYjRp.jpg

I don't know that a team that took Kansas State to the wire in a 10-7 thriller is a "joke," Lakes. xeyebrowx

JSUBison
November 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Without having read the forum in question, three guesses as to which NDSU fan it was talking **** and the first two don't count. Apologies that you guys had to put up with that - the vast majority of Bison Nation is taking both our potential opponents very seriously.

Just want to point out that the JSU in JSUbison stands for Jackson State, not Jacksonville State. Wasn't me.

dgtw
November 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Can we get a link to the board in question?

DJKyR0
November 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Just want to point out that the JSU in JSUbison stands for Jackson State, not Jacksonville State. Wasn't me.

Right, I figured it was a typo and he meant JMU. Look above for me totally calling the poster in question. xrotatehx

DJKyR0
November 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Can we get a link to the board in question?

The link I provided is to the JMU section on caazone.com.

bisonguy
November 25th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Shock of the century:

http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?116392-Beware-of-the-Fargodome.
http://i.imgur.com/SYjRp.jpg

I don't know that a team that took Kansas State to the wire in a 10-7 thriller is a "joke," Lakes. xeyebrowx

That and the game isn't sold out. More tickets available when the season ticket seats that weren't picked up are released Monday.

colonelblitz
November 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I don't remember where I got this from but check it out...

EKU Football
1979 National Champions
1982 National Champions
Most Conference wins in OVC History
20 IAA/FCS Playoff Appearances
31 straight winning seasons
21 OVC Championships

Don't forget National Runner up's in 80 and 81.. National title game 4 yrs in a row.xcoolx

semobison
November 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Don't forget National Runner up's in 80 and 81.. National title game 4 yrs in a row.xcoolx

Impressive history but you havn't won a playoff game since 94! But, you guys are due! Beat JMU!

dwtime
November 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM

As I remember EKU had a great coach for many a year forget his name. Great to have EKU back in the mix in my opionion. Good luck!

Squealofthepig
November 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Shock of the century

Like you said, our first two guesses didn't count. :)

sgt smash
November 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Gol dammit lakes....Shut up for once. Especially on opposing team boards. None of these guys walk in your house (on the lake) and P!$$ on your toilet seat.

Grizzaholic
November 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Gol dammit lakes....Shut up for once. Especially on opposing team boards. None of these guys walk in your house (on the lake) and P!$$ on your toilet seat.

LakesBison, turning the entire sports world against NDSU one week at a time.

Bam
November 25th, 2011, 09:27 PM
More EKU talk. Let's get hammered!

TTUEagles
November 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'm drinking some Kentucky beer (BBC) as I write this! GO OVC!

ekufbfan
November 25th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Got to admit I was into some vino as I was posting earlier this afternoon (and a little more this evening).....JSU?JMU? Oh yeah, we are playing JMU.
GO EKU! Beat JMU!
xbeerchugxxbeerchugxxbeerchugx CHEERS Colonel fans......................

ekufbfan
November 25th, 2011, 09:41 PM
As I remember EKU had a great coach for many a year forget his name. Great to have EKU back in the mix in my opionion. Good luck!
Coach ROY KIDD and THANKS for the good wishes.
GO EKU!

Eaglegus2
November 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Guys.....thanks for all the comical postings. I have had a pretty sad month with my mother passing away a week ago. She battled for the month she was in the hospital but went to be with the Lord on the 16th of November. It is good to be back reading and posting on AGS. Everything is slowly returning to normal but it all has changed and I will try to get back to normal if there is such.

Best of luck to all of the Teams and their fans that made the playoffs. I am hoping that I get to see some of my AGS posters in Paulson Stadium. Remember the RED FLAG Gang welcomes you all to our tailgate site. Just look for the huge RED FLAG.

LakesBison
November 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
lakesbison hasnt been on the CAA zone board, because they arent allowing visitors on there, apparently they dont want the truth exposed on their east coast bias stuff.

so sorry to disappoint all of those who ALWAYS think its lakesbison's fault.... get a clue.

Grizzaholic
November 25th, 2011, 09:53 PM
lakesbison hasnt been on the CAA zone board, because they arent allowing visitors on there, apparently they dont want the truth exposed on their east coast bias stuff.

so sorry to disappoint all of those who ALWAYS think its lakesbison's fault.... get a clue.

We don't need to think. It is displayed each and every day.

LakesBison
November 25th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Oh.. looky there.. they approved it. funny, they were monitering all new members. WOO HOO!

oh yea. sgt smash. haha. , I AM THE DEVIL FOR NDSU>>>> ARHWERIWJERJ AL:JA:J S T F U.

its called entertainment.

sgt smash
November 25th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I didn't say you were the devil for NDSU. I just said you should think before u open that cum guzzler of yours. It makes good fans look bad.

LakesBison
November 25th, 2011, 10:07 PM
haha.. yea. every FAN OF NDSU SHALL BE JUDGED BY ME.. all 50,000+ THEM. Man Im cocky, but even I couldnt pull that off,.... dont be so naive.

sgt smash
November 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM
On here lakes. Who accounts for all those votes in the "who do you not want to see win it all thread"? I would say you were the reason for about half of NDSU votes.

LakesBison
November 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
haha... if dip****s from other schools are going to VOTE "NDSU LOSES" because of me.... then holy **** they are as stupid as you.

sgt smash
November 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
What makes you think I am stupid?

kfkolonel
November 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for bringing it up.
A few facts about Coach Roy Kidd, whose name merits remembering:
In his 39 years as head coach of at EKU, his record was 315-123-8. The 315 wins at a single school puts him in third place in that category of all divisions in the NCAA. Those wins make him the 6th all-time winningest coach in Division 1-A and 1-AA. (Without a scandal, I might add.)
He led EKU to 37 non-losing seasons in 39 years, including a string of 25 straight winning seasons.
He led EKU to 17 Division 1-AA playoff appearances.
He coached 41 players who went on to sign in the NFL, and 55 all-Americans.
He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2003.

You are invited to Roy Kidd Stadium tomorrow for the EKU-JMU game.

ekufbfan
November 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks for bringing it up.
A few facts about Coach Roy Kidd, whose name merits remembering:
In his 39 years as head coach of at EKU, his record was 315-123-8. The 315 wins at a single school puts him in third place in that category of all divisions in the NCAA. Those wins make him the 6th all-time winningest coach in Division 1-A and 1-AA. (Without a scandal, I might add.)
He led EKU to 37 non-losing seasons in 39 years, including a string of 25 straight winning seasons.
He led EKU to 17 Division 1-AA playoff appearances.
He coached 41 players who went on to sign in the NFL, and 55 all-Americans.
He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2003.

You are invited to Roy Kidd Stadium tomorrow for the EKU-JMU game.

Hope we have some Roy Kidd mystique going on today at RKS...pull 'em thru Coach!

Cocky
November 26th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I wish we were good enough to talk smack.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Good luck to EKU and JMU, look forward to the game next weekend with the winner :)

LakesBison
November 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
most ndsu kids ive talked to in class would love to pound CAA teams in back to back weeks, so I say bring it on.