PDA

View Full Version : To any CAA fan who has seen both-- how would you compare Maine and ODU?

GSU Eagle
November 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Just curious how Maine compares to ODU.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM
the ODU that Delaware beat early changed the QB and went on a tear and the Maine that Delaware lost to seemed to just hold on .... thats a good question and I know I really didn't give you an answer

jmufan999
November 25th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I saw ODU twice: against UD and JMU.
Maine once: against JMU.

ODU is probably better against the run and Maine is considerably better against the pass. ODU's QB was lights out against JMU. He's very mobile as well as being accurate. Both teams are quite good and would be evenly matched if they were to play.

Maine had a really great gameplan against us, so it's hard to tell what a rematch would look like. We had 3 O-linemen get injured in the ODU game and that really hurt us. Not an excuse, it's a fact. 1st and 2nd halves were night and day.

ODU played much better against us than they did against UD, in my opinion. ODU can probably score points with the best offenses in the country. Maine may be a little bit more balanced.

PhillyApp1
November 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
GSU Eagle this is some early scouting....don't ya think??

;-)

GSU Eagle
November 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Never hurts to think ahead :) I think we know what Appalachian has. If indeed App and GSU win their 2nd round games I would expect nothing less than a war in Statesboro in 2 weeks. CAA teams are good teams though and it is not a guarantee at all that App or GSU win their games.

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
16276.....OL' DIMMY'S....PLISCO.....ONE O' BEST PUNTERS...AH'VE....EVERAH SEEN.....WHO WILL KEEP DUH MONARCHS...OUTTAH DEEP DOO-DOO....xnodx...BRAWK!

TwoFeathers
November 25th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Never hurts to think ahead :) I think we know what Appalachian has. If indeed App and GSU win their 2nd round games I would expect nothing less than a war in Statesboro in 2 weeks. CAA teams are good teams though and it is not a guarantee at all that App or GSU win their games.

I'd say Ga Southern has a a better chance vs. ODU than App does against Maine. Just MO.

GridCaptain
November 25th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Maine is more conservative. ODU is a gambling ball club, likes to take risks.

Maine is tough mentally and physically. ODU is young, but can surprise with fortitude and moxy.

I think Maine will win at the Rock and ODU, assuming it gets past Norfolk State, will be demolished by Georgia Southern.

jmufan999
November 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Maine is more conservative.

Is this the same Maine coach that went for a surprise 2 point conversion to beat JMU in the only OT period, when an extra point would have sent them to double overtime?

I believe Mickey's words have been (over the years, not necessarily in this game) that Jack is a "riverboat gambler", but I couldn't find a quote. Maine is the opposite of conservative.