PDA

View Full Version : If Your Team Doesn't Make the Championship Game, Who Would You Like to See

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2011, 08:44 AM
If NDSU doesn't make the championship game.............

I kind of like Towson (even though Andy hates NDSU) and my sleeper pic a couple weeks ago before the brawl......Montana.

Those would be my favorite teams to be there.

ngineer
November 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I'm always an 'underdog' rooter, and though by no means a weak team in this field, I'd like to see "little" Wofford do it, if my Mountain Hawks can't. I like the David/Goliath battles. (;-)

HailSzczur
November 24th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Well seeing that my team doesn't really stand a shot..... I'm pulling for the rest of the CAA and Lehigh

appfan2008
November 24th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I would love to have a rematch with wofford in the title game but if we dont make it i just hope anybody but gsu!

andy7171
November 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I hate NDSU?

ODU, UNH and Maine. Maybe Georgia Southern.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
JMU vs Wofford

Eaglesrus
November 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Wofford. I think Mike Ayers is a great coach and would be very deserving of the recognition that a championship would bring.

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Despite how insufferable the CAA fans would be I would like to see Towson do it if this isn't UNI's year.

extremerouge
November 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Towson vs. Montana St.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Montana/UNH vs. Towson/Old Dominion

NHwildEcat
November 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Anyone from the CAA...

FIDO-GATA
November 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Wofford. I think Mike Ayers is a great coach and would be very deserving of the recognition that a championship would bring.

They think highly enough of themselves without a championship. Ayers is a great coach though.
For no reason in particular I say Northern Iowa.

I-16Bandit
November 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Any SoCon team.

Not NDSU.

phoenix3
November 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Elon obviously won't make it. And even though this thread is more for those fans of teams that made the playoffs, I just wanted to interject. I'd like to see Georgia Southern win it all. While their fans are a bit obnoxious, I had a brief exchange with Coach Monken after the Elon game & found him to be a total class act. The team has started to take on his personality as well. Best of luck Eagles.

GridCaptain
November 24th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Georgia Southern v Montana

bojeta
November 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
If Montana can't be there, let it be Montana State!

MTfan4life
November 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM
What in the Sam Houston is going on in here? Also, I'd go with Maine/Towson.

mainejeff
November 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Montana/UNH vs. ODU

bisonwest
November 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I became a Sam Houston fan back in 2007 after our first meeting, so I will be pulling for the Bearkats in the unlikely event that someone beats us.

paul1978
November 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
NDSU and MSU... or is that MSU and NDSU.

da_Bison
November 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sam, UNI , Griz or Bobcats............lets keep it west

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Montana State, otherwise UNH or NDSU.

Eaglesrus
November 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Elon obviously won't make it. And even though this thread is more for those fans of teams that made the playoffs, I just wanted to interject. I'd like to see Georgia Southern win it all. While their fans are a bit obnoxious, I had a brief exchange with Coach Monken after the Elon game & found him to be a total class act. The team has started to take on his personality as well. Best of luck Eagles.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phoenix3 again."

Thanks from one of those obnoxious Eagles fans!

Griz0383
November 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
If my Griz lay an eggxbawlingx, I will be wearing Blue and Gold for my brothers at MSUxthumbsupx! Second choice would be NDSU! The Bison are going to be tough to beat and match up well against any style of offense in the playoff field.

Cleets
November 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Towson vs. Montana St.

+1

This would be amazing...

phoenix3
November 24th, 2011, 01:41 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phoenix3 again."

Thanks from one of those obnoxious Eagles fans!

xthumbsupx

chattanoogamocs
November 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Any SoCon team (because of loyalty to conference...and because Mocs fans can say they lost to the championship team by 2 points or less, no matter which SoCon team it was :()

or Tennessee Tech (because I have a lot of Eagle alums in the family...and it is their first time...and I would like to just see the OVC finally get another playoff win)

or EKU (because the Mocs beat them...and I liked the interactions I had with their fans, nice folks)

frozennorth
November 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Towson.

Ill accept montana, msu, shsu, uni, maine.

slostang
November 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Gotta go with the Big Sky and Montana or Montana State. Outside the Big Sky NDSU, Georgia Southern or Wofford.

McNeese72
November 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'll be pulling for conference brothers, Sam Houston and UCA, but if they don't make it, I'd like to see UNI make it and win it.

Doc

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'll be pulling for conference brothers, Sam Houston and UCA, but if they don't make it, I'd like to see UNI make it and win it.

Doc

Ditto for me ... hoping for Sam or UCA, but had UNI #1 to start the season, and respect their style of play ... North Dakota State would be next in line ... Towson would be my underdog choice.

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'd go with NDSU...really respect coach Bohl...and honestly wouldn't mind seeing him find a Promotion...

Next would be UNH.

Third would be Wofford.

ElonPride
November 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Obviously my team won't make it, but I would like to see Wofford and Lehigh get there.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
UNI, SHSU, Montana or Montana State.

Apphole
November 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Wofford. And I'm not surprised to not see App mentioned in this thread.

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2011, 06:26 PM
If GSU doesn't win it, I prefer Montana.

tractorapp
November 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
UNI was a classy bunch when we played them in '05 for the championship. Probably, historically the best program out there to not win a NC.

cbarrier90
November 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
1. NDSU - have built up quite a reputation on these boards in the past few weeks, but it's a great program with a passionate fanbase. Since their best years up until this point in FCS came when they were inelligible for the playoffs, they're overdue for a title, and I'd like to see them get it.

2. Montana - don't think I need to explain why UM is on this list...

3. Wofford - tough choice, but alot of respect for a program that doesn't get enough publicity in the heart of SEC country. Add to that the fact that Ayers is as classy a coach as they come. Much like NDSU, they're long overdue for a title. On the other hand, I don't know if I could stomach a kid from Boone leading a SoCon foe to a championship.

GrizzlyEdd
November 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM
If the Griz don't make it then the Montana St. Bobcats for sure...

John Deere
November 24th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Montana

Drblankstare
November 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Gotta stay in the valley with UNi, then I'd say both montanas or SHSU

deathoftheparty
November 24th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I would say Wofford. SoCon team + option offense. They've been a team I've really respected these past seasons.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 25th, 2011, 12:55 AM
JMU vs Wofford

We had a good game in the 2008 playoffs where neither option team could stop the other. TOP, ball control and who had the ball last. We were lucky to beat them.

For this year, if not JMU, then I would like to see Sam Houston State. A perfect season unbeaten is a beautiful thing. Good luck Bear Cats! (What is a bear cat? Anything like a honey badger?)

OL FU
November 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I'm always an 'underdog' rooter, and though by no means a weak team in this field, I'd like to see "little" Wofford do it, if my Mountain Hawks can't. I like the David/Goliath battles. (;-)

My natural inclination is to root for Wofford. Always have. But lately I have gotten to know some of the sobs a little better so I think I will root for NDSUxeekxxlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
If not NDSU then I have to go with the other Valley team.....uggh...UNI.....that just killed me....lol

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

They will lose to MSU by two or more TDs

Hope this helps

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2011, 03:01 PM
We had a good game in the 2008 playoffs where neither option team could stop the other. TOP, ball control and who had the ball last. We were lucky to beat them.

For this year, if not JMU, then I would like to see Sam Houston State. A perfect season unbeaten is a beautiful thing. Good luck Bear Cats! (What is a bear cat? Anything like a honey badger?)

That was a bad damn spot xlolx but seriously....I'd actually say GSU and any team but NDSU. Northern Iowa would be a good choice too

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
how bout Stoney Brook

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
how bout Stoney Brook

Last team outside of the 4 major conferences to even make it to the title game was Colgate in '03, so recent history (and common sense) say...no.

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

Great....Now UNH will have people picking them in the "Who do you not want to see win it all" thread

UIWWildthing
November 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Either Maine, UNH or Wofford

AppRolls
November 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wofford. It would balance out them getting screwed a few years ago.

GoAgs72
November 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Western bias - anyone to the left of the Mississippi.

blackfordpu
November 26th, 2011, 10:36 AM
If the Kats don't make it then UCA, just to shut up the "SLC is weak" talk.

veinup
November 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
if the Griz don't make it, i want to see Montana State do it.

gsu1992
November 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
If we are not able to add number 7, I would like to see Montana or Montana St. A little east coast love for the west!

RichH2
November 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
UNH or UNI ( xrolleyesxalphabetically symetrical) and both class teams and great fans

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
UMaine vs Northern Iowa.

Gotta go with the ancient rival xthumbsupx

...and the new "rival" who UNH hasn't ever been able to crack.... xbowx

DaBigBlue
November 27th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Maine or Towson

19Duke97
November 27th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'd love to see UNH make it. Classy and good coach and cool fans form what I have met.

WyomingGrizFan
November 27th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Picking the final two is difficult; but MSU / Wofford - Maine / NDSU

UCABEARS75
November 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
This is easy, I would like to see Sam Houston beat anybody 'cause the SLC needs to step it up!

AmsterBison
November 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Can't happen but I'd have like to see the EKU Colonels versus the Delaware Blue Hens.

The Colonel versus The Chicken in the ultimate grudge match! The BCS has its lame *** bowl games but the FCS would have had a Bucket Game.

Probably be big in Japan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/World/move-santa-claus-kfcs-colonel-sanders-signals-christmas/story?id=12437818

GoGriz1982
November 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM
If it's not Montana, then I have to go with Montana State... keep it in the Big Sky Conference.

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
ASU wins it all, but if they lose I would like one of the other Socon teams to take the crown and if not them.. Atleast some team from the east coast to bring the trophy back home.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
If not NDSU then UNI. Gotta stick with the valley.

Dgreenwell3
November 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
My team won't be in the playoffs thanks to SIU... rooting for ndsu and uni

GrizBowl
November 28th, 2011, 06:16 PM
NDSU v. Montana St

I would be very intrigued by this matchup

SpiritCymbal
November 28th, 2011, 06:20 PM
If GSU doesn't win it, I prefer Montana.

Ditto...then Woffy.

Seawolf97
November 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I will go with our America East Brethren Maine or UNH. I also pick GSU to win it all - tough team , tough schedule .

Mattymc727
November 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I cant believe how many of you want your rival to win it if your team cant. I would be pissed if Maine won it all before UNH did. Livid

93henfan
November 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
TORSON! I RIKE!!!

(oops - wrong website and screen name :p)

I-16Bandit
November 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I cant believe how many of you want your rival to win it if your team cant. I would be pissed if Maine won it all before UNH did. Livid

Maybe not rooting for your rival, but rather for your conference to represent well.

Squealofthepig
November 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM

I'm not so sure many are picking true rivals, so much as other conference members. I'll take Maine, just because I loved our battle of the bears - though it flabbergasts me that neither Maine nor UNH has ever won more than one playoff game in any given year.

Side Judge
November 29th, 2011, 09:41 AM
TORSON! I RIKE!!!

(oops - wrong website and screen name :p)

Hopefully lightning doesn't strike during practice - the current dire shortage of musk deer gland oil would put Towson at a severe disadvantage...

Bisonforlife
November 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Western bias - anyone to the left of the Mississippi.
I second this! xnodx

Silenoz
November 29th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Wofford vs Towson

AndrewFU21
November 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'd say one of the SoCon schools, but I'm not sure I can suffer through any of those fan bases after a championship. And for Wofford to be tied with us in championships would seem so... wrong in some way:D.

UNI is up there as one of the best programs never to win a title- I'd have no problem with them winning one.

Lehigh is a small, private, good academic school like Furman. I've always felt in league with the Patriot League schools, so I tend to root for them in the playoffs.

If none of them, let it be someone who has never won it before.

boogereagle
November 29th, 2011, 05:33 PM
If it ain't GSU, then let it be Wofford or App State.

But if I could pick a team not in the playoffs I'd pick Savannah State. Close to home and they need the success worse than anybody.

ThompsonThe
November 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
If not App State then our good friends at GaSo

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm ALL SoCon All the way....Lets go Eaglterrineers!!!!

Seawolf97
November 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe not rooting for your rival, but rather for your conference to represent well.

EXACTLY ! We had four AE teams in this Tournament. Now ther are 3- Hopefully one wil advance deep in the ohter rounds. Meant no slight to UNH- they are always a solid programxthumbsupx

FIDO-GATA
November 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM

DITTO...I rooted for App when they won their first one, but I soon realized how stupid I was being.

ThompsonThe
November 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I would be proud of Georgia Southern to win their 7th national championship. Or for Wofford to win their first. It doesn't hurt my school for them to be successful. Doesn't make us any better for them to lose. I know both schools fans would really be happy. I never wanted GaSo to have those down years. They are not my enemies, just really good competition.
The better they are, the better it is when we beat them. Same with the Terriers.

FIDO-GATA
November 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
It's not that I would pull for App or Wofford to lose..I just wouldn't pull for them to win. That probably makes no sense but oh well...

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
As much as it pains me, it would be a good thing for Wofford's program to win it's first national title. But honestly, anyone but Georgia Southern would be nice!!

footballer23
November 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see one of 3 teams win it if NDSU can't... either our MVFC brethren Northern Iowa or Montana State or Georgia Southern.

HailSzczur
November 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Thats why I was so torn last year during the NC:
-It's always hard to root for Delaware for me (unless of course they're playing a FBS team, I root for every FCS team against FBS)
-It was also hard to root for EWU after they beat what I thought was a Nova team even better then our NC team
-Wanted to root for Delaware to make it 3 straight CAA NC wins over the Big Sky
-Wanted to root for EWU cause there is something a little more comforting knowing you lost to the best team in the country

In the end though it worked out. EWU won, Delaware got to look like whiners, and I enjoyed watching Keeler get upset.

LeadBolt
November 30th, 2011, 10:01 AM
There are four on my list. GA Southern, New Hampshire, Towson & Wofford.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM
any one of the teams West of the Mississippi River...

TheEagleWay
November 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I would be proud of Georgia Southern to win their 7th national championship. Or for Wofford to win their first. It doesn't hurt my school for them to be successful. Doesn't make us any better for them to lose. I know both schools fans would really be happy. I never wanted GaSo to have those down years. They are not my enemies, just really good competition.
The better they are, the better it is when we beat them. Same with the Terriers.

I feel much the same way.

owascoag
November 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Fill the steins to dear old Maine, shout til the rafters ring.....

owascoag
November 30th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Taking no responsibility for the stretch with the Yellow Jacket drunk guy between :51 and :59 nor anything after 1:23, perhaps our school song can win us some votes....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO_aoOZbT9I

Eaglegus2
December 1st, 2011, 03:49 AM
If Georgia Southern stumbles I would like to see Wofford win the championship

Keeper
December 2nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
EWU fell short, so like to see Sam Houston & Georgia Southern (a handsome sounding pair) xlovex

No really, expect a lot of scoring with that pair, a good match.

(insert your joke here)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 2nd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Keeper - that's my final. If not JMU, I hope you are right! :)

AshevilleApp2
December 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wofford/UNI winner vs Lehigh