PDA

View Full Version : CSJ Classic: A Day in I-AA, 2002

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Here is a look back in I-AA history to the final day of the 2002 regular season, along with a postscript of the playoffs. Look for more of these historical articles in the days to come as we get ready for the 2011 playoffs:

By David Coulson
Executive Editor
College Sports Journal

Editor's Note: It is time to get back into the Wayback Machine with Mr. Peabody and his boy, Sherman (anybody remember the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show?) for a ride back to 2002 in what was then called I-AA. It is the final day of the regular season and our author takes us through a day of football as it happened.

BOONE, N.C. — It's D Day for many I-AA football teams around the country and I have decided on a rare Saturday off day to spend it in front of the television , with computer nearby to track those I can't see on the Internet.

I've had to get past numerous challenges to make this work.

My television had a power supply blow up in it on Thursday night, forcing me to scramble for another set. Instead of my usual 27-inch Sony, I'm feeling blessed to have a borrowed, but functioning, 13-inch Toshiba to watch everything unfold.

I feel like a kid in a candy store as I wait for the games to begin.

It's high noon and I wrestle the remote from my two daughters. Cartoon super hero Space Ghost is replaced by the Atlantic 10 Game of the Week.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/86-college-sports-journal/csj-classic-archives/109-a-day-in-i-aa-2002

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Check out the leading picture on the article now - it should bring back some memories for William & Mary fans.